Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Windmount Academy, $42,000/year

• Start Topic

Marina worries Camila’s lost touch with her Mexican heritage, so she enlists Tom and the rest of the family to help reconnect with her roots. Prompted by Denise, Sarah interviews for a job at Gretchen’s school but receives some unwanted assistance from Connor.

Original airdate: 10/31/21

Was that Danica McKellar as the head of the school? 
I understood what Marina was trying to do with their kids. I don’t have a particular culture with which to relate, but there is some family history I’ve tried to pass on, and some that is already lost. Also, I’ve already lost forever some recipes from my grandmother, and some I used to know, but no longer have the skill or knowledge to faithfully reproduce them.

This show has been worth it to me to give it time to find its feet.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

Was that Danica McKellar as the head of the school? 
I understood what Marina was trying to do with their kids. I don’t have a particular culture with which to relate, but there is some family history I’ve tried to pass on, and some that is already lost. Also, I’ve already lost forever some recipes from my grandmother, and some I used to know, but no longer have the skill or knowledge to faithfully reproduce them.

This show has been worth it to me to give it time to find its feet.

Yes it was. ABC was actually promoting the night as some kind of Wonder Years theme, with the new Wonder Years show and Fred Savage guesting on The Connors, as well as McKellar guesting here

I actually thought it was really touching how Sarah was able to reach that girl

• Love 2

I loved seeing Sarah remember that the work she does is about the kids - not about whether they come from rich families or not. 

I enjoyed Marina's plot and I appreciated her pointing out that the chef is Puerto Rican, not Mexican. I know it's a sitcom but I wish she didn't make reference to the family being white since it's not like there aren't white Mexicans (Güeros). Marina's eyes are bluer than the "white" characters and her skin is just as white so I would have preferred to see her just focus on her culture - the food, language, and traditions.

• Love 6
On 10/15/2021 at 8:11 AM, Aileen said:

This show has hit its stride and I really hope it picks up viewers. It's a great combination of sweet but very funny.

I nearly gave up last season when it seemed like all the siblings (and their spouses) just hated each other, but I'm glad I stuck around. Much better now without the overt hostility.

• Love 4

Of course Sarah would turn her nose up at a potential job when she has been unemployed for awhile in the Bay area.

Also, Sarah thinking she could intentionally mess up the interview and still get the job was stupid.  While nepotism may be a common practice at some of the companies Windmount parents work at, I doubt they would be too happy with a staff member getting hired just because of a familial connection.  Paying the equivalent of a college tuition for a middle schooler, those parents would have high expectations of all of the teachers and other staff.

• Love 3