Type keyword(s) to search

Deadly Women - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Sadly, no.  Candice has said that they've taped it.  But they haven't gotten the green light to start airing it yet.

Is it still on the basic timeline going on Discovery + first and a few months later it will show up on ID channel?

On a related note, I HATE when ID splits up the seasons: airing a few episodes as a block, hold up a couple of weeks/months, and then premiere the rest. It messes up my binge-recording!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Amber Cummings (killed her abusive husband to stop him from molesting their daughter -- and yes, he was right in the throes of it when she did it -- and also unknowingly stopped an attempt by him to assassinate Obama after his 2012 Presidential victory; she served no time in prison)

That story was incredible. I did not expect that twist. I fully agree with the sympathy for her, and I'm glad that a jury felt the same way. I hope she and her daughter are well and safe and happy wherever they are now. 

Even with cases that are horrific because of who the victims are, like with Andrea Yates, there's still some sympathy in those circumstances, too, because it was clear that women like that were legitimately mentally ill and needed a LOT of help. It doesn't excuse their crimes, no, nor does it make them any less horrifying. But I like that they highlight a lot of the problems and issues women like Andrea faced, and acknowledge the failure of the system and the people around them to help them the way they should've been helped. 

• Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 10:13 PM, Lucas Rowan said:

Well, damn.  This is a list of women who should be covered on this show in the future.  Some of them have, been but there are a fair number who haven't been:

The Most Brutal Female Criminals in History

Phoolan Devi probably threw me for the biggest loop.

An episode on Irme Grese is long overdue. That evil bitch's crimes have haunted me ever since I learned about them in high school. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I love this show. I love all the historical and international cases that they feature. I don't love their pitiful California Doubling and how the Australian actors/actresses are pathetically inept at American accents.

• Like 1