Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Ms.Lulu

S03.E09 : This is Your Only First Concert

Yea, there's really no hope for Kim at this point. Narcists don't really stop being stop being narcists. Kim adores herself entirely too much to ever accept the fact that she may be to blame for her children not wanting anything to do with her.  

• Like 6

On 10/14/2021 at 1:36 PM, Shelbie said:

I feel like people are watching two different Olivias. 
I see a very young woman who grew up in a repressive family and community trying to control her own life. I find her thoughtful and articulate about boundaries and marriage and she sees Kim and Barry as they really are and is unwilling to allow them to warp her perceptions. Moriah and Ethan seem to love her and enjoy being around her.
Others seem to see her as Alexis Carrington from Dynasty. An evil controlling woman laughing in delight in thwarting Kim. 

I'm with you.

I intensely dislike Kim, especially after the stunt she pulled at Moriah's gig. Playing pretty much as a "solo act" for the first time with her own material was going to be stressful, and Kim not honoring the request to stay away was disgusting. All she did was intensify Moriah's nervousness, and anyone who could think beyond herself would know that would be the case.

• Like 7

On 10/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, readheaded said:

Moriah wasn’t put in the middle, she knowingly made choices that resulted in the situation. 

I think she told Kim not to come. Which Kim, true to her narcissistic self, ignored.

It would be interesting to know if Kim was like this before the awful accident. It may be that her severe need to control everything is to stem overwhelming terror that now comes up when she feels out of control. That would be understandable. Someone (looking at YOU, Barry) needs to insist she see a therapist.
And you don't get to ruin your kids, regardless.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Shelbie said:

She will blame society but I think she mostly will blame Olivia for any of her children not adoring and obeying her.  

I can't stand Kim.  She is so manipulative and wants her way all the time.

• Like 4

I think Kim  Is extremely manipulative. And Mariah is not at all what the mother wants, but she's using her to get back at Ethan and Olivia. It's ugly and cruel to use her like that.

• Like 8

Well, my heart sank when Moriah let Kim off the hook and pretty much made it okay for her to be as manipulative as she wants in the future. 

• Like 4

I'm not Team Kim, but I'm certainly not Team Olivia; the two women clash because they both want total control.  I'm so sick of seeing that sweet, simple Ethan's mind messed over by his manipulative wife week after week, throwing him away and then luring him back in, making him dance to a tune she constantly changes just for the fun of watching him and his entire family squirm.  Seek professional help, Olivia, for your mental problems and leave that poor boy to find some sweet, simple girl who will appreciate him.

The Plaths weren't on TV before Olivia, but they were on YouTube as a family band and seemed perfectly "harmonious."

It's pretty obvious that a lot of Olivia fans have issues with their own MILs and are seriously projecting.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

41 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I'm not Team Kim, but I'm certainly not Team Olivia; the two women clash because they both want total control.  I'm so sick of seeing that sweet, simple Ethan's mind messed over by his manipulative wife week after week, throwing him away and then luring him back in, making him dance to a tune she constantly changes just for the fun of watching him and his entire family squirm.  Seek professional help, Olivia, for your mental problems and leave that poor boy to find some sweet, simple girl who will appreciate him.

The Plaths weren't on TV before Olivia, but they were on YouTube as a family band and seemed perfectly "harmonious."

It's pretty obvious that a lot of Olivia fans have issues with their own MILs and are seriously projecting.

Who is sweet and simple in adulthood, though? From what I remember of being a child, even children have more going on under the surface then people may think. Part of being in an adult relationship is being able to combine with another complex being in a way that works for both. 

And nope, not projecting any MIL issues. 

And also, Olivia DOES see a therapist. Too bad more people on this show don't go to one.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

All Olivia wants is control over her own life and a marriage free from interference from Ethan's condescending and manipulative parents, which is how it should be. A different girl with less strength of character might let Barry and Kim continue their awful abusive behavior and that would get Ethan nowhere in life. It would just be perpetuating the cycle of abuse.

I'm sure the family band *was harmonious, back when all of the kids were still children and entirely under Kim's control. Let us not forget they almost disowned Moriah and Micah/Moriah were practically kicked out of the house for the desire to live life on their own terms. 

• Like 7