Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Seed Money

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Max struggles with a new fiscal reality at the hospital. Dr. Sharpe is on a mission to provide follow-up cancer screenings for patients before it's too late. Bloom grapples with Dr. Shinwari's new overnight schedule.

Original airdate 10/12

Karen crushed it tonight. 

”Put on some sunscreen and come sit on the sunny side”

”I don’t care if it takes a thumb war.”

”This isn’t the last few minutes of a sample sale!” 

Oh Karen. She is totally over all the antics. Can she please have her own show? 

Fuentes is too ice queen for me. I just can’t get into her. And her heels seem even higher than Helen’s. How do you walk around a hospital like that? 

Oh good. Next week’s promo is about Floyd and Lyn who nobody cares about. Compelling. That’ll get me to tune in. /s Her husband has to be the dumbest doctor in NA at this point, which is a hard title to claim. Out of all the storylines the show could go with I don’t understand why this relationship is being pushed so hard. And Floyd, you and Lyn do not have a “vibe” that makes anyone care about your relationship.

Helen totally went full-on Max cause of the week with the cancer screening storyline. What was even the point? How does NA even have the resources for all of that if they’re that far in the financial home? 

This was a really good show the first two seasons. It’s now like they’re trying to be canceled. 

Max’s little How Can I Help box looks like something Luna made in daycare. 

Iggy was at least normal this week.

I am not into Lauren’s codependency and panicking about Leyla not being on the same shift as her. I get that she’s an addict but I guess that’s how over the show I am. Lauren it is fine and healthy for couples not to be joined at the hip 24/7. You’ll manage. Did you think you both worked 9-5 jobs? 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 6

I wish they hadn’t made Fuentes a demon to contrast with Max the saint. 
If I had been that EMT that Bloom screamed at to get that guy’s bicycle, I would have told Bloom to go f**k herself. Bloom isn’t her boss. 🖕🏻

• Love 10

I didn't think much of this episode, haven't seen the promo for the next, really hate the Floyd and married Doctor, I don't even know her name and don't really care. 

However, as everything else is going to crap, I am surprisingly looking forward to whatever Max and Helen can get up to in the next 5 weeks. 

The only other thing that jumped out at me was did I see the young doctor who replaced Kapoor tonight? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

If I had been that EMT that Bloom screamed at to get that guy’s bicycle, I would have told Bloom to go f**k herself. Bloom isn’t her boss.

That was nuts! Poor girl looked terrified. Overall Bloom was ridiculous this episode. For me she's borderline restraining order. Lol

• Love 7

Am I supposed to hate Fuentes for being mean to Max?  Because her pointing out just how ridiculous he is made me LOL.  Her rant about the lobby with the plaques and the poems was great.  I don't know why, but I kind of loved Helen Maxing it up.    

• Love 5
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Am I supposed to hate Fuentes for being mean to Max?  Because her pointing out just how ridiculous he is made me LOL.  Her rant about the lobby with the plaques and the poems was great.  I don't know why, but I kind of loved Helen Maxing it up.    

I don’t like Fuentes, but she did have a point when she said “Your lobby looks like a progressive piñata exploded.” 

The show’s big mistake is this whole London plotline. It’s not as if Ryan and/or Freema are leaving the show so to act like they’re never coming back is beyond contrived at this point. 

Still waiting for “more joy.” Because I’m not getting any from watching this. I just decided to give up another show (Ordinary Joe) this week so I hate to stop NA too, but it’s getting way too cringey. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

The show’s big mistake is this whole London plotline. It’s not as if Ryan and/or Freema are leaving the show so to act like they’re never coming back is beyond contrived at this point. 

Still waiting for “more joy.” Because I’m not getting any from watching this.

Feel exactly the same.  This storyline has just thrown off the enter season, imo.   Not certain what Karen is really up to as she's shutting down everything Max says (is she posturing in front of Fuentes an/or giving Max this indifferent vibe because she has something else up her sleeve?) And when did the hospital get so in debt ($21M/qtr.}  I though they were at least barely in the black (though that was mentioned in a previous episode)!   Fuentes, of course, is the antagonist too Max's protagonist but I hope it doesn't become too over the top.

Sadly, I guess the "more joy" is a *process*🙄😉😢

I am still undecided on this episode (whether I liked it or hated it).  There were a few funny bits but overall, I was just left "empty" after watching.   Will be interesting to see what type of "good trouble" Sharpwin gets into over the next 5 weeks.   

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Oh good. Next week’s promo is about Floyd and Lyn who nobody cares about. Compelling. That’ll get me to tune in. /s Her husband has to be the dumbest doctor in NA at this point, which is a hard title to claim. Out of all the storylines the show could go with I don’t understand why this relationship is being pushed so hard. And Floyd, you and Lyn do not have a “vibe” that makes anyone care about your relationship.

Think I mentioned it on this board a couple weeks ago.   I figured that Claude knew Floyd was the "other man" by the questions he asked in the OR that day--Floyd looking all sad, upset and pathetic 🙄  And how in the hell does Lyn have so much free time to be with Floyd?  Does her husband travel extensively?  All 3 work at the hospital so it seems odd she can spend the night, attend "Harvest Festival", etc., without the husband knowing?  And yep, no vibe, chemistry or attraction (even the physical is boring!)

I abhor this storyline.  If they wanted Floyd out of his comfort zone/show "growth", why not involve him with a single parent, a divorced woman, etc., (not that anything's wrong with either) but since Floyd has this sacrosanct image of and cherishes family and marriage, why would he become involved with a married woman? And you know his mother wouldn't approve; look at the hard time she gave Evie.  This is just STUPID and they need to END IT NOW.

• Love 10

So many weird, weird things in this episode. I will try to rank them in most ludicrous to still pretty darn ludicrous...

1. Kao's plot about how there had to be a new head of neurology as of course she couldn't do it past an interim basis, as she had only just finished up her schooling and obviously you would never give a doctor in her position the head of a department, as it wouldn't be fair to ANYONE, including her...whoops, nope, she's now the head of neurology.

2. Bloom being a total dick to an EMT, who is NOT HER EMPLOYEE, and forcing her to get her patient's bike. She certainly could have ASKED if she wanted a FAVOR, but instead, she screamed an order at someone who did not work for her. Bizarre.

3. Bloom suddenly having a thick "Noo Yawk" accent at times. The actress is British, so I guess she just fucked up her accent at times, but it's SO distinct that I don't get how she could accidentally do it. Too weird.

4. Anyone, even Max, putting up with a situation where they were still the medical director but had to get all of their decisions for the next five weeks approved by the person who would be succeeding them. That's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works. There is no one who would put up with a situation like that. It's absurd. 

5. Floyd and Lyn's whole relationship. It's an open marriage, and Lyn can fuck whoever she wants, but she also keeps it a secret who she's fucking, even when she's been fucking the other guy for MONTHS? And Floyd just, what, assumes that her husband will never find out that his wife is fucking his underling?  I am no expert on polyamory, but I am about 99% certain that that is not how this works at all. It's all so dumb.

6. The idea that anyone would actually miss Iggy as a therapist.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 11

Was I supposed to care that Bloom misses her girlfriend? She should consider herself grateful she got away with bribing someone to get Leyla a spot in her hospital and department. Now having her in NYC with her isn't good enough, she needs to have the same hours. I am hoping this is actually going somewhere and Leyla will eventually find out the depths Bloom will go to in order to be with her. I suspect Leyla won't be thrilled when she finds out.

I don't hate Fuentes, yet. Max is all heart and no business. His model of just doing stuff, just because it is the right thing to do, isn't sustainable in a leadership role. Hospitals do have budgets. A really good Hospital Director would actually be somewhere in-between Max and Fuentes. Savvy about budgeting and facts, but determined to do the most good possible with the resources available.

I appreciated Iggy not being a pain in the butt this week. It feels like it's been awhile since that has happened.

Finally Floyd, I have been assuming his relationship isn't as open as he thinks. I am just going to keep assuming that....

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Was I supposed to care that Bloom misses her girlfriend?

Well, they pointed out that her reaction to Leyla being gone (which, by the way, was totally a way to save money and not pay the actress for the episode, right?) was abnormal, suggesting that her addictive personality was beginning to treat Leyla like drugs. So if we're interested in Bloom (which is a big if, I know) then I think it's a fair enough story. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Was I supposed to care that Bloom misses her girlfriend?...Now having her in NYC with her isn't good enough, she needs to have the same hours.

She sounds like a teenager at an after school job that she works with her high school sweetheart. Does she not remember how med school/residency actually work?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What is going on with these medical shows?  Is the same guy writing for three of them with this money-managing, ball busting corporate freaks?  It’s just too weird that 3 shows have the same stuff happening.  

Bloom is such a turn off, and is a total bitch.  No need to scream at the EMT just because she’s not getting enough nookie at the time she wants it——basically in a broom closet in the ER.  

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Bloom is such a turn off, and is a total bitch

I haven't watched the episode yet but in general I don't think she is a bitch, just extremely annoying, the type of person I would not want in my life at all.  I was neutral towards her in the first season but this sentiment has gone downhill ever since. One of the worst characters ever written, imo

It also doesn't help that the shallow in me has a big problem with her face, which makes it hard for me to even watch her scenes.

And Max, you don't just 'build a grocery store'.   A food co-op where people have to put in hours would make more sense as it would build a sense of community.  Actually they could put it in New Amsterdam, aren't they always finding unused floors?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, cathmed said:

Feel exactly the same.  This storyline has just thrown off the enter season, imo.   Not certain what Karen is really up to as she's shutting down everything Max says (is she posturing in front of Fuentes an/or giving Max this indifferent vibe because she has something else up her sleeve?) And when did the hospital get so in debt ($21M/qtr.}  I though they were at least barely in the black (though that was mentioned in a previous episode)!   Fuentes, of course, is the antagonist too Max's protagonist but I hope it doesn't become too over the top.

I wonder if they are doing something where Karen hired this new woman (an anti-Max) to convince Max not to leave?

I kind of hope not, but they do need to have Max change his mind at some point, since he's the star.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I wonder if they are doing something where Karen hired this new woman (an anti-Max) to convince Max not to leave?

I kind of hope not, but they do need to have Max change his mind at some point, since he's the star.

It's gotta be something like that, yeah. 

And wow, that'd be quite the game of Chicken by her, huh?

13 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I don’t like Fuentes, but she did have a point when she said “Your lobby looks like a progressive piñata exploded.” 

I was wondering: "Are we supposed to hate her because she rightly pointed out that Max's idea to build a grocery store was ridiculous?"  I don't understand his comment that Fuentes was going to sell New Amsterdam for parts.  It isn't as though she can act unilaterally, and it's a public hospital, so she's fairly circumscribed in how big of changes she can actually make.    

• Love 1

I am pretty sure that the patient has to agree to have his leg amputated. If he does not give consent you can’t just wheel him into the OR and amputate. 
People have the right to refuse treatment. If he didn’t want amputation they would have to try antibiotics and wound dressings. They can just wheel him into the OR and amputate. 
just like a  Jehovah Witness person can refuse a  blood transfusion even if it means death.

good or bad, people still have control over their bodies.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I am pretty sure that the patient has to agree to have his leg amputated. If he does not give consent you can’t just wheel him into the OR and amputate. 
People have the right to refuse treatment. If he didn’t want amputation they would have to try antibiotics and wound dressings. They can just wheel him into the OR and amputate. 
just like a  Jehovah Witness person can refuse a  blood transfusion even if it means death.

good or bad, people still have control over their bodies.

I think you are right, but I think if you give consent to surgery you are also giving them consent to do whatever it takes to save your life. And if you are unconscious and can't give consent, a doctor will try to save your life unless you specifically have a DNR or something.

I wasn't paying super close attention so I didn't catch why they needed to amputate or if they were going to try something else first. We saw him saying he didn't want to lose his leg and being wheeled off, but I assume there was more of an examination and conversation between that and the leg being cut off that we didn't see. 

• Love 1

what was with the seeds? i was muted at that point, the story was so ridiculous.  and yeah, i think dr. reynold's squeeze was straight up cheating o on her husband, not in any kind of 'arrangement'.  Like why haven't we seen him since he hired reynolds?  very fishy

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think you are right, but I think if you give consent to surgery you are also giving them consent to do whatever it takes to save your life. And if you are unconscious and can't give consent, a doctor will try to save your life unless you specifically have a DNR or something.

I wasn't paying super close attention so I didn't catch why they needed to amputate or if they were going to try something else first. We saw him saying he didn't want to lose his leg and being wheeled off, but I assume there was more of an examination and conversation between that and the leg being cut off that we didn't see. 

I don’t know if he gave consent for surgery though. He was wheeled away screamingly for help. He didn’t even want to go to the hospital in the first place. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I don’t know if he gave consent for surgery though. He was wheeled away screamingly for help. He didn’t even want to go to the hospital in the first place. 

Well, if he really didn't give consent, he could probably sue.

I had very minor surgery a couple of years ago and I had to sign a ton of forms. And every time a new person interacted with me they made me say my name and what type of surgery I was having done. I guess to make sure I still agreed and there was no mix up? It would be way to boring to show that stuff on TV though, which is why I assume everyone consents offscreen unless we're told they didn't.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I wasn't paying super close attention so I didn't catch why they needed to amputate or if they were going to try something else first.

He had a wound on his leg that had become badly infected and was down to the bone when they tried to debreed it.  They likely had no choice but to amputate because the wound wound only get worse.  

• Useful 1

let's see what happens this week

uhhh isn't max part of the board? oh wait but he doesn't go to the meetings so he wouldn't have known

a tract of land worth 10 million? so it's a postage stamp in size

since I am from NJ, I was deeply invested in what kind of bagel Bloom got her girlfriend. It looks like a plain bagel, definitely doesn't look like one from a bagel place, probably a Thomas's bagel. those monsters

why would they have the shift schedule prominent displayed in the patient area of the ER

and that is why her girlfriend should not work for her, she changes the schedule

god Reynolds relationship is so annoying

um why would those people not be patients? they got mammos at new amsterdam, were told to come in for more testing, they are patients
of those ideas for the size of land, Bloom's urgent care sounds like the best one along with Reynolds suggestion for elective surgery center

yup, that's a small tract of land

looks like the community needs a community health center with a variety of doctors and an urgent care

Sharpe, I imagine Dr. Radiology's letter is approved by legal and it will take a few months to get another letter approved

that is a *lot* of pills, holy crap

Reynolds, it isn't "best" to call in a psychiatric evaluation, you are literally required to call one in

ok so it's a food desert, is max going to suggest they build New Amsterdam Grocery And Urgent Care?

wait bloom why did you try to debride his foot without at *least* giving him lidocaine

and does he even have an IV in? he should be getting saline at least

um bloom I do not think you can order EMTs around like that

that guy was yelling that he does not want his foot removed, he was concious and able to consent, so you can't remove that foot

reynolds you have to order a psych eval, you cannot "decide to" order one

oh my god Sharpe and the boxes of paper is just such a dumb plotline

wow sharpe, leaving Iggy with that?

yes bloom you should be contemplating your actions with your girlfriend

iggy? are you being helpful?
reynolds are you taking the entirely wrong meaning out of what Iggy is telling you? Are you Lucifer and his therapist? or are you going to talk to the parents

wait..what...HOW DID ALL OF THOSE WOMEN GET LETTERS WITHIN A FEW HOURS

wait, so they were *EMAILED* and all of them printed out the letters? WHY

how is new amsterdam losing 84 mil a year - i imagine that is happening at other hospitals in this universe too. In our universe, Bellevue has a net income of 32 million a year - https://www.ahd.com/free_profile/330204/NYC_Health_%2B_Hospitals_Bellevue/New_York/New_York/

um, I don't think she can sell the land that was donated to the hospital - i bet it had a lot of strings attached, and how would she get an offer so quick and HOW WOULD THEY BUILD A FACTORY ON THAT SMALL PIECE OF LAND

ok i keep laughing at the surname of the parents of the black kid - Logendorfer, did the writers room try to think of a ridiculous last name for this plotline? How long did it take the actors to remember how to pronounce?

i'm guessing less than 2 episodes before iggy goes back to therapizing

SHARPE HOW DID YOU EMAIL THOUSANDS WHEN THEY WEREN'T EVEN IN YOUR SYSTEM

max, if she tried to sell that hospital the city would be like "what the hell, no" and if they didn't step in, the governor would

um so 2 minutes left in the episode, right before max says "I think you nailed it" I think there might be an editing issue - why does it start with max looking up, then looking the side with a huge smile on his side, then looking at Sharpe?

ok so before this "going to London" plot I was still watching and had some enjoyment, but now I am just bored watching it

okay, so who is the WORST DOCTOR?

I think it has to be Sharpe, for terrifying thousands of people!

21 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I liked that too. Painting slogans without changing the whole system does nothing for the people. It is just signal boosting. Typical neoliberal sidestep to avoid doing what needs to be done to fix things. But Fuentes was wrong to bring Bernie into it. Bernie would be enacting a general strike for better conditions.

I actually think the whole dialogue was a good indictment on the absurdity of the American "healthcare" system.

8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I was wondering: "Are we supposed to hate her because she rightly pointed out that Max's idea to build a grocery store was ridiculous?"  I don't understand his comment that Fuentes was going to sell New Amsterdam for parts.  It isn't as though she can act unilaterally, and it's a public hospital, so she's fairly circumscribed in how big of changes she can actually make.    

Fuentes cannot act unilaterally but the hospital can be "sold for parts". It is happening all over rural areas where corporations are buying small county hospitals and clinics and denying care because it is not profitable. She can convince the board to partner with corporations to make the hospital profitable and the board would go with it, just to take the load off their backs and pretend they are doing good. Something similar is happening in the UK with the once excellent NHS. It is slowly being privatized and the quality of care is declining. If it is happening to a whole system, in a whole country/Commonwealth, then you bet it can happen to a running-in-the-red hospital. Don't ever doubt the greed and evilness of corporations.

The whole idea of giving seeds to the guy so the residents can invade a private property and create a garden is not only useless, it is cruel. Imagine that they actually do that without any real investment, since it looks like the area is poor and neglected. Imagine they succeed and the garden produces good vegetables and feed people, even though it is a small parcel for all the people. Imagine that after a while that population's health improves (it is New Amsterdam, so roll with me). Awesome! But not even a TV show can escape the reality that a big chain who runs cheap food places will just allow them to stay there. They would have bulldozers on the site in no time. Cruel. 

Like everyone here, I don't know why we have to endure Floyd's adventures in polyamory. And Lauren can also go on some forced vacation. I am pretty sure paramedics are not employed by a hospital, but by the city/county, so that medica should just give Lauren the finger and turned around.

• Love 1

The 'community garden' is not a bad idea, but this is NYC.  So even if they get the garden going, the growing season is very short.  You'll have fresh veggies for 3 months out of the year, unless you get into canning (tomatoes) or pickling (cucumbers, etc.) which is not so different from what you can get at the corner store.  

To me the more compelling story was the young dancer. Stick to stories like that, Reynolds, nobody cares about your relationship.  Which I still say she's cheating, and not in an 'open' relationship with her husband.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, judyri said:

The 'community garden' is not a bad idea, but this is NYC.  So even if they get the garden going, the growing season is very short.  You'll have fresh veggies for 3 months out of the year, unless you get into canning (tomatoes) or pickling (cucumbers, etc.) which is not so different from what you can get at the corner store.  

Community gardens that have funding also have more resources and can build greenhouses. But yes, it is limited in places like NYC, and it is not just throwing seeds on the ground and the produce will grow. Typical New Amsterdam, good ideas, bad solutions. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, judyri said:

To me the more compelling story was the young dancer. Stick to stories like that, Reynolds, nobody cares about your relationship.  Which I still say she's cheating, and not in an 'open' relationship with her husband.

Floyd is legitimately the only person who thinks he and his married lover have “a vibe.” I don’t know if the actress who plays Lyn is just mediocre or what, but they say their lines like they’re putting the bare minimum effort into their scenes. It’s not even compelling. They talk about their relationship and interact like they’re discussing buying cat food at Walmart. 

I watch this with a friend and she said next week’s promo is like Floyd getting the result of “play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”

Word to the posters above who think Lauren is ridiculous too. She really should not be the head of the ED if she can’t handle her girlfriend working a different shift than her.

• Love 7

The guy just had his leg amputated. You really think he is going to be able to go out and plant a garden?

He has months of healing ahead of him. Not to mention obtaining and learning to use a prosthetic limb. Assuming he can afford one. Considering he can't manage his diabetes he has a long road a head of him. 

• Love 6
On 10/13/2021 at 8:42 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

I have seen that theory about Karen suggested in a couple other places, but also an interview with the showrunner who is saying that Helen and Max are indeed going to London, but I can’t find the link at the moment. 

I found a link to the showrunner talking about it. I have no idea how trustworthy he's been in the past, but I don't believe they'll have more than a couple episodes of Max in London. 

• Love 1
On 10/12/2021 at 9:21 PM, ams1001 said:

Okay, I think I'm officially out. I just watched the first few minutes and just couldn't.

This is funny because I was the same!  I saw the beginning when he was acting like a child when everyone was rushing up to her and I just couldn't!  Came here to get a recap.  

At this point I fail to see how anyone could "ship" Max with any woman.  He comes across as a confused puppy dog with manic energy and that is ruining the show.  Add to I am not interested in Floyd, Iggy or Bloom, and yeah.....

• Love 1
19 hours ago, circumvent said:

I liked that too. Painting slogans without changing the whole system does nothing for the people. It is just signal boosting. Typical neoliberal sidestep to avoid doing what needs to be done to fix things. But Fuentes was wrong to bring Bernie into it. Bernie would be enacting a general strike for better conditions.

I actually think the whole dialogue was a good indictment on the absurdity of the American "healthcare" system.

Fuentes cannot act unilaterally but the hospital can be "sold for parts". It is happening all over rural areas where corporations are buying small county hospitals and clinics and denying care because it is not profitable. She can convince the board to partner with corporations to make the hospital profitable and the board would go with it, just to take the load off their backs and pretend they are doing good. Something similar is happening in the UK with the once excellent NHS. It is slowly being privatized and the quality of care is declining. If it is happening to a whole system, in a whole country/Commonwealth, then you bet it can happen to a running-in-the-red hospital. Don't ever doubt the greed and evilness of corporations.

The whole idea of giving seeds to the guy so the residents can invade a private property and create a garden is not only useless, it is cruel. Imagine that they actually do that without any real investment, since it looks like the area is poor and neglected. Imagine they succeed and the garden produces good vegetables and feed people, even though it is a small parcel for all the people. Imagine that after a while that population's health improves (it is New Amsterdam, so roll with me). Awesome! But not even a TV show can escape the reality that a big chain who runs cheap food places will just allow them to stay there. They would have bulldozers on the site in no time. Cruel. 

Like everyone here, I don't know why we have to endure Floyd's adventures in polyamory. And Lauren can also go on some forced vacation. I am pretty sure paramedics are not employed by a hospital, but by the city/county, so that medica should just give Lauren the finger and turned around.

1. Yup, he'd push for a general strike

2. The difference is that NA can't be bought - it's publicly owned. In real life, Bellevue has a leadership team, then they have people above them at NY Health & Hospitals - first the senior execs, then the NY H&H board

• Love 1
6 hours ago, catrice2 said:

At this point I fail to see how anyone could "ship" Max with any woman.  He comes across as a confused puppy dog with manic energy and that is ruining the show.  Add to I am not interested in Floyd, Iggy or Bloom, and yeah.....

Hey, I’ve seen worse characters on TV who should not be shipped with anyone (*cough* Abby Lockhart from ER *cough*), so at least I can understand why Max is made out to be a suitor. He’s good looking and does have a good heart even if he is always coming up with ridiculous causes. It was the way Helen was initially written this year with her making out with Max and being in love and then complaining she was making a mistake that seemed absurd. But at least the writers stopped that flip-flopping for her this week. 

Ryan Eggold is a good actor and I know this shitshow isn’t his fault; he can only do what he’s given. I don’t blame Max for ruining the show; I blame the writers for performing as if they want to be canceled. 

I’m not sure if Fuentes is supposed to stick around all season, but at this point, I feel like Max and Helen won’t make it to London or will be gone for about a week/one episode before they decide they miss NA too much and decide to return.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I’m not sure if Fuentes is supposed to stick around all season, but at this point, I feel like Max and Helen won’t make it to London or will be gone for about a week/one episode before they decide they miss NA too much and decide to return.

I'm thinking Fuentes will end up doing something where she gets terminated, or there's a staff revolt where they want Max back and there's a mass walkout, and they go "MAX, WE NEEED YOU!"

• Useful 1
On 10/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, ams1001 said:

Okay, I think I'm officially out. I just watched the first few minutes and just couldn't.

I made it to Reynolds declaring what's her face is his lover from a poly relationship. The show has absolutely ruined him. 

I have zero issue with poly but what they're doing is NOT how poly works. If it was truly poly, then her husband would know and also be part of the relationship. This is an affair and frankly it's insulting to people who do practice poly. 

Off to finish the thread to see if I should finish the rest of the episode. 

• Love 3
On 10/13/2021 at 7:20 AM, Cloud9Shopper said:

Still waiting for “more joy.” Because I’m not getting any from watching this. I just decided to give up another show (Ordinary Joe) this week so I hate to stop NA too, but it’s getting way too cringey. 

I’m struggling with Ordinary Joe too.  What’s going on?  

I'm working from home today, so I'm getting caught up on multiple episodes. This may have been one of the most nauseating episodes I've ever endured. Max is an idiot, an overgrown boy scout who thinks he can get woke enough to fix the world's problems with someone else's money. I'm supposed to hate the person who tells him the harsh truth about himself? Nah. I'm on her side.

I know someone else said it, but I'd like to echo it. If an ER doctor ever yelled at an EMT like that to go pick up a bicycle, I think the EMT would most likely tell them where to park the damn bike.