Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Maine Reason For Tension

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder - no spoilers.  Only post about what is shown in the episode and known up until the time that it was filmed. No recent social media.  

• Start Topic

On 10/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, KatieBear said:

Winner this episode: Buddy. The man managed to escape. Finally, he can live his life with his lady and not have to worry about being a caregiver, because he sure as hell is more than even with Whitney financially supporting him through his addiction after his emotional support contribution last season. He should be guilt-free. Fly Buddy. Spread those wings and fly. TLC money ain't worth it.

I noticed that too.  Yeah, he was sick which is why he did not go.   His coughing was pure gold- I bet she put on a mask after the first cough!  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/20/2021 at 5:34 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Am I alone in thinking they are dubbing The Frenchman's voice?

Nope, I think so too.  I know English may not be his first/ native language,  but the accent, the cadence - something's so "off" about it, I do belive it's been dubbed.

• Love 3
On 10/20/2021 at 1:56 PM, Hana Chan said:

Yeah, I'm on #teamHunter all the way on this. And someone needs to tell Heather to stick a sock in it - Whitney doesn't need to be protected. She needs to fucking grow up!

YES!  Her acolytes need to get a life of their own, and please, free Todd!  
I was wanting his snark.
Dump Whit let Todd have a show.
And please anyone, I still don't know how she came to be taking French lessons from someone who was also supposed to mate with her.   Speak and Screw?
Seriously, what type of a place did she sign up for this?

• LOL 8
On 10/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, mamadrama said:

I was so annoyed with her within the first few minutes that when she was loading up the car and said, "There's only one weight lifter in the family and that's me" I was hoping she'd pull a hernia. 

Whiney seemed to be taking a nasty jab at Hunter.

• Love 4

I’m really starting to wonder about Ashley… in several scenes with her and Whitney there’s less and less difference in their size.. yes Ashley is smaller but not that much… Ashley wasn’t on the puffin cruise, I wonder why?

Im starting to wonder if Ashley likes being around Whitney because it takes the focus off of her own weight issues, during the hike Ashley looks like the fit one compared to Whitney…

Ashley blends in to the scenery, she’s just another barnacle while Whitney and her weight and mobility issues are always the center of attention.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m really starting to wonder about Ashley… in several scenes with her and Whitney there’s less and less difference in their size.. yes Ashley is smaller but not that much… Ashley wasn’t on the puffin cruise, I wonder why?

Im starting to wonder if Ashley likes being around Whitney because it takes the focus off of her own weight issues, during the hike Ashley looks like the fit one compared to Whitney…

Ashley blends in to the scenery, she’s just another barnacle while Whitney and her weight and mobility issues are always the center of attention.

I wouldn't doubt it if Ashley feels better when Twit is around, I believe Ashley has a relationship with a real person, Ashley has a child she gave birth to herself, Ashley has an actual job (or did have until Twit f**cked her over), Ashley is smaller and isn't a puddle of tears or raging anger every 5 minutes just to name a few.... she has a lot to feel good about when she's in the presence of Twit 👍

A lot of people watch reality TV because it makes them feel better about their own lives, they see some obese person, or jailbird, or religious fanatic or 90 day fiance mess etc. etc... and say... "Damn!.. I've got my shit together compared to that person!" 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Random thoughts:

Thinking back over the last several episodes, I can't recall one scene where Whitney is shown getting up from the floor/ground on her own. The camera usually cuts away.

Babs has not seemed well since she had the stroke. She has fallen more than once. Older people (👋) should report to their doctor when/if they start to have falls. Their doctor, not chiropractor.  I wonder if she even has a doctor. It usually signals a decline in health.

Recall the scene where Whitney coached her friends on their behavior upon meeting The French Man.... no saying negative things about her, only talk about how wonderful she is, ect. They all nodded in agreement and promised her they would.

Her age and weight are problematic.  She is sitting way more than she used to. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

I was wanting his snark.
And please anyone, I still don't know how she came to be taking French lessons from someone who was also supposed to mate with her.   Speak and Screw?

I wondering it was International dating app instead of foreign language.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

I wondering it was International dating app instead of foreign language.

I think it was the bar where all the writers were dreaming this up,creating BLUR ,then playing darts to see who plays him.The rest is whitistory.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Ashley has an actual job (or did have until Twit f**cked her over),

Ashley still has a job. The gig with Whitney was always a side hustle. 

I wonder if she even has a doctor.

I am guessing she does. I think she takes medications and she needs a doctor to prescribe them. Most docs won't continue to prescribe if you don't come in for regular visits. Plus, although I don't always agree with all their decisions, Babs and Glenn seem sensible enough to have a doctor and get their regular physicals, etc.

• Love 7

Hopefully Heather is sleeping with one eye opened this trip, would not put it past Twit to be packing a turkey baster and some aigs in a Coleman cooler ready to implant her spawns, forgetting that they have to be fertilized first, oh wait, Le Blur probably sent some in that care package 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Older people (👋) should report to their doctor when/if they start to have falls.

Can't speak for  Babs and Glenn, but when I have my annual  "wellness visit " with my doctor,  among the litany of questions asked is "Have you fallen in the last x months? Have you felt unsteady on your feet?" 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Can't speak for  Babs and Glenn, but when I have my annual  "wellness visit " with my doctor,  among the litany of questions asked is "Have you fallen in the last x months? Have you felt unsteady on your feet?" 

I think it's standard protocol for patients of a certain age. I believe my mom said her doctor asks those sorts of things too. When she first went to this practice, the doctor did a whole home-safety discussion asking her all sorts of things. He said "do you have a firearm in your home?" and she answered "oh yes. Several." Her doctor looked shocked and started to ask her questions about where she kept them and how she knew how to use them. This confused mom ... who only just then realized the doctor had asked about fireARMS. Mom heard fire ALARMS and was proud to show off her fire safety skills.The doctor was just relieved he didn't have a pistol packing grannie in his waiting room.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Yeah--I'm involved in a number of sports activities, and anytime a person over 60 in my circle gets hurt, they get a "FALL HAZARD" bracelet, and in my first aid training, we had to treat any fall from any height of a person over 60 gets spine stabilization and immediate evac. I'm sure Babs is being taken care of; she and Glen are no slouches. Hell, I'm 40 and have had debilitating back pain for 20 years. It's terribly common. Whitney probably would too if she ever managed to do anything.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it's standard protocol for patients of a certain age. I believe my mom said her doctor asks those sorts of things too. When she first went to this practice, the doctor did a whole home-safety discussion asking her all sorts of things. He said "do you have a firearm in your home?" and she answered "oh yes. Several." Her doctor looked shocked and started to ask her questions about where she kept them and how she knew how to use them. This confused mom ... who only just then realized the doctor had asked about fireARMS. Mom heard fire ALARMS and was proud to show off her fire safety skills.The doctor was just relieved he didn't have a pistol packing grannie in his waiting room.

Oh my gosh that’s hilarious! 😂

I read your post to hubby and he had a good laugh too!

I think Whitney is probably right to encourage her parents to move downstairs but she does it like a bulldozer, most adults don’t want to be treated like children especially since Glen and Babs still seem quite capable of running their own household.

I was worried about Whitney falling over on that cruise, she stood up to give Babs her flowers and stumbled towards her… yikes she’d squish Babs flat as a pancake! 😖

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Here's what I recall regarding Ashley's tenure on this show:  

She was a "barnacle" and a heavy girl the first season she was on (which may not have been season 1 - that I don't remember)

Her second season she had lost some weight, and then disappeared from our view (maybe that same season or the next - my guess is the next and she was barely seen) - we discussed on these boards that Whit had dumped her for daring to care about how she looked and lose some weight!

She reappeared on the scene once she was pregnant and wanted Whit to be her baby coach/godmother.

She's been there ever since with her nose firmly attached to Whit's rear end.

IMO she lost the weight after seeing herself on tv and desiring to look better, then she got pregnant, gained weight as women do, and is now putting in her time because who doesn't need some extra $$ for a college fund or something similar?

I'm just sticking up for Ashley here because I really DON'T think she's doing this because Whit makes her look better 🙄

Edited by princelina
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Here's what I recall regarding Ashley's tenure on this show:  

She was a "barnacle" and a heavy girl the first season she was on (which may not have been season 1 - that I don't remember)

Her second season she had lost some weight, and then disappeared from our view (maybe that same season or the next - my guess is the next and she was barely seen) - we discussed on these boards that Whit had dumped her for daring to care about how she looked and lose some weight!

She reappeared on the scene once she was pregnant and wanted Whit to be her baby coach/godmother.

She's been there ever since with her nose firmly attached to Whit's rear end.

IMO she lost the weight after seeing herself on tv and desiring to look better, then she got pregnant, gained weight as women do, and is now putting in her time because who doesn't need some extra $$ for a college fund or something similar?

I'm just sticking up for Ashley here because I really DON'T think she's doing this because Whit makes her look better 🙄

No need to “stick up for her” 🙄

I said I was wondering because I don’t know her history with the show, I have no idea what her weight was in season one or if she lost or gained since then and I wondered if she might like being smaller in comparison to Whitney.

Im not stating it as fact… I simply wondered if that might be part of the attraction since in my opinion Whitney is a difficult person to be around and if it was me I’d need an incentive beyond a pay cheque.

I’ve wondered the same thing about all of her barnacles, no one could pay me to sit in a hot tub full of piss because an adult won’t go pee in the washroom.

are they all putting up with her shit just for the money?… is the money that good? Is it the fame? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, auntjess said:

I was wanting his snark.

Maybe she thought she could learn French by injection.

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, auntjess said:

I was wanting his snark.

Actually everyone but Whit does have lives of their own... this is just a side hustle for everyone else. It's Whit who needs to get a life. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

No need to “stick up for her” 🙄

I said I was wondering because I don’t know her history with the show, I have no idea what her weight was in season one or if she lost or gained since then and I wondered if she might like being smaller in comparison to Whitney.

I'm not stating it as fact… I simply wondered if that might be part of the attraction since in my opinion Whitney is a difficult person to be around and if it was me I’d need an incentive beyond a pay cheque.

I’ve wondered the same thing about all of her barnacles, no one could pay me to sit in a hot tub full of piss because an adult won’t go pee in the washroom.

are they all putting up with her shit just for the money?… is the money that good? Is it the fame? 🤷‍♀️

I've wondered the same thing many times, why do they all put up with her shit?

This episode was a great example of the dynamics, the one person who is brave enough to stick his head up (Hunter) and call her on her bullshit gets treated like a piece of crap!

It seems like the others have decided to take the easy route, just agree with her nonsense, collect their pay and keep their mouths shut 🤐

That's been a problem with celebrities forever, they wind up surrounding themselves with "YES" men/women who only tell them what they want to hear.

I think this episode made it clear that Tod has been neutered and no longer drops truth bombs in her lap.

• Love 7
On 10/20/2021 at 11:34 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

French citizens don't need a visa to come to the states and if they do they don't find out about at the airport prior to departure. 

Since March 2020 the visa waiver program has been suspended due to Covid. Anyone has been in an EU or Schengen country in the 14 days prior to departure has been forbidden to travel to the USA since then. In exceptional circumstances a visa can be granted, but it has to be for very specific and serious reasons, none of which apply here.

From next month, the restrictions are to be lifted, but at the time of filming, the only way The Frenchman could have travelled to the USA was if he had a visa, and they're only allowed at the moment for non-US citizens who aren't married to US citizens if they're travelling for reasons of national interest, government business, etc.

• Useful 6
2 hours ago, essexjan said:

Since March 2020 the visa waiver program has been suspended due to Covid. Anyone has been in an EU or Schengen country in the 14 days prior to departure has been forbidden to travel to the USA since then. In exceptional circumstances a visa can be granted, but it has to be for very specific and serious reasons, none of which apply here.

From next month, the restrictions are to be lifted, but at the time of filming, the only way The Frenchman could have travelled to the USA was if he had a visa, and they're only allowed at the moment for non-US citizens who aren't married to US citizens if they're travelling for reasons of national interest, government business, etc.

Well the French government does not know how important Whitney is and the importance of smelling The Frenchman (yeesh). If the Frenchman lived in France and tried to buy a plane ticket to the US there would be Visa information on the airline website, right? So why go to the airport knowing you would not be able to buy a ticket and get on a plane to the US.

I will be travelling to France in 16 days (yeah, I'm not counting the days am I, lol) I have to fill out a Declaration of Health from the French Government, I will jump thru every hoop I have to, none of these hoops are a surprise, they are expected.  Whitney for all her Covid safety protocols she mandated to her friends and family she could not get past her Frenchman not being able to travel to the US, like it was personal as if she was the only one on earth that was affected, oy vey. 

How did Whitney not research travel restrictions from France, I would have thought she would have obsessed about which flight Le Blur would have or could have gotten on dreaming of him arriving in Maine and sweeping her off her formidable feet.  

• Love 4

On 10/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, magemaud said:

As an avid 90DF watcher, I have learned about the “K-1 Fiancé Visa” and the “M-1 Spousal Visa” and also the lesser known special “NO-1 Imaginary Boyfriend Visa” which Twit is applying for 

You win the internet!  This may be the funniest thing I have ever read on the forums.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:54 PM, Pi237 said:

"I wanted him to meet my family and my pets!”  

That struck me as so odd, since her pets weren't with her on this trip, and that wasn't going to happen at this time anyway...guess she was just projecting forward to something she now thinks will never occur?

On 10/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, sempervivum said:

'Fat', however, yeah- did my eyes deceive me, or was that blue and white striped jumpsuit thing she was wearing see-through?

OK, so I listen to the show, but don't always look at the screen.  So I missed all the full-body shots of her in the dress, and only saw her from the neck up, or just a little lower.  And the dress looked really really good on her.  I'm guessing it was the color, or pattern, or something, but whatever it was, I was struck by how flattering it was.  LOL...that's what happens when you have only partial info!

On 10/19/2021 at 11:43 PM, KatieBear said:

(5) Those chairs on the hotel room deck

So, again, not looking at the screen, I only heard her mention the chairs...does anyone have a screen shot of them? 

• Love 1

I get so irritated when I see her bawling in the preview for next week’s show over the injustice of LeBlur not being able to meet up with her. Given that people were dying alone in hospitals because their loved ones couldn’t be with them because of COVID, she is even more tone deaf than usual. 

• Love 14
22 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

This episode was a great example of the dynamics, the one person who is brave enough to stick his head up (Hunter) and call her on her bullshit gets treated like a piece of crap!

And Hunter is family, so he can't be canned.

Hunter was sort of a mysterious background (non)person for me until the last couple of episodes.  Now he is my hero.  I want more Hunter.

Edit:  oh never mind

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I get so irritated when I see her bawling in the preview for next week’s show over the injustice of LeBlur not being able to meet up with her. Given that people were dying alone in hospitals because their loved ones couldn’t be with them because of COVID, she is even more tone deaf than usual. 

No one matters to Whit, but herself.  

• Love 4
On 10/20/2021 at 6:20 PM, Dustbunny said:

I mean we know that Whitney is more than happy and planned to have him in her room but what if she decided to share a room with a barnacle because FrenchFlake said he wasn't coming.... does the barnacle wind up on a cot bunked in with a couple other barnacles because the FrenchFlake decided it would be funny to show up as a surprise?  🙄

No no. Given Buddy's absence, there is no likely barnacle bedfellow Whitney would deign to accept. But even if she did decide to share a room with Heather, say, and LeBlur did magically appear at the door, Whitney would bounce Heather out of there so fast, Heather would out-blur LeBlur. No one is going to get between Whitney and her own true faceless lover.

Interesting to me is that LeBlur seemed to have not planned to leap into Whitney's bed on arrival  -- during one of the "I tried so hard to get to Maine" phone calls, he said something like "I even booked a hotel!" So unless he was planning to hoist Whitney in his arms and carry her off* to his suite at The Claremont, past her stunned family and friends, Whitney's sexy time fantasies do not seem to have been shared by LeBlur.

*(I can just see him struggling, knees buckling, to get her off the ground. At which point Whitney utters a variation of one of her most famous lines - "there is only one weightlifter in this relationship, and it's me"-then lifts LeBlur up by his armpits and drags him into her room.

• LOL 10

So unless he was planning to hoist Whitney in his arms and carry her off* 

When I read this, I envisioned LeBlur trying to recreate the final scene of "An Officer and a Gentleman" and collapsing under her heft.

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Ketzel said:

No no. Given Buddy's absence, there is no likely barnacle bedfellow Whitney would deign to accept. But even if she did decide to share a room with Heather, say, and LeBlur did magically appear at the door, Whitney would bounce Heather out of there so fast, Heather would out-blur LeBlur. No one is going to get between Whitney and her own true faceless lover.

That's funny because member when she got "engaged" to Chase they were bunking with Ryan 🙄😂

• LOL 3

We all know the French man is fake, but deep down inside, I think Whit thinks this is real, just like she did with Chase. How many rejections is she going to be able to handle before something cracks inside her is what I am wondering? She really doesn't handle disappointment of any kind well to begin with.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

We all know the French man is fake, but deep down inside, I think Whit thinks this is real, just like she did with Chase. How many rejections is she going to be able to handle before something cracks inside her is what I am wondering? She really doesn't handle disappointment of any kind well to begin with.

She thrives on the drama of rejection, she never has to care what the other person wants or thinks and never has to do anything for another person she does not want to do any of the work it takes to have a successful relationship hence the unobtainable men she pretends to have a connection with.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2021 at 4:47 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

How did Whitney not research travel restrictions from France, I would have thought she would have obsessed about which flight Le Blur would have or could have gotten on dreaming of him arriving in Maine and sweeping her off her formidable feet.  

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I’m sure you meant to say “Teenie, tiny little feet, supporting a formidable (enormous) body.”  A true feat of engineering, to be sure!

image.jpeg.0eb94255efc3c3453385a86190fb2932.jpeg

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • LOL 3
On 10/23/2021 at 4:47 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I will be travelling to France in 16 days (yeah, I'm not counting the days am I, lol) I have to fill out a Declaration of Health from the French Government, I will jump thru every hoop I have to, none of these hoops are a surprise, they are expected.  Whitney for all her Covid safety protocols she mandated to her friends and family she could not get past her Frenchman not being able to travel to the US, like it was personal as if she was the only one on earth that was affected, oy vey. 

It'd be awesome if you posted a trip report in Small Talk when you get back! I'm going in March and would love to know what hoops you had to jump through. I've been before but it was ages ago and I didn't even bring back a blur!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

It'd be awesome if you posted a trip report in Small Talk when you get back! I'm going in March and would love to know what hoops you had to jump through. I've been before but it was ages ago and I didn't even bring back a blur!

The French love their paperwork, there are two forms I have to fill out on line, covid test prior to flying, Verifly app completed, passport, vax card, you name it, I will bring it!

With all the walking one does in a European city how does Whitney do it? I have walked miles in a day thru a city I cannot see Whitney being able to really get around like her travel partners.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

With all the walking one does in a European city how does Whitney do it? I have walked miles in a day thru a city I cannot see Whitney being able to really get around like her travel partners.

That's why we never actually see her doing it. We see her in one place or two and really never walking around. When she went to France and Switzerland with her friend she even posted photos of herself sitting in the room with captions saying her friend went off to one place or another. At the time I remember thinking it was a combination of her not being interested in things like museums and not being able to handle the physical exertion it would require.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

That's why we never actually see her doing it. We see her in one place or two and really never walking around. When she went to France and Switzerland with her friend she even posted photos of herself sitting in the room with captions saying her friend went off to one place or another. At the time I remember thinking it was a combination of her not being interested in things like museums and not being able to handle the physical exertion it would require.

And she wants a baby 🙄

9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And she wants a baby 🙄

She really has no clue how much work a young child (even a teen) is. She would need full time help... I keep praying this is just a plot line and not reality.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

That's why we never actually see her doing it. We see her in one place or two and really never walking around.

Didn't they rent a car in France?  I seem to recall that.
Oh, and one of my favorite Whit memories, 
Whitney Faces Fat Shaming During Parade | My Big Fat Fabulous Life (tlc.com)https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-big-fat-fabulous-life/full-episodes/whitney-faces-fat-shaming-during-parade

3 hours ago, auntjess said:

Whitney Faces Fat Shaming During Parade | My Big Fat Fabulous Life (tlc.com)https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-big-fat-fabulous-life/full-episodes/whitney-faces-fat-shaming-during-parade

If I remember correctly they rented a car to travel between France and Switzerland but I don't remember if they used it in each country. I just remember thinking that was so odd since they have such a great train system there.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2021 at 6:00 PM, mamadrama said:

I was so annoyed with her within the first few minutes that when she was loading up the car and said, "There's only one weight lifter in the family and that's me" I was hoping she'd pull a hernia. 

Why is she crowing so hard about this?  With the numbers she put up at the state championship meet, it’s nothing impressive for a nearly 40 year old woman in her weight class. There is a literal 8-year old girl weightlifter that can not only out-lift her, but with far better form.

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, auntjess said:

Ah the good old days!  Watching that clip, it occurs to me that people who are laughing at her are laughing at the sign saying "Big Girls Dance Class" being preceded by a woman too heavy to walk, riding on a scooter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2021 at 11:28 AM, LuvMyShows said:

I wanted him to meet my family and my pets!”  

That struck me as so odd, since her pets weren't with her on this trip, and that wasn't going to happen at this time anyway...guess she was just projecting forward to something she now thinks will never occur?

Oh, but her pets were there—all except Buddy!  😂

• LOL 1
On 10/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Yes her sun dress or whatever it is was totally see through… on my large screen tv I could definitely see her ass and thong

and the blanket with Glen hugging a tree.. oy! 😳

9D738CE2-8392-4642-AC12-A7CEBC4D10EA.jpeg

EB40667A-3FFB-4E77-AD82-A0CE4451793E.jpeg

A thong?  How is she going to get that off from in between.....er.. um...

I seriously didn't know they made thongs in that size....who knew?

Anyways I'd seriously be wearing a girdle instead of a thong if I was anywhere near that size.....for real.   

I've yet to hear Frenchie say one loving thing to her over the phone.   But she's in love...

• Love 4