Type keyword(s) to search

Caleb and Alina

• Start Topic

Caleb, 28 (Chandler, AZ) and Alina, 27 (Saint Petersburg, Russia).  Caleb and Alina connected and developed a friendship on social media as teens, but they lost touch for 13 years until they serendipitously matched on a dating app when Caleb was planning a trip to Alina's homeland country Russia.  Those plans fell through, but their newly rekindled virtual friendship blossomed into something much deeper.  Now, they are finally ready to meet for the first time to see if their emotional connection is deep enough to overcome their physical differences. Alina is a little person, and her condition prevents her from walking and standing for long periods of time, so she frequently relies on a wheelchair, making Caleb, a free-spirit, wonder if he'll be able to adjust to her needs. Further, Caleb also has to win over Alina's roommate and protective best friend Elijah, who joins them on their introductory rendezvous in Turkey. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

What show is this couple appearing on? Do we have a new Before the 90 coming up? ::hopeful eyes::

Yes indeed!

I believe it premieres on December 12, after the tell all finishes airing.  

***wringing my hands in anticipation of the fresh blood***

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I don't know what to make of these two.  Overall, I think their story is completely made for TV and they probably have a perfectly comfortable room and just used this one for filming.  I have a hard time believing that after 13 years, he would know so little of her condition, even if she only sent waist-up photos.

For the sake of argument, I didn't find the backpack Caleb brought very offensive, misguided and ignorant sure, but I don't think it came from a cruel place.   I also thought Alina should have taken some responsibility to make sure she had the things she needed for her stay.  I also thought it was somewhat inconsiderate to leave Elijah behind so she could meet up with Caleb alone. He was in a situation that he was ill prepared to deal with and was then expected to deal with his luggage, push her around and manage making sure she was cared for.  I do think he was rude and dismissive of her in the car and at the hotel though.  As for Elijah, I feel he is going to be a shit stirrer.  

• Love 10

As much of a tool that I think Caleb is, I'm going to give him a pass on his Day 1 behavior. I always think it's a terrible idea for the person in the destination country to be waiting at the airport. I would not want anyone waiting for me. I'd want to get to my hotel and take a shower/nap and be refreshed before seeing someone I'd like to have a half chance at impressing. And then having to navigate her in the wheelchair and all that came with that, along with his luggage, was a bit much. I also didn't mind that he didn't kiss her right off. Unlike the rest of the couples, he didn't give off a "we're in love/can't wait to bang" vibe in his intro scenes. In fact, he pretty much just talked about himself. I get the feeling that, with him at least, they're simply checking each other out to see if there is a love connection (or, more likely, a reality TV career). I think it would be worse if he came right in and took advantage of her if he's not 100% convinced about it. And finally, I know that some people on PT thought he was an asshole for not making sure there was an elevator in the hotel, but who would have even thought that there wouldn't be? Especially if you're from the states. Should he have asked? I guess, but I doubt I would have thought of it either. She probably should have checked it out herself, since she knows what she needs and is a grown adult.

• Love 8
On 12/27/2021 at 1:33 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Caleb: Woke hero who is doing his best to anticipate Alina’s needs, or just a total douchebag? 

I'll take Douchebag for $500 Alex.

A few random thoughts:

Alina should have checked to see if the hotel had a lift and rooms for people with disabilities.

The way Caleb says 'I'm gonna toss you in the taxi OR the way he throws her onto the bed, like he thinks he's being hot and sexy but it seems so fucking disrespectful to a little person to.do that. My verdict is in: Caleb I'd a massive douchebag and famewhore wannabe who's getting his 15 minutes for his manbun.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

When do we get to name the thread?  In one of the episode chats, I can't claim it but someone suggested "The Long And The Short Of It".

So far I'm on Team Caleb.  He does seem a little douchey and unprepared for the realities of a relationship with a little person.  But Alina should have been the one to make sure those conversations happened, and give him Little Person Life 101 for things like checking for hotel accessibility.  And, how the sexytime happens.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, QueBueno said:

When do we get to name the thread?  In one of the episode chats, I can't claim it but someone suggested "The Long And The Short Of It".

Unfortunately i do not have the power to do this.

The mod dedicated to this thread should be able to do this.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:22 PM, Toodleoo said:

Geez. Well now I don’t care if Caleb tosses her through a window and loses his balance and falls out behind her.

Is defenestration is a real threat for little people?

Kah-lub has a way out of this relationship she brow beat him in to, he can tell her he needs to distance himself from her due to her tone deaf posts.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I am now totally anti-Alina. She is vile. Even without the racist social media crap, she’s immature and mean-spirited. 

Right.  What in the hell is wrong with her going on national tv to be this person she is.  So exploited.. but it is her call.  SMH

• Love 7
On 1/19/2022 at 3:59 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the producers need to stop filming anything with Alina.     She doesn't need to be on TV.     She's revolting, and she needs to take the publicity she's already had from being on the show, and go away.  

I agree with you, but filming happened months ago. What we're seeing happened in the summer of 2021.

According to this site, TLC is scrambling to edit upcoming episodes and not include her: https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/01/24/exclusive-90-day-fiance-before-the-90-days-star-alina-kozhevnikova-to-be-fired-from-show-editors-scrambling-to-edit-her-out-of-season-5/

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, invisiblegirl12 said:

I agree with you, but filming happened months ago. What we're seeing happened in the summer of 2021.

According to this site, TLC is scrambling to edit upcoming episodes and not include her: https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/01/24/exclusive-90-day-fiance-before-the-90-days-star-alina-kozhevnikova-to-be-fired-from-show-editors-scrambling-to-edit-her-out-of-season-5/

Good!  Any time she's on the screen, I mute it.   However, if there's a tell all (OK, tell nothing) she shouldn't be included either.  A lot of her racists posting, and actions were when she was in the U.S. on some kind of exchange program.  

I looked at the article, and it's much worse than previous information showed. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Why cant TLC vet the cast better? How hard is check social media. There are so many sleuths on websites that find these posts, TLC could hire one of them, or they would probably do it for free for some promtions of their site/blog. 

One thing that does also surface  with Alina posts (besides the racism) is how TLC creates a storyline and leaves so much out. I did not hear TLC saud Alina went to high school in Indiana? or college in the US? They have this story of this long disatnce 13 year friendship turned romance and COVID time off gave them a chance to meet in a new country. She is needs the help of a friend and her parents worry about her being alone? Hard to believe if they sent their 15 year old to a city in Indiana to attend high school alone they would worry so much about her to have to have to travel with a friend when she is in her late 20's. 

Please TLC being on real couples, and tell the real story. There are good stories that do not have to have some one demensional spin.  Just a starting point for TLC, look for couples that met, via overseas jobs, education, or church work. These seem to be the 3 ways real couples meet. Not to say online romances do not work, but if the show is going to be almost 100% couples meeting online, at least vet them properly. 

• Love 13

I suspect when Alina traveled to the United States she was probably in some foreign exchange travel program (I mean - she went to Indiana - no shade on Indiana but if that where you would CHOOSE to come if you were traveling to the U.S. from another country (we had several foreign exchange students in my small Texas town while my daughter was in high school and I'm sure that Crandall, Texas was not what they envisioned about coming to America) who had appropriate protocols for dealing with a special needs student, proper chaperoning and vetting the person with whom she stayed.

• Love 3

There are so many sleuths on websites that find these posts, TLC could hire one of them, or they would probably do it for free for some promtions of their site/blog. 

This is a perfect intern assignment.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Why cant TLC vet the cast better? How hard is check social media. There are so many sleuths on websites that find these posts, TLC could hire one of them, or they would probably do it for free for some promtions of their site/blog. 

One thing that does also surface  with Alina posts (besides the racism) is how TLC creates a storyline and leaves so much out. I did not hear TLC saud Alina went to high school in Indiana? or college in the US? They have this story of this long disatnce 13 year friendship turned romance and COVID time off gave them a chance to meet in a new country. She is needs the help of a friend and her parents worry about her being alone? Hard to believe if they sent their 15 year old to a city in Indiana to attend high school alone they would worry so much about her to have to have to travel with a friend when she is in her late 20's. 

Please TLC being on real couples, and tell the real story. There are good stories that do not have to have some one demensional spin.  Just a starting point for TLC, look for couples that met, via overseas jobs, education, or church work. These seem to be the 3 ways real couples meet. Not to say online romances do not work, but if the show is going to be almost 100% couples meeting online, at least vet them properly. 

I don't mind a train wreck every so often but I like actual REAL couples too. I guess the train wrecks get ratings. In this case, her being a small person was the story for the ratings. 

• Love 5

If it’s in The Daily Mail, it’s official:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10445101/90-Day-Fiance-star-Alina-Kozhevnikova-axed-TLC-unearthed-racist-social-media-post.html

Welp, both Alina and Caleb probably thought this show was going to catapult them into the stardom they deluded themselves into believing they deserved, but Alina will be canceled from everything in her life forever and Caleb will become a footnote in the anals annals 90 Day Fiancé history.  They should contact Geoffrey, Pole, and Larissa for guidance.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If it’s in The Daily Mail, it’s official:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10445101/90-Day-Fiance-star-Alina-Kozhevnikova-axed-TLC-unearthed-racist-social-media-post.html

Welp, both Alina and Caleb probably thought this show was going to catapult them into the stardom they deluded themselves into believing they deserved, but Alina will be canceled from everything in her life forever and Caleb will become a footnote in the anals annals 90 Day Fiancé history.  They should contact Geoffrey, Pole, and Larissa for guidance.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! I'm sure she'll be welcomed back to Russia with open arms where her views are probably not only tolerated but encouraged. Throw in some casual homophobia and she'll fit right it with a vast majority of the population her age. Maybe Caleb can join her there and we'll never have to hear from them again.

• Love 4

And not to throw shade on Indiana and not to excuse her behavior, but depending where she was in the state, she could have heard that language used quite a bit casually by her classmates and just picked it up as slang. 

Anyway, glad she is gone. Her and her thirsty friend Elijah

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

And not to throw shade on Indiana and not to excuse her behavior, but depending where she was in the state, she could have heard that language used quite a bit casually by her classmates and just picked it up as slang. 

Anyway, glad she is gone. Her and her thirsty friend Elijah

Last year, I was in upper Wisconsin at a very nice lodge for vacation. We were having dinner one night at that lodge when 2 women and three men, probably in their late 60s/early 70s were seating next to us. The things they were saying! I think the only group they didn't talk about were the disabled. They used terms I don't even like to think, let alone say! 

21 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Last year, I was in upper Wisconsin at a very nice lodge for vacation. We were having dinner one night at that lodge when 2 women and three men, probably in their late 60s/early 70s were seating next to us. The things they were saying! I think the only group they didn't talk about were the disabled. They used terms I don't even like to think, let alone say! 

I am a MN native and not shocked at all.  In all fairness, I have been in the Iron Range multiple times and have heard what I assume to the the same.  I hope you asked to move.  I am sorry your dinner went that direction.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am a MN native and not shocked at all.  In all fairness, I have been in the Iron Range multiple times and heave heard what I assume to the the same.  I hope you asked to move.  I am sorry your dinner went that direction.

We didn't move, just finished eating. I threw them a dirty look. My husband just laughed at them because they sounded so moronic. He said he didn't think people still talked that way. We did see a couple seated nearby move. The one guy was trying to calm down the two women who had one too many cocktails. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1

It has been posted here that Caleb was defending Alina.  I can see that as an initial reaction, but I think he needs to carefully consider how he wants to be perceived.  If he continues to defend then it is implied that he supports her statements/beliefs/actions.  If he thought this relationship was going to be his ticket to being a social media star he may end up with a notoriety that he did not expect nor anticipate.  So, if he does not hold these same views I think he needs to start distancing himself and maybe admit that he didn't really know her that well but saw an opportunity to get on t.v.... Either way, cracks may start appearing in his carefully curated persona.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

We didn't move, just finished eating. I threw them a dirty look. My husband just laughed at them because they sounded so moronic. He said he didn't think people still talked that way. We did see a couple seated nearby move. The one guy was trying to calm down the two women who had one too many cocktails. 

We were in Florida (I know.....) in December of 2020 and at a nicer place, waiting at the bar for a table.  There was a group of older folks who were CONVINCED that on January 21, 2022 every US citizen would be forced to convert to Islam.  I was like, are they kidding?  Hubs shook his head and said  nope.

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

We were in Florida (I know.....) in December of 2020 and at a nicer place, waiting at the bar for a table.  There was a group of older folks who were CONVINCED that on January 21, 2022 every US citizen would be forced to convert to Islam.  I was like, are they kidding?  Hubs shook his head and said  nope.

I wonder how they feel now? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder how they feel now? 

Probably the same as the cults that keep announcing the end of the world on a specific date, and it doesn't happen.   Those groups usually recalculate, and come up with another date.  

Is it mean that when Caleb and his racist buddy come on the screen, I keep thinking that "Hey Hey Goodbye Song" and "Bye, Felicia"? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Probably the same as the cults that keep announcing the end of the world on a specific date, and it doesn't happen.   Those groups usually recalculate, and come up with another date.  

Yep, coming here to write this.  100% agree!

• LOL 2