Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Country Chaos

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Michaela is scary. She tells Zack to leave, tries to stop him, he leaves, she goes ballistic and trashes the rec room. Drive faster Zack! 

Read about this in the book, “I hate you! Don’t leave me.”read about this very behavior and thought process in the book. It’s a classic about being in relationships with borderline Personality disordered people. She is a classic.

Brett  shows anxiety symptoms of having been traumatized. Particularly a extreme startle response. The panic that she apparently showed on the airplane was severe and freaked out Ryan who likes to travel. I’m sure he was immediately thinking this is never going to work. She’s never going to be able to travel with me and do all the fabulous vacations I want to take my kids on. What kids? He did sort of seem like he wanted kids even more than a wife.

Edited by Kira53
I don’t write well on an iPad.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

The VRBO listing for the ranch. As usual, the beds/bedroom drama was manufactured. No need for anyone to sleep on the couch when there are 8 bedrooms and 16 beds!  The pictures of the upstairs “kids area” with multiple built-in bunks would have been fine for anyone who didn’t want to share a room with their spouse.  I’m looking at you, Ryan and Johnny 👀

Also, I don’t know why Myrla said “shared bathrooms!” when they first arrived. It’s obvious each room has its own bath. Maybe she was fussing about sharing a bathroom with Gil?  That’s a lot to expect of a vacation rental or hotel room or any accommodation that isn’t your own home.

https://www.vrbo.com/1186821?arrival=2022-10-03&departure=2022-10-07&unitId=1737579

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 11
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Show, the time you hit rewind and played back Michaela’s shit? Chef’s kiss.

She’s creepy with her weird laugh, blank cold stare, sarcastic tone, calm whisper with crazy eyes, and wild contradictory swings. Talking with her is like trying to nail jello to the wall - impossible. And her switch up to solicitous concern for his safety? C’mon! I don’t blame Zack one bit for fleeing from that toxic scenario. Just be done for real this time - it ain’t going to get better from here (been there, done that). I also feel bad for her sister - always dealing with Michaela’s shit. Reminds me of the Laura Linney character in Love Actually, always being interrupted & putting aside her own life to cater to her brother and his mental issues. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

That was definitely one of the nicest retreats that I can remember. 
Zach and Michaela don’t need to be married, date or otherwise be involved with each other. 
I had assumed, like Ryan, they would be in the same room, because there might not be additional bedrooms but I can see that’s not the case. 

I would love to hear Myrla’s take on everything. The only time she contributes is when something doesn’t suit her. I do like her a lot more than I did initially and think she’s overall doing better and has a good sense of humor. 
I am tiring of Gil complaining about her attitude every chance he gets though. 

I thought Bao was very sweet to Michaela though I wouldn’t take her advice to try to get it to work. It’s unsalvagable at this point and. Funny they were down to eight like on the honeymoon. 

I wanted to hold those baby goats and bottle feed the calves. That saved the day for me after the shit show shit storm that was Hurricane K. 

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Read about this in the book, “I hate you! Don’t leave me.”read about this very behavior and thought process in the book. It’s a classic about being in relationships with borderline Personality disordered people. She is a classic.

I called BPD very early on, I think from the episode (2?) when Zack took his dog to daycare and Michaela decided to move out of the apartment for no discernible reason. So I’m doubling down on that. “Hurricane K” should be renamed “Tornado K.” Zack knew crazy when he saw it weeks ago.

Bao was channeling Mrs. Kravitz.

• Love 10

Why does Johnny wear that white sweater, (blouse, whatever it is) in every episode.  He wears it with a tank top underneath and it looks awful.  Add in his shorty shorts and cowboy boots and he looks ridiculous.  I really wonder how this guy got any dates before this.   Good for Bao for finally standing up for herself with him and not taking any of his shit.  I think she is having a great time with the other spouses.   I wonder what her friends are like in real life, I’m guessing they are Type-A scientists, and it’s fun for her to be able to let loose with these new friends.  

although I’m guessing she may have been a bit scared when Michaela came into her room after witnessing that argument.  She was probably terrified. 

Edited by Katie111
  • Love 10

Michaela is more like a tornado than a hurricane.  You can predict a hurricane because you see it coming; a tornado just descends without warning.  She is exhausting!

Bao is so bubbly and energetic. I find her adorable.  I am glad she realizes that she is too good for Johnny. That she is still so happy and upbeat given what he has thrown at her, must be killing him.  I have a feeling she is going to go on to live a happy life and he will always be miserable. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, buttersister said:

A man of color driving through Bumfuck Texas late at night sounded potentially dangerous. Zach sleeping anywhere near Michaela? You in danger, guy.

Are you serious? Driving from Brenham to Houston? You’d be on major highways the entire time. It’s not Vidor in the 1960s. Good Lord.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 12

I couldn't get behind Gil's lecturing of Myrla tonight. He doesn't have to like that she's particular, maybe even "bratty", in his estimation. He doesn't have to like that Myrla is clearly an optimizer and freely states ways in which she sees situations could be improved for everyone, or how they could be more to her liking (if Gil was really listening, perhaps he could learn something about how to please his partner!?). I can see how the continual critiques would be a buzz kill for a partner, nothing wrong with him communicating that if it's true.

But not in the way he does, which sounds like a parent lecturing a child. Regardless of Gil's need to let her know how she's coming off to him, he does not need to take that tone with his partner. It doesn't show him as a loving partner and will cause resentment. In the producer interview, I was surprised that Myrla didn't take that opportunity to say she didn't appreciate his tone...made me wonder if, despite her independent personality, she might have some ideas about deference. I did appreciate her "I receive it." neutral reply...it was the most gracious way to respond at the moment without causing a scene. I do wish she'd call him out on his lecturing her about behavior he does not appreciate and ask that he converse instead as though he was speaking to his superior at work...that might give the conversation the proper tone.

• Like 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Cancun said:

The VRBO listing for the ranch. As usual, the beds/bedroom drama was manufactured. No need for anyone to sleep on the couch when there are 8 bedrooms and 16 beds!  The pictures of the upstairs “kids area” with multiple built-in bunks would have been fine for anyone who didn’t want to share a room with their spouse.  I’m looking at you, Ryan and Johnny 👀

Also, I don’t know why Myrla said “shared bathrooms!” when they first arrived. It’s obvious each room has its own bath.

https://www.vrbo.com/1186821?arrival=2022-10-03&departure=2022-10-07&unitId=1737579

Production probably wouldn’t let them use those other beds because they wanted to have a conflict. Very nice property though

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She considers them beneath her. Complains about an activity she wanted.  Couldn’t wear a cowboy hat like the rest of them 

To be fair, the looks on Gil's face said that he thought the rest of them were immature or unreasonable, and if so he would have a point.  He and Myrla looked like they were waiting until later to dish on what they had just witnessed.  And I KNOW they are probably seeing most of them as "beneath" them at least from the POV of maturity.  Myrla doesn't realize how the constant complaining looks.  She really isn't as bad as she's making herself look.  Gil calling her out on that is a good thing.  He may actually "cure" her of that crap.

3 hours ago, TheBride said:

Zach is naive. He doesn't realize that it's ok to run like heck from her!

Zach is trying to look to the world and the experts like he's "doing the work".  I also think he might be afraid of her and rather than take the risk of provoking her into violence he's trying to make it look like he's still trying to make the relationship work when the truth is that he is two seconds from calling it quits and walking out, like he finally did.  In the end it got so bad he couldn't even fake it anymore and took his chances with leaving.  It had to be pretty BAD for him to leave at 11:00 p.m. like that!  He was BEYOND the end of his rope and willing to risk bodily harm to get away from her!

3 hours ago, TheBride said:

Michaela is a lost soul. She puts on a good show.

Both she and Zack were putting on an act about how good things were supposedly going right then, but of course both were FOS.  I can forgive Zack more because he's trying really hard not to poke the bear and going overboard in the opposite direction to placate her while he privately plans his escape.  She was trying to act blasé about him leaving but of course we all know that was BS because as soon as he did she went nuts.  Gil was right about being honest about how you feel about something.  But Michaela doesn't know how to be honest.  Instead of telling him how sad it made her that he wanted to leave, she pitches a tantrum, just the thing that will send him running.  Real mature.  What a whack job.  

3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Good.  Ryan is getting his own medicine from Brett.  How does it feel?  

Yeah and now he's bitching about it like she's the problem.  Dude, YOU put her in this position!  Now that she's just accepting your lack of interest in her you don't like it?  What is she supposed to do, carry the torch for you forever while you do nothing but reject her?  What a total asshole, him and his hang dog, clueless mopey face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Michaela isn’t in a better place.  She’s seething with rage.  Just like my ex. I guess I am triggered by this.  But her body language makes me want to run. 
She’s full of advice for others, just like my ex was. 
Thank goodness for life changing. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

A man of color driving through Bumfuck Texas late at night sounded potentially dangerous. Zach sleeping anywhere near Michaela? You in danger, guy.

Are you serious? Driving from Brenham to Houston? You’d be on major highways the entire time. It’s not Vidor in the 1960s. Good Lord.

No but being pulled over for "DWB" (driving while black) is still a thing especially in the South and Texas.  And especially that late at night.  Geesh, my husband (who is white) drives a lot at night because he is a limo. driver and even HE gets pulled over a lot in NY and CT for no good reason.  Cops think men driving late at night are potentially up to no good and sometimes even make up stuff to justify it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, Spectator said:

Why would anyone with a hurricane-prone personality ever ever ever think going on a reality tv show would be a good idea???? 

Michaela doesn’t think there is anything wrong with her behavior and even if someone tried to dissuade her because of it, she wouldn’t listen. That’s the difficulty when dealing with someone who has a personality disorder. It’s NEVER their problem.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Myrla's just more laid back than the other women.  I did notice her nodding a little when Bao was talking.  I'd say she's just disinterested.

She's also said she's an introvert.  All the together time with the group would be tiring for her (extreme introvert here).   Also, if we're to believe that she and Gil are vibing (aside from the producer driven negative nancy stuff), she may not have a lot to say when the other women are spilling their guts about how tough their marriages are.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I guess I don’t understand what the big deal was. If he got tired, he could get a hotel room for the rest of the night.

All Zack knew is that he had to get away from her in any way possible right at that moment.  I don't think he thought out his options too clearly given the imminent danger he felt he was in right then with her, not to mention the stress he was under.  He had stretched himself beyond the end of his rope.  Anywhere would be a better place to be in his mind.

• Love 19

I keep trying to see Michaela’s side from last week’s Unfiltered.  She made it seem like she was being love bombed by Zach, who is still terrible at communicating, but I don’t see it.  I think he is just done and is saying let’s get divorced and come back together so she doesn’t go off.  She went off.  He got turned off. I find both Michaela and Johnny to be unreliable narrators.

I loved Brett’s talk with Ryan.  He gives nothing.  Just let him find his packed and stacked girl and move on.

I love Myrla.  I said what I said.

Still can’t stand Johnny.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I keep trying to see Michaela’s side from last week’s Unfiltered.  She made it seem like she was being love bombed by Zach, who is still terrible at communicating, but I don’t see it.  I think he is just done and is saying let’s get divorced and come back together so she doesn’t go off.  She went off.  He got turned off. I find both Michaela and Johnny to be unreliable narrators.

I loved Brett’s talk with Ryan.  He gives nothing.  Just let him find his packed and stacked girl and move on.

Still can’t stand Johnny.

I wanted to give four 💛, one for each of your comments! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Ugh. Michaela. Ugh. I’m watching on a delay, so haven’t seen the rave out yet, but her constant fake-ass pontificating and ‘wise advice’ to the other couples — like she’s got life all figured out — is grotesque. 🤮

Myrla - I’ve said it before - PUT DOWN THE DAMN PHONE! So annoying & rude. 

I think Myrla is checking Poshmark. 😉

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

All Zack knew is that he had to get away from her in any way possible right at that moment.  I don't think he thought out his options too clearly given the imminent danger he felt he was in right then with her, not to mention the stress he was under.  He had stretched himself beyond the end of his rope.  Anywhere would be a better place to be in his mind.

I think Zack is actually a little frightened of her because she's so irratic. Not frightened in a sissy kind of way, but his good sense is telling him to distance himself and be cautious. Zach is a nice person with a good heart, I hope this show eventually brings a great gal into his life.

• Love 14

I think Gil is willing to take on Myrla's sassiness and he will probably say "yes" on decision day, but I'm not 100% sure. He's a pretty sharp guy who is measuring "the rest of my life" carefully and I'm not sure that they will last even if they choose to stay married. I truly think he wants a warmer person. Myrla is very high maintenance, possibly too high.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I do think Gil is becoming more direct and sharper tones in his comments to Myrla about her negativity.  He wasn’t using humor at all this episode.  He’s says it’s affecting his mood so maybe he’s  getting stressed out by it. 
i also wonder if Pastor Cal told him to be more direct about it. I did feel a little bad for Myrla during the conversation after the horse ride.  But she’s just so nit-picky about everything.  She could be given a new car and complain because it didn’t come with Sirius xm. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TheBride said:

I think Zack is actually a little frightened of her because she's so irratic. Not frightened in a sissy kind of way, but his good sense is telling him to distance himself and be cautious. Zach is a nice person with a good heart, I hope this show eventually brings a great gal into his life.

I would be afraid to sleep in the same room with this person. He could get stabbed in the night. Why risk it? This "relationship" is going nowhere and is hurting his self-image and respect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I do think Gil is becoming more direct and sharper tones in his comments to Myrla about her negativity.  He wasn’t using humor at all this episode.  He’s says it’s affecting his mood so maybe he’s  getting stressed out by it. 
i also wonder if Pastor Cal told him to be more direct about it. I did feel a little bad for Myrla during the conversation after the horse ride.  But she’s just so nit-picky about everything.  She could be given a new car and complain because it didn’t come with Sirius xm. 

You know what Gil was "stressed out by"? Getting on and riding that horse. He as much said so, but couched it in terms of "See how I'm conquering my fear? How uncomplaining I am?" Turning his mount into an implied and unwarranted criticism of Myrla.

IOW, Gil was concerned about looking less able than accomplished horsewoman Myrla.

IMO, that is why---smarting because he knew they rode nice and easy for him---he turned her general post-ride wish to have been more challenged into a personal attack:  "There you go again, being negative even when you're happy." 

And here Myrla didn't even tell Gil how silly he looked in that red hat pulled down to his eyes! 😄

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I love her, too. I hate phonies, ass kissers, bullshitters or people that crave attention. She is none of those things. She is my people. 

Stone face, speechless Ryan. Always so concerned of what he says on camera so he says nothing. 

Bao lectures a lot. 

Michaela is crazy but why does Zach keep coming back for more? 

Johnny. Fuck off. 

***Bao holding that shot gun that is almost as big as she is, turning around with it loaded and the gun accidentally going off. That is scary and that is dangerous. That is how innocent people get killed. Stupid fucking people. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

He has a large head and that hat was way too small for it.  He'd have looked good in a black or white actual cowboy hat.

Those Party City straw hats were doing no one any favors. Production could have stepped it up a. It in the hat department.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I guess I don’t understand what the big deal was. If he got tired, he could get a hotel room for the rest of the night.

Seriously. It’s an hour and a half drive. People are acting like he had to drive all night long through BFE. It’s an easy drive, I’d have done the same in his situation. Sometimes it’s best just to remove yourself from the crazy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I would love to hear Myrla’s take on everything. The only time she contributes is when something doesn’t suit her. I do like her a lot more than I did initially and think she’s overall doing better and has a good sense of humor. 
I am tiring of Gil complaining about her attitude every chance he gets though. 

I never thought I'd get to the point where I could take Myrla's diva behavior, but she's grown on me.  Not that I "like" her, but I do like that she's no drama queen.

I'm tired of Gil, too, and his ass looked fat when he was sitting on that horse.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

***Bao holding that shot gun that is almost as big as she is, turning around with it loaded and the gun accidentally going off. That is scary and that is dangerous. That is how innocent people get killed. Stupid fucking people. 

Yeah, that was scary.  I thought it was wise of Brett and Johnny to sit it out together while Ryan and Bao shot those guns.

Oh well, at least Michaela wasn't there.  I don't even want to imagine her with a gun.  😱

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Bao is telling it like it is! Don't back down, Bao! You have been disrespected by Johnny! 

Let Ryan know he's on your s**tlist, Brett. You got along without him before you met him... 🎶

That's right Brett, not having a relationship for two years is getting along without him (and nobody else)

The VRBO listing for the ranch. 

That place was gorgeous. 

And awwww.... the cookies and sparklers for Baxter - that was really nice of the group or production or whoever arranged it. It's so hard to lose a dog. 

And Hype at the ranch! I love Hype.

• Love 11