Type keyword(s) to search

Caleb and Alina

• Start Topic

On 1/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

If it’s in The Daily Mail, it’s official:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10445101/90-Day-Fiance-star-Alina-Kozhevnikova-axed-TLC-unearthed-racist-social-media-post.html

Welp, both Alina and Caleb probably thought this show was going to catapult them into the stardom they deluded themselves into believing they deserved, but Alina will be canceled from everything in her life forever and Caleb will become a footnote in the anals annals 90 Day Fiancé history.  They should contact Geoffrey, Pole, and Larissa for guidance.

I think thirsty-ass Elijah’s hopes and dreams of fame have also been dashed. Too bad so sad.

Did anyone predict Alina being fired by the network even before her couple’s thread got a title?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I think thirsty-ass Elijah’s hopes and dreams of fame have also been dashed. Too bad so sad.

Did anyone predict Alina being fired by the network even before her couple’s thread got a title?

Guess rascists come in all shapes and sizes although I naively assumed she would be a person with compassion and empathy given her plight in life. Lesson learned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Never.   She really let a lot of people down!!

• Love 4

I think Caleb will ultimately distance himself fe Alina because he is a prime candidate for The Single Life and I am sure TLC would want him for it. My guess is a Caleb supported her at first until he saw which way the wind was blowing. 

I don’t understand why, if you know you are going to be on TV, you don’t scrub anything that could possible be considered racist or controversial.  I don’t think Alina ever thought about scrubbing anything and, if it ever came up, she would get a pass for her disability. She is probably used to getting a pass because of her disability because people don’t want to offend her or appear to be attacking her. 

• Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 1/28/2022 at 6:33 AM, seacliffsal said:

It has been posted here that Caleb was defending Alina.  I can see that as an initial reaction, but I think he needs to carefully consider how he wants to be perceived.  If he continues to defend then it is implied that he supports her statements/beliefs/actions.  If he thought this relationship was going to be his ticket to being a social media star he may end up with a notoriety that he did not expect nor anticipate.  So, if he does not hold these same views I think he needs to start distancing himself and maybe admit that he didn't really know her that well but saw an opportunity to get on t.v.... Either way, cracks may start appearing in his carefully curated persona.

100% agree. He needs to renounce his friendship/relationship with her or risk the guilt-by-association thing. “Carefully curated persona” is spot on. That persona will start melting like cotton candy in the rain. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 1/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, MakingBacon said:

I think Caleb will ultimately distance himself fe Alina because he is a prime candidate for The Single Life and I am sure TLC would want him for it. My guess is a Caleb supported her at first until he saw which way the wind was blowing. 

I don’t understand why, if you know you are going to be on TV, you don’t scrub anything that could possible be considered racist or controversial.  I don’t think Alina ever thought about scrubbing anything and, if it ever came up, she would get a pass for her disability. She is probably used to getting a pass because of her disability because people don’t want to offend her or appear to be attacking her. 

It seems like many people don’t scrub because they don’t think they said anything wrong.  The last few years people have been much more openly racist.

• Love 4

Sooooooooooooooooo Discovery + ran a diff episode of Caleb and Alina Sunday am (2/6). The scenes showed were the turkish bath and one in the hotel w/Elijah leaving in the bumblebee plaid suit. I entirely enjoyed seeing him say "don't be a dick Caleb" again though I am not going to lie. The speculation is that they re shuffled the real TLC ep we saw last night to break them up toute de suite- SOON due to the racist social media posts and in the best interest of everyone to wind them up asap. Someone  at Disc + uploaded the original what we were supposed to see this week- as the early watch Discovery + episode.  

This is why the TLC ep last night was different and those two are done. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 8
On 2/1/2022 at 8:41 PM, magemaud said:

ahhh, now I get it. Plus, this article is geared to teens so that might explain Elijah's popularity. 

I could see why teens might like Elijah: He's a good friend to a disabled person (including being her wingman), and constantly pokes holes in conceited douche Caleb. He checks a lot of boxes for that age group.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Honestly, if Alina is as openly racist in person as she is on social media, I am going to assume Elijah thinks they same way as he knows exactly what Alina believes. Most people don’t live with, and have a best friend that is so racist, and not have the exact same views.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Some food for thought. 

I met my cousin’s neighbor and her father a couple of times before he died - they were invited for Christmas dinner. Her father never spoke to me, and she didn’t much either. You see someone once a year and just Merry Christmas and how are you doing. FF to the father dying. I didn’t go to his funeral. I got less than 24 hours notice and I was scheduled to have overtime that day and could not cancel the work at that short notice. I think I went and bought her some flowers the next day or next week. I had worked a lot of extra hours the past month and was exhausted. So my cousin thought that her neighbor and I would become friends. Not so fast. I noticed a pattern of racism. She barely spoke to me and I felt we had nothing in common. A couple of years after, I did a good deed that did not go unpunished and spoke to my cousin about her neighbor and her poor behavior.  She had been stuck in terms of grief and you would think that her father died last week. This was a 45 year old woman. My cousin spoke about her, about her having no real friends except my cousin and her family, that she had been isolated for years, and that a lot of her opinions and views were her dead father’s. They tried to help her move forward but she wouldn’t. Clothes still in the closets and drawers and everything about her father. I also mentioned the racist comments - she hadn’t worked, had no friends, didn’t do anything and so almost everything that came out of her mouth stemmed from being isolated most of her life, and choosing to do nothing. Is this Alina? Probably not. This girl chose no exposure to life - she checked out of life to be her father’s maid. It was an eye opener for me as her being a product of her environment. Years of her father’s views and opinions that became hers because that was her life experience. I haven’t seen her since COVID started and have no idea what she is like now.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

This girl chose no exposure to life - she checked out of life to be her father’s maid. It was an eye opener for me as her being a product of her environment. Years of her father’s views and opinions that became hers because that was her life experience. I haven’t seen her since COVID started and have no idea what she is like now.

I have an old friend who's like that. She and her boyfriend broke up literally 30 years ago, she moved back home and is now taking care of her parents until they die. She constantly whines about this guy dumping her and uses that as an excuse why she never did anything with her life. She's spent her life obsessed with a guy who probably barely remembers her.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, invisiblegirl12 said:

She's a terrible person, but I can't help but wonder about Alina and Elijah, and if they are able to leave Russia amid the chaos. 

Why would they need to leave Russia? You do realize who is attacking who I presume.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Why would they need to leave Russia? You do realize who is attacking who I presume.

I do understand. I also see that Russia's economy is steadily being isolated, and the ability to communicate and receive information is being restricted more and more daily. Life in Russia is on the verge of becoming very very difficult, and I can't help but wonder about the citizens there, including the few that I know from television. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 3/3/2022 at 6:59 AM, invisiblegirl12 said:
On 3/3/2022 at 6:52 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I do understand. I also see that Russia's economy is steadily being isolated, and the ability to communicate and receive information is being restricted more and more daily. Life in Russia is on the verge of becoming very very difficult, and I can't help but wonder about the citizens there, including the few that I know from television. 

Given Alina's racist rants, I would guess she's only interested in herself and what she can get from others. If she wants out of Russia because life is too restrictive, I cannot feel bad for her. Karma is a fucking bitch and she always catches up to you. She could do with being offline for a good long while.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

That's where the Nazis went after WWII. I guess the racists must be going there now, too.

I was going to say something along those lines but refrained as I'm already on 2 warnings. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 6/3/2022 at 7:58 AM, invisiblegirl12 said:

According to her Instagram, Alina has moved to Buenos Aries, Argentina.

Maybe after speaking out about Russia?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I do feel really empathetic for her after this video. She and Elijah started discussing leaving Russia right after the war on Ukraine began. It was a harrowing experience, starting with her and Elijah not even being certain they'd be able to escape. Then, the major obstacle of their bank cards not working at all outside Russia and other current restrictions that have been placed on Russian travelers, such as not being able to book an Airbnb. Caleb came to their rescue and lent them his credit card and booked lodging under his name. At the end she goes into a lot of detail about what's happening in Russia, how she couldn't say anything at all on social media or risk arrest, and how devastating the war on Ukraine is. It had been very frustrating not being able to freely respond to all those who were asking her on social media for her opinion, and how it would no doubt be misinterpreted as apathy. She feels so much relief that she can now candidly discuss everything.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2