Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E05 They Do Anything For Clout

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

As Brianna deals with a painful reminder of Jeff's infidelity, the group hopes a performance at the American Music Awards will solidify their comeback. Lauren struggles to identify with her alter ego, Lil Muffin.

Original Air Date: November 16, 2021

So Jill has gone off the rails and I suspected earlier that they were either going to sideline her divorce from the husband or have him flip out and they've gone with him flipping out.  He can join Jill in the padded room and maybe they can work things out.

Brianna and the one night stand, did not see that coming.  Alexis has taken off to who knows where.  Will she keep the baby, get rid of it, give birth and give it up for adoption or to Brianna?

Naomi's family seems to be getting along for the time being but that'll surely blow-up because that's just how these shows work.

Valeria's mom has popped back up into her life.  Why now and yes, is it possibly about the money?

Lauren is having issues which is to be expected but the unicorn horn?  How dumb was that?  Just how do you balance trying to keep your name and product out there while balancing your hanger's on and sobriety?

Hoping we see the Queens performance next epi.

• Love 1

Lauren/Lil Muffin's entourage is highly toxic. They clearly don't care about her, her sobriety or the work she's done to get there. All they seem to care about is sponging off her and doing drugs, either with her or using her money.

They are truly awful people.

She feels bad about herself and her reduced visibility, after a prolonged stay in rehab and they're just feeding on that so that they can get more $$$ from her. They don't care about her--not even a little bit.

• Love 2

I feel that this show is running through plotlines way too fast.  We're only on episode 5 and so far we've had (big breath): a cheating husband who turns out to be a sick husband who dies whose mistress is pregnant and now missing, a closeted lesbian who used to be a drug addict who's had two on-screen affairs and has let fame get to her head and is now being threatened by the husband she's trying to divorce, an absentee mother who's trying to make herself over as an indie singer while the child she neglected for years applies to college and reconnects with her newely discovered father, and a disgraced tv show host who used to date a producer who cheated on her with her fellow bandmate and has recently been reunited with the mother who abandoned her.  Oh yeah, and a girl group from the 90s is trying to stage a comback while a Nicki Minaj ripoff OD's then goes to rehab and drills a hole in her head. 

I know that soap operas are known for their crazy plotlines but usually each character gets one a season, not a different one each episode.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

That cutout outfit that Nature Naughton had on in the scene where her husband showed up made her look huge. She's not, but that outfit was really unflattering.

It was nice to see Brianna get some genuine attention. She should go to Paris! Whoever watches her five kids when she's performing and at AMA parties and whatnot can watch them while she is in Paris.

• Love 2

Get you some, Brianna! I love that she had a good time and it was Naomi who encouraged her to do it.

Valeria is just so fun. Getting ass injections that left her almost immobile, totally excited she might have a crazy stalker, having a whole routine to flirt with men across the room, having a wig for every occasion. She is a delight. Never change, Butter Pecan.

Naomi is going to flip when she finds out what Eric has been doing with JoJo. He really isn't father material (although, to be fair, Naomi probably isn't great mother material, either).

Jill can take a seat. Calm down, girl, this ain't all about you. I did find it hilariously ironic that her crazy ex husband acting like a nut is what brought the ladies back together again. 

Poor Muffin. Everyone around her either uses her or forgets about her. I hope her forehead heals and she's not left with a gaping scar.

• Love 4

I can see that Eve was showing in this episode. Wishing her all the best with her pregnancy and her baby due soon. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, emma675 said:

Naomi is going to flip when she finds out what Eric has been doing with JoJo. He really isn't father material (although, to be fair, Naomi probably isn't great mother material, either).

I do wonder what Jojo’s grandmother things of all this. It would be nice to see them have a convo about it. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, emma675 said:

Valeria is just so fun. Getting ass injections that left her almost immobile, totally excited she might have a crazy stalker, having a whole routine to flirt with men across the room, having a wig for every occasion. She is a delight. Never change, Butter Pecan.

I like Valeria too. She was cracking me up. 

• Love 1
On 11/18/2021 at 7:45 PM, Empress1 said:

That cutout outfit that Nature Naughton had on in the scene where her husband showed up made her look huge. She's not, but that outfit was really unflattering.

Yes. Nautri is short and very curvy- they need to add length to her outfits. She can look boxy really quickly. 

• Love 2