Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: You Have to Play Along

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

After officially teaming up, Jenny and Cassie sit down with Tubb who reveals that this one goes far beyond their jurisdiction. Realizing Travis may be a man on the inside, Jenny reaches out for intel and learns the cartel is involved. With Tonya still missing, Cassie and Jenny fear the worst and kick their search into high gear. Meanwhile, the kids’ plan continues to fall apart, with secrets and scheming threatening to land them in hot water on an all-new episode of “Big Sky,” THURSDAY, OCT. 14 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

160436_0798.jpg

160435_8037.jpg

160434_4202.jpg

At this point I am rooting for Janina. As a side note, she's 40?!?

Why didn't Tonya kick the guy to the ground and jump on his knees/body?

Scarlet is incredibly unstable.

Who thought that hairstyle up for John Carroll Lynch?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mertensia said:

Why didn't Tonya kick the guy to the ground and jump on his knees/body?

I hate they made Tonya be all girly girly, stopping to look back as she barely runs. What's up with that, run your ass off and keep going, screaming all the way. I'm surprised she didn't trip over a root and fall down. Plus she stabbed the guy in the thigh? Man, his crotch was right there, pull the stake out and stab him between his legs. Then see if he can follow you. And you don't try to get the knife away while he's all verklempt about a piece of wood in his leg? I hate women being portrayed as dumbasses. Try running like you are running for your life, girl.

I still don't know what's up with Rick v.2 and what he's doing with Ronald. Training him for ... what? Then Ronald's going to escape by digging under that fence when anyone and I mean anyone, even me, could have jumped up and scaled over that fence. There was a great foothold midway up, and the boards were alternating front and back so there were great handholds on every front board. This show is so full of dumbasses.

Geesh, poor Cassie having to do police work now that she's a police officer. Who knew that would happen.

Speaking of knowing what would happen, i knew creepy boyfriend would show up when those girls were getting the drug satchels out of the shed. But their cover turned out to be pretty good, although I thought the boyfriend, instead of being creeped by it, would be all about watching a lesbian make-out session. I guess the show didn't want to go there.

Why was Evil Woman hitting on the little boy at the crime scene? That was creepy too.

Still can't figure why no one wants to report the creepy stalker in the truck. Like, take his photo, snap a pic of his truck and license and call the police. Or at least tell Cassie for pete's sake.

I'd be more believing of Rick v.2's obsession with healthy eating if he didn't look so much like a guy who spends his time on the couch with a remote in his hand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

What I'm really curious about is whether this show is really prepared to murder some kids. Because there really shouldn't be a way out of this story that doesn't involve at least ONE of these kids getting killed. Is the show really ready to go there, though?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

What I'm really curious about is whether this show is really prepared to murder some kids. Because there really shouldn't be a way out of this story that doesn't involve at least ONE of these kids getting killed. Is the show really ready to go there, though?

Naw, there will be kidnappings and near-death experiences but all the kids will be rescued by a crew of women detectives wearing skin-tight jeggings.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

God do I love this show.  Crazy…campy…..don’t have to think too hard….perfect entertainment and reality escape.   And a very non-Meadow Meadow Soprano this season!

I'm nowhere near as into it as you are; for me it's more like... why do I watch this?  Okay, one more...  But... I'm just now watching The Sopranos (catching up on various stuff I was too busy for the first time), and I would never have caught Meadow here!  Had to look her up to see which character she was!  Maybe that's because I'm still early in the series, in her teen years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Never saw any ep of The Sopranos (just have antenna tv). Which Big Sky person is the former Meadow? The new evil woman drug dealer?

Tonya, the waitress.  (FWIW, I'm just now watching The Sopranos via DVDs from my library.  A few skips, but so far so good.)

And thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to avoid spoiling a 20-year-old show, at least in this thread :)  I do know what happened in the last few minutes of the last episode, but not everything that came between.

• Useful 2
On 10/15/2021 at 1:28 PM, saber5055 said:

This show is so full of dumbasses.

Yes.  I was muttering at the tv. Don’t just stand there Tonya. Run.  Don’t stop and look back.  Run.  Don’t stay talking on the phone once you have made contact, Run. 

Then we have the stupidest teens in the world.  They even outdo the stupid teens in the commercial that refuse to get in the running car and hide behind chain saws instead. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • LOL 8

I don't understand the man with the money double crosses the man with the drugs. One group come by to see what happened, why isn't there another group coming by to see what happened as well. Someone lost $500,000 in drugs and someone else lost $500,000 in dollars. Shouldn't there be 2 groups sending their enforcers?

I am starting to wonder if the creepy guy in the woods is an undercover policeman. But if he is, I don't know why he isn't reporting what he knows to his superiors, he could have cracked this case wide open ages ago. At least he will be there to save the stupid kids lives.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I am starting to wonder if the creepy guy in the woods is an undercover policeman. But if he is, I don't know why he isn't reporting what he knows to his superiors, he could have cracked this case wide open ages ago. At least he will be there to save the stupid kids lives.

Maybe creepy guy is the second enforcer?   Maybe he is content to find the drugs or the money without killing a bunch of kids.  I don’t think evil Cruella and Donald will flinch at killing them. 
so Ronald, and now Donald.  Not very imaginative of this seasons screenwriters? 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I'm nowhere near as into it as you are; for me it's more like... why do I watch this?  Okay, one more...  But... I'm just now watching The Sopranos (catching up on various stuff I was too busy for the first time), and I would never have caught Meadow here!  Had to look her up to see which character she was!  Maybe that's because I'm still early in the series, in her teen years.

Enjoy!  Sopranos is top 10 show of all time.  HBO ran a marathon few weeks ago ahead of the prequel movie premier and we caught a lot of it.  I had forgotten so much that it was like watching it new again.  

After every crazy, weird ass, ridiculous thing the past two seasons, creepy pseudo step-dad of the not-quite-as-moronic-as-her-friends kid may break me. Everytime he's on camera I just want someone to punch him in the face. Repeatedly.and then hit him with a car. Or chopper. Or loch Ness monster. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

"Although, points for hurting Donald."  You go, Cruella.

And I agree; but for plot devices, Tanya needed to die.  And what rural ranchhouse in Montana doesn't have a stockpile of guns that the owner had to use a baseball bat?

What was with the PD office clerk's eyes?  When the camera focused on her as the crooked deputy leaving, one eye was cocked sideways, while the other was staring straight ahead?  Does the actress use a false eye?  Nothing wrong with that, but the scene was a bit unnerving.

You  know, if I was a state undercover agent with a tip that a cartel enforcer had come to my apparently two horse town, I might look into the hotels, restaurants, airports, bus stations, etc., anywhere where someone might have noticed a stranger coming through.  That private jet might be a clue, as well as a local merchant who just lost an expensive saddle.  But no, let's just beat up the CI in the bar.

The PI business in Helena must be quite lucrative for them to afford that kind of storefront.

• Love 4

Only the third episode this season and they already find a way to have Wolfgang go clean shaven (but he still keeps the ponytail!)  I'm choosing to believe that was simply because John Caroll Lynch was not going to sport that ridiculous beard for too long and he has enough clout to get away with it.  Of course, the entire concept in general is still so silly: even by this show's standards.  He and whoever this woman is are trying to make Ronald and Scarlett their "family", but then he also treats Ronald more like an animal when he misbehaves?  Also, it looks like Scarlett has bought his spiel hook, line, and sinker, but honestly even if she wasn't, it would seem way easier to just play along and then strike at the right opportunity.  But I guess it's not surprising that Ronald doesn't know how to be methodical.

Ah, another classic tale of a captive managing to actually escape, but easily getting re-caught due to her idiotic decisions.  Yeah, yeah, I'm sure it can be argued that it might have been due to panic, exhaustion, etc., but it was still annoying.

Hilariously, I actually thought the kids weren't as dumb as they were in the previous episodes, but they're still pretty, well, dumb.  And since I don't see this show ever going as far as to kill one of them, I can't wait to see how they keep bumbling on and not suffer any consequences because of it.

Hey, a random appearance from David Meunier as the guy who witnessed the fight between Travis and his informant (?).  He was great as Johnny Crowder on Justified.  I miss that show...

Look at Tubbs actually making Jenny follow police procedure with the crime scene!  What kind of show does he think he's on?!!

Maybe it's just my love for Janina Gavanker talking, but Ren is easily my favorite thing this season.  It seems like her sole purpose is to randomly stir shit up and freak everyone out, and I can dig it!

• Love 6
On 10/15/2021 at 6:35 PM, saber5055 said:

Naw, there will be kidnappings and near-death experiences but all the kids will be rescued by a crew of women detectives wearing skin-tight jeggings.

Don't forget the leather jackets!

• LOL 3
50 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

How is Donno any type of enforcer?  A slow fat dude with a tiny knife? What bargain-basement cartel is this? He must be somebody's "special" cousin or something . . .

Stabby McStabberton was the only guy in the Cartel that the boss (Janina with the Good Hair's father) knew would never manage to sleep with his daughter no matter how long they were holed up together.

• LOL 6
On 10/18/2021 at 12:01 AM, auntiemel said:

This season really MUST be gearing up to T-Lock getting killed at some point, and I am HERE. FOR. IT!!!!

Yeah, the cartel brainiacs won't believe it was a bunch of dumbass kids and he'll get taken out. One can hope, anyway.

• Love 7

There's normal and teenager choices, and then there is "my derpy sketchy co-worker will help us sell these stolen drugs we know that scary people are willing to kill for! It'll be easy peasy!" I don't think the show will actually kill any of the teens, but there are some real Darwin Awards that need to be handed out soon. 

When you manage to briefly escape the guy kidnapping you and you get the upper hand, don't just stab him one and run, get stabby! Knock him out! Don't just scream like an idiot and flail about! This show has never had the smartest people around, but this seasons characters have managed to drop even more IQ points then last seasons. 

Oh no poor Cassie, having to actually do detective work as a detective, next thing you know she'll have to wear the uniform like everyone else if isn't a super special main character does. 

Ren is a fun villain, she has that over the top ham that a lot of bad guys have on this show, but she hasn't gone full cartoon character yet. Oh show, I wish I knew how to quit you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4