Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Country Chaos

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Michaela is actually fairly petite in her build, she seems a little bigger due to her square shoulders.

I am glad she is not large because that nice place would have been torn up.

Her round face betrays her svelte figure. I love her fashion sense and think she always looks good in what she's wearing. Except her wedding dress. I hated it. Now that I see how fashion-forward she is, I cannot believe she chose that basic, dowdy wedding dress.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

It will never work because Michaela is crazy and Zach is traumatized from past relationships with women like Michaela.  He’s been in relationships with crazy destructive evil “ladies”. What’s better about Zack’s bed? It’s nowhere near Michaela who might wake up in the other room and try to actually hurt him. You really don’t know how unstable she is. Only her sisters know.   He probably also has one of those $3000-$4000 beds. Hotel beds are only so good. I’d like to be at my home with my dog and my lock on my door if I was dating a Michaela. And I did have a very short experience with someone who turned out to be extremely unstable and it was frightening.That kind of temper can just explode I hate to have her have a bad dream and think that it was real.  He doesn’t even know which Michaela he would wake up to. She’s so impulsive she could do something in reaction that could be quite damaging. Once you’ve been around someone who is truly crazy I mean truly crazy you know that you could be in danger if they have some crazy thought and feel like they have to punish you right now. He doesn’t even know which Michaela he would wake up to.

Yet he wants to sleep IN THE SAME BED with her. 😕🙃 Guess it's not so scary if he gets to have sex with her. 😂😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Gil and myrla are my favorite couple this season. I love that hard-exterior Myrla "chose to love Gil." It's so cute to seeing her touching him, hanging from his neck ("can you see my panties" 😂), and taking selfies with Hype. Alas, I think now she likes him way more than he likes her and I'm afraid her heart will be broken.  I think he was very stand-offish toward her on this retreat. I think her feelings were hurt when he called her bratty, especially because it wasn't said with humor, as someone upthread mentioned. 

• Love 9

And I think that's why Michaela didn't want him driving at night.  She might be crazy, but I do believe she was concerned about his safety.   

I definitely think she is crazy and I believe DWB is a thing, but I don't think Michaela was even a little bit concerned for his safety. She first told him to leave (repeatedly); then told him she didn't want him to leave. I think it has to do with her particular type of crazy. I also think that, when she first told him to leave, she didn't think he really would. She was hoping the drama would last all night and into the next day (when could then pull the rest of the cast into the middle of it). I think Michaela LOVES drama and loves to be in the middle of it. She knew if Zach left, things would calm down and she didn't want that. She wanted to keep arguing with him.

she always looks good in what she's wearing.

I would have agreed until I saw that weird "top" that she wore on Unfiltered - the one that looked like she just had some tape wrapped strategically around her torso. I actually liked her wedding dress too and thought it was really flattering on her.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think Michaela was even a little bit concerned for his safety.

I hope it's just bad editing, but from what we've seen, Michaela cares about Michaela.

• Love 5
On 10/20/2021 at 5:31 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Man, Ryan basically  said to Brett(in the car), "Girl, are you blind?!"

The PUNK ASS!!! She said she'd heard he said he was going to have a conversation with her about how he just wants to be friends & he got pissy. He got mad cuz he got called out on being too big a punk to SAY IT, especially when he told OTHERS he would! He ASKED her what he's told others that he hasn't told her, then got mad at her answer. FOOL! Basically saying she knows how he feels, trying to invalidate what she said.

• Love 4
On 10/20/2021 at 9:05 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think Myrla's just more laid back than the other women.  I did notice her nodding a little when Bao was talking.  I'd say she's just disinterested.

Or maybe a little shy?  That could come off as conceited sometimes.  I noticed when Gil says something derogatory to her, she doesn’t answer.  She’s not confrontational.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Or maybe a little shy?  That could come off as conceited sometimes.  I noticed when Gil says something derogatory to her, she doesn’t answer.  She’s not confrontational.

"I receive it."

😄

I thought that was cute and also mature.

• Love 15
On 10/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Crashcourse said:

I like Brett's conversation with Ryan.

I’ve been more impressed with her assertiveness and open dialogue lately. Almost as if giving up on a relationship with Ryan has freed herself to be authentic.  She loves games it appears and Ryan seems to enjoy as well. 

As for MAFS, this season is wearing me out.  Some questions:  Does Myra save her darker moments for off camera time?  Did Bau request an Asian partner?   Does Ryan have a clue what he wants?  Is Mikaela for real?  Is Johnny for real?   

This week I enjoyed watching Couples Cam more than MAFS    But Jess and Austin have no clue prepping dog for baby.  

Really like Rachel and Jose.  They’re working on relationship like adults.   

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

"I receive it."

😄

I thought that was cute and also mature.

Me too! And I love when Gil cutely mocked her words. Adorable. 

It is really obvious that Myrla and Gil are older than the typical MAFS couple. i assume they both have decent dating experience and that experience shows in how they communicate. Neither of them flip out (or flip benches!) if the other one does or says something less than complimentary. It’s so healthy. I hope MAFS continues to cast at least older couple every season. These 20 somethings who haven’t had a serious relationship for 8 or 10 years (or ever!) can be very hard to watch. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

Me too! And I love when Gil cutely mocked her words. Adorable. 

It is really obvious that Myrla and Gil are older than the typical MAFS couple. i assume they both have decent dating experience and that experience shows in how they communicate. Neither of them flip out (or flip benches!) if the other one does or says something less than complimentary. It’s so healthy. I hope MAFS continues to cast at least older couple every season. These 20 somethings who haven’t had a serious relationship for 8 or 10 years (or ever!) can be very hard to watch. 

I think they're all older this season, well, they're in their 30's.  Zach is the youngest at 27.

• Love 2

I just re-watched “Silver Linings Playbook” and wow, Michaela could be Bradley Cooper’s character double.  Flipping out at the smallest perceived sleight, then pouting, then apologizing, cycle, rinse, repeat. 

I’m not here to diagnose, but girl needs help.  Stat. 

• Love 4

Bahaha! Cue Myrla almost falling trying to enter the barn. Then she complains about the barn. "Close confines with other humans"? Uh. No. That's wrong. Try another word of the day. 😂

Bahaha. Zack said they "kind of" resolved her moving out. I'm thinking that's a "not really." 😂 Tricky language guys use. He said he wanted her to say she was sorry or that she understands why she shouldn't have done that. She did it to hurt him & she's sorry for that. Um. What about you sleeping in your apartment?? YOU FIRST PUNK! SMH! Can't have it both ways! Can't claim the other person's being hurtful when you left the apartment first. 😂 So that's where they're at? Tryna out hurt the other? Sad. & toxic.

Edited by Lindz

Johnny said his goal was to spend as little time as possible with Bao during the couples' retreat!?!!! 😬😬 That's so messed up! NOT COOL! But he's wearing his ring for appearances, huh?

• Love 5

How did they not discuss where they'd sleep before they got there?!! Guys' problem-solving nature was fun to watch on this one. What's so difficult about sharing a bed with your spouse? Pillows in between? HUH?!! How hard is it to just stay on your side?!! I wonder why Johnny didn't wanna sleep with Ryan. They're besties & we already think Johnny's gay so. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/20/2021 at 5:45 PM, Cancun said:

Michaela giving “deep” marriage advice at dinner, when we’ve all seen the previews of how this weekend goes down with her 🙄

I can't believe she actually had the nerve to give advice, while NOT wearing her ring, & it wasn't even that great. They've been saying to be open & honest all along. 😂 & then Zack said to address issues... Cuz they've done that so well?!! Yeah right.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Michaela sure does know how to sugarcoat it, doesn't she? They don't care, but they love AND like each other. How's that working? & then Bao says he's compromising & meeting her in the middle. HUH??? By sleeping in his apartment? NAH! They have realness & openness cuz they have trust & commitment?! SAY WHAAAAT??! They absolutely do NOT have trust, but they do keep trying. What for? Who knows. 😂 I hope Bao kicked them off that pedestal after Michaela's freak out. 😅

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

Good on Zack for asking Ryan how not sleeping in the same room at the retreat is different from them not sleeping together in their own apartment. It wasn't that great a question though. He should've asked why he would expect them to share a room when they hadn't for weeks. Why would he think she'd just agree? Why hadn't they figured out sleeping arrangements before arriving? He sounded ridiculous. I'm glad Brett actually addressed that. FINALLY addressing SOMETHING! 😂 Trying to be an adult about it? HUHHH?!!! HOWSO?!! Handle it without making a scene?! They have an "absolute scene"?!! WTF?! Johnny's dramatics must've infected him too! 😅😂 A discussion about a misunderstanding is NOT a scene!!! TF?! Sick of these scared, weak males! 

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5

OMG! That Bao misfire was both HILARIOUS & TERRIFYING!!! How could she pull the trigger without being mindful of where it's pointed?!! She needed some proper training. That was ridiculous. Johnny's joke was actually funny tho. 😅😂

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I laughed at Bao creating her "gourmet" meals for the group.  I'm guessing that was producer driven.  Johnny looked like he was trying not to choke on the food.

i don't think she said this was a gourmet meal, she just took the reins and did the cooking for everybody

12 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Michaela most definitely needs a tranquilizer , however what Zack said would have pissed me off too . Let’s get divorced then date that way we can try to make it work . Wtf ?  Yes , Michaela is loud and explosive , but he’s very immature and I think he’d fail in any marriage he was in . He even said as much in the convo with Dr. pepper . If things aren’t perfect , he runs . I think he’s loving that she’s giving him a valid reason to run , that way it’s not his fault that it didn’t work out . 

I think he's just too young and immature to be married and the "experts" should have noticed this and not cast him, especially with this she-devil.

• Love 2

Zack looks like a weirdo when he smiles at inappropriate times. He smiled while telling Brett he couldn't imagine (about losing Baxter). He smiled during the Michaela meltdown. That might've made her more angry, not that anything she did was acceptable.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I got the distinct impression that Zack (Zak? Zach?) doesn’t want to be married to Michaela (or have anything to do with her after Divorce Day), but that they are having sex and he didn’t necessarily want to stop just because their relationship was doomed.

Yup. I think that's what he was sneakily trying to say with his divorce & try to work on things BS. He's too shady with his word garbage. So juvenile. I can't tolerate that ish either, but her reaction was so insane. She lost some of her credit with that. 😅

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Zack looks like a weirdo when he smiles at inappropriate times. He smiled while telling Brett he couldn't imagine (about losing Baxter). He smiled during the Michaela meltdown. That might've made her more angry, not that anything she did was acceptable.

I've noticed that he laughs a little too hard at inappropriate times on Unfiltered. He did it in this episode too, but I can't remember the scene. I'll have to rewatch later because now I'm curious.

• Love 1

Ryan asked Brett what she thought was the best plan of action for them going forward. 😂😂😂😂 That ish was HILARIOUS!!! Like, she ain't doing EVERYTHING for him. He should have a plan to present at that point! So stupid! He sounded like he was waiting for certain moments to do what he said he was gunna do & actually try & did NOT tell her & just expected her to be available for his random "effort gesture." Um. HOW?! TELL HER YOU IDIOT!! Like he expected her to just know? & then blamed her when he never even told her in the first place?!? Dr. Pepper already told him she's not a mind reader & he continued doing that same shit! I mean. COME ON!! I CAN'T EVEN!! 😫 

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 6

It's great that Myrla isn't ridiculously in her feelings & sensitive so she can change. Gil was right to call her on her complaining. Better that than counting it against her & dumping her. He should've explained that a woman's complaining makes a man feel like he can't make her happy. That simple. Maybe he doesn't know. I like seeing low emotion, high information talks. I think it's more important to gain understanding than be emotional, especially when it's negative emotions.

• Love 4

I guess i'm missing something because I often do zone out during shows, but it seems to me that Ryan HAS told Brett numerous times that he just doesn't have romantic feelings for her and doesn't know if he can get there. but I keep reading people say that he's not being straightforward with her. That seems pretty straightforward to me. I mean, saying " i'm not attracted to you" seems cruel and unnecessary. So if that's the type of honesty people would want from him then I wouldn't do it either and agree with him for not saying it. I also don't think it's just physical attraction that's making him feel this way. I think he wants more of a challenge and also a more adventurous person. Brett is a good person but she needs more of a homebody or someone who enjoys just going to dinner and a movie. I think having common interests and hobbies should be very high up there with reasons to be matched, but then they wouldn't get the drama they are in search of. The experts always seem to use the "opposites attract" approach that hardly ever works . They know what they're doing for those ratings.

I am glad that Bao is finally just admitting to being done with Johnny's shit. Nothing she will ever do will be good enough and nothing she will ever say will be the right thing. Let him live a miserable life in search of perfection even though he is the one who needs the intervention.

I think Gil knows it will never realistically work between him and Myrla, so is just playing along and being a good sport in the meantime. Yeah he picks at her a lot, but he never yells at her or gets out of line. He just is honest that she is acting like a brat, which she is 99 % of the time. She brings nothing to the table. She isn't fun, always complains, doesn't socialize with other people, and thinks pecking someone you are married to on the lips is a humongous step. She is lucky he is being as nice as he is.

• Love 5

Myrla needs to give positive feedback to her husband to encourage him! GD! That's basic information! Read a book! If she wants him to continue doing them, she better quit being silent. 😅😂

• Love 1

My God! Is it fear or crazy or both that made Michaela do that ish?!! She started it by saying he could go home tonight. SHE SUGGESTED IT!!! She figured he'd do some shit like WHAT??!! She didn't want to ride back with him. She told him SIX times to leave, at least! Then says she doesn't know what she said that caused him to be done tonight. Say WHAT?! Then references video evidence of them having a good time earlier. Ya she needs to see the tape for this crazy shit! 😅 Then he said it was cuz she said she didn't want to ride with him. (Which, WHY is he always leaving?! She didn't even say sleep elsewhere at that point. He ALWAYS counters her, like he has to outdo her. Stupid.) Then she said she was sorry & misunderstood & said she'd ride with him. Then he laughed & she switched again & called her sister for a ride. Then forgot she said she'd ride back with him. WTF?!! So he decides to leave & she tries to make him stay. CRAZY!!! How she get amnesia twice in the same conversation??!! 😅😂 I'm glad she didn't ride back with him, she might've grabbed the steering wheel. 😅 He prolly should've lied & said he'd take a nap & snuck out. He was looking like a hostage. Insane!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

Um. Them liars need to watch the tape. She didn't throw the glass, it fell off the table she bumped. No need to add more dramatics. She did enough on her own. 😂 Did they speed up the tape & make her look possessed? I'm surprised they already showed everything in her freak out in the previews. No extra crazy. 😅

• Love 1

Johnny and Bao:  Smh Johnny is a child.  Im not saying Bao by any means is perfect but she deserves a man not a child.  He is a cruel person.

Zach and Michaela: I think she is off the chain. Her behavior is unacceptable BUT good Lord Zach is frustrating.  I would want to strangle him too.  These to are oil and water.  They do not mix and never will. And how stupid is Zach?  Lets divorce and then date? I honestly think that he said that thinking she wouldnt fight him on a divorce and once the divorce is finalized he can go ghost. 

Jose and Rachel:  These 2 may make it past decision day but I worry that down the road his temper may flare back up.  She also seems to me that she could go all Lorainna Bobbit on him.  Id bet she has a firey temper too.  But for the most part I like them together thus far and they seem to really be into each other and I find that sweet.

Gill and Mryla: These 2 are great.  They remind me of myself and my husband of 20yrs.  Hes Gill and Im Mryla.  I dont think she thinks shes better than anyone. I just think she has standards and there is nothing wrong with that.  Its obvious to me she is head over heals for Gill and vice versa. Mryla has went from Ill never change to I will make changes for Gill. She and him have a great relationship because, other than Brett, these 2 seem the most real to me.  No shame in who they are and I like that. Her comment "I recieve that" was not only open but it was letting him know he has been heard.  Gill is the best man on the whole show.  To me the experts paired these two well.

Ryan and Brett:  I left these 2 for last because they started out as my favorite couple.  I have been holding out hope with each passing episode that a spark would ignite for Ryan.  To me the silence between them both is a killer.  Even with the conversation they had where she questioned his reasoning for wanting to all of a sudden sleep in the same bed was not deep. They really didnt dive into anything that needed discussed.  Ryan keeps showing how messy Brett is but hasnt said to her hey I have an issue with this.  Brett has an issue with him moving out of the bedroom but instead of saying wtf? Shes like ok if thats what you wanna do.  I mean come on speak your minds and get that stuff out in the open. My heart still aches for Brett because she wants this so badly and given any affection or attention from Ryan she would blossom.  I am disappointed in Ryan after this episode because if he wanted to use this trip as a rekindling trip he should have voiced that to her but instead he kept his mouth shut and Brett felt more and more unwanted.  Shame on Ryan.  I know if your not feeling it your not feeling it but damn Son try to romance her. Try something instead of sitting there like a bump on a log! *sigh*

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I got the distinct impression that Zack (Zak? Zach?) doesn’t want to be married to Michaela (or have anything to do with her after Divorce Day), but that they are having sex and he didn’t necessarily want to stop just because their relationship was doomed.

Agreed! I think this was the real issue he had with her wanting separate bedrooms and him deciding to move out. Michaela has OBVIOUS anger issues that ABSOLUTELY need to be addressed but Zach is NOT honest with himself or others about how he's contributing to the situation. If he really is fearing for his life then he should leave and should have left weeks ago!

Edited by BluBarbi98
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

i don't think she said this was a gourmet meal, she just took the reins and did the cooking for everybody

I have a feeling that each couple was assigned a meal to fix ( with help. Like Jose grilling).  Maybe even two couples a meal together.  It seemed to shift between couples as the weekend(?) went on. Ryan brought meals from his local restaurant, but Zach and Michaela ate tacos that meal instead. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Maybe Michaela agreed to stuff while she had amnesia. 😂 She agreed to divorce & then date? Ok. Sure. I think she just agrees with him just to be agreeable & appear stable, since she sucks at confrontation. 😂 Again. Unfortunate instance of not saying enough & in Zack's case, saying stupid shit. I have no idea what he was saying. What different situation did he want? Marriage is too much pressure? He wants to be free to leave? He just wants sex? WHAT?! He made it sound hurtful saying he wasn't ready for marriage to HER. MEANING??!!!! Being married to HER is too much work. MEANING?!!! I think it's her craziness, but be an adult & SAY IT! DAMN! There's no other way to take that than personally.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1

Wow. Ryan actually said something smart. Not to expect someone to take his actions the way he thinks they should be perceived. Ain't that the unfortunate truth! I WISH people could take things how I mean them. 🙃 He's still FOS though. She took his BS the correct way! He conveyed he was done with the marriage quite effectively. 😂😂 His dumbass should've said he realized he can't communicate telepathically. 😅😂

Edited by Lindz

A big problem Bao & Brett had was tolerating their husbands' BS. They were too scared to communicate their boundaries & that made already weak Ryan & Johnny now see their wives as weak too. I never understand guys testing boundaries. I would think real men don't do that BS, but eh. Real ones respect them. That's for damn sure. Would boundaries have made these fools real men? 🤔 Idk. Good thing Bao saw her mistakes. Even though she let him disrespect her, she also kept her cool (at least on the outside) so. Partial credit. 😅 Even Brett hit her tolerance & called out that fool for saying they'd share a room. Good start. I hope they expand on that. Given her crying with Viv, she needs to reassure him that she can handle the truth, so just say it. 😂

• Love 2

Good on Zack for not letting Michaela get him to her crazy. (Who knows if he's capable. Let's hope not.) He remained calm, somewhat. He laughed too much & I think that flipped some crazy switches in her head. Still, even though it's unfortunate to see, it's better than matched crazy. It's interesting to see crazy & subdued. José & Rachel better showed that. It's sad to see someone take that ish. It's very strong of them to maintain control. Glad they're not looking like fools like their spouses. 😅 Ain't it interesting how the offenders just get over it & move on & the others are shell-shocked & needing time to recover? I wonder why. Is it cuz they were wrong & don't want to keep feeling shame? 🤔 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Spectator said:

Almost every guy I know prefers women with a natural look. All the time and money we ladies spend on our hair and makeup, and men seem most attracted to us when we are chilling out, hair down and make up-free, in shorts snd a t-shirt. Go figure. Lol

I think that's only because they think we're closer to naked than when we're glammed up.

Also, just as a general PSA, there's a difference between "disinterested" and "uninterested."  "Disinterested" doesn't mean you're not interested--it means you're unbiased.  I'm sure it's going to eventually go the route of "literally" and "figuratively," where misuse is so prevalent that it changes the meaning, and leaves the original with two opposite meanings and in the case of "literally," no substitute for when you really mean "literally," but I'll always regret not sounding the alarm earlier on that one.

Think about judges.  Most people would not want an uninterested judge, who's scrolling Instagram while the parties present their case.  But they do want a disinterested judge--one who listens to the facts and bases a decision only on those facts. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Gil and myrla are my favorite couple this season. I love that hard-exterior Myrla "chose to love Gil." It's so cute to seeing her touching him, hanging from his neck ("can you see my panties" 😂), and taking selfies with Hype. Alas, I think now she likes him way more than he likes her and I'm afraid her heart will be broken.  I think he was very stand-offish toward her on this retreat. I think her feelings were hurt when he called her bratty, especially because it wasn't said with humor, as someone upthread mentioned. 

I’m kind of worried about them too. She seems more interested. He seems disinterested. 

What changed?  I’m thinking maybe they finally had sex and that changed Gil’s feelings?

I dunno! 🤷‍♀️ 

• Love 2

I am curious to see who goes first on Decision Day. I wonder if Myrla would be blindsided if he went first and said no. As far as them having had sex, I don't know, but they do seem very comfortable being close physically and there is a lot of touching, so maybe they have. This is the only couple I want to see on D Day, as all of the others seem to be set. I just hope they let Brett and Bao go first, so they get the chance to reject the men. If they let Michaela go first, it won't matter - they know they don't belong together, even if she has decided to love him.

I do feel bad when the first one they choose says yes and then the spouse says no. That is pretty humiliating.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

Even Brett hit her tolerance & called out that fool for saying they'd share a room. Good start. I hope they expand on that. Given her crying with Viv, she needs to reassure him that she can handle the truth, so just say it. 😂

IMO there is no reason to prolong the "agony" between them and have Ryan go into a discussion and/or explanation regarding his lack of attraction/interest in Brett as a romantic partner/wife. 

I think any verbal rejection of her would be unnecessarily hurtful and serve absolutely no purpose.  His actions speak louder than any words he may utter to confirm what she already knows.

Even worse, if Ryan was "softer" in his explanation of his lack of attraction to her, and perhaps couched his remarks in words that might be more open to "interpretation" Brett might have "heard" him saying there might be movement on his part to give the relationship time to "blossom".  I call that "playing games" with her emotions otherwise known as "leading her on".   

I would find that despicable.

• Love 2

I think that Zach ends up talking in circles because he really is afraid.  When Michaela told him to stay the night and go to sleep (after telling him to leave), I think he may have found that terrorizing (like, what would happen/what would she do?).  After this season ends, he will probably be calmer and appear more rational.  However, I did not find it cute that Bao was watching/listening to their argument in the hall (Bao, be more covert and put your ear to the door to listen...).  Also related to Bao, I think I saw some of the "acting" that Johnny keeps referencing when she was telling Michaela what to do and then touched Michaela's eyelashes to remove something.  It appears to be taking care of her, but, no, don't just touch someone like that without asking permission.  It's almost too intimate of an action to just come from nowhere (IMO of course).  

And Brett...don't talk with food in your mouth (at the communal meal).  She did it at the wedding reception as well as at the Ranch.  Pet peeve (at least put your hand over your mouth if you really have to say something right then and there).  If what Ryan said was true about her staying out until 2:30 a.m. the week prior to the retreat, then she is presenting a story that may not be altogether true (I'm trying so hard...).  I don't really care for either of them and agree with so many others that they are not a match).

Johnny seems surprised that the others like Bao (because that's not the story he is telling).

I would be not happy if Gil brought his dog and I wasn't allowed to bring mine (yes, he said the dog sitter cancelled, but still...puppy love is pure and will be a long-term relationship unlike most [if not all] of these marriages).

I could not believe that on Unfiltered both Viv and Jaime were more supportive of Michaela than Zach.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I guess i'm missing something because I often do zone out during shows, but it seems to me that Ryan HAS told Brett numerous times that he just doesn't have romantic feelings for her and doesn't know if he can get there. but I keep reading people say that he's not being straightforward with her. That seems pretty straightforward to me. I mean, saying " i'm not attracted to you" seems cruel and unnecessary. So if that's the type of honesty people would want from him then I wouldn't do it either and agree with him for not saying it. I also don't think it's just physical attraction that's making him feel this way. I think he wants more of a challenge and also a more adventurous person. Brett is a good person but she needs more of a homebody or someone who enjoys just going to dinner and a movie. I think having common interests and hobbies should be very high up there with reasons to be matched, but then they wouldn't get the drama they are in search of. The experts always seem to use the "opposites attract" approach that hardly ever works . They know what they're doing for those ratings.

Opposites may attract but can they stay together, is the question. Brett and Ryan have very little in common, which I think is the cause of his lack of attraction. He wants a woman who will shoot skeet and hunt with him; Brett is not that woman. And I agree; there’s really no benefit to either of them to have them hash out exactly why he’s not into her. That’s a question people think they want the answer to (“why don’t you like me?”) but they really don’t. Brett is who she is.

16 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Did Bau request an Asian partner?

I would bet she did - specifically a Vietnamese-American partner. She told Johnny that she told the producers that she must have a traditional tea ceremony at her wedding, which I think is a cultural nuance that only someone who shares her culture would get. I’d also bet that Jose and Rachel and Gil and Myrla asked for Hispanic partners (I think Jose and Rachel are both Mexican-American but I’m not 100% sure).

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Also related to Bao, I think I saw some of the "acting" that Johnny keeps referencing when she was telling Michaela what to do and then touched Michaela's eyelashes to remove something.  It appears to be taking care of her, but, no, don't just touch someone like that without asking permission.  It's almost too intimate of an action to just come from nowhere (IMO of course).  

I thought my reaction to Bao touching Michaela's eyelashes was nitpicking about Bao because I still find her to be kind of creepy, so I'm glad it's not just me who noticed that.  I'm surprised Michaela was calm because I would have politely told Bao to keep her hands off my face.   

Also...

9 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I would be not happy if Gil brought his dog and I wasn't allowed to bring mine (yes, he said the dog sitter cancelled, but still...puppy love is pure and will be a long-term relationship unlike most [if not all] of these marriages).

I thought it was insensitive and boneheaded of Gil to bring his dog, especially since everyone knew that Brett had just lost hers.  Even though the sitter cancelled, surely he could have found a friend or relative to look after Hype. 

• Love 2