Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Now What??

jewel21
  • Start Topic

In trying to find a way to channel his emotions, Conrad puts all his effort in looking for answers. Raptor has a run-in with the police that ends up taking a surprising turn. Leela begins noticing problems with a surgeon who has been Bell’s mentor.

Airdate: 10/12/2021

19 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Completely aside, this show is on season five so shouldn't Conrad and even Pravesh be attendings by now and not residents? Did ER teach me wrong?

Conrad at least should definitely be an attending. He was made Chief Resident a couple of seasons ago and way more than a year has passed in the last two seasons. They had a time jump for Covid, then last season Nic got pregnant and gave birth to a baby that is starting to talk.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Conrad is an attending- I thought last season they signed him as an internal medicine attending. Devon is a second or third year resident I think in the internal medicine/ER program, and Leela is a surgical intern. The actor that plays Devon is 38! He looks so young- I thought he was in his mid 20’s.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, twoods said:

Conrad is an attending- I thought last season they signed him as an internal medicine attending. Devon is a second or third year resident I think in the internal medicine/ER program, and Leela is a surgical intern. The actor that plays Devon is 38! He looks so young- I thought he was in his mid 20’s.

Devon started his second year of residency at the beginning of season 3, so he should at least be in his 4th year by now.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

I guess the retcon of Bell is now complete.  

RIP HODAD.

Did anyone else think it was incredibly stupid for two DOCTORS to play squash with no freakin’ eye protection—especially given the big sign at the front of the court recommending it? (Not to mention the “no dark soled shoes” rule Bell was breaking?)

Gilmore Girls reunion! Kranepool and Conrad were Mitch and Logan Huntzberger.

I. Freaking. LOVE. AJ. And would like to toss Billie’s obnoxious son out the nearest window.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I guess the retcon of Bell is now complete.  

Right?  When Kit was like "you'd never" it was a giant eyeroll.  At least the other doctor brought it up and Bell mentioned that he regretted it so it wasn't completely ignored.  It did seem weird to do this storyline though with HODAD being the big elephant in the room.  What was the point?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Right?  When Kit was like "you'd never" it was a giant eyeroll.  At least the other doctor brought it up and Bell mentioned that he regretted it so it wasn't completely ignored.  It did seem weird to do this storyline though with HODAD being the big elephant in the room.  What was the point?

I mean, to be fair, does Kit even KNOW about Bell's tremor? Because she didn't show up until after that happened, and Bell had kept it quiet for the most part, so she might not even know.

AJ is fantastic, but I hate that he's saddled with Trevor, who is...just frustrating to watch. I just don't think this kid's redemption is going to work very well. The actor needs to sell it and I don't really think Miles Fowler can right now. I know we were meant to feel bad for him when he was crying near the end, but I didn't. It's just not a good storyline at all.

But Conrad's story was good. I'm glad Devon was there to try to help keep Conrad focused. And little Gigi is adorable. 

That being said, there's far less I like about this show without Mina and Nic. Conrad/Gigi and a little bit of Devon and Kit/Bell are kind of keeping me going for now, but how long will that be? So we'll see if this soon becomes a "watch later, not live" show.

• Love 7

Since hospital shows can't seem to let doctors/nurses have relationships with people not employed at the hospitals 🙄, I do wonder if Billie and AJ will be paired up.  I'm just going by the way she looks at him sometimes.  Also, since he's now mentoring her assholeish son, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers went there.   

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Since hospital shows can't seem to let doctors/nurses have relationships with people not employed at the hospitals 🙄, I do wonder if Billie and AJ will be paired up.  I'm just going by the way she looks at him sometimes.  Also, since he's now mentoring her assholeish son, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers went there.   

I had that thought too. Unless they decide to go with the tired old “widower and best friend turn to each other in their grief” trope and pair Billie with Conrad.

Trevor is so annoying. And stupid to mouth off to a cop when pulled over, especially when he had AJ right there giving him the wise advice to keep his mouth shut and hands visible. Though I have to admit I did enjoy his aside to AJ “wait till he finds out what you do for a living”. And boy did he ever find out! (Do they not have MD license plates in GA? Or did he just assume they stole a doctor’s car?)

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Trevor is so annoying. And stupid to mouth off to a cop when pulled over, especially when he had AJ right there giving him the wise advice to keep his mouth shut and hands visible.

Trevor could have gotten both of them shot.  I was hoping AJ would have ripped him a new one, because I don't think he learned a thing after that incident.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I do wonder if Billie and AJ will be paired up.  I'm just going by the way she looks at him sometimes.  Also, since he's now mentoring her assholeish son, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers went there.   

I have the same thought. I think it’s better to pair Billie with AJ than Conrad.

The talk between Conrad and Devon at the end was the best and heartwarming. Devon always shine in this kind of emotional situation/scene. The writers should tone down Devon/Leela’s PDA, it’s annoying!

Devon to Conrad:

“A million things happen every second to every single person on the planet. Some are joyful, most are inconsequential, and a few are unbearable. Those are the hardest ones to explain. Can you make peace with that?” 😢😭

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 7

I guess I was surprised by AJ’s surprise because she had already told him she was 13.  In what world does ANY adult think a THIRTEEN year old had a baby by anything other than abuse. Even if she thought, at the time, it was “true love” and consensual (which, she didn’t) it WASN’T. I don’t hate the storyline necessarily but even a tiny bit of math makes it apparent it was a horrible situation. 

At first I thought the deer was making Conrad realize that was the cause of the accident, but then I realized it was supposed to be spiritual. I would’ve been mad if they had retconned a neurological disorder. 

I didn’t understand the conversation between Bell and the new magically-appearing, never before seen dr.  Isn’t Bell in an administrative role?  Wouldn’t he have some authority over that dr?  He was so cocky and disgusting. I personally got a chuckle about the line about how hard it was to fire him as hard as a “tenured professor” only because that’s such a huge part of my job (administratively assisting dr.’s through that process). 

40 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought she had previously told AJ that she got pregnant at 17 by her high school boyfriend, so AJ was surprised by the rape story when she was just 13. 

No, she definitely told him she was only 13. She gave no other information. AJ seemed really surprised, but didn't ask any questions. I remember, because I was impressed he managed not ask questions as most people would have some after hearing about a pregnancy at that age.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

No, she definitely told him she was only 13. She gave no other information. AJ seemed really surprised, but didn't ask any questions. I remember, because I was impressed he managed not ask questions as most people would have some after hearing about a pregnancy at that age.

Then I must have been watching another show.

9 hours ago, jewel21 said:

She definitely told AJ she was thirteen. I think later the son told AJ that his mom told him his dad was four years older than her if I'm remembering correctly.

Oh, ok.  So it's the guy who was 17.  I just remembered 17, not 13.

Just now, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, I think he graduated from the drama school.  Frankly, he looks even older than 22.

Hiding his age probably means he's older and is trying to get away with playing younger roles for longer. He doesn't look young enough to be Billie's son, even if she was only 13 when she had him.

• Love 2

When did Billie say that he was 4 yrs older? All she told AJ two episodes ago was that she was 13 and he was her neighbor. To which AJ replied that he would make sure that she never had to have contact with Trevor again.

So why is he mentoring Trevor now? Does he have a saviour complex? Given that Trevor is in university on a scholarship, the kid is doing pretty well and seems to have had decent adoptive parents. AJ should have honoured  what he promised Billie and found a kid who really needed saving to mentor.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When did Billie say that he was 4 yrs older? All she told AJ two episodes ago was that she was 13 and he was her neighbor. To which AJ replied that he would make sure that she never had to have contact with Trevor again.

It was apparently offscreen. Trevor told AJ that Billie told him was 3 years older and her first love. Maybe he said 4 and not 3, but I heard 3. But anyway, it was not something we saw.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Hiding his age probably means he's older and is trying to get away with playing younger roles for longer. He doesn't look young enough to be Billie's son, even if she was only 13 when she had him.

Jessica Lucas is 36 so she can have a 23 year old son at 13. It doesn’t help that the actress looks very young. It also doesn’t help that Trevor is a whiny jerk and not root-able right now.

• Love 6

Transcript from the episode: 

So, Trevor, what do you know about your birth father? Trevor: All she told me about my biological father was that he was three years older than her, teenage ladies' man, football stud. Mm. So, two careless high school kids, huh?

Read more at: https://tvshowtranscripts.ourboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=764&t=46827

And this is from later in the episode: 

To answer your question, I'm not angry at him. I'm trying to protect him. From you? He's not the product of first love. I was raped. By our neighbor. I was 13. He was a grown man. Billie... Trevor wants to know who his father is. Is that an answer anyone needs?

Read more at: https://tvshowtranscripts.ourboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=764&t=46827

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2021 at 7:07 PM, Whimsy said:

I didn’t understand the conversation between Bell and the new magically-appearing, never before seen dr.  Isn’t Bell in an administrative role?  Wouldn’t he have some authority over that dr?  He was so cocky and disgusting. I personally got a chuckle about the line about how hard it was to fire him as hard as a “tenured professor” only because that’s such a huge part of my job (administratively assisting dr.’s through that process). 

I believe Bell is just an attending now. He lost his roles as CEO and Chief of Surgery thanks to Cain and Red Rock.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

What's HODAD please?

9 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I believe Bell is just an attending now. He lost his roles as CEO and Chief of Surgery thanks to Cain and Red Rock.

Oh. Weird.  That's a mighty nice/big office for an attending lol.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, Whimsy said:

At first I thought the deer was making Conrad realize that was the cause of the accident, but then I realized it was supposed to be spiritual. I would’ve been mad if they had retconned a neurological disorder. 

I didn't get that part.  I thought they were implying she swerved to not hit a baby deer.  But I don't think I thought about it that hard.

One thing that did make me LOL this episode is that Conrad, mad with grief, took the time to put on all his stupid bracelets and his belt with the big buckle etc.  It just tickles me that he took time out of his grief to pick out all his douchey "cool guy" accessories.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I didn't get that part.  I thought they were implying she swerved to not hit a baby deer.  But I don't think I thought about it that hard.

One thing that did make me LOL this episode is that Conrad, mad with grief, took the time to put on all his stupid bracelets and his belt with the big buckle etc.  It just tickles me that he took time out of his grief to pick out all his douchey "cool guy" accessories.  

He looks really way too thin to me.

• Love 1
On 10/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, I think he graduated from the drama school.  Frankly, he looks even older than 22.

Not trying to be mean, but he's...not their best advertisement. At least not on this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was surprised they brought back HODAD. Is that the last mention of it ever, or is it going to come back later in the season?

probably the former, but i can always hope

Huh, just realized we didn't see any resolution about the cop - last we saw him was in the OR and then AJ was like "well he's ok now"

On 10/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, Lady Calypso said:

AJ is fantastic, but I hate that he's saddled with Trevor, who is...just frustrating to watch. I just don't think this kid's redemption is going to work very well. The actor needs to sell it and I don't really think Miles Fowler can right now. I know we were meant to feel bad for him when he was crying near the end, but I didn't. It's just not a good storyline at all.

I would presume that Trevor was put up for adoption at birth, and raised by loving parents who legit wanted a baby. But he's acting like Billie having given him away equals nobody in his life. I get his curiosity about his origins, but surely he has family of some sort? He hasn't said a word about any of that. 

On a different subject, I must say I'm enjoying the mellower Marshall. He even chuckled a bit while with the baby! 

• Love 3

I’m only catching up with all of this now. It’s been two weeks but I found it so glaring how over it everyone was. With the exception of Conrad and a few sad glances from Billie and Conrad everyone seemed to have moved on after two weeks. Probably true to life how quickly things move on and Emily Van Camps presence in the show had massively reduced from the first two seasons but it was still weird what a non entity she suddenly seemed to be.

• Like 1