Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

With Bob and Abishola settling into married life, Dottie feels pushed aside and decides to run away from home. Also, Goodwin and Kofo bring a domestic dispute to MaxDot.

Airdate: 10/11/2021

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

How does someone supposedly in a wheelchair, partially paralyzed from a stroke "run away from home"? Doesn't Dottie still have her own separate home? Did she "run away" back home?

Probably, exactly like this:

Spoiler

Edited by AnimeMania
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

How does someone supposedly in a wheelchair, partially paralyzed from a stroke "run away from home"? Doesn't Dottie still have her own separate home? Did she "run away" back home?

Wheelchair users are mobile; that's the point of someone with mobility issues using one. 

There was part of an episode last season where Dottie was in the process of closing her house to sell it and move in with Bob. There were some nice scenes between Dottie and Christine as they went through old belongings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I call shenanigans on the "couch".  It was looking much less like a daybed and more like a couch this week in terms of seat-depth.  When Bob's brother was sitting on it he was able to sit like a normal person, not look like a child dangling his legs.  I like it much better now.

I knew it was just a matter of time until Dottie was able to walk and of course she would hide it.  What else is new, LOL? 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I call shenanigans on the "couch".  It was looking much less like a daybed and more like a couch this week in terms of seat-depth.  When Bob's brother was sitting on it he was able to sit like a normal person, not look like a child dangling his legs.  I like it much better now.

He was sitting on the edge with several pillows behind his back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Most of the episode scenes with Dottie were pretty sad. I guess they used a laugh track?

But when she struggled to stand to reach the bottle of wine(?) in the fridge, I heard the "audience" make "uh-oh" type of worried sounds, and I was worried she would fall, so maybe it wasn’t a laugh track?

Edited by shapeshifter
8 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I think they are laying the groundwork for Dottie moving in with Olu and Tunde.

Oh, that would be a good idea, since Abishola moved out. They need a new tenant besides the cousin that cooked super-spicy foods.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Cress said:

Oh, that would be a good idea, since Abishola moved out. They need a new tenant besides the cousin that cooked super-spicy foods.

They can always rent the room to the girl that Chupacabra was flirting with at Abisohola's party, the one that studying to be a Pharmacist.

Why would Dottie move in with them and be reduced to living in one room?

15 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

They can always rent the room to the girl that Chupacabra was flirting with at Abisohola's party, the one that studying to be a Pharmacist.

Did they drop the story of Kemi and Chukwuemeka looking for a surrogate to bear grandchildren for his mother? That's what I thought was being set up in that situation. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Isn’t that the aforementioned cousin living in Dele’s former room?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yes, but now Abishola's room is free.  I think Dottie will move in with Ola and Tunde for companionship and to give the newleyweds some privacy and space.  It would be a good plot line.

I like that it shakes up the usual shared family living arrangements for the majority of Americans, and in so doing, offers a much better solution than Dottie going into an independent living facility. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I don't like that they are going down the storyline of Dottie can "stand" now but she's going to hide it to be manipulative.  She can barely stand. She's not fully recovered. They wouldn't kick her out just because she can stand up with a significant struggle. She clearly would still need some assistance like the chair most of the time but a walker sometimes to make her strong. If they're going by "If she can walk she's out", she's nowhere near that. I suspect they would be thrilled she's made that much progress. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Did I miss something? Or are you just hoping this ☝️doesn’t happen?

Bob has never stated he'll kick her out once she can walk (aka recovered). I think the show runners are trying to set up the big miscommunication storyline where Dottie THINKS that's what will happen and that's why she told the other son to not tell anyone she can walk.  I'm not looking forward to the story where Dottie can walk and then Abishola or Bob catches her and there's a whole meltdown about this. (See also: Parks & Rec Andy's legs, and basically any other time in a sit-com when the injured person is healed but lies about it to make the rest of the characters do their bidding)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Bob has never stated he'll kick her out once she can walk (aka recovered). I think the show runners are trying to set up the big miscommunication storyline where Dottie THINKS that's what will happen and that's why she told the other son to not tell anyone she can walk.  I'm not looking forward to the story where Dottie can walk and then Abishola or Bob catches her and there's a whole meltdown about this. (See also: Parks & Rec Andy's legs, and basically any other time in a sit-com when the injured person is healed but lies about it to make the rest of the characters do their bidding)

Ah. Got it.
Yes, that is a very typical TV plot point. 

My mind didn't go there because in my family it was the opposite:
At each stage of Mom's physical deterioration (from a type of late-onset Parkinson's), my sister insisted that Mom could still walk, talk, etc. if Mom just tried and that we should "make" her do it.
I guess my sister couldn't accept what was happening.

So I'm glad Dottie is regaining some mobility, and I'm not too worried about how the show will handle it. 
So far the show has hit the right notes for me about 90% of the time -- which is pretty darn good!

• Love 4

Some really nice scenes with Dottie at Olu and Tunde's, and I really liked seeing a glimpse of Olu and Tunde marriage when they're alone. This is probably the first time they've had the place almost to themselves for quite awhile. Hopefully she gets caught in her lie soon though, that seems like it could go on for too long. 

On 10/12/2021 at 4:36 PM, LittleIggy said:

I think it was hilarious that work-averse Douglas was playing a farm game. In those games, the player has to do a lot “chores”.

He had a big harvest! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1

The game is called "mancala". I/my family/friends used to play it all the time! I can't remember the last time I've seen it anywhere. It was fun to see it on the show.

You can buy fancy sets like what they had, but we used to make ours out of egg cartons or paper cups, and marbles.

• Love 4
On 10/16/2021 at 5:39 AM, shapeshifter said:

What game were Tunde and Olu playing? 

Our mandala set was made from a reddish brown wood, and U think we used small cowrue shells, but it's been decades since we played.