Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Maine Reason For Tension

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder - no spoilers.  Only post about what is shown in the episode and known up until the time that it was filmed. No recent social media.  

• Start Topic

After the French man stands Whitney up on the trip to Maine, she is forced to defend her online relationship to her family and friends. Whitney wonders, however, if he truly is everything he says he is, or if her love life has taken another hit.

TLC confirms what we all expected in their episode description. Le Blur does not head to Maine for La Passion with The Whitney.  Way to spoil your own cliffhanger, TLC! The Whit may now need to question whether this great love of hers even knows they are in a relationship.  Chances she finds a clue range from 0.0 to 0.01%. 

Original air date 2021.10.19

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I'm curious if they will acknowledge at all that it didn't really matter if LeBlur wanted to come or not. He couldn't because of travel restrictions. I don't think that's a spoiler because we all know there were restrictions at the time this happened. I'm not sure the purpose, from Whit's point of view, of questioning the motives of LeBlur if he had no control over whether he came or not anyway. For someone who is always convinced someone is in love with her, even when they've never met, it seems extra dumb to have her doubt the relationship, not because they've never met, not because he doesn't show interest in their conversations, but because he doesn't go on a vacation he would not be allowed to go on no matter how he felt about her. 

Standard caveat that we all know this is all just storyline anyway. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Standard caveat that we all know this is all just storyline anyway. 

sun comes up, grass grows,whitless full of shit with completly fake 'life' go away asshole.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Okay, Whitney was a raging bitch to Hunter in this episode. Repeatedly. Hunter most definitely did not deserve her vitriol. I kept hoping someone else would take up for him. FFS he did NOTHING to deserve this shit.

Also, good try TLC. The rest of the world has known that the French couldn't travel to the US since shutdown. They keep treating us like fucking idiots and yet we (namely I) can't stop watching. 

I know this is fake but watching this reminds me of when this guy I thought I loved promised to meet me on the Aran Islands & didn't show up. We planned it for months. I flew all the way to Ireland, took a bus to Rossaveal, boat to Inishmore, & waited on the dock all day. It sucked and it was embarrassing. His excuse? Tickets were "too expensive." (He lived in England.)

The whole episode pissed me off at how awful she was. Just when I think Whitney can't get any worse she stops and says, "Here, hold my TLC paycheck."

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

Boy, they're really scraping the barrel to create drama for this stupid show with trying to fool us with the Frenchman's inability to show up.  Talk about making issues out of absolutely NOTHING.  Hunter is just reading from the script to start an argument with her, although he's right about her history.  Although we all know that pretty much all of her men have likely been paid by the show to be her "current love interest".  They were really padding this episode out, weren't they?

What an idiot this guy is not to be up on what he needed to travel.  We all know that it's not that easy these days and the requirements keep changing, but pick up a phone or look at the internet and get clear on it first.  Although it was likely all a plot device and he wasn't really coming anyway.

I loved the scenery in Maine.  I've been there a few times and feel sorry that such a beautiful state had to be marred by her presence.  I live in New England and see that kind of scenery all the time, and it is wonderful.  I lived in the Bronx for half my life and even though I've been up here 30 years it never gets old.

I don't know why Heather thinks she has to make herself up to look like she's trying to get into Studio 54 in 1979.  She's a beautiful woman and doesn't need all that.

It is clearly getting harder for Whitney to climb up those rock faces.  The clock is ticking, Whitney.  And quit it with the crocodile tears, will you?

Frenchman Bay, LOL, you can't make this stuff up!!! 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Okay, Whitney was a raging bitch to Hunter in this episode. Repeatedly. Hunter most definitely did not deserve her vitriol. I kept hoping someone else would take up for him. FFS he did NOTHING to deserve this shit.

Also, good try TLC. The rest of the world has known that the French couldn't travel to the US since shutdown. They keep treating us like fucking idiots and yet we (namely I) can't stop watching. 

I know this is fake but watching this reminds me of when this guy I thought I loved promised to meet me on the Aran Islands & didn't show up. We planned it for months. I flew all the way to Ireland, took a bus to Rossaveal, boat to Inishmore, & waited on the dock all day. It sucked and it was embarrassing. His excuse? Tickets were "too expensive." (He lived in England.)

The whole episode pissed me off at how awful she was. Just when I think Whitney can't get any worse she stops and says, "Here, hold my TLC paycheck."

The Aran Islands tho 😍

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Boy, they're really scraping the barrel to create drama for this stupid show with trying to fool us with the Frenchman's inability to show up.  Talk about making issues out of absolutely NOTHING. 

And the worst part is that people act like her when they are teenagers not nearly 40 years old.  🤮

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

What a jackass!! I'm so sorry. Hope you still got so see some of the beauty of the Aran Islands.

• Love 4

TLC keeps her on because in a year or two they will need only one camera focused on the bed all the time ,cause she can't move anymore.she got to save her own ass and quit on the fake boyfriends.I don't know or even care that much but she must have a deathwish or maybe the thought of everyone having to wait on her with bedpans and food is appealing to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

I read this thread header as “Maine Reason for Treason.” Heh
I wanna sneak up on Whitney’s egg storage facility in the dead of night and cut the electricity. 

I'm with you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I wanted to punch her in her big fat face when she sneered at Hunter and said something like “IN YOUR EFF’N FACE!!! 

what adult gloats and talks like that to someone who cares about them?

and the thing is Hunter is still right because if the Frenchblur REALLY wanted to meet her and was serious he would have gotten all the information he needed and done whatever was necessary to travel to the USA… like spending 2 weeks in a non-EU country

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, sara1025 said:

I love how she's constantly broadcasting her life and problems to the world but the second someone questions her on any of it, her response is automatically "IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!"

Exactly! … And her minions follow suit and attack with “Leave her alone, quit being so nosy it’s none of your business!!”

freaking morons, she goes on TV with a show about her life and all the drama and then she’s pissed when people watch it and have questions 🙄

• Love 7

1 minute ago, Mommygetz said:

Is Heather kidding with the “I’m going to need Hunter to dial it down and let the FRIENDS handle Whitney”?? What have they done for her thus far?

Oh my gosh thanks for reminding me of that!!

Exactly WTF!! Is Heather talking about?!?!??

WHEN?? have her friends ever done anything to make her face reality or deal with her delusions of romance with men who just aren’t that into her?… all they ever do is agree with her and defend her nonsense!

she needs LESS of that and MORE of Hunter and his truth serum! 😂

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'll give the show this - now I'm dying to see Bar Harbor and Maine hadn't really been on my radar before then.

It’s so beautiful - I was just there for work yesterday! I’m annoyed that they’re in Acadia and she’s kvetching over whatever message she’s gotten from Blur on her apple watch. I look at what is around her and think about privileged she is to be there and she’s having a meltdown. Aaahhhh!!

• Love 16

Questions without answers…why is Heather wearing a sports bra and overalls?  Did I miss why Ashley wasn’t on the puffin cruise? Why didn’t Whit sing happy birthday to her folks also, instead of letting the others do the job while she filmed them? Why did she seductively wrap the beach towel of her near naked father around herself?  And was it Tal or Todd sitting next to Glen, with knees pulled up and head down? Whoever it was looked seasick. 

Update: I don’t know why I care enough to rewatch, but Ashley actually was on the Puffin cruise. And the person hunkered down is Todd. But he doesn’t look sick, it looks like he is sleeping because at one point he sort of jerks. 

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 8

Fun Fact: Whitney and Co. did not hike up Cadillac Mountain 😜 The view with the two cruise ships and the three small islands is from the top of Cadillac and that is downtown Bar Harbor below. You make a reservation and drive up and then hike around the summit.

• Useful 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Fun Fact: Whitney and Co. did not hike up Cadillac Mountain 😜 The view with the two cruise ships and the three small islands is from the top of Cadillac and that is downtown Bar Harbor below. You make a reservation and drive up and then hike around the summit.

Well that makes sense….she was struggling to go a few feet and I was wondering how did she manage to get all the way up that mountain when she was huffing and puffing to climb passed a couple boulders… she’s definitely not as fit as she used to be.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Well that makes sense….she was struggling to go a few feet and I was wondering how did she manage to get all the way up that mountain when she was huffing and puffing to climb passed a couple boulders… she’s definitely not as fit as she used to be.

I love that they made it look like they took Great Head, which is a loop of a little more than a mile and a half, up to the summit of Cadillac 😆

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Whit might try being nicer to her brother. Her parents will be gone some day and she doesn’t seem to have much family. Once the show is over these friends aren’t going to kiss her ass for free.

• Love 20

This whole episode was the same conversation over and over for an hour.  
Her neediness must be Exhausting in real life.  The dramatic pause and plop down on the rock ‘it’s not good.’  How do they keep a straight face through all their ‘OMG what’s wrong!?’s?

”I wanted him to meet my family and my pets!”  She was acting like he died. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

TLC crossover show; it's either 90 Day or 600 Pound (maybe both in succession).

Is anyone else grossed out by her fingers, hands, and hand movements?  

I was too mesmerized by her bobble-head doll imitations - and that loud coughing seal sound she made after screaming "in your f'ing face" at Hunter.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I can't get over Whitney reaming Hunter all because he dared to voice his concerns.  I also can't get over Heather saying that Hunter should leave all matters of the heart pertaining to Whitney to her friends.  I think she has lost her ever loving mind.  

I have a feeling that production was behind Monsieur Le Blur's alleged visit to the airport.  Something about that whole scenario doesn't ring true.  

• Love 12

My thoughts on tonight's episode:

* Maine is absolutely gorgeous. I need to add Bar Harbor to my bucket list. 

* I feel sorry for...

(1) Whitney's friends; they so did not sign up for a trip "all about Frenchman". To take time off work to go on this vacation and have it turn on its head like this must be really disappointing. I think maybe Heather is trying to be positive because as a divorced mom of two kids myself and not getting to ever go on a "friends without kids" vacation, I would also encourage my friend to think positive (even if I thought there was no chance in hell this will work out) so that we could go back to having a good time.

(2) Hunter; it must suck to be the only sane person in the boat

(3) Babs and Glen; Whitney is responsible for herself but some of what they are dealing with is the result of nurture and it must be hard to be staring that in the face everyday

(4) The boat tour guide; he probably had "Frenchmen Bay" throughout his memorized tour speech and had to constantly think about calling the location "Freedom Bay"

(5) Those chairs on the hotel room deck

(6)  Big Girls everywhere; your role model for No BS should not be someone who can barely climb up a hill without wheezing then plopping down to cry about how disappointing her life is when she is having experiences most of us would die for. How awesome would it have been to do a workout at the top of that mountain with that gorgeous scenery in the background?

This episode was just sad all around. TLC isn't remotely trying to make this believable. And what's more, they don't have to because the haters will continue to hate watch and Whitney's fans will love her even if she pushes someone off that mountain. When will we all learn? 😔

Winner this episode: Buddy. The man managed to escape. Finally, he can live his life with his lady and not have to worry about being a caregiver, because he sure as hell is more than even with Whitney financially supporting him through his addiction after his emotional support contribution last season. He should be guilt-free. Fly Buddy. Spread those wings and fly. TLC money ain't worth it.

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I can't get over Whitney reaming Hunter all because he dared to voice his concerns.  I also can't get over Heather saying that Hunter should leave all matters of the heart pertaining to Whitney to her friends.  I think she has lost her ever loving mind.  

I have a feeling that production was behind Monsieur Le Blur's alleged visit to the airport.  Something about that whole scenario doesn't ring true.  

Who goes to the airport --- or for that matter,  even buys an airfare ticket --- without first checking to see if said travel would be allowed? TLC wants us to believe that this  "twu wuv" is so stupid that he bought a ticket,  packed two weeks of clothing,  schlepped to the airport (DeGaulle? Orly? Heathrow?) and THEN discovered he couldn't travel to the US? 

My Eema didn't raise any stupid children.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, KatieBear said:

(1) Whitney's friends; they so did not sign up for a trip "all about Frenchman". T

Oh I'm pretty sure they did 😄l  I couldn't stop wondering if production decided this year's trip would be to Maine, just for the fun of weaving "Frenchman Bay" into the storyline!

First morning after the blow-off:  "We played phone tag all night"

Second morning:  "I haven't heard from The Frenchman in 2 days!

Get your story straight Whitney!  She is really embarrassing, but the friends are starting to get on my nerves acting like this is something real.  Sorry Heather - I'm going to need Hunter to keep on speaking sense.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Who goes to the airport --- or for that matter,  even buys an airfare ticket --- without first checking to see if said travel would be allowed? TLC wants us to believe that this  "twu wuv" is so stupid that he bought a ticket,  packed two weeks of clothing,  schlepped to the airport (DeGaulle? Orly? Heathrow?) and THEN discovered he couldn't travel to the US? 

My Eema didn't raise any stupid children.  

That's what really gets me. She wants to show her binders and how organized everything is (despite making fun of Glenn for the same), but isn't tracking travel restrictions? And the dude didn't either? If these two are really that dumb then it's hard to have sympathy for them, even if you buy into their ridiculous storyline. 

• Love 7

Spare me with the “I crushed your dreams by leaving you a voicemail saying I’m not coming because I wanted to surprise you.”  Ain’t nobody buying that.  Also, LO-friggin-L that he needed a visa.  This show is such an insult to the intelligence of anyone with an IQ higher than 12.  And the whole “I win” to her brother—she’s pathetic.

• Love 19

She's talking like they have marriage plans, fcs.

Also if they're so in love she's talking marriage  why don't we ever hear her and Frenchie on the phone ever saying sweety, honey, or "I love you"  at the very least. ? She's way too dependent on having him want to be with her.  It's desperation and she is in a dream world.

I actually thought her full pale pink lips in her talking heads looked pretty, but that's just my opinion.  I'd rather see that than bright red or pink. Her face is pretty, I'll give her that.  JMO.

When she was sitting on the boat on that middle white thing though with her legs sprawled out?   Cringe-worthy and  all... ....Budda-squatty-like 😏

• Love 5

To clarify, we are not saying that there can be no discussion of weight.  Whitney is fat.  She knows she's fat.  She uses the word fat to describe herself.  However, fat bashing is not okay.  This includes, but is not limited to, comparing her to large mammals or any other extremes.

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums.  This means we do not debate the mod notes or quote them to comment on them. 

• Love 6

The fact that she once had that same picture of her shirtless father on the ceiling over her bed, and the fact that she used the same one for the towel, AND that she described it as "racy" tells us a lot. I also saw some microagression with her mother on the boat.

Just as I suspected, she would be driven to the top of Cadillac Mtn. and then filmed climbing up a random boulder to make it appear that she had actually hiked. I am disappointed that they didn't walk out to Bar Island and get stuck in the sand and/or stranded by the rising tide.

Edited by Me from ME
Imperfect recall she described Glenn's photo as being racy not sexy.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Spare me with the “I crushed your dreams by leaving you a voicemail saying I’m not coming because I wanted to surprise you.”  Ain’t nobody buying that.  Also, LO-friggin-L that he needed a visa.  This show is such an insult to the intelligence of anyone with an IQ higher than 12.  And the whole “I win” to her brother—she’s pathetic.

OMG! The Frenchman is doing everything every con artist does when they are finding ways to avoid meeting someone.  French citizens don't need a visa to come to the states and if they do they don't find out about at the airport prior to departure.  That sort of stuff is all over every airline websites if a visa was needed. How stupid is she and how stupid do the producers think we are?  With every phone call The Frenchman makes to her screams fake, how long till he asks Whitney for money?  Whitney thinks this is real but her crying on that hike is so fake.  

The "in your face" stuff she tells her brother while he looks at her incredulously says all I need to know about their dynamics.  

Am I alone in thinking they are dubbing The Frenchman's voice?

Whitney plopping herself down in the road to talk on the phone to the con artist, she is oblivious to the fact a car may drive on that road?

This episode taught me that Whitney is incapable of standing up to talk on a phone or talk to her friends...she really does just plop down where ever she was standing.  The other thing I learned was her friends dare not be truthful with her which makes me wonder why and how they are friends with her.

The towel with the shirtless pic of her father was a gift for whom and why wouldn't she give it to the recipient instead of (cringe) wrapping herself in that towel?

If she was going to celebrate her parents birthdays I thought there would have been a cake and champagne not three random friends singing Happy Birthday, so it was just the blanket that was the surprise? Oy.

Whitney's mother would be more steady on her feet if she did not have to constantly walk on eggshells.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Whitless has a truckload of mental problems.TLC should drop her asap with all the daddy issues and fake boyfriends is time to stop.Cut her loose.She will cost them when she really goes off the rails.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Kid said:

Her sitting on the couch with her feet tucked under her, she looks like Buddha (to all the Buddhists out there, I apologize and will escort myself out now.)

actually  she looked like buddha when she was sitting outside talking to her brother before the hike.

• Love 3

I like how she needed to tell a complete stranger (the boat tour guide) why he can’t use the word Frenchman. It’s bad enough she thinks her friends and family need to coddle her ass every 5 seconds, but now she’s dragging strangers into the. mix.  If I were the Captain, I would have made her ride in a dinghy beside the boat so everyone else could enjoy themselves.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I like how she needed to tell a complete stranger (the boat tour guide) why he can’t use the word Frenchman. It’s bad enough she thinks her friends and family need to coddle her ass every 5 seconds, but now she’s dragging strangers into the. mix.  If I were the Captain, I would have made her ride in a dinghy beside the boat so everyone else could enjoy themselves.

That displayed her pathological need to make every situation 100% about her. 

Oh, we're on this tour that my mother specifically wanted to go on?  Let me remind everyone about my love life.

Later, on the hike:

Oh, this will be fun--but let's hurry up and finish so I can get back to the hotel and see if "the French man" called me.

I wouldn't take a trip to Target with her let alone an actual vacation. 

• Love 17