Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BetterButter

Wonka (2023)

2 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

It will be interesting if they can do a darker, grittier take on the character. 

Yeah, because Wonka's always been hearts and rainbows. I hope they get into the nitty-gritty of how his business started. Trips to the bank trying to get a business loan. Trying to get TIFs and infrastructure help from the local gov't. Ruthlessly crushing the Oompa-Loompas' attempts to organize. You know, fun for the whole family!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

I wonder if they’ll show him in Loompaland with the Hornswogglers and the rotten Vermicious Knids?  And just how did he persuade the Oompa-loompas to come back with him?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I wonder if they’ll show him in Loompaland with the Hornswogglers and the rotten Vermicious Knids?  And just how did he persuade the Oompa-loompas to come back with him?

Oh that's all just PR. No such thing as Hornsogglers abs Vermicious Knids, Wonka took advantage of those poor Oompa-Loompas and their isolation to obtain cheap labor for his factory...nothing more than a sweater shop!

Plus you know he's a total Pedo.

I get that this is an origin story.  But I don't understand why we have never gotten a "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" movie.  The Johnny Depp film was a great success, how come they didn't talk about a sequel?

I have posted elsewhere here about him, but I truly do not get the hype about Timothee Chalamet.  I think he is extremely overrated and I don't understand how overnight he has become every casting director's It Boy.  There's something about him I just don't care for.  I think it is the stupid floppy hair, the doe eyes, and even the stupid spelling of his name along with the stupid accent mark.

• Like 4