Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E04: They Hate Me 'Cause They Ain't Me

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Poor Heather. I don’t think Probst trying to soften the blow was worse than her performance, but it definitely didn’t help.

Well it took her from crying and saying she was sorry  to gloating about how proud she was of herself for not giving up.  How long did she keep throwing that ball?  Fifteen minutes?  I think Jeff's glowing praise  for not giving up should be saved for those people who've had to run up a mountain to get rocks forty times.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fucking hell, Danny is SO hot.

Oh my yes.  I would be willing to make  a fool of myself at sports (and so easy it would be) every day if it meant he would hold my hand and comfort me like that.  

I want to like Ericka, since she doesn't like Sydney, but I don't think a few tears of frustration over fire making is half as bad as chewing with your mouth open.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Watching Heather stroll through those ropes was painful. 

What hurt me most was watching  her stand there looking up at the ball while it rolled for three or four feet before she even started through.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Maya said:

Was anyone else terrified at first that the tribe was going to eat the baby turtles? Lol

11 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Nah, they're probably protected.  Yet it wouldn't really matter.  I remember a NOVA or Nature or something show from ages ago and something like less than 1% of baby turtles survive to adulthood.  The ocean loves the buffet during hatching time.  The birds too.

We just discussed this my STEM Scouts group. Why is it that turtles and frogs and other animals give birth to lots of babies.

7 hours ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

I can't believe that a guy whose Survivor heroes were nine-time losers Malcolm, Woo, and Ozzy got voted out!

In fairness, Malcolm, Woo, and Ozzy all made it deep into the game. Malcolm probably had the best social and challenge game we have seen in a long time. People knew that so he wasn't able to actually get to the end but he got close. Woo made it to final and was an idiot and took the wrong person to final tribal. He pulled a Cody and took someone he had no chance of beating. In fairness, I don't think Woo had a chance of beating anyone but tony was just a stupid person to take. Ozzy is a challenge beast but clearly doesn't get the social part of the game. He was never going to see the end of the game for just that reason.

But, they all made it further in the game and two are pretty respected for their challenge prowess and survival skills. Woo was good with challenges but sucked at the rest of the game.

JD's problem was he had no chance of being a challenge beast. I mean, his lay ups in the one challenged look like my 9 year olds attempt at a lay up. It wasn't pretty. And JD had no social game. He thought he did

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

As we're getting to know everyone better, I'm liking them less. Shan's evil theme song was cute the first time she explained it and insufferable now. Genie, who I loved, lost me when she took votes against Brad so personally she said she wouldn't cook for the tribe anymore; it's just a game until other people are playing it, apparently. I'm down to rooting for anyone on Team Blue minus Sidney. Her tantrums are entertaining, but she seems more suited for Real Housewives than Survivor.

Speaking of egos, Tiffany turns out to be good at challenge tasks that involve finesse, but then she ruins things by crowing about it as if she's Season 2 Colby Donaldson. Also, I need a GIF of Evvie swimming the wrong way in the challenge.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fucking hell, Danny is SO hot.

This really can't be emphasized enough.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love the yellow tribe. They give Spencer/Tasha/J'Tia vibes. I would actually love to see the 4 of them make F4 tbh.

A while ago someone called them the new Brains tribe (back when they were losing everything) so that got me thinking. Is Xander like Spencer -= young, smart but maybe a little cocky? Liana = Tasha just because she seems pretty good all-around at challenges and calmer than some of the others. Tiffany = J'tia? Not as much now, but before when she screwed up the challenge and then got kind of crazy with the voting. Would that make Evvie Kass? Not perfect obviously but fun to think about when Jeff's going on and on about advantages and you tune him out.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Baby turtles!

DeShawn's narration of the doomed attempt to throw the immunity challenge was hilarious!  "And then I turn around and Yellow is still behind us!"

DeShawn's narration of the immunity challenge was the highlight of the episode for me. He recounted the events with such good humor and really was giving Naseer props for a great effort. The editors really did an amazing job at showcasing how he DeShawn was thwarted at every turn.

Other than that, I'm really not feeling this season. I think I'm okay with new contestants ooohing and aaahing over returning players when they're actually PLAYING the game. But, it seems so weird for them to constantly bring up not only past contestants but also the viewing audience and maybe a little bit about how they're going to be portrayed on TV.  I know Jeff usually does bring it up, but ... IDK... maybe I watched too many classic Survivors during the break and I'm still hoping for a true "back to basics" season. 

• Love 6

Not sure it was Shan's best move to get rid of JD. Him not telling her about his advantage was not really a fatal sin. She didn't disclose half the shit she knew about to him. JD was working hard to prove his loyalty to Shan to the point of being willing to turn his advantage over to her twice, and she herself said they had a brother/sister level bond going. Don't think Genie is going to offer that level of loyalty. I guess Shan just feared JD more than Genie.  I would not mind if Genie ended up booting Shan. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, himela said:

My winner pick JD is gone. Stupid Shan is winning the season and we are going to listen to this idiotic "song" of hers through the finale.

I can't believe I really liked Shan in the first episode.  Now she is among my most disliked.  She is a bully, plain and simple.  And yes, how many times are we going to have to hear this stupid humming.  And along with it will have to be the stupid explanation.  Again.

I want a swap badly so that Shan is separated from Rickard.  And I want Genie to tell everyone that Shan bamboozled JD out of his extra vote.  At least I think she knows, I thought JD mentioned something about giving it to her as a show of trust.

• Love 14

I'm confused, does Shan get to keep JD's extra vote advantage? And use it herself? Or is it simply out of play? Technically he only agreed to let her hold it so I don't think that's the same as giving it to her. 

When Jeffy talked about how the winning tribe at the reward was going to be taken to meet a survival expert who would teach them tips and tricks.  Was anyone else besides me cringing and half-expecting to see Rob Mariano?  I wouldn't have put it past the show at all.  After all, Rob Mariano built that entire two or three story bamboo house, all by himself!

48 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Ricard acts like he's imitating Christopher Guest in The Princess Bride.

Yes.  Rickard acts like he is the sinister villain with a heart of gold in the movie that is playing in his mind.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh, and nice to finally meet you Heather and Erika! 

Yep, I vaguely remembered Erika but had NO CLUE who Heather was. I don't think I will  have to commit her to memory though, she won't be there long. 

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

But then to have to spend so much time having her talk about it, have Jeffy talk about it, have others shout stuff, and then get another confessional from her?  I fast forwarded through some of that.

Me as well. 

2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm confused, does Shan get to keep JD's extra vote advantage? And use it herself? Or is it simply out of play? Technically he only agreed to let her hold it so I don't think that's the same as giving it to her. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets to keep it.  She didn't rifle through his things and steal it.  He handed it over to her willingly.  He didn't say something to her like "I am making this clear, I am not giving this to you, I am only having you hold it, it's still mine, if I get voted out, I did not give it to you".  He is too dumb to clarify that with the producers (or if he did, we didn't see it).  Shan clearly believes it is now hers.  Will be interesting to see what happens with it.

• Love 2

We finally got to see more of the third tribe!  And it was good!  Also, apparently there's a Heather and an Erika.  Who knew?

I have to tell you, I have never been more attracted to a reality TV personality than last night when Danny comforted Heather with that genuine compassion and empathy.  I was all "Yowza!" and then when I heard what he was saying "It's OK, it was just a reward challenge, you're OK..." I couldn't have loved him more when I cracked up at that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Yes.  Rickard acts like he is the sinister villain with a heart of gold in the movie that is playing in his mind.

I was prepared not to like him earlier, but the guy is slick and I find myself hoping he continues to play.

On a purely superficial note:  I find his whole look very attractive, his skin is just beautiful.

• Love 3

15 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I honestly didn't feel bad for Heather.  She knows what she signed up for.

I didn't feel bad for her either and I am amazed the show wasted five minutes of time on her and her "moment".  

Right there with you both.  Especially since it appeared that her eyes and face were bone dry the entire time she was "crying."   Probst is determined to have a "Cirie Finishes the Challenge!" moment as often as he can.  Probst, we know Cirie.  Heather is no Cirie.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

When Jeffy talked about how the winning tribe at the reward was going to be taken to meet a survival expert who would teach them tips and tricks.  Was anyone else besides me cringing and half-expecting to see Rob Mariano?  I wouldn't have put it past the show at all.  After all, Rob Mariano built that entire two or three story bamboo house, all by himself!

My daughter speculated that it might be Ozzy.  They don't need houses, they need food.  Thank god it was neither.

It appears nobody asked him - "are there other plants we can eat?"

• Love 1
10 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Psssst......if you are going to throw a comp, you need to get the rest of the team on board.  

That would be ideal, but he definitely couldn’t tell everyone, because Naseer alone would have blown up that plan for sure.  

7 hours ago, violet and green said:

I always crack up when people on reality tv talk about how this singing/cooking/survivoring show has been my dream my whole life. 

In JD’s case, Survivor literally has been on TV his entire life!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Ricard acts like he's imitating Christopher Guest in The Princess Bride.

"Hello! My name is Genie Chen. You voted out my ally. Prepare to die [because I'm not keeping the cooking fire going anymore]."

"Stop saying that!"

17 hours ago, vb68 said:

Throwing a challenge is just a dumb idea. It just never works out like you wanted.

You go Naseer!

Every time a tribe has thrown a challenge, it always has a bad effect, beyond the reason they did it. It is always a bad idea. You would think they would know this.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Birnam Wood said:

Sydney: "I'm a HUGE physical threat!"

*promptly sits out immunity challenge*

Well in fairness, their options were limited. Erika couldn't sit out because she sat out the reward challenge, Deshawn and Danny wouldn't have wanted to sit out because they were trying to throw it, and Naseer was apparently super psyched for this one XD

40 minutes ago, Birnam Wood said:

Sydney: "I'm a HUGE physical threat!"

*promptly sits out immunity challenge*

Don't forget "I'm good looking".  She comes across as a very vapid Millennial.  If that is the image she wanted to project to the world... it's working.  She seems like a self-centered egotistical twit.

Erika and Naseer sat out the reward challenge, so two of Sydney, Heather, Deshawn and Danny had to sit out the immunity challenge.  Heather is a given to sit out.  I don't think the tribe would have sat either Deshawn or Danny....  So it seems it would be Sydney.  

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 4

I mean, I don't think Sydney is actually a sweetheart, and I have no doubt that she has a very favorable opinion of herself, but from the way she delivers lines like "I'm super savvy, good-looking, they hate me cuz they ain't me" and so on, I just don't think those are literal expressions of how she feels. I think it's an attempt at Tyson-like humor: big statements delivered in a lowkey way (e.g. "I'm still awesome").

I totally get that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea (I didn't care for Tyson's humor, after all) and she could easily tip the scales into inexcusable hatefulness and I'll be eating my words...but for now she amuses me, and I don't think it's unintentional, clueless, or vapid. I think she's in on the joke.

Edited by tracyscott76
5 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

We just discussed this my STEM Scouts group. Why is it that turtles and frogs and other animals give birth to lots of babies.

I suspect it's because relatively few of them actually make it to maturity.   They get picked off by birds before they reach the water, then eaten by other predators once they're in the water, or they get trapped in the surf and die, etc.   Having so many young ensures that some offspring -- usually the fastest, strongest, healthiest -- will survive.   Natural selection.   Same with frogs.   Polliwogs are easy pickins for fish, crawfish, water spiders and other insects that rely on them as a food source.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Erika and Naseer sat out the reward challenge, so two of Sydney, Heather, Deshawn and Danny had to sit out the immunity challenge.  Heather is a given to sit out.  I don't think the tribe would have sat either Deshawn or Danny....  So it seems it would be Sydney.  

Not counting on the Naseer factor, I would have thought Danny and Deshawn sitting out would have been the perfect way to throw the challenge.  They said those blocks were heavy, so leaving the challenge to the physically weakest players would have seemed ideal. 

Then came Naseer....

• LOL 4
45 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

Not counting on the Naseer factor, I would have thought Danny and Deshawn sitting out would have been the perfect way to throw the challenge.  They said those blocks were heavy, so leaving the challenge to the physically weakest players would have seemed ideal. 

I think it'd be pretty hard for Deshawn and Danny to convince the rest of the tribe that both of them sit out. Maybe they could have done 1 though.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

For the turtles, it is a survival of the species.   These newly hatched turtles head into the harsh ocean full of predators with no parent to help.  Out of a hundred, 1 or 2 will be lucky to make it to adulthood.  

Hated Sydney. Her snark doesn’t compensate for her egotism.  Glad throwing the game didn’t work, but wow.   The other teams don’t stand a chance.   I’m guess a reshuffling is coming.   Too many people for a merge. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I mean, I don't think Sydney is actually a sweetheart, and I have no doubt that she has a very favorable opinion of herself, but from the way she delivers lines like "I'm super savvy, good-looking, they hate me cuz they ain't me" and so on, I just don't think those are literal expressions of how she feels. I think it's an attempt at Tyson-like humor: big statements delivered in a lowkey way (e.g. "I'm still awesome").

I totally get that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea (I didn't care for Tyson's humor, after all) and she could easily tip the scales into inexcusable hatefulness and I'll be eating my words...but for now she amuses me, and I don't think it's unintentional, clueless, or vapid. I think she's in on the joke.

Oh I agree. I never take confessionals that seriously as a lot of these players clearly like to ham it up (no doubt by being egged on by the producers to do so). Based on her twitter she seems to be really relishing her edit as she basically keeps retweeting every negative tweet directed towards her.  I find her amusing myself.

Oh and Shan definitely gets to keep JD's advantage.  That is the risk you take when you give away an advantage to someone to "hold on to". I think had she wanted she didn't have to give it back to him the first time

3 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Yeah, it seemed like there was a little sarcasm in there. But I may be giving her too much credit.

I missed the beginning of the episode last night and just caught it now. I can now get why people are disliking Shan. She was pretty harsh to Jeanie and JD. If I was Jeanie in that situation, when Shan started ranting about how she was the only one Brad told about his advantage, I would have said, "What, Brad told me that too. Why do you think you're so special? He also told me about his immunity idol." Brad can't prove her wrong on the first part. And I am pretty sure Shan didn't know about the idol.

JD was stupid to give up his extra vote again. I'm not sure why he and Jeanie didn't team up to vote for Shan with his extra vote, she must be very good with building relationships. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Oh and Shan definitely gets to keep JD's advantage.  That is the risk you take when you give away an advantage to someone to "hold on to". I think had she wanted she didn't have to give it back to him the first time

I wonder if they've clarified the rules on that and spelled them out to contestants after the incident during Game Changers, where Sarah gave Cirie her advantage to hold, and Cirie tried to use it and was denied. Ricard very specifically asked Shan if JD gave the advantage to her (as opposed to her stealing it), but there didn't seem to be any question that him giving it to her meant it was hers to use.

13 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Hmm. coincidence that the first episode to not feature Prisoner's Dilemma stuff and the three-way HII was one of the better ones of the season?

I know!  It was like they had time to spend to show other, more interesting, things!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, vb68 said:

That shot of JD yelling "Money!" at the challenge will live in infamy.

My favorite line was Shan going "He should've yelled 'Tribal!' cause that's where we are now."

22 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh, and nice to finally meet you Heather and Erika!

Ah, the dreaded Out of Focus.

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I wonder if they've clarified the rules on that and spelled them out to contestants after the incident during Game Changers, where Sarah gave Cirie her advantage to hold, and Cirie tried to use it and was denied. Ricard very specifically asked Shan if JD gave the advantage to her (as opposed to her stealing it), but there didn't seem to be any question that him giving it to her meant it was hers to use.

In Game Changers, Sarah jumped in and complained when Cirie tried to use her advantage. Now that JD is gone, he can't complain.

I also think in Game Changers the advantage said it was non-transferrable. I don't remember seeing/hearing that about JD's. They probably specifically didn't put it in to see if anyone can pull off voting someone out with their own advantage. It is good TV.

• Useful 1

Thank you, Naseer, for foiling the stupid plan to throw the challenge. He went all out in the challenge while the two  architects of the dumb plan stood back and stared in wonder as they won anyway. Loved that. As soon as JD gave Shan his advantage I knew the kid was a goner. That’s a Survivor trope. Happens every time. The kid got snookered but I don’t feel sorry for him. He should have known better. Shan’s annoying song is not cute. Hope she’s gone soon. She’s too full of herself and thinks she’s running the show. I guess you can’t be humble to win Survivor though so she’ll probably go far. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

we remarked on the same thing. So nice not to waste time trying to figure out yet another challenge, no shots of people hiking up a hill. . .

Shan seems to be playing overly hard but maybe it will work out for her. The only upside to JD giving her his advantage--nothing we saw indicated he would have used it even if he had it in his pocket. He didn't seem aware at all that he needed to play it--so it was a dumb move but did it really change the outcome? I don't think so. What changed the outcome is him not fully clicking on how unreliable Shan is despite her pretty much giving that away with her speech on "you were not Brad's number 1." At that moment, JD should have clued in.

JD gave me secondhand embarrassment each week, it's a relief that he's gone. Clearly, he hasn't come as far as he thinks he has from his "nerd" days and if he was a superfan of the show, he definitely wasn't watching the right people. And indeed, he did namecheck several of the most famous non-winners in history and played as poorly as they did, just less memorably so. 

I can't fathom what he thought giving Shan the advantage would do for him. She didn't have numbers on her side at the time, Genie was definitely a wildcard and spending his time working with HER would have been the move to make. Shan's role as most popular girl was irrelevant at the moment when there were so few people. Another player looking at the final tribal council when they needed to worry about getting through the night. 

Re: Shan's humming, is that the Wizard of Oz theme or just a tuneless hum she made up? 

didn't feel bad for her either and I am amazed the show wasted five minutes of time on her and her "moment".  I've said before on an earlier episode thread, but I don't feel bad for people like her and Tiffany who sign up for Survivor knowing it will be physical but then making absolutely no effort to get into better shape.  Watching Heather taking a Sunday stroll through those ropes was painful.  But then to have to spend so much time having her talk about it, have Jeffy talk about it, have others shout stuff, and then get another confessional from her?  I fast forwarded through some of that.

Considering that blue keeps winning and I didn't even know there WAS a Heather, it doesn't seem like she's slowed her team down too badly in the other challenges. It looked to me like there was a specific concern for her with this one, namely a knee injury. Running through sand with those ropes, it looked like a prime place to tear your ACL if you did it wrong. She may have a history of knee issues and frankly, it's not worth it to really hurt yourself. In the moment, it may seem like life or death, but getting medevac'ed out or just injuring yourself in a way that's going to carry over into real life? Nah, that fish ain't worth it. 

The yellow tribe continues to fail upward, that's pretty amusing. Green is such a hot mess that yellow gets an undeserved reprieve from the Ulong fate that probably should have awaited them. I do think Liana is a sleeper threat later on, she dominates in her parts of the challenge, between her and Xander, they make up for the less impressive performances from Evvie and Tiffany (who hilariously thinks SHE'S the challenge beast.)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

I guessed Da, from Survivor Vanuatu, season 9. The women’s tribe won him/his expertise in a challenge and he showed them all sorts of stuff on their island. (Fun fact:. I rewatch that season every Xmas while wrapping gifts.) 

6 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Every time a tribe has thrown a challenge, it always has a bad effect, beyond the reason they did it. It is always a bad idea. You would think they would know this.

I know!  You can have someone to vote out for WHEN you lose.  But you don’t need to make that happen.  All teams eventually lose. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BexKeps said:

On a purely superficial note:  I find his whole look very attractive, his skin is just beautiful.

I actually said aloud last night, "Did this man bring his whole skincare regimen as his comfort item?"

• Love 5

My heart went to JD as Survivor may have been the only respite during his childhood (it sounds like he was bullied, etc.).  He wanted so desperately to belong to a "group" that he allowed himself to ignore all of the Survivor lessons from seasons past.  He so wanted to be a part of the cool Survivor legends group that he fell for a legendary blunder-believing someone who wanted his advantage.  As a side note-he's not the only male survivor this year who is trying to imitate Malcolm's flowing locks...

Now we know why the blue tribe sat out Heather whenever possible.  They have Danny (former NFL) so I guess it balances out.  Oh, and all of this "I want to play the game so let's throw the challenge" is nothing but arrogant.  Don't worry-you'll lose at one point and if not, YOU may be one of the first to go after the merge so you will get your chance to "play."  And what does that even mean-"play the game"?  If you're not losing you're making alliances, deciding your strategy, etc.  That's all part of the game.

Shan annoys me as she came way too hard at Genie (IMO) just like I didn't like how she went after JD last week.  I feel like she is trying to intimidate them.  And yes, I would say the same thing if she was a male.  I like strategy and manipulation but I don't like the yell and intimidate strategy.  

• Love 5

I give Shan this: I thought she was just puffing herself up during her first TH when she was saying she'll have no problem cutting anyone, but she meant it.  It's probably to her detriment though, JD was obviously loyal to a fault.  Not smart to cut someone like that.  Shrewd?  Yes.  Smart?  No.  I am glad that Genie got to stay though. 

Before Shan gets too full of herself she needs to realize that there is a lot of luck involved in Survivor.  Number one being who you wind up on a tribe with.  Replace JD with someone else and her antics could have very easily got her the boot.  Someone who outright scolds you for not sharing information, only to later (and only because they are losing their cool with someone else) admit they've not shared information is strike one.  Demanding you show your loyalty twice by putting yourself in danger, while never doing anything to show their loyalty, skip straight to strike 3.  The only reason she is running things over there is because she straight-up lucked her way into a dumb tribe. 

Edited by eskimo
to clarify
  • Love 10

Almost wasn't going to post because I just watched now and am a day behind but I was so livid I had to.

Challenge Throwers need to be EJECTED from the game because it violates the SPIRIT of the game. At the very least there should be something in place that Probst can expose them to the other players and a mini-tribal could be held and some severe punishment/penatlty heaped upon anyone participating. If its the whole team except the person they want to boot some other penalty should be inccurred. It's just so lame....I hate challenge throwers! It wasn't even a good reason for throwing it.

Nothing makes me sadder than when someone like Erica puts their trust in the WRONG person and are betrayed.

Survivor 41 is NOT the most Survivialist season. I would go with Season 2 with a camp washed away in a flood along with the rice. They were starving and that was real surviving.

Yes Sydney you a re beautiful but if you brag about being good looking that also makes you insufferable.

Xander reduced to a bit player with no lines.

Did not miss the hike up the hill and the confusion wheel o' choices.

Why cant Prick-ard and his smug face ever be a viable option to boot?

Shan is the sort of person that gives herself a nickname. She can take her dumb villain music anytime and get off my screen. 

I really hope that Genie takes out both Rickard, and Shan. That'll knock the smug right out of them. 

Blonde visor lady has a name, it's Heather, and balls and ropes are her nemeses. What a painfully awkward way to finally be introduced to the audience. I would bury myself in the sand and die of shame. 

What can you say about JD? Moron, idiot, dumb ass, stupid pirate hair? I like him but how can you say that you don't want to be the guy that's voted off Survivor for making a dumb move, and then proceed to make said dumb move? I guess JD is the reason school had DARE programs because he's that kid on the playground who ends up getting peer pressured. I would have kicked sand in Shan's face for even suggesting I should hand over my advantage. It's a game (which JD should know since he's a super fan and all) not a competition to prove to your toxic bestie that you really do think that overalls were a good choice to wear on an island. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Season 2 with a camp washed away in a flood along with the rice.

OMG.  I will never forget Tina literally risking her life crawling out on the log in the raging, flooded, river to retrieve the bag of rice snagged on a branch.   She deserved to win for that alone.  That was some stressful viewing!

• Love 7

A few notes:

• Shan’s little “evil song” was cute - the first time; the next half-dozen times, not so much.  Drop it, please.
  • Good thing Yellow Tribe wasn’t given a pot this season, else turtle soup would’ve been on the menu that night.
  • Tiff’s RC performance was a perfect illustration that even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then.
  • When someone asks you to let them hold your idol/advantage/etc. as a “sign of trust”, they’ve just identified themselves as someone you specifically should NOT trust. The only reason someone would ask such is to deprive you of its use - more specifically, its use at TC - so why would they want to do that?  Hmmmm… real head-scratcher, that.  🙄
  • When Shan went off on Genie with her gawdawful condescending “I’m gonna squash this” rant - was anybody else besides me hoping and praying Genie would go right back at Shan with “Hey boo, why the fuck should I believe a damn thing coming out of your mouth NOW?”
  • Sydney thinks she’s all that and a bag of chips?  I’ll agree with her - so far as the bag part goes, anyway.  Syd is Parvati v2.0 only in the sense that Syd is shallow.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, Valerie said:

My mom and I were laughing out loud during the slow cuts to Deshawn and Danny looking horrified that they couldn't even throw the challenge thanks to Naseer going beast mode.

Me too! And I was picturing him watching from home, gloating and being hyped up by his friends and family, especially because of the slow-mo and the audio effects that really made him seem beast-mode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2