Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E05: Disney Villains Night

• Start Topic

Jimmie is really growing on me. 
Props to whoever is in charge of styling Jojo’s hair. It’s looked great all season. 
Rolling my eyes at BAG and Sharna’s matching shirts. We get it already!

Cody can leave anytime. He just doesn’t do it for me.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, jette said:

Me, too, Josh. Really thought Jojo would get 10s first, her message and dance background certainly helps. But partnered with the already frantic Jenna, the critique to slow down is valid. 

Melora and Jimmie are my favorites. Love that she sang vocals for her dance tonight and that Jimmie sang along with the vocals on heroes night. 

I'm glad Jojo didn't get the first 10 as she's a big Production fav in my view .  Melora is fantastic so is Jimmie. 

• Love 3
Just now, scenicbyway said:

I thought Olivias dance was not good, but it got 9’s?

I didn’t think it had much content, just lots of posing and character shtick.  

Loved Melora and always enjoy Jojo and Jimmie.  

• Love 1

Man the judges are not feeling BAG and Sharna at all. Hell even Iman is starting to pull 9s (well except from Len. I loved that Iman just cracked up when true to form, Len pulled out that 7) and Brian's still there in the struggle land of 7s and well from Len, even a 6. 

BAG and Sharna's lackluster pairing proves my point that he would have likely done a lot better and it would have been far more interesting, had they paired him with another Pro, like Witney or Lindsay. For one thing, I think he'd be more professional in terms of listening to his Pro and doing what's expected as there would be no conflicting relationship. 

This mess is turning out as badly as when Julianne came on with her "for the time being" boyfriend Chuck Wicks. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Dear god, both daughters are the spitting image of their mom, holy cow. 

It's actually distracting and takes me out of her dances for a good thirty seconds just how much she looks like Aunt Becky. It's amazing. 

• Love 5

Amanda is a beautiful dancer, and her husband’s story was just heartbreaking, but she just doesn’t “connect” for me.  I wish she did, because she has beautiful lines.  I toss her votes, but I won’t really care one way or the other when she leaves the competition…unless BAG or Olivia are both still there.

• Love 2
Just now, DEL901 said:

Tara keeps messing up the tie breaker rules.  3 judges can’t be tied. 

I was wondering about that, too. 

I would've picked Kenya to stay over Matt, too, so I'm good with that outcome. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Tara keeps messing up the tie breaker rules.  3 judges can’t be tied.  Len’s vote counts as a tie breaker when all 4 judges vote snd there is a tie. 

Basically if it's a 2-2 vote, Len's vote makes the decision. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Yup. That’s what Tyra keeps trying and failing to explain. 

She’s as dumb as a bag of hair.  What she means to say is, “If there is a split decision, Len will cast the deciding vote.”  But she calls it a tie, which of course it isn’t.

1 minute ago, alexa said:

Why was the Brian situation treated so strangely?  Because they couldn’t be saved?  It was kind of confusing and almost looked like they were staying.

They couldn’t wait to get them off the stage, lol.

Edited by CraftyHazel
  • Love 7
Just now, DEL901 said:

Yup. That’s what Tyra keeps trying and failing to explain. 

Yeah I don't know why they don’t just say “Len’s vote counts as 2 votes” it would make things simpler.

9 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

Amanda is a beautiful dancer, and her husband’s story was just heartbreaking, but she just doesn’t “connect” for me.  I wish she did, because she has beautiful lines.  I toss her votes, but I won’t really care one way or the other when she leaves the competition…unless BAG or Olivia are both still there.

I know that there was a lot of concern when she was cast that she’d be “playing for sympathy” the whole season, but I actually think her problem is the opposite, she’s so trained into this cheerful, “Rockette” vibe that her dances seem a little surface level, pagenty. A little too precious/perfect. I’d like to see her get grounded into her emotions a little more, like, get a little…grittier? It doesn’t have to be in a dance about her husband, it can be a different emotion, but I hope she can dig a bit deeper, because I like her in general and Alan is becoming one of my favorite pros.

• Love 8

Was Tyra supposed to be channeling Little Red Riding hood with that hood getup in her second outfit?

Double-elimination! Tyra's using her super-dramatic America's Next Top Model elimination voice again. "If the first three judges are split, Len gets the deciding vote." Three is an odd number, Tyra, there can't be a split. Len can make the deciding vote if it's a tie, but he can't overrule two or three other judges, can he?

Sorry Brian Austin Green, for how wham-bam-thank you ma'am that elimination was. Tyra all but kicked him off the stage to get to the bottom two, and almost ran out of time again.

I can easily see Jimmie* and Melora both being dark-horse contenders for the semi-finals or finals if they keep dancing like this. Fingers crossed there isn't anything like the cha-cha relay with it's random fifteen extra points to get someone like Olivia Jade in, a la Chelsea Kane and Ralph Macchio back in season twelve.

*(I wish Tyra would stop mispronouncing Jimmie's name, though.)

Iman! He's doing so much better than his NBA predecessors. Their Aladdin dance was fantastic; the lift at the end where he lifted her from the floor all the way up to his shoulders was fire.

It's actually distracting and takes me out of her dances for a good thirty seconds just how much Olivia Jade looks like Aunt Becky. It's amazing. But for the first time I liked Olivia Jade this week, not for the dancing but for saying that her sister had 'been there every week to support her' when their entire video package was about her sister 'meeting' Val for the first time. Heh :)

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

She’s as dumb as a bag of hair.  What she means to say is, “If there is a split decision, Len will cast the deciding vote.”  But she calls it a tie, which of course it isn’t.

Maybe her wigs are too tight.

If the others are split 2-1, we don't even know if it's a tie until Len votes.

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

*(I wish Tyra would stop mispronouncing Jimmie's name, though.)

How is she saying it? I try to tune her out as much as possible.

• Love 4

Len saw his chance and said “No, not another Bachelor Nation winner for the third time in back-to-back-to-back seasons.”

Sad for Lindsay because she is my favorite pro. She looked absolutely shocked. A quick google search says this is the earliest a male Bachelor has ever gone out, and that includes Grocery Store Joe (though for the ‘rettes: Trista went out first on the first season). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Some overscoring and some surprising moments. I will say, this was the better of the two Disney nights for so many reasons.

I'll actually start with the eliminations because, phew, Brian and Sharna are gone and were the lowest of all the couples, thank goodness. Also, Len saving Kenya over Matt? I know Len hated Matt but I genuinely thought he'd keep them an extra week over Kenya/Brandon. I'm so glad I was wrong on that. Kenya also has a lot more potential to improve. I will say, Matt did step it up tonight and his dance actually WAS fairly decent. But I wanted Kenya to stay. It does mean that her fanbase has to step it up in the votes, because if she's in the bottom again, she likely won't get saved. Ally was saved three times, yes, it it wasn't consecutively and it was closer to the end of the season. We're still not halfway through.

Also, is this the EARLIEST Lindsay has ever been eliminated? She tends to get at least to semi-finals, right? I just looked it up, and it seems like the only other time she's gone before the midway point is in her first season, but she still made it farther than she did tonight.

Melora gets the first 10 of the season! And from Len, of all people! That makes me so happy. I'm just glad it wasn't someone predictable who got the first 10, and she still got the highest score of the night. I'm so glad to see her do well. 

Iman and Daniella's dance was actually really amazing to watch. Iman may have not gotten the most complex of choreography individually, but I really think Daniella's lifts really made up for it, and you could tell Iman was putting in the work with his part. I dunno, I just really enjoyed it. 

Cody's dance wasn't that good. Cheryl is not only butchering the choreography, but Cody is butchering the moves. This is what happens when they haven't been dancing together until three days ago, I guess. Now, I knew he'd make it through so I am going to reiterate this: Cheryl NEEDS to step it up for next week, and Cody NEEDS to bounce back. 

9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Double-elimination! Tyra's using her super-dramatic America's Next Top Model elimination voice again. "If the first three judges are split, Len gets the deciding vote." Three is an odd number, Tyra, there can't be a split. Len can make the deciding vote if it's a tie, but he can't overrule two or three other judges, can he?

It took some explaining elsewhere, but I get it. It was a 2-1 against Kenya. If Len had only one vote and voted for Kenya like he did, it would have been a 2-2 tie. So what Tyra should have said is that Len technically had TWO votes, which would automatically break a tie with his second vote (since he can't split it). 

Jimmie's dance was fun. He's impressing me more and more. Amanda's dance was fairly good. Everyone else's dances were good, but overscored. Mel C, Olivia, and The Miz were slightly overscored. 

I did enjoy JoJo's dance, but the lighting really distracted from it and she needed more intensity, less hectic.

I said last night that Suni needed that breakthrough moment of confidence to get her to 100% for me. And tonight, she did. She oozed confidence and she didn't look nervous tonight. I love that for her, and I hope she keeps it up.

Overall, a really great night for a lot, and weaker for others.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Cody's dance wasn't that good. Cheryl is not only butchering the choreography, but Cody is butchering the moves. This is what happens when they haven't been dancing together until three days ago, I guess. Now, I knew he'd make it through so I am going to reiterate this: Cheryl NEEDS to step it up for next week, and Cody NEEDS to bounce back. 

I think Cheryl's not as recovered from Covid as she wants us to think, tbh.

• Love 11

Villains night was fantastic and everyone really brought out their A game. I also give some major props to the makeup department, especially for The Miz both nights. His makeup warrants an Emmy nomination!

Honestly, Tyra didn't even bother me that much other than at the end when she said that the judges are split. I guess if the other three judges had all voted unanimously then Len wouldn't need to vote, but he would otherwise need to vote every other time. But if it weren't for the explanation that some of you provided, I would have thought that wait, two judges already voted to save Matt and only one voted for Kenya, so how can there be a tie?

I am just really loving Iman. He's not the best dancer in this cast, but he probably is the best dancer this show has ever had who was an NBA player. He's even better than Matt and Matt was just as tall.

• Love 7

I’m surprised they kept Kendra since it was her second time in the bottom 2/3. I’m guessing Matt wasn’t in the bottom 2 but had the lower score than her. Len’s made no secret of not liking him though. It’s bizarre that the others even vote if Len can decide. Should there have even been a vote? Just eliminate both bottom two this week?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I’m surprised they kept Kendra since it was her second time in the bottom 2/3. I’m guessing Matt wasn’t in the bottom 2 but had the lower score than her. Len’s made no secret of not liking him though. It’s bizarre that the others even vote if Len can decide. Should there have even been a vote? Just eliminate both bottom two this week?

It matters if the other three voted to keep Matt (as then Matt would have stayed and Len's two votes wouldn't have done anything). But because Derek voted to keep Kenya, Len's two votes did matter. 

• Love 2

I can't see Kenya surviving another trip to the bottom two. Especially now when she will probably start going up against dancers that are better. 

Cody is not doing anything for me and I think they were very generous with their scores.

Those lifts  Iman and Daniella did were insane.

I thought mostly everyone did a good job tonight. 

• Love 5

Allan looked incredible!  He did so well with this character and his body look great in that outfit. There’s no way I would’ve figured out that it was Alan under that make up and hair. I thought he looked pretty fabulous last night as well. I think I can appreciate his dancing better when he’s deeply into a character that doesn’t look like Allan.  He did so well with this character and his body looked great in that outfit. There’s no way I would’ve figured out that it was Alan under that make up and hair. I thought he looked pretty fabulous last night as well. I think I am appreciate his dancing better when he’s deeply into a character that doesn’t look like Alan. 

• Love 3

I found that ending completely confusing... so it's 2-1, but Len's vote chooses Kenya. Huh? Not explained well at all. I was actually a little bummed, because while Matt wasn't the greatest dancer, I loved his personality on the show. As someone said upthread, the Bachelor didn't capture his personality at all. He was so boring. On this show, he's been really charming and he's been growing as a dancer. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I found that ending completely confusing... so it's 2-1, but Len's vote chooses Kenya. Huh? Not explained well at all.

“Each of our judges gets to vote to save one couple. As head judge, Len will vote last and his vote counts as two votes, so if the other three are not in agreement his vote will decide who stays. Who do you vote to save Bruno? Okay that’s 1 vote for Matt. How about you Derek? Okay we’re at 1 vote Matt, 1 vote Kenya. Carrie Anne? You vote to save Matt, we’re at 2 votes Matt, 1 vote Kenya. Now it’s down to you Len, remember audience, Len’s vote counts as two votes. Len votes for Kenya, and with 3 votes Kenya, 2 votes Matt, that means Kenya will stay and Matt you must leave the tribal council.”

JUST GIVE THE RUNNING TALLY, SHOW, you’d make it so much simpler, Jeff Probst has been doing it for like, 50 seasons of Survivor.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4