Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Crystal Clear

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, swimmom said:

I agree 100%. What about if the dog he substituted had vicious tendencies? I have always thought that was terrible and I have disliked Gary ever since.

I blame the writers of this show for things like this.  I think they must be immature, short sighted and not very bright. They have the characters do things like that without consideration of the consequences.  I do NOT believe they want the viewers to dislike Gary. I think their inability to think things through is limited and their writing results in unintended outcomes. It’s unfortunate.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I blame the writers of this show for things like this.  I think they must be immature, short sighted and not very bright. They have the characters do things like that without consideration of the consequences.  I do NOT believe they want the viewers to dislike Gary. I think their inability to think things through is limited and their writing results in unintended outcomes. It’s unfortunate.  

I think you've identified the problem.  Because they fail to think of consequences, they've written Gary into a corner.  They've had him do too many unredeemable things.

• Love 4
On 10/30/2021 at 10:17 AM, ams1001 said:

I personally know at least two who married and had kids, then divorced and are now in much better marriages with other women. But this show is terrible and it feels more like a check box on their social issues to-do list.

Yeah, someone realizing that they're into women late in life is a TOTALLY normal thing, but it happens naturally and not the way network TV shows it, where a gay/bi woman kisses a seemingly straight woman out of nowhere with no hint that she was into it and then it, like, cracks her inner bisexuality out of her. It's just such a terribly hacky approach. Like they're a princess in a fairy tale and their princess broke their magic spell with a kiss.

• Love 7
On 10/28/2021 at 4:31 PM, Chanandler Bong said:

Also, the other cook went from “It’s not that simple. I’m an ex-con and have to be careful” to “Yeah, let’s go!” in the drop of a hat.

Meant to post this in last week's forum, but also, the ex-con cook taking the blame for Gina putting cinnamon in the chili? No way when she's worried about keeping this first job out of the pokey.

• Love 4

A friend and I, by ourselves, cooked dinner for a Rotary Club once a week, 40-50 people, so two people can handle this. BUT. Where will Regina be cooking? That's why movie productions use local caterers -- they need local kitchens. I bet we never see Regina in a kitchen.

And yeah, the other cook needs to check with her probation officer before leaving the state.

As others have stated, I think this show is written by 20-somethings that have little real-world experience. Because most experienced people (including of Regina's age) would acknowledge that Regina's boss was right -- she has to make the recipes and set the plates the way the restaurant wants. It's a chain restaurant. No going rogue.

I'm glad Sophie called out Gary, but the emphasis still seems to be that he did something wrong because he did it for himself, rather than that beating the crap out of someone is wrong. Will anyone say "Gary, you need to turn yourself in?" Maybe Katherine's mad lawyer skills will get him community service (though I'd prefer anger management).

So Eddie gave up the impossibly-handicap friendly apartment to go back to Gary's with the stairs (though Maggie came in from some hallway tonight, adjacent to the stairs we usually see people enter from). Eddie squared that with his landlord/lady, right? And how is this woman going to pay for the apartment after six months?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, smartymarty said:

A friend and I, by ourselves, cooked dinner for a Rotary Club once a week, 40-50 people, so two people can handle this. BUT. Where will Regina be cooking? That's why movie productions use local caterers -- they need local kitchens. I bet we never see Regina in a kitchen.

And yeah, the other cook needs to check with her probation officer before leaving the state.

As others have stated, I think this show is written by 20-somethings that have little real-world experience. Because most experienced people (including of Regina's age) would acknowledge that Regina's boss was right -- she has to make the recipes and set the plates the way the restaurant wants. It's a chain restaurant. No going rogue.

I'm glad Sophie called out Gary, but the emphasis still seems to be that he did something wrong because he did it for himself, rather than that beating the crap out of someone is wrong. Will anyone say "Gary, you need to turn yourself in?" Maybe Katherine's mad lawyer skills will get him community service (though I'd prefer anger management).

So Eddie gave up the impossibly-handicap friendly apartment to go back to Gary's with the stairs (though Maggie came in from some hallway tonight, adjacent to the stairs we usually see people enter from). Eddie squared that with his landlord/lady, right? And how is this woman going to pay for the apartment after six months?

I could see Regina being grabbed by a local caterer for her mad chef skills to join a team, but not this being the traveling caterer.  Do we know if the ex-con is on probation?  She says she's paid her debt to society so maybe she is free to leave the county or state at a moments notice, otherwise, yeah, she's in violation of probation or parole.  I can only think that Regina is getting a taste of her own medicine aka karma in having her "partner" quit on the stop like the two of them did at Crocodilze.  :D  (The owner/manager didn't deserve that.)

Gary definitely needs anger management therapy.  Again, his Corolla joyride with rando stranger was just bizarre.

Eddie has enough on his plate.  Why exactly is he babysitting newly-dumped Gary?

• Love 2
On 11/1/2021 at 1:16 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, someone realizing that they're into women late in life is a TOTALLY normal thing, but it happens naturally and not the way network TV shows it, where a gay/bi woman kisses a seemingly straight woman out of nowhere with no hint that she was into it and then it, like, cracks her inner bisexuality out of her. It's just such a terribly hacky approach. Like they're a princess in a fairy tale and their princess broke their magic spell with a kiss.

The Fairy Tale of Sleeping Lesbian

On 11/5/2021 at 6:00 AM, smartymarty said:

To be fair, Gary didn't beat the crap out of Peter, but he left so the dad could do it.  He's an accomplice even though he didn't hit Peter.

On 11/5/2021 at 6:00 AM, smartymarty said:

Well, we're never going to see her again, so she and her problems don't matter anymore.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JH Lipton said:

To be fair, Gary didn't beat the crap out of Peter, but he left so the dad could do it.  He's an accomplice even though he didn't hit Peter.

Since he's the one who brought the Dad along to whatever it was he planned to do to Peter, I'd say he was more the instigator rather than an accomplice. Not sure if that would be a legal sticking point or not. But for me the fact that he didn't beat Peter is irrelevant.

I actually liked Gary for a good part of the series. Now, not so much.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Since he's the one who brought the Dad along to whatever it was he planned to do to Peter, I'd say he was more the instigator rather than an accomplice. Not sure if that would be a legal sticking point or not. But for me the fact that he didn't beat Peter is irrelevant.

Yeah, Gary went to his house and asked him what he was going to do about it, goading him into action that he might not have done without being prodded.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I agree with this.  I think he is equally guilty.  It simply would not have happened without his actions.  I hate that the show seems to be downplaying the seriousness of his criminal act.  No matter how much Peter deserves to pay for his abuse of Sophie, to leave it for vigilante justice is just wrong.

• Love 6