Type keyword(s) to search

Inside Job - General Discussion

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

INJ_PUBLICITY_STILL_FINAL-1-copy.jpg

Inside Job       Netflix       October 22  

Being released will either be the first 10 of the 20 half-hour episodes that were commissioned.

inside-job-netflix-still-4.jpg?q=50&fit=

What if all wackiest conspiracy theories you ever stumbled upon on the internet were all true. There really are reptilians in the government. There never was a Moon landing  It is the job of one company, Cognito Inc., to keep the world from finding out the truth.

inside-job-netflix-still-5.jpg?q=50&fit=

In the world of Inside Job, conspiracies are not merely theories, they are very much part of the reality lived by our colorful cast of strange characters. Striving to keep these conspiracies a secret from the public is not at all an easy job but that’s precisely what our protagonists do as a living at Cognito Inc. In a workplace overrun with reptilian shapeshifters and psychic mushrooms, anti-social geek genius Reagan Ridley is seen by her coworkers as an odd individual for her ingrained belief that the world could be a better place. Reagan believes that her work could make a difference and bring something positive to the table.

However, her job would be way easier if her colleagues remotely shared her ambitions, and especially if she could somehow manage her deranged father and his manifesto-writing compulsions. In the midst of all this chaos, will Reagan be able to achieve the promotion she has dreamt of?

InsideJob_Part1_Episode9_00_00_19_21.jpg

inside-job-netflix-still-1.jpg?q=50&fit=

Reagan discovers that the Deep State really exists and it’s even worse than she thought. There is a chaotic shadow government ruled by mysterious overlords who control the president, whom they attempt to replace with an A.I. robot until it goes rogue. 

inside-job-netflix-social.jpg?q=50&fit=c

inside-job.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1

The story follows Cognito Inc.’s team leader, the anti-social robotic tech genius Reagan Ridley, voiced by Lizzy Caplan, who is seen as the odd one out for believing the world could be a better place.

inside-job-netflix-still-3.jpg?q=50&fit=

Christian Slater will voice Rand Ridley, Reagan’s father and the disgrace head of Cognito Inc., who was fired after a paranoid downward spiral and now spends his forced retirement plotting revenge. 

inside-job-netflix-still-7.jpg?q=50&fit=

Clark Duke is Brett Hand, recently made Reagan's Co-leader because he’s a lot more likeable and manageable than Reagan. He is lovable D.C. yes-dude whose fratboy energy is a cover for a sweet, caring guy who just wants everyone to like him.

Andrew Daly plays J.R. Scheimpough, the gazillionaire CEO, who is the head of Cognito, or is he? 

InsideJob_Part1_Episode1_00_04_50_20.jpg

Bobby Lee (Magnum P.I) plays Dr. Andre Lee, a free-spirited biochemist. 

inside-job-netflix-still-6.jpg?q=50&fit=

John DiMaggio (Futurama) is Glenn Dolphman, a half-man, half-dolphin, and 100% soldier, he is conservative war hero.

inside-job-netflix-still-8.jpg?q=50&fit=

Tisha Campbell plays Gigi Thompson, Cognito’s fast-talking Head of Media Manipulation and Subliminal Messages and behind all of the office Public Relations and gossip.

inside-job-netflix-still-2.jpg?q=50&fit=

Brett Gelman is Magic Myc, a psychic subterranean mushroom creature described as “the office dickhead that likes to get inside your head, literally” is a sentient fungus from Hollow Earth.

The character Alpha Beta is “undisclosed”.

Will Blagrove as Jay-Z?

S01.E01: Unpresidented

As Reagan prepares to replace the president with a robot, she finds her hard-earned promotion threatened by a clueless but likable new colleague.

S01.E02: Clone Gunman
When an expensive blunder forces budget cuts at Cognito Inc., J.R. orders Reagan and Brett to decide which of their co-workers should be fired.

S01.E03: Blue Bloods
After a lizard people-related PR disaster, the team must do damage control at the swanky Reptoid Gala, where — to Reagan's dismay — hugs are required.

S01.E04: Sex Machina
After Cognito Inc. buys a dating app, Reagan bets her team she can find a boyfriend — and creates a robot version of her perfect match to practice on.

S01.E05: The Brettfast Club
Brett hopes to have a blast in the past as the team embarks on a nostalgia-laced mission to a small town that's permanently stuck in the '80s.

S01.E06: My Big Flat Earth Wedding
Reagan conspires to keep her dad from finding out about her mom's wedding, while J.R. ropes Brett into a personal mission to help offload his mega-yacht.

S01.E07: Ghost Protocol
Reagan sets an elaborate plan in motion to ghost a debonair British secret agent who grows too attached after a fling.

S01.E08: Buzzkill
Desperate to get some space from her father, Reagan volunteers for a dangerous mission to the moon to make contact with a rogue colony.

S01.E09: Mole Hunt
Exciting changes are afoot at Cognito Inc., but first, Reagan and her team must find the mole behind a security breach that could take down the company.

S01.E10: Inside Reagan
To find a forgotten password and save Cognito Inc., Reagan goes deep into her mind and accesses memories from her dysfunctional childhood.

S01.E06: My Big Flat Earth Wedding and S01.E07: Ghost Protocol

I thought this somewhat 2-parter was the funniest of the portion of this series. The exploration of the James Bond myth was interesting.The flat earthers throwing their version of globes like frisbees was very funny. I thought S01.E03: Blue Bloods was also kind of funny just for all on the name dropping they did about who was a Reptilian.   

I burned through this on the plane. This was an incredible case in terms of the all the voice actors. I enjoyed it. It's really all about Rand and Reagan. 

I especially enjoyed all the Moon commune idea. I liked all the throwaway gags about conspiracies.

(edited)

I learned only recently, long after watching part 1, that Alex Hirsch is a writer and executive producer on this one. Had I known before, I wouldn't have been as surprised, that this is really, really good.

14 hours ago, marinw said:

Another good show which almost nobody watches.

Are we sure about that? Judging from the amount of youtube comments on the part 2 trailer, it seemed like a lot and Netflix reneweed it for a second season, which they don't like to do anymore.. Do you have numbers that say otherwise?

Edited by PurpleTentacle

Inside Job: Part 2    November 18           Netflix        

Episodes 1-8    Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S02.E01: How Reagan Got Her Grove Back 

With Rand back in control of Cognito Inc., Reagan gets revenge — and has a hookup — at a Burning Man-style gathering of secret societies.

S02.E02: Whoas-Feratu 

Tamiko's new beau is a Hollywood A-lister with a taste for blood, but that doesn't stop a jealous Rand from trying to break up the cozy couple.

S02.E03: Reagan & Mychelle's Hive School Reunion
Inside_Job_S2_E3_00_05_15_05.jpg
The Cognito crew plays along with Magic Myc's big lies at a class reunion until he goes too far. Meanwhile, Rand finds a gross "gift" on his desk.

S02.E04: We Found Love in a Popeless Place

Reagan has to turn the new, woke pope into a fire-and-brimstone pontiff, so she's off to Italy with a friend - and a little romance on the side.

S02.E05: Brettwork 

Brett's an overnight sensation when he sits in as the host of a right-wing TV show, but quickly becomes a political puppet gleefully controlled by Rand.

S02.E06: Rontagion
Inside_Job_S2_E6_00_13_08_02.jpg
Now that she's sleeping with the Illuminati, Reagan decides it's time for the Cognito Inc. gang to meet Ron and persuade him to jump ship.

S02.E07: Project Reboot 

Rand unleashes Project Reboot as the Cognito co-workers learn about their alternate lives - and how a tin foil hat can actually come in handy.

S02.E08: Appleton

(Season Finale)

With Cognito under new leadership, Reagan meets with the Robes who If you guys had one wish, what would it be?

From the reunion - "Hive mind. Like Marvel fans". The name tags were "the Loud One; Man-child; Alpha Sister Wife." 

The opening theme goes by fast, but it's really busy. They have the faked moon landing, Myc with primates like 2001, Rand on the beach with Tupac, Elvis, and Steve Jobs. 

Gigi's magazine in the break room had a headline about DiCaprio from the Keanu episode.
From the Rome episode - Reagan's robot arms are making cliche Italian gestures. Which I do all the time. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

Brett's episode running for office was ridiculously good satire. Reagan tried to get him scandalized with a dominatrix, and he ended up unionizing sex workers. 

The convenience store is called Nine Eleven. Not to be outdone by *many* Hitler clones. 

Cher-nobyl. Brilliant. Daria is perfect for Reagan. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1

I just found this on Netflix and have been watching for the past week and find it really enjoyable. Just finished the Hive reunion episode. One thing for me is the voice actor for Reagan when she speaks I can't help but hear Paget Brewster narrating an episode of Drunk History half the time.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Reagan is voiced by Lizzy Caplan. So, actually kind of close. I keep thinking Richard Kind might have been better for Myc. The entire cast is a who's who of comedians though. I can't help but think the casting of Adam Scott v Caplan was deliberate. 

Don't forget to watch season 1 though.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I cracked up so much at "inappropriately touching your clone is still sexual harassment and not masturbating"

If the touching is consensual "Go f*ck yourself" can be taken literally.

Edited by marinw
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Inside Job’ Canceled By Netflix, Reversing Season 2 Renewal

Unfortunate, I really liked this show. Not surpriseing since Netflix didn;t promte it as far as I know. I only stubbled upon this show while browseing through the Netflix catalouge.