Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Red Hot

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I love Lucy and Aaron’s budding friendship, hope the writers won’t screw this up. Am beginning to like this new rookie.

Can we get rid off this Bailey chick already? Nolan spilling every details of on-going case(s) to her makes him look stupid and lack of self-awareness.

Really not interested in the breast milk and union rep debacles, plain stupid plot lines.

I like the actress who played Katerina (Kathryn Prescott). It will be more interesting to develop/extend this Russian spy story into next episode rather than the killer/arsonist story.

And ohh, why is this CIA guy dressing like Thomas Magnum? 😱

I think we need more union rep and background color and less once in a lifetime shootouts and fights with spies who sometime retain retain skills while living undercover.

I guess as the CIA in Los Angeles, only followed around by a FBI Smitty, why didn't they name him Max, can dress as he pleases

9 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

But ultimately, the most annoying thing is that they’re writing her as the female Nolan - he can just be a cop he has to be The Best Union Rep Running!  Bailey can’t just be a firefighter, she has to be the best firefighter ever!  And an legendary Army Sergeant!  And an amazing Ninja!

That’s not the same thing as actual chemistry or an actual character.  Aaron is WAY more three-dimensional and has half the screentime.

I was an Army Reserve combat arms officer a lifetime ago and they didn't teach me that. I hate inflated character bios. Sergeant Bradford goes from being a veteran to someone on mission top secret destination unknown types. For such a young man where did he find the time

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Except Nyla called in a “white male,” so if Bailey is the serial killer arsonist, she needs to have a male accomplice. 

Her line of site wasn't great as she saw "him" running through a fire

8 hours ago, Raja said:

I guess as the CIA in Los Angeles, only followed around by a FBI Smitty why didn't they name him Max can dress as he pleases

This season is a Burn Notice homage... Tricia Helfer, now Agent Michael Weston [Westen]

8 hours ago, Boofish said:

Her line of site wasn't great as she saw "him" running through a fire

The witness at the bike crash said a MAN kidnapped the cyclist..

ETA: And the junkie that Nolan saved from the first fire said that he heard only 2 men in the house.

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Raja said:

For such a young man where did he find the time

I assumed Eric Winter plays the character of his own age (45)? I mean, he enlisted right after school, so theoretically he could have spent at least five years in the military, then went to the Police Academy and started a career as a police officer. Although I don't think the show ever stated how old Bradford really is...

4 minutes ago, paigow said:

This season is a Burn Notice homage... Tricia Helfer, now Agent Michael Weston [Westen]

The witness at the bike crash said a MAN kidnapped the cyclist..

Oh yeah! But I still think she is somehow a part of this otherwise she is just filler and NO ONE on a police show is just filler. Smitty is more comic relief

I doubt Bailey is the arsonist/serial killer. Nolan is the guy who repeatedly meets someone he thinks he can settle down with, but eventually gets dumped because she chooses her child or job over him. I think they are setting Bailey up for a heroic death in the line of duty. She's a firefighter and will no doubt rush into a burning building to rescue someone or battle the killer in the conclusion of the serial killer story arc. In other words, Bailey will be the latest love interest who chooses duty over love, leaving Nolan alone once again.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, orza said:

I doubt Bailey is the arsonist/serial killer. Nolan is the guy who repeatedly meets someone he thinks he can settle down with, but eventually gets dumped because she chooses her child or job over him. I think they are setting Bailey up for a heroic death in the line of duty. She's a firefighter and will no doubt rush into a burning building to rescue someone or battle the killer in the conclusion of the serial killer story arc. In other words, Bailey will be the latest love interest who chooses duty over love, leaving Nolan alone once again.

——which is the modern version of the Bonanza girlfriend or the “Cartwright Curse” (tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CartwrightCurse).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Boofish said:

Oh yeah! But I still think she is somehow a part of this otherwise she is just filler and NO ONE on a police show is just filler. Smitty is more comic relief

She's not filler, she's the lead's love interest. Why do TV watchers nowadays jump to zebras when they hear horse hooves?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrWhyt said:

She's not filler, she's the lead's love interest. Why do TV watchers nowadays jump to zebras when they hear horse hooves?

My take is the way in which Bailey was introduced on this show is why some people are suspicious of her.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

Because of how odd her introduction was

also she is just very very annoying

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

My take is the way in which Bailey was introduced on this show is why some people are suspicious of her.

they're suspicious of a stereotypical hollywood meet-cute? again with the zebras.

• Love 1
On 10/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, izabella said:

What happened to the USB drive?  Nolan threw it toward the spy, and I thought she caught it, but then the fight started and it was never brought up again.

The USB was just a list of the people on drone duty when the spy's husband was killed, so basically she was the only one that had an interest in the information on it. It wasn't like it contained the nuclear launch codes or the KFC secret recipe. You know, the type of information enemy spy agencies would kill for.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm definitely suspicious of Bailey based on their meeting and her insistence on trading war stories. I think showing her fighting skills might be a clue as well. Like because of that and how she's a firefighter, she's able to handle dudes way bigger than she is.

The whole relationship seems weird. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2021 at 10:26 AM, BlakesMomma said:

This little game they're playing with Lucy & Tim is annoying and childish. So Lucy insults Tim, her boss, now and Tim just looks at her with googoo eyes? Please!

I've been wanting Chen to disappear for quite some time.  Her constant need for validation is grating

The whole breast pumping thing had me uneasy (and I'm a woman).  I don't think how in your face Lopez was with her boss was very appropriate ,"go ahead....say it....b-r-e-a-s-t  It's a word'"  Yeah, so is penis, but flinging that word around might be grounds for sexual misconduct.  Yes, I understand a woman's breast is also a producer for her child, but her way of getting her point across was aggressive and I'm sure her boss, as a male, was uncomfortable.  As someone who is ignorant of breast feeding as I've never done it, couldn't Lopez have decided to 'dry up' and switch to formula to make her transition to go back to work more convenient so she doesn't have to, I don't know, call her husband to rush out of a prison client meeting to take two bottles of breast milk home to refrigerate?  

Edited by ctlady
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ctlady said:

I don't know, call her husband to rush out of a prison client meeting to take two bottles of breast milk home to refrigerate?  

Does everybody at Mid-Wilshire share a single fridge? Was that the Robbery-Homicide fridge? Could she have walked over to Vice or Gangs?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Netfoot said:

In this case, the lock would be essential. Smitty takes cream with his coffee.

yup, I could 100% picture that happening, followed by him with a milk mustache going "I knew there was something different about it"

• Love 1
On 10/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, ctlady said:

I've been wanting Chen to disappear for quite some time.  Her constant need for validation is grating

The whole breast pumping thing had me uneasy (and I'm a woman).  I don't think how in your face Lopez was with her boss was very appropriate ,"go ahead....say it....b-r-e-a-s-t  It's a word'"  Yeah, so is penis, but flinging that word around might be grounds for sexual misconduct.  Yes, I understand a woman's breast is also a producer for her child, but her way of getting her point across was aggressive and I'm sure her boss, as a male, was uncomfortable.  As someone who is ignorant of breast feeding as I've never done it, couldn't Lopez have decided to 'dry up' and switch to formula to make her transition to go back to work more convenient so she doesn't have to, I don't know, call her husband to rush out of a prison client meeting to take two bottles of breast milk home to refrigerate?  

Well, I suppose she could but breast milk is significantly better for an infant than formula (the antibodies alone that get passed alone, nevermind all the other nutrients and benefits, make it the perfect nourishment) so if a mother is able to do so the longer she nurses/pumps the better.  Asking/expecting a nursing mother to wean her child because it is more "convenient" is a bit short sighted and inappropriate.

p.s. this could go wildly off topic so with that contribution to the discussion, I will refrain from further comment on this part of the discussion.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Asking/expecting a nursing mother to wean her child because it is more "convenient" is a bit short sighted and inappropriate.

I've never understood the objection to mother's nursing babies. It's about as natural as it gets. While you don't see it so much now, babies being nursed used to be a fairly common sight in my younger days. Even in public places like on the bus.  Nobody thought it was inappropriate or unsociable. Frankly, I find the idea of "pumping" far more distasteful, although I recognize there may be a necessity for it sometimes.

Most people would give a nursing mother some 'space', I think that was more to avoid distracting the babe than anything else. I recall once entering a room and talking with friends for several minutes before realizing one of them was nursing her newborn. When I realized and got up to give her some privacy, she told me to sit down and stop being an idiot!

Nowadays I hear some people getting on as if a nursing mother was some sort of degenerate criminal! These are the same people who think food originates at the supermarket, and that the government has money to spend that isn't tax money.

• Love 5

Up at the club, with three of baby Mo's uncle's. We are all careful to keep our eyes on him, so that he doesn't get himself into trouble.

20211031_153215.thumb.jpg.40c311536f78bc9d05ba8047f9c789a4.jpg

Is it my imagination? Or is he putting on some size?

Edit: This post was made to entirely the  wrong forum. But hey, you guys can enjoy some cute too.....

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 3
On 10/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, paigow said:

All the Bailey-Haters should be happy that Jenna Dewan will recur more frequently on Superman & Lois... maybe she will be unavailable next season...

Is she playing Lois? She kind of fits the profile well.