Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: REWATCH: The Turtle and the Hare

Mr. Big tells Carrie he's never going to marry again, which unsettles her. Miranda introduces the friends to the Rabbit, a mechanical aid, and Charlotte becomes addicted. Stanford Blatch proposes to Carrie as a cover, so he can inherit his part of the family fortune.

OMG, they did look like the Witches of Eastwick at the wedding.  Their hair was awful and the makeup not much better.  Did they know the bridesmaids were in black?  I would never wear that color to a wedding, unless I knew in advance that was part of the color scheme.

Pretty expensive vibrator, mine wasn't that expensive and virtually identical.  ;)  But seriously, cancel an entire evening with a friend to spend, what 15 minutes with a vibrator?

I don't think you should marry someone who loves you more than you love them.  You'll never be completely happy that way. 

Remembering that Big did say he didn't want to get married ever again and Carrie telling Big that she wanted to get married, at least someday,  shows that Big was even more of an asshole for dumping Carrie and immediately marrying someone else.

• Love 2

I loved Charlotte hiding her rabbit behind an actual stuffed rabbit. Hee. 

I did understand Carrie's reaction when Big said he never wanted to get married again. Even if you're not thinking about marriage, having the person you're dating tell you that it's never going to be an option will certainly make you stop and think, if it's someone you're even considering getting serious about if you're older than about 30.

• Love 1

Am I a prude or do girlfriends normally show each other their vibrators? I can't say I share my masturbation habits with my friends.

Where I come from, we call that TMI. I think that's what they call it where everyone comes from.

• Love 8

I think it's fair to say that Big effectively ended the relationship with Carrie. He ended up mentioning that he was going to move overseas for some indefinite period of time (maybe six months, maybe a year, eh). It wasn't a discussion, and I thought it was pretty clear that he wasn't interested in Carrie's suggestion of possibly moving to Paris if it turned into a permanent gig for him. I mean, if someone is pushing you away or isn't interested in saving the relationship, isn't ok to say that they are, in essence, breaking up, even if the other party actually utters the words, "This isn't working out."? I ask because in the case of Aidan and Carrie, Carrie gets raked over the coals for exhibiting similar actions toward Aidan.

Anyway, onto the vibrator story line. I didn't think that friends showed each other their vibrators, but this show is this show. Sometimes they have the ladies do things that make me wonder (e.g., Samantha fishing out Carrie's diaphragm). But Charlotte becoming so addicted that she would cancel plans was funny. Even if her one on one session was 15-20, was she just creating a break period to start all over again?

When she said "Go on to Paris, let's not pretend we're something we're not," I took that as a breakup.

I agree, that was a breakup. Her voice-over at that time says something I haven't forgotten and I've thought since then when in a somewhat similar situation: "There were no words left, we had said them all."