Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
raven

S02.E03: Exit Wounds

Recommended Posts

Quote

An attempted grift leads to a precarious situation. As Huck readjusts to her old life, she's given an ultimatum.

AMC+ airdate: 2021.10.10    AMC airdate: 2021.10.17

Be mindful if you participate in the Live Posting Topic - that topic will follow the show as it airs on AMC, so AMC+ viewers will be one episode ahead.  DO NOT SPOIL those who are watching on AMC.

Share this post


Link to post

Elton has managed to age 5 years in a few days. And we finally see that his fancy suit is actually bite proof, just before he is literally stripped of it lol. Good to see Percy is still an a-hole. Of course one of those kids the guys came across has to have a fancy way of killing undead. What's wrong with a good old bullet/arrow or knife to the head? Guess that got boring for the writers years ago, gotta kill the zombies with style now or bust.

And the new kids are pulling a Hershel or Siddiq about the zombies still having something human in them or whatever. And hearing the showrunner talk about it after that 'someone came up with this and went huh, interesting' made me roll my eyes hardcore. You idiot were on the WD main show so you should know we have been here already. Geez this nonsensical filler is nonsensical.

They had the entire first Season to waste on this teenage stuff so why continue with it now in this last Season? You get a love interest and you get a love interest, oh and you get a love interest and you over there get one too. Jesus can we stop? That Jenga scene is in the same vein, stop it already with this filler nonsense. Hope and her love interest (possible CRM spy like Leo's girlfriend) having a science-off was at least interesting, give me more science damn it.

Unlike Iris at least Hope is smart about the CRM. Observe, check them out, familiarize yourself with the layout/security etc. because recon is necessary. Seeing the scene between Iris and Hope in the trailer for next week...I just can't with Iris. Her and Percy really belong together because they are both hotheaded idiots. I get Percy is pissed and wants revenge but geez dude, bigger picture. Same with Iris killing the CRM soldier.

Hucks redemption path is going to be rocky as hell. Her guilt makes it impossible to be with her boyfriend/husband, mommy is definitely on to her (that perimeter guard knew something was up), Percy wants to get stabby with her and Felix will definitely have some 'words' with her as well.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, Smad said:

stop it already with this filler nonsense

So much filler and talking for a limited series. Almost makes you think they really don't have much material. 

Huck's definitely dying heroically at the end of this. Was her boyfriend in that group who shot all those innocent people last season? I barely remember anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

So much filler and talking for a limited series. Almost makes you thing they really don't have much material. 

Gimple is all over this show, sadly. Or Negrete studied too long under him and repeats the same mistakes. If they had actually made a show about CRM, there is plenty to explore in a 2 Season event.

2 hours ago, Superclam said:

Huck's definitely dying heroically at the end of this. Was her boyfriend in that group who shot all those innocent people last season? I barely remember anything.

The show was never clear about what her relationship with her spotter was. Sure he kind of came on to her in the bar but that might just be the typical cocky soldier attitude. But she killed him just like all the others in her unit.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Smad said:

The show was never clear about what her relationship with her spotter was. Sure he kind of came on to her in the bar but that might just be the typical cocky soldier attitude. But she killed him just like all the others in her unit.

No, I mean the guy who is Silas' boss, and who was making her dinner. Have we seen him before? I remember so little of last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Superclam said:

No, I mean the guy who is Silas' boss, and who was making her dinner. Have we seen him before? I remember so little of last season. 

No, he was never mentioned or seen in S1. Just introduced this Season because we don't have enough romance filler already I guess.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!  I have a question:   I have never been able to pass thru the S01E01 episode, but I have heard (Hello OoohMaggie!)  that it is essential to watch everything until this episode to have a grasp of the hole picture of the three shows.

Should I do that or am I going to turn insane?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Essential? Like you might die? No. 

I know @BasilSeal covered this on the FTWD thread, but here's my two cents:

They might be leading into something with the Commonwealth on TWD and the CRM on WB. We all know that

Spoiler

Jadis/Anne is going to be on WB,

so there's some tie in. Does that tie in to the Rick Movies that are Definitely Going to Happen? (tm BasilSeal) Maybe. So if you really believe that there's going to be some satisfying conclusion, that this whole thing will make some sense in the end, then you should at least read the synopsis of WB. I choose to believe this, even though I know there's no chance in that happening or in the Rick movies ever coming out. 

Shit, I just depressed myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, Superclam said:

No, I mean the guy who is Silas' boss, and who was making her dinner. Have we seen him before? I remember so little of last season. 

He's some bolt on lurve interest for Huck but he's also part of Huck's past and somehow connected to The Bad Thing That Is Spoken Of But Never Explained, which Huck did, but which they never explain.

We don't know what The Bad Thing was yet, all we know is Huck's punishment was to be pulled from front line storm trooper duty blowing up their allies' communities and impaling innocent civilians on those nifty spike gun things they carry, and being placed on apocalyptic child minding duties instead. discount Tim Roth seems to have suffered a similar fate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Superclam said:

so there's some tie in. Does that tie in to the Rick Movies that are Definitely Going to Happen? (tm BasilSeal) Maybe. So if you really believe that there's going to be some satisfying conclusion, that this whole thing will make some sense in the end, then you should at least read the synopsis of WB. I choose to believe this, even though I know there's no chance in that happening or in the Rick movies ever coming out. 

Agreed, there's got to be some tie in between the shows, the question is how this plays out and whether it's predicated on leaving some issues unresolved in order to facilitate TRMWADGTH.

When the comic ended...

Spoiler

they time jumped forward 20 years to show the society the survivors were building, they can't really do this with the TV show because if everything is sorted 20 years down the line, what will happen in the Rick movies?

It's possible that they intend to have everything  come to a finale together and have a cross over with Fear and TWD that ends both shows, it depends whether they want to continue with fear once the mother show had finished, which may seem a bit anticlimactic. so it could be that they intend to resolve things with the commonwealth, but there is still this other threat from the CRM, who aren't in the comics, and this will be dealt with in the rick movies Which are Definitely.. you know the drill.

pure speculation but it could be that we get an open ended finale rather than a satisfying  ending in order to leave things open for future content that is unlikely to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, BasilSeal said:

there's got to be some tie in between the shows

"got to be" is the operative phrase here. "Should be?" "Hope there is?" These are more accurate. 

24 minutes ago, BasilSeal said:

pure speculation but it could be that we get an open ended finale rather than a satisfying  ending in order to leave things open for future content that is unlikely to be made.

If I were a betting man... 

35 minutes ago, BasilSeal said:

The Bad Thing That Is Spoken Of But Never Explained, which Huck did, but which they never explain.

I thought that the bad thing was when Huck et al. shot all those innocent people in a basement. Didn't we see that in a flashback? That was my question, was Dennis (I'm embarrassed I know his name) in that group of soldiers? I don't remember and I really don't feel like going back and rewatching any of this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I thought that the bad thing was when Huck et al. shot all those innocent people in a basement. Didn't we see that in a flashback? That was my question, was Dennis (I'm embarrassed I know his name) in that group of soldiers? I don't remember and I really don't feel like going back and rewatching any of this. 

Oh, i totally missed that one, surely shooting innocent civilians is entirely on brand for the CRM though, maybe it was the wrong innocent civilians this time though, easy mistake to make really.

Edit, i remember now, that was a flashback to before the CRM when Huck was with a marine detail who were ordered to 'put down' civilians in order to contain the outbreak, wasn't it? but she can't do it and kills her fellow marines instead. 

Her and Denis talk about being pulled from front line duty because of The Bad Thing, which suggested to me that they were soldiers of the CRM and were demoted due to The Bad Thing, which in turn implies they did the Bad thing while they were serving the CRM, why would the CRM discipline them for something they did when they were in the US army? unless the CRM is  effectively a remnant of the US military (which it could be)

Edited by BasilSeal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, BasilSeal said:

Oh, i totally missed that one, surely shooting innocent civilians is entirely on brand for the CRM though, maybe it was the wrong innocent civilians this time though, easy mistake to make really.

For what is presumably a defense force, they slaughter an impressive amount of their own people. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/14/2021 at 2:54 AM, Superclam said:

They might be leading into something with the Commonwealth on TWD and the CRM on WB. We all know that

Well Gimple already let it slip in a TTD segment that the CRM will come up in S11 of TWD. To what extend we don't know. However considering the different timelines, just letting us know that already tells us that the CRM is still standing (duh!) after the events on WB. Because they will definitely save it for those Rick movies that will definitely happen and have him take it down from the inside (*rolls eyes*).

21 hours ago, Superclam said:

I thought that the bad thing was when Huck et al. shot all those innocent people in a basement. Didn't we see that in a flashback? That was my question, was Dennis (I'm embarrassed I know his name) in that group of soldiers? I don't remember and I really don't feel like going back and rewatching any of this. 

No, the bad thing hasn't been explained yet at all. And Dennis was not in Huck's unit from before the outbreak. He mentioned the olden days of being on base and him cooking and her reading the paper. Could be they were both stationed at the same place before the outbreak. Or it could refer to a CRM base. I mean the CRM has their own radio stations, wouldn't surprise me if they also had newspapers.

21 hours ago, BasilSeal said:

He's some bolt on lurve interest for Huck but he's also part of Huck's past and somehow connected to The Bad Thing That Is Spoken Of But Never Explained, which Huck did, but which they never explain.

Actually Huck didn't do the bad thing, Dennis did. From how vague Huck explained the aftermath, it sounds like whatever he did put a cramp in their relationship. That's why Huck left to do the assignment in Omaha/Campus, she was trying to come to terms with what he did. I guess she wanted some distance to figure things out. At least that's how I interpret what she said.

Edited by Smad

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smad said:

Actually Huck didn't do the bad thing, Dennis did. From how vague Huck explained the aftermath, it sounds like whatever he did put a cramp in their relationship. That's why Huck left to do the assignment in Omaha/Campus, she was trying to come to terms with what he did. I guess she wanted some distance to figure things out. At least that's how I interpret what she said.

You're right i think in that Dennis did something but then Huck covered it up, or attempted to somehow, and this has left them both in the shit with the CRM. I think it's this episode where we see Huck in front of some sort of tribunal who asses her performance on her last mission and decide she's done enough penance to be allowed back to active duty, or something. I'm sure when she met with Kublek in the last season Kublek talked about her being in bad books because of something she'd done.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BasilSeal said:

You're right i think in that Dennis did something but then Huck covered it up, or attempted to somehow, and this has left them both in the shit with the CRM. I think it's this episode where we see Huck in front of some sort of tribunal who asses her performance on her last mission and decide she's done enough penance to be allowed back to active duty, or something. I'm sure when she met with Kublek in the last season Kublek talked about her being in bad books because of something she'd done.

It was mentioned more than once last Season. We all thought it was something Huck did because her mother said 'the incident back home put your judgement into question'. Back then I thought the reveal would be something like her saving people that the CRM wanted dead (which would have been in line with her flashback episode). So we still don't know what it was Dennis did and what Huck did to, I'm guessing, help him and that's why she is also in deep waters.

But like everything with this show, the writers act like there will be more Seasons so they are vague about everything just to stretch it all out. The answers should be coming at Roadrunner speed instead of that of a snail. Why is Gimple allowed anywhere near the creative process of anything TWD related? He was kicked from TWD main and FTWD for a reason, damn it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Smad said:

But like everything with this show, the writers act like there will be more Seasons so they are vague about everything just to stretch it all out. The answers should be coming at Roadrunner speed instead of that of a snail. Why is Gimple allowed anywhere near the creative process of anything TWD related? He was kicked from TWD main and FTWD for a reason, damn it.

Word. It's like the writers withhold information for no other reason than to create some interest and tension, they seem to forget that in order for this tactic to work we first have to care about the characters in the first place.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size