Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: In the Dark

jewel21
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Don't tease me with Barfstead having big problems Show! Gross seeing Jay trying to pin it all on Voight when like Voight pointed out Upton CHOSE to stay there and shes not some innocent little Dewdrop.

I didn’t watch or probably not going to me because I can’t watching her awful acting . But did Jay punch Voight as the Upstead people seem to indicating it might happen 

22 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

So does Jay blame only Voight? Or does he finally see Hailey for who she is? I couldn't tell from the last scene.

Jay needs to wake up and dump her ass, and thank Voight for telling him the truth. 

I really don’t want to watch haha . Can you please tell me if Jay punches Voight? I mean the upstead screeners who saw the Ep were going all week about karma and something that people have been wanting for years 

2 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

I really don’t want to watch haha . Can you please tell me if Jay punches Voight? I mean the upstead screeners who saw the Ep were going all week about karma and something that people have been wanting for years 

Yeah, he gives him a got shot to the face, and Voight just takes it. It felt both satisfying and necessary.

And for as much as I really don't like Spiradakos' acting on this show, her performance tonight, at least in some of the more intense scenes, wasn't the complete trainwreck I'd been expecting. Sleep deprived and guilt-wracked Upton wasn't horrible, and for once she was able to emote clearly when she nearly spilled the beans. But after that it was back to the same-old Upton we know and loathe.

Nice to see that she was able to sleep peacefully after killing someone else, even if he was a child killer. Jay: Run far and fast if you value your sanity, and possibly your career. It won't end well.

Off topic and potentially spoilerific,

Spoiler

I wonder if there's been any rumor of a main cast member being killed off early this year. The reason I'm asking is that the Oct. 27th episode is titled End Of Watch, which is the term used to describe a police officer or firefighter's line of duty death. After this the show goes on break for a while.

• Love 2

So we’re supposed to believe that an officer who’s led people to being murdered, fabricated evidence to lead to lengthy prison sentences, and covered up more illegality and immoral behavior by her fellow officers than I can count is suddenly overcome by something she’s done wrong? What complete and utter nonsense. Hailey, this ain’t the first dead body on your books. She slept just fine after serving Darius Walker up to torture and murder. And Borestead is the worst. He acts high and mighty, but still goes off the reservation (for lack of a better term) whenever he wants. This guy is still knee deep in Marcus West’s blood. Is he forgetting who covered that up for him? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a character both so completely boring and totally annoying at the same time.

Bring back Antonio and the ghost of Olinsky.

Edited by nasir jones
ETA
  • Love 4

Isn't Burgess amazing....not a scratch, bruise, moment of hesitation or concern barely weeks after being kidnapped, beaten, shot twice, dragged across a warehouse floor and in a coma. Could this show actually put some effort into continuity? 

A potentially interesting case that got lost in the dreck of this poor Hailey story they insist on flogging like a dead horse. 

Can they please get back to case focussed stories and leave the over wrought personal drama to once or twice a season at most. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

I didn’t watch or probably not going to me because I can’t watching her awful acting . But did Jay punch Voight as the Upstead people seem to indicating it might happen 

Yep he sure did. 

Tracy Spiradokos (Spelling probably wrong) is ruining her career with this drivel!  Nothing against the actress, but this character is a trainwreck and they are writing her into a corner.  I have to believe that she's leaving the show.  Not a spoiler, just my opinion as I have nothing to back it up.

On a lighter note, it was pretty satisfying when Halstead punched Voight.  I know Voight gets no love here, but at least they keep him true to character.  I like that Voight just took it in stride. Halstead can't decide if he's a boy scout or a vigilante.  

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Tracy Spiradokos (Spelling probably wrong) is ruining her career with this drivel!  Nothing against the actress, but this character is a trainwreck and they are writing her into a corner.  I have to believe that she's leaving the show.  Not a spoiler, just my opinion as I have nothing to back it up.

On a lighter note, it was pretty satisfying when Halstead punched Voight.  I know Voight gets no love here, but at least they keep him true to character.  I like that Voight just took it in stride. Halstead can't decide if he's a boy scout or a vigilante.  

Voight is total trash & an asshole, and I am pretty sure we are supposed to hate him, which we do to varying degrees, however I "Think" we are supposed to like & feel sorry for Upton, which I do not, in the slightest. I don't get what they are trying to do with this character. Eid got run out of SVU for trying to make us feel sorry for the bad guys because of their traumatic pasts, so it didn't work over there so he bought it over here and thought he'd try again. 

I feel like the cases are becoming secondary to the drama and it's sending this show down the tubes.

The only thing I will give Voight is that he didn't lie to Jay.....I guess Jay just can't handle that.

48 minutes ago, Guildford said:

Voight is total trash & an asshole, and I am pretty sure we are supposed to hate him, which we do to varying degrees, however I "Think" we are supposed to like & feel sorry for Upton, which I do not, in the slightest. I don't get what they are trying to do with this character. Eid got run out of SVU for trying to make us feel sorry for the bad guys because of their traumatic pasts, so it didn't work over there so he bought it over here and thought he'd try again. 

I feel like the cases are becoming secondary to the drama and it's sending this show down the tubes.

The only thing I will give Voight is that he didn't lie to Jay.....I guess Jay just can't handle that.

Agree.  My only point is they are keeping Voight true to character.  Hailey's spiral is a big snoozefest for me!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Hide contents

I wonder if there's been any rumor of a main cast member being killed off early this year. The reason I'm asking is that the Oct. 27th episode is titled End Of Watch, which is the term used to describe a police officer or firefighter's line of duty death. After this the show goes on break for a while.

Holy fuck, if it's Kevin Atwater, there's going to be a thrown down in Chicago. it's only a 90 minute drive from here.

Voight? He's the corrupt cop, but I think the show needs the villain factor. I wouldn't want one of the others playing that role, although the most likely candidate would be Rusek.

I don't know if I hate Upton. I think I liked Sophia Bush better, but her character's personal storylines were too melodramatic. I swear I wanted to punch the TV every time Markie Post showed up.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Reveal spoiler

I'm totally torn on being excited it's someone I can't stand and being sad on if it's someone I enjoy watching.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Guess I’m the only person here who doesn’t hate Voight.

I don't mind Voight in the hate to love/love to hate kind of way. He's not a good person to anyone he doesn't care about, but he will defend anyone he cares about to the death. Literally. So he's someone you'd want on your side, I guess, but not someone you admire or aspire to be.

Jay knows what Voight is and will work for/with him despite their differences; but Hailey wants to be him. That's what I see as disgusting. Why does anyone want to be like Voight? Defend your loved ones while keeping your morals.

And yes, Jay has a checkered history too with stepping out of line, but he's military. He knows how to compartmentalize - whether that's good or bad, I don't know. Jay knows he's made bad decisions, but they haven't defined him like Voight and now Hailey. Jay's not innocent, but that's not who he fundamentally is, IMO. 

• Love 3

This Upton drama is really getting ridiculous and needs to end.  Now!  As mentioned upthread, she’s done worse (Darius and planting drugs in someone’s car).  And while Voight was beating the suspect, she technically didn’t do anything wrong when she shot him AFTER he’d taken Voight’s gun.  So why is she wracked with guilt now???  It. Makes. No. Sense.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, jalady said:

This Upton drama is really getting ridiculous and needs to end.  Now!  As mentioned upthread, she’s done worse (Darius and planting drugs in someone’s car).  And while Voight was beating the suspect, she technically didn’t do anything wrong when she shot him AFTER he’d taken Voight’s gun.  So why is she wracked with guilt now???  It. Makes. No. Sense.

Exactly!!  She slept like a baby after getting Darius killed, who was no threat to her at all.  Crap writing for "this" to be the reason she's melting down.  What happened to "Give me time Sarge, I'll get there"

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Guess I’m the only person here who doesn’t hate Voight.

I don’t hate Voight as a person. He is who he is. One thing though, I still blame Voight for Al’s death.

Honestly, I enjoyed watching Hailey falling apart! 😆

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

Yeah, he gives him a got shot to the face, and Voight just takes it. It felt both satisfying and necessary.

And for as much as I really don't like Spiradakos' acting on this show, her performance tonight, at least in some of the more intense scenes, wasn't the complete trainwreck I'd been expecting. Sleep deprived and guilt-wracked Upton wasn't horrible, and for once she was able to emote clearly when she nearly spilled the beans. But after that it was back to the same-old Upton we know and loathe.

Nice to see that she was able to sleep peacefully after killing someone else, even if he was a child killer. Jay: Run far and fast if you value your sanity, and possibly your career. It won't end well.

Reveal spoiler

I saw the clip of  Jay punching Voight . I wanted him to do that along time. I thought it would be satisfying but it ain’t because the reasons why he punched  Voight . Upton ain’t innocent, she is the one who didn’t walk awAy and wanted Voight to see things her way . The thing is Kim was the one almost killed and went through hell, why isn’t she the one falling apart . Upton practically planned Darius death.  She is ruining Jay, people are hating him because of her . 

• Love 2