Type keyword(s) to search

Judy Justice

• Start Topic

I was equally bummed about losing Byrd and refused to initially watch the new show. We recently dropped satellite and started streaming. The show comes up on some channel so I watched. 

I have noticed the last few days they are repeating the shows on a loop so I hate that. 

New format is meh, Sarah and crew are fine, nothing exciting. 

Too lazy to do a search for this, but, I was recently made aware [thanks to streaming] that Pluto TV has a Judge Judy channel, so if this has been mentioned before, my apologies! If you are just hearing of this, it is SO worth checking out!! Really old episodes, back to 1996-ish era! So happy to have discovered this, so the new J Justice may just not be on my radar!

• Love 2

Season 2 episode 2, the girl who was driving should be locked up because she's a danger to herself with her big mouth & a danger to others, I have no doubt she is still driving without insurance or a license with her attitude. It's not like she tapped the woman on the crossing judging by the damage. She doesn't even think she should apologize for mowing down someone on a crosswalk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blows my mind how she has that attitude, I blame the parents. I need a lay down after watching that, my blood pressure is through the roof.

It keeps getting worse by the second, now she was deemed to be stoned by the officer who attended the incident! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1

What was the tattoo on the neck of the guy who forged $8k in checks? I couldn't read it. Looked like he did it himself (or had it done in prison).

The oddest thing is happening. I always have Closed Captioning on (all apps, shows, etc.). For season 2 of Judy Justice - and no other shows - it's in German. I change to English, but it resets to German the next episode.

Edited by QQQQ

Chubby bleached blonde defendant in episode 3 so deserved a reach through the TV bitch slap.  Uses boyfriend's credit card to visit lover in PRISON and lies about sister having Covid to wrangle a plane ticket for visit.  Justifies it with "I deserve love and it's all his fault I'm not being loved."  No, what you deserve is a kick in your broad as a beam butt.  

On top of that, she leaves him and steals his cat ("we've bonded") only to have prison boyfriend's dog kill it.  (Refuses to name the breed of dog -- yeah, right, Blondie).

Scammed boyfriend summed her up perfectly when he called her an Anna Nicole wannabe.  No worries, dude - she's a fucking psychopath and you got off cheap in many ways.  

• Love 3
On 11/11/2022 at 11:57 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

Season 2 episode 2, the girl who was driving should be locked up because she's a danger to herself with her big mouth & a danger to others, I have no doubt she is still driving without insurance or a license with her attitude. It's not like she tapped the woman on the crossing judging by the damage. She doesn't even think she should apologize for mowing down someone on a crosswalk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blows my mind how she has that attitude, I blame the parents. I need a lay down after watching that, my blood pressure is through the roof.

It keeps getting worse by the second, now she was deemed to be stoned by the officer who attended the incident! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

She seemed stoned in the courtroom too!! Did anyone else think her repeated "I was driving without my mother's permission" was something she and her idiot mother cooked up to say so that the Plaintiff couldn't go after the homeowner's insurance? No matter, that dimbulb is a menace to society!!

On 11/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Chubby bleached blonde defendant in episode 3 so deserved a reach through the TV bitch slap.  Uses boyfriend's credit card to visit lover in PRISON and lies about sister having Covid to wrangle a plane ticket for visit.  Justifies it with "I deserve love and it's all his fault I'm not being loved."  No, what you deserve is a kick in your broad as a beam butt.  

On top of that, she leaves him and steals his cat ("we've bonded") only to have prison boyfriend's dog kill it.  (Refuses to name the breed of dog -- yeah, right, Blondie).

Scammed boyfriend summed her up perfectly when he called her an Anna Nicole wannabe.  No worries, dude - she's a fucking psychopath and you got off cheap in many ways.  

That cat-napping/murdering bitch is a scammer through and through, but the Plaintiff was dumb as dumb can be. Who the hell meets someone ONLINE and lets them move in after a few months??? He sure sees the error of his ways now and I'll bet he is more cautious in the future, but he is not blameless in his poor kitty's death. 

Anyone who has helpless pets and children and exposes them UNSUPERVISED to unvetted strangers is an asshole in my book. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I still don’t understand the know-it-all plaintiff’s motivation to go after the dog-walker. He seemed bent on getting “vengeance” (his words) against her. What a creep! 

Re: Chubby blonde scammer - What a horrible person! The fact that she sounded like Drew Barrymore was hard for me to reconcile 😆

It's interesting to see Sarah (mildly) disagree or question her grandmother's reasoning during the post-decision analysis over the last few weeks. Maybe she's read viewer reactions and didn't want to come off as such a robotic sycophant.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, QQQQ said:

It's interesting to see Sarah (mildly) disagree or question her grandmother's reasoning during the post-decision analysis over the last few weeks. Maybe she's read viewer reactions and didn't want to come off as such a robotic sycophant.

She's got better as this has gone along, especially when it comes to more modern ways of doing things, seems like JJ has also realized that she doesn't know everything about everything and actually listens.

• Like 1

During today's episode where one sister sued another sister for rent and tossing out her couches, JJ said she went to graduate school after high school for 9 years. Huh?

• Love 1

I don't know why no one is over here, but the first half of the case today has me gripped.  The woman suing is older and was a previous kidnap victim who was walking with her dog in a mall. She claims a very aggressive salesman, Eric, more or less held her captive in one of those skin care places in the mall, and she spent 8K to get out.

I have managed to avoid those people, but I agree they are aggressive. Part 2 looks like Eric has some 'splainin to do...

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

I just watched this episode. Was it a Merle Norman? My grandma (God rest her soul) paid for me to have a make over at one when I was 14 or so. I had really bad acne and the Merle Norman woman made me feel even worse about myself. This was almost 40 years ago and I still remember the high pressure sales tactics. I walked out, looking like a clown, and burst into tears in the middle of the mall. My poor grandma felt awful.

On 4/5/2023 at 4:20 PM, QQQQ said:

I just watched this episode. Was it a Merle Norman? My grandma (God rest her soul) paid for me to have a make over at one when I was 14 or so. I had really bad acne and the Merle Norman woman made me feel even worse about myself. This was almost 40 years ago and I still remember the high pressure sales tactics. I walked out, looking like a clown, and burst into tears in the middle of the mall. My poor grandma felt awful.

How awful!  I'm sorry that happened.  This one was a different company - I looked it up at the time, because I gathered it was near me.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, 853fisher said:

How awful!  I'm sorry that happened.  This one was a different company - I looked it up at the time, because I gathered it was near me.

It must be a Merle Norman tactic. I was aware I have large pores guys but thanks for pointing it our 50 times!

I think the one  on the show was possibly Oro Gold. They are in the malls and incredibly pushy.

• Like 1

OMG the Merle Norman mentions.

They would always have commercials on TV when I was growing up saying they were offering free makeovers. It turned out to be mini ones or that what they said when my Mom and I decided to take them up on the offer. They wanted to try to make us buy stuff afterwards when it was never mentioned in the commercials. They told us it was in the fine print at the bottom of the screen which was usually unreadable. My Mom stood up to them and told them the fine print thing wasn't her issue then we left.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 7/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, badhaggis said:

I think the one  on the show was possibly Oro Gold. They are in the malls and incredibly pushy.

It was this independent brand.  I noticed it on one of the evidence papers and thought I'd try to track it down.  I don't remember the details but the guy had several similar business registrations, one after the other, as if he'd close ABC Skin after shit hit the fan, then move down the street to open DEF Skin.  So skeezy!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, stephinmn said:

Byrd is back--he's on her new show (Tribunal Justice) that has...her son on it.

And it's a much better show than hot bench ever was. Her son seems like a switched on guy when it comes to smelling bullshit & he doesn't hold back on pointing things out. 

• Applause 2

There will be a season 3.  However, according to this article, the show will return in syndication, with almost 400 episodes by the Fall 2024 date of airing on cable/syndication stations. 

https://deadline.com/2023/10/judy-justice-national-syndication-launch-fall-2024-1235587813/

There will also be another show in the Judy production stable, called Justice on Trial.  Justice on Trial is a discussion/documentary show about famous court cases, and other legal matters:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/judge-judy-judy-justice-renewed-justice-on-trial-1235599646/

• Thanks 2

Uffda, season 3 is off to a rough start. The little league ump/coach fight took way too long to get to the issue and was really boring. The next case had something to do with a wrecked car, but I was too mesmerized by the plaintiff's top (or lack thereof) and the defendant's full butterfly neck tattoo (its face would appear/disappear with each swallow) to pay attention. 

Judge Judy looks like she's had a facelift. Conversely, Sarah Rose is wearing a shade of orange-red lipstick last manufactured by Avon in 1973.

• LOL 5
(edited)

I've read that with the completion of this current season, they will have filmed 400 episodes, and are trying for syndication on regular networks.   I'm hoping that doesn't mean one of my two hours of Judge Judy shows are cut in half or replaced with this show.  I would like if they added an episode of Judy Justice and an episode of Tribune (I know that's not the right title), and replaced some of the other stuff on that channel, but not Judge Judy.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

There were rumors that Amazon might be shutting down FreeVee. They're denying it. It's Amazon though so they're probably thinking about it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

There were rumors that Amazon might be shutting down FreeVee. They're denying it. It's Amazon though so they're probably thinking about it.

I suspect you're right.  I think they'll move everything to Prime Video, and dump FreeVee.   If the story is true about Judy Justice going on regular cable, then I suspect Tribunal will follow, and at that point I'm wondering if the Judge Judy reruns will continue, with two hours where I live.   

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

What is Tribunal?

It is basically Hot Bench. It is a three judge panel with Patricia DiMango, Tanya Acker and Judge Judy's son Adam Levy. Boy he does his research! It runs on Freevee.

2 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

It is basically Hot Bench. It is a three judge panel with Patricia DiMango, Tanya Acker and Judge Judy's son Adam Levy. Boy he does his research! It runs on Freevee.

Thanks--I saw it a couple of times and wasn't impressed.  The judges were too ham-y for me.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Thanks--I saw it a couple of times and wasn't impressed.  The judges were too ham-y for me.

It really took a while for them the show to gel. The personalities clashed quite a bit in the beginning.

Who was Sarah Rose's substitute for one day earlier this week? Did he do anything? If Sarah Rose were replaced by a house plant, a brick, or a throw pillow, would anyone notice?

• LOL 3
On 3/7/2024 at 8:25 PM, QQQQ said:

Who was Sarah Rose's substitute for one day earlier this week? Did he do anything? If Sarah Rose were replaced by a house plant, a brick, or a throw pillow, would anyone notice?

On Reddit, I found that Judge Judy's daughter Nichole is married to Daniel Mentzer, so sounds right that Alexei Mentzer is another grandchild.  Also mentions that  Daniel is going to be the star of another Judge Judy production Justice on Trial that is coming out this year.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Wow, Judy's 1950s mindset re: domestic "disputes" and her favoritism toward professional men was on full display during today's case involving the feuding neighbors (pharmacist making threats on Ring camera).

Part 2: Basically, JJ said that because the D called the police she deserves the ensuing, ongoing harassment. Funny how she has berated litigants thousands of times over the years for not calling the police when disputes or issues arise. And now a litigant does call and she says that litigant precipitated the problem by doing so. Then JJ fell back on another favorite insult and pointed out the D is the same size as the P. JJ loves to body shame women. 

Sarah Rose was silent the entire episode. Probably just gritting her teeth and counting the days 'til her inheritance.

Edited by QQQQ
On 4/1/2024 at 8:55 AM, QQQQ said:

Wow, Judy's 1950s mindset re: domestic "disputes" and her favoritism toward professional men was on full display during today's case involving the feuding neighbors (pharmacist making threats on Ring camera).

Part 2: Basically, JJ said that because the D called the police she deserves the ensuing, ongoing harassment. Funny how she has berated litigants thousands of times over the years for not calling the police when disputes or issues arise. And now a litigant does call and she says that litigant precipitated the problem by doing so. Then JJ fell back on another favorite insult and pointed out the D is the same size as the P. JJ loves to body shame women. 

Sarah Rose was silent the entire episode. Probably just gritting her teeth and counting the days 'til her inheritance.

This case made me so angry. The plaintiff was clearly a Creep and a bully. I don't think the defendant did anything wrong whatsoever. Of course you should call the police if you hear a domestic dispute!

I wish Sarah Rose was brave enough to tell her grandma how wrong she is at times.

• Like 1

Sorry, I disagree.  That defendant was a fucking pain in the ass.  She had the guy arrested TWICE on bullshit charges that forced him to hire a lawyer.  Notice also that he has had NO trouble with any of his other neighbors.  There was nothing about that argument that should have caused her to be "scared."  He had his girlfriend were yelling.  As Judy pointed out, the woman made NO statements that would give rise to fear of harm requiring police involvement.  And as far as the smoke goes - he's allowed to smoke.  Period.  Did she, for instance, go over and tell him that smoke was invading her house? No.  She called the fucking cops.  She didn't try to look for solutions or alert him to a problem. No.  She calls the fucking cops.  And he parks in front of her house.  She goes to the HOA.  They tell her to get over it.  That should have been a clue.  

And there is no evidence that ANY of the shit she said he was doing is true.  He wasn't a bully - he was just crude, which he admitted to.  He was giving the finger and making snotty remarks to a pain in the ass neighbor through her ring camera.  A neighbor who could have cost him his livelihood with her bullshit complaints.  

And she brings Mommy along to say that the mean mean man needs to be stopped.  Notice that Daddy looked like he was fixing to beat him up in that video.  

On 4/5/2024 at 8:41 PM, Blissfool said:

Of course you should call the police if you hear a domestic dispute!

Except it wasn't a domestic dispute.  It was an argument.  

• Applause 1

The plaintiff and his girlfriend weren't knitting and sipping tea - if he was arrested, the police felt there was something to it based on what they saw or what the girlfriend said.  The defendant didn't force the police to arrest the plaintiff, and she wasn't required to conduct her own investigation prior to calling. And if the plaintiff is concerned about his professional reputation, perhaps he should stop acting like a fool on his neighbor's Ring camera. 

• Like 1