Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Tossing Salads and Spilling Tea (Bags)

• Start Topic

On a couples trip to the Eastern Shore, Candiace and Mia's argument puts a damper on Wendy's "Good Vibes Only"; Wendy's hosting skills are under pressure when two surprise guests are left without adequate accommodations.

Airdate: 10.10.2021

I wonder how long Chris will enjoy talking Candiace down from her tantrums?

It's going to get old soon. I'm not liking how these ladies say "you need therapy" like it's an insult. I hope that both Mia and Candiace find good off-screen therapists and work out their issues.

• Love 19

Eh, I see what Mia is trying to say, but I think that Mia using her mother for a storyline will have more of an impact on her compared to what Candiace said. I maintain that "yo mamma" is the classic comeback to whatever someone says to you, and it's really not as big of a deal as they tried to make it. Growing up in the DMV, who hasn't had someone yell at them yo mamma during an argument. Maybe that's why I'm desensitized to it. The only thing Candiace shouldn't have said in that argument was when she said "G, take your bitch home". Keep your smoke with Mia, don't address her husband. If someone said that to Chris, she wouldn't like it. Ashley, miss me with your oh Candiace always goes below the belt. <Insert all the trash Ashley has said to the cast.> Chris cleaning up the salad, there's more? hahaha. 

I knew they were coming, but I was actually slightly disappointed to see Gizelle and Robyn pull up. I actually forgot about them. I thought it would be interesting to see the trip without them there. I'm still stuck on the energy from the love party earlier in the season. Gizelle immediately starts with Wendy "Oh, you're smiling, I haven't seen that in a long time". Just realized this may be the first time Eddie saw Gizelle after the whole rumor thing.

They are drunk as a skunk and I love it hahaha. Not Ashley trying to hook Gizelle up with the men at the table. I'm dying. Not their wives being at another table. I'm tickled. Hey, maybe I'm tipsy too. Karen telling them she's going to get married to Ray, like they know who Ray is, hahahahaha. Robyn might as well have stayed at the house and looked for a hotel. She is giving nothing. 

Ashley started this nonsense at dinner. Full stop. But I'm going to need Gizelle to stay out of this because she was not there. Same way they told Ashley to stay out of things last year when she wasn't there. Dre is too calm for this foolishness. G is taking it all in stride, I love it. Robyn and Gizelle saying that Candiace didn't deserve what happened to her, but are now saying that she didn't learn from it. Groan, I don't have the energy.

Edited by LaurelleJ
typo
  • Love 16

Candiace is just too immature – plain and simple. She fights with her words, but as Chris said, she won’t let things go and ends up going below the belt. I’m a little older than her and I would never think to say “your mama” if I’m in an argument with someone. It’s not necessary and Mia’s mama wasn’t around to defend herself. 

I do wonder if Candiace being quick to use her mouth is a defense mechanism for things that have happened to her in the past. Maybe bullying or a point where she felt defenseless so she’s determined to cut people down before they cut her. It’s just speculation on my part. 

Ashley knew what she was going bringing up that argument with Mia earlier after they’d all seemingly moved on. It’s why I can never root for her because she always throws the rocks and hides her hands after being called out. She’s messy messy and her husband is a gross creep who should have been fired seasons ago. 

Robyn wasn’t just over the trip – she was never with the trip. I did give a little chuckle at Wendy telling them she didn’t know where they were supposed to go to the bathroom. Two eps ago, Wendy wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom at Giselle’s “house”, so there ya go. 

And I can’t quit Karen. She’s just trying to hold on and get re-married to Ray this season.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, TV Glotzer said:

When did Chris start talking all hood?  It’s so ridiculous to hear him speak like he’s some gangsta rapper. 

YES, I noticed that blaccent was very impressive. He played his nice guy role well tonight – almost convincing.

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, it sounds more Central Florida trailer park fugitive than gangster rapper.

Edited by StillHere
Realization
  • LOL 9

A little confused on how it’s clear that Candiace knew about Mia’s mom because Candiace knew about Ashley’s mom being the way she is and never said anything untoward that we saw about her even when Ashley was screaming in her face in Dot’s house. Candiace and Ashley have been vile towards each other and she could’ve brought Ashley’s mom and her inability to even afford a damn tent let alone a nice home to help Ashley out but she didn’t. I may be in the minority but I don’t see any fault solely lying with Candiace and if Mia feels comfortable talking to Dot about Chris and Candiace’s finances then she should expect Candiace to say something in return. Your mother is your mother, Mia is some random Candiace really doesn’t know so of course she’s going to be more concerned on why she’s talking about Chris than her mother doing it especially when she’s well aware of the reason her mother does it. Just my 2 cents

• Love 8

Candiace just lost me again, she is such a petulant child. Her temper tantrums and crying are just NO!

Ashley, take your fake ass home. No husband again on the episode, obviously no one wants to film with his gross ass.

Gizelle and Robin can go home as well, both of you have no story lines left. Glad they were put in the attic with maybe a bathroom or a chamber pot. Really don't care.

• Love 17

I think in the moment Mia was upset because as I'm sure Candiace can also attest to - mother issues are tough. 

But I will also say that if Mia's mother agreed to be on the show and tell her story she has every right to do so and no one has a right to get angry at her daughter and use that as an excuse to say nasty things about her. There are plenty of shows about addiction, plenty of people who go on reality TV with former and current addictions and again it's their story to tell. They don't need to hide in the shadows unless it's their choice. Her voice and her story are valid. As far as Mia "using her mother for a story" that is the whole point of this show. Your life is your story and this happens to be hers. 

Candiace is not the worst housewife in history by any stretch but she is a soul sucking energy draining presence. 

And Curly Top can STFU at any time. She is horrid and annoying. I wish she would just ride that kangaroo dick off into the sunset. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Sharper2002 said:

I do wonder if Candiace being quick to use her mouth is a defense mechanism for things that have happened to her in the past.

Candiace said something on this episode that I think is important and is the key to why she acts the way she does.

When she was talking to Chris (after the salad tossing incident), he was telling her she needs to be the bigger person, she doesn't need to respond to everything, she needs to stop taking the bait.

All of this is true. She needs to stop taking the bait.  She does need to stop responding to everything people say.  She does need to be the bigger person.

Mia is a fan of the show and she knew who to target to have a moment.   Ashley knows what buttons to push.  Both Ashley and Mia lob bombs, then when somebody checks them "snif snif my mom's a crackhead and that's why I was in foster care snift" or "snif snif I'm a new mom".  Then everyone wants to cuddle and coddle Mia and Ashley and instead of focusing on their bullshit, then the spotlight gets put on how vile Candiace is, what a chihuahua, how spoiled, how immature, how nasty Candiace is.

• Monique started the bullshit with Candiace last season.
  • Mia started the bullshit with Candiace this season.
  • Ashley started the bullshit with Candiace tonight.
  • Nobody is calling Mia out on her bullshit with putting her hands in people's faces or tossing that bowl of salad at Candiace.
  • Nobody will call out Ashley on her bullshit with crying about old tweets from several years ago

But nobody wants to talk about that, it's all about how Candiace needs to get her ass beat.

What Candiace said, which I think is key to understanding her is, "Why does everyone get to talk shit to me, but I can't respond?"

I think Candiace has a history, going back to childhood, where (starting with Dorothy), people have talked shit to her face and the only way she could fight back is with her mouth.  I think growing up, other kids would say slick stuff about/to Candiace, she would tell her mom and her mom was probably like "Well you deserved it."  Nobody defends Candiace and I think that's the root of her problem with Karen last season...Karen saw Monique lay hands on Candiace and later insisted it was a mutual fight.  Karen would not defend Candiace even when the other person was clearly in the wrong and I'm willing to bet that situation played out between Dorothy and Candiace numerous times during Candiace's life.

I see Wendy was quick to run over to defend Mia and Chris didn't even defend Candiace against Ashley's bullshit.  Candiace truly has no one in her corner (not even her own mother).  The only tools she has to defend herself is with her mouth (and note again: Candiace doesn't come for you first, you came for her and she finished it.  Don't want Candiace coming for you? Don't come for her).

52 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Please get rid of Candiace, and bring back monique samuels. I think candiace has more then shown that she is the problem.

Nothing Candiace did or said justified Monique acting like a wild thug running around a barn threatening to kill someone because they twirled around and said "I'm sleep I'm bored."  Monique is right where she needs to be.

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Robyn and Gizelle saying that Candiace didn't deserve what happened to her, but are now saying that she didn't learn from it. Groan, I don't have the energy.

Here's the thing: Candiace DID learn from what happened last year.  She learned it doesn't matter if she disengages or walks away, people want her ass beat anyway.  So she might as well say whatever out of her mouth because it really doesn't matter.

35 minutes ago, Countess said:

A little confused on how it’s clear that Candiace knew about Mia’s mom because Candiace knew about Ashley’s mom being the way she is and never said anything untoward that we saw about her even when Ashley was screaming in her face in Dot’s house. Candiace and Ashley have been vile towards each other and she could’ve brought Ashley’s mom and her inability to even afford a damn tent let alone a nice home to help Ashley out but she didn’t. I may be in the minority but I don’t see any fault solely lying with Candiace and if Mia feels comfortable talking to Dot about Chris and Candiace’s finances then she should expect Candiace to say something in return.

If Candiace had known from the beginning about Mia's mom she never would've said any "yo momma*" because she could've went in plenty of times on Ashley's mom and she never has.  I personally would have.

21 minutes ago, rlc said:

I really, really, really dislike new Wendy. 

Because Wendy is just as fake as she accused Karen of being last season.  I hope Candiace is watching these episodes and seeing how Wendy is kissing up to Karen, the lady who pulled a Karen and tried to get Candiace fired last season and now scrambling up to Mia, who started the whole situation with Candiace in the first place when Wendy is the one who told Candiace about Mia gossiping in the first place.

Either Wendy used Candiace to throw a rock at Mia so she could have clean hands or Wendy is setting Candiace up to be gone.  I'm not sure which one it is yet. Otherwise, Wendy wouldn't have singled Mia out for gossiping with Wendy.  If Wendy was going to tell the story, Wendy should've told Candiace the whole story and told her Mia, Karen, Robyn and Gizelle were gossiping with Dorothy too.

*I'm going to need for black people in particular to stop clutching their pearls over "yo momma" when "yo momma" jokes have been a staple of comedy since elementary school.  It's a childish insult that shouldn't be taken seriously but again Mia weaponizes her foster care upbringing and mother's drug woes to shield herself from being held accountable for her bullshit.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Sharper2002 said:

Ashley knew what she was going bringing up that argument with Mia earlier after they’d all seemingly moved on. It’s why I can never root for her because she always throws the rocks and hides her hands after being called out. She’s messy messy and her husband is a gross creep who should have been fired seasons ago. 

THIS! Ashley is forever jumping into things that have nothing to do with her. She hates Candiace and will take any opportunity to trash her. 

Mia gets not sympathy from me. Her constant b aging about how much money she (her husband) has is annoying. She says she worked hard for it and that’s why she talks about it so much. No ma’am! You didn’t “work” for anything unless bagging a rich old dude is considered “work”.  AND her husband is disgusting with all his sexual gestures. Just gross🤢

Candiace makes it really hard to support her. Her behavior in that restaurant was childish. Chris was embarrassed and he is bound to get tired of her shenanigans. 

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace said something on this episode that I think is important and is the key to why she acts the way she does.

When she was talking to Chris (after the salad tossing incident), he was telling her she needs to be the bigger person, she doesn't need to respond to everything, she needs to stop taking the bait.

All of this is true. She needs to stop taking the bait.  She does need to stop responding to everything people say.  She does need to be the bigger person.

Mia is a fan of the show and she knew who to target to have a moment.   Ashley knows what buttons to push.  Both Ashley and Mia lob bombs, then when somebody checks them "snif snif my mom's a crackhead and that's why I was in foster care snift" or "snif snif I'm a new mom".  Then everyone wants to cuddle and coddle Mia and Ashley and instead of focusing on their bullshit, then the spotlight gets put on how vile Candiace is, what a chihuahua, how spoiled, how immature, how nasty Candiace is.

• Monique started the bullshit with Candiace last season.
  • Mia started the bullshit with Candiace this season.
  • Ashley started the bullshit with Candiace tonight.
  • Nobody is calling Mia out on her bullshit with putting her hands in people's faces or tossing that bowl of salad at Candiace.
  • Nobody will call out Ashley on her bullshit with crying about old tweets from several years ago

But nobody wants to talk about that, it's all about how Candiace needs to get her ass beat.

What Candiace said, which I think is key to understanding her is, "Why does everyone get to talk shit to me, but I can't respond?"

I think Candiace has a history, going back to childhood, where (starting with Dorothy), people have talked shit to her face and the only way she could fight back is with her mouth.  I think growing up, other kids would say slick stuff about/to Candiace, she would tell her mom and her mom was probably like "Well you deserved it."  Nobody defends Candiace and I think that's the root of her problem with Karen last season...Karen saw Monique lay hands on Candiace and later insisted it was a mutual fight.  Karen would not defend Candiace even when the other person was clearly in the wrong and I'm willing to bet that situation played out between Dorothy and Candiace numerous times during Candiace's life.

I see Wendy was quick to run over to defend Mia and Chris didn't even defend Candiace against Ashley's bullshit.  Candiace truly has no one in her corner (not even her own mother).  The only tools she has to defend herself is with her mouth (and note again: Candiace doesn't come for you first, you came for her and she finished it.  Don't want Candiace coming for you? Don't come for her).

Nothing Candiace did or said justified Monique acting like a wild thug running around a barn threatening to kill someone because they twirled around and said "I'm sleep I'm bored."  Monique is right where she needs to be.

Here's the thing: Candiace DID learn from what happened last year.  She learned it doesn't matter if she disengages or walks away, people want her ass beat anyway.  So she might as well say whatever out of her mouth because it really doesn't matter.

If Candiace had known from the beginning about Mia's mom she never would've said any "yo momma*" because she could've went in plenty of times on Ashley's mom and she never has.  I personally would have.

Because Wendy is just as fake as she accused Karen of being last season.  I hope Candiace is watching these episodes and seeing how Wendy is kissing up to Karen, the lady who pulled a Karen and tried to get Candiace fired last season and now scrambling up to Mia, who started the whole situation with Candiace in the first place when Wendy is the one who told Candiace about Mia gossiping in the first place.

Either Wendy used Candiace to throw a rock at Mia so she could have clean hands or Wendy is setting Candiace up to be gone.  I'm not sure which one it is yet. Otherwise, Wendy wouldn't have singled Mia out for gossiping with Wendy.  If Wendy was going to tell the story, Wendy should've told Candiace the whole story and told her Mia, Karen, Robyn and Gizelle were gossiping with Dorothy too.

*I'm going to need for black people in particular to stop clutching their pearls over "yo momma" when "yo momma" jokes have been a staple of comedy since elementary school.  It's a childish insult that shouldn't be taken seriously but again Mia weaponizes her foster care upbringing and mother's drug woes to shield herself from being held accountable for her bullshit.

I applaud this entire post. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Jeopardy15 said:

THIS! Ashley is forever jumping into things that have nothing to do with her. She hates Candiace and will take any opportunity to trash her. 

This is why Chris Bassett needs to be sat right on down.  Neither he nor Candiace are thinking and I'm going to need both of them to stop being stupid and start thinking with a cold head:

Ashley & Michael will ALWAYS hate Chris and Candiace because

• Candiace called out Michael wanting to suck ____________'s dick and his cheating rumors
  • Chris gave a police statement about the cameraman to the police when the situation at Monique's house went down

Chris & Candiace calling out Michael's predatory ways directly affects Michael's freedom and money.  If Michael is jailed and has to pay out a lot of money, Ashley's lifestyle suffers.  Chris and Candiace telling the truth about Michael Darby threatens to shut down Ashley's lifestyle and she will never forgive Candiace for it and any chance she gets to stick it to Candiace, she will take it.

Chris did not defend Candiace not one time tonight.  Instead he tells Ashley he wishes he could get to a place with Michael like he is with G.  Sir, why do you want to get to a good place with Michael? This man who disrespected your wife and constantly calls her a criminal and you 'white trash?'  Chris should not have even entertained any conversational bullshit with Ashley; he should've nipped that in the bud ASAP.

Robyn & Gizelle weren't even at the house when the situation happened between Mia and Candiace so as they told Ashley last year that she didn't know so she shouldn't comment, they don't know so they shouldn't comment either.

• Love 12

This is coming from someone who disliked Candiance from the moment she came on the show: Ashley had no business starting up that fight at Foxy's. Mia is looking for screen time and found it by going after Candiance.

I loved Candiance's verbal comebacks on this episode.

I just hope she doesn't lose Chris with her antics.

• Love 11

Pls..if Mia’s mom relapses it’s on Mia’s mom. What a joke. Maybe Mia shouldn’t be exploiting her mom on the show.

Gordon is so gross. I don’t feel like seeing some predatory old man on my screen. We already have disgusting Michael Darby.

Mia needs to stop with her whole boss shit. Your husband let you take over his businesses. Shut up.

Robyn should’ve stayed home. I can get like her when I have my period and I try to be around no one as much as possible lol.

Michael is such a loser. Anyone trying to stick up for him is gross. Ashley can shut the fuck up too. She’s garbage as well. Let’s not bring up Monique. She went crazy last year. Candiace needs to chill but let’s not pretend Monique was innocent.

I will say again they should’ve had Dre and Askale instead of stupid Mia and gross G.

Loved Karen this episode lol.

Chris almost seems to try too hard when he’s around the other guys. I think the way he starts talking is ridiculous. It’s like he’s trying to be cool and accepted or something. I don’t know I just notice it when around a big group of the husbands. It’s kind of embarrassing. He’s still a million times better then trash Michael Darby tho but that’s a low bar lol

Edited by Marley
  • Love 13

Hmmm I wonder if Candiace’s husband is using her for tv time. It was weird he was trying to be cool with Ashley and Michael again. Candiace really has no friends on this show other than the pretty brown girl (forgot her name). I think what really set Ashley off was G’s comments about Michael and the wet nurse lol. And why was Chris randomly siting next to Gizelle. Robyn was very shameless this episode lol,she could of stayed home. I’m surprised at Wendy,she is no one’s friend.  Karen continues to be sweet and funny to me. 

• Love 6

I agree that Candiace sucks and needs to leave the show. Her tantrums are ridiculous. Her husband looks like an idiot coddling this grown woman. She could shove those tissues squares up her ass. I’m sick of her 
Mia’s husband is so cringey to watch. The tongue thing was gross and they replayed it several times. I did like when he laughed at idiot Candiaces insults. Don’t let the annoying chirping low budget gnat get to you.

Ashley got the idiot riled up again! I don’t particularly care for Ashley but that was awesome.

• Love 11

"She uses a lot of adjectives."

Said by Chris after Ashley complained about Candiace calling her "wide." Chris's description of Candiace took me out!

I wish I could say I enjoyed this episode, but I've grown tired of seeing the same low vibrational mess every week from women aged 35+. I remember when these shows were aspirational or just plain fun. It was the nastiness that drove me away from NJ, ATL, and BH (the latter of which I only returned to because I wanted to see Denise Richards. I stayed to support my girl Garcelle).

I liked that Potomac wasn't so gutter at the beginning; I enjoyed what many viewers considered boring. These women don't have long money, but they have an air and attitude all their own. They weren't ATL ripoffs. They were different and I enjoyed watching them.

Is it so hard to simply ignore people? I do it all the time. Most of the people I dislike probably aren't aware of it because I'm polite and gracious to everyone. It really isn't that hard. Oh, I know. That isn't keeping it real. That's fake. Black folk can't be about that life. Well, I learned a few years ago that keeping it real usually kept things really loud, stupid, and embarrassing. This episode is a prime example.

• Love 21

Candiace is still mad at Ashley for taking up for Monique. Candiace pulled a butter knife on Ashley and her handler husband had to restrain her. I don’t know why Candiace is excused for her violent behavior just because it was a butter knife and not a butcher knife. She is still punishing Ashley by calling her wide and other insults. Chris was pleasant to Ashley because he really does want to have a good time while Candy wants to fight because let’s face it, the music thing probably isn’t going to pan out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Well, I learned a few years ago that keeping it real usually kept things really loud, stupid, and embarrassing. This episode is a prime example.

This made me think of the Chapelle skit "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong". lol!

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I see Chris' crush on Gizelle continues. Meanwhile, Karen continues to make this show for me - from her reaction to G's creepy perv tongue mess, to not understanding sexual euphemisms like tossing salad and her general running commentary, I live for the Grand Dame. 

I know Gizelle isn't all offended about her lack of bathroom when she implicitly stated to Wendy at her Shady party that she had every intention of not letting her and Karen use her bathroom. 

As for Candiace - honestly, I'm over it. I'm starting to think Candiace is either on something, just plain delusionally batshit crazy or needs anger management. No one is denying that Mia was shady at Candiace's video shoot. But let's face it, being shady is what keeps ALL these housewives shows going. They're ALL guilty of being shady in some way or another. 

The problem is that Candiace goes into angry screaming and yelling mode in a second. It's like a switch just goes off in her head. And I want it to be noted that she confirmed multiple times, she threw the food first. I don't care that it was two small pieces or one. She struck first on that one. Then she insists that Mia was breaking things, yet she's the one that slammed her hand across the counter multiple times, sending shit flying both times. 

And sorry but I don't buy for a second that Candiace had no clue about Mia's mother. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she went there. And that fake, "oh if I knew, I'd have just talked about her big hands and feet" was more bullshit. Because the fact is, as someone noted in last week's thread, Candiace kept getting angrier and digging lower and lower the more Mia was NOT reacting to her. So when the "pimp, hoe, etc." didn't phase Mia, she went for the mother shade.

Why - if she supposedly had no clue about her mother. And what was that bullshit about the group keep coming for Dorothy...when and who? Like I said, Candiace at this point just seems like an angry, unhinged brat which might be slightly less embarrassing if she was in her early 20s and not a 35 year old woman. Grow the fuck up, already. 

amen, I am so dam sick of Candiace , but Leave it to Ashely to stir up some shit when things are calm.  

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

This made me think of the Chapelle skit "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong". lol!

Exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote it. IMO, keeping it real goes wrong more often than not.

I'll say this for Ashley: She certainly knows an entry point when she sees one. She knows Candiace is incapable of walking away from an argument; she counts on that to keep shit going. She's just as bad with her grudge-holding as Candiace is, yet never receives nearly as much blow-back when she starts shit.

• Love 11

I wanted to add that my previous post was purely just about the Mia/Candiace salad flying incident. Regarding the mess in the restaurant, Ashley was a hundred percent being her usual messy self and looking to instigate. However, it does bring up what many have noted about Candiace and her seeming inability to self-regulate. 

Yes, she throws some good shade and hits a few zingers but her battle mode is less shade and zingers, a la Karen for example and more bottom basement dwelling, the uglier the better. I mean really, referring to Michael as Ashley's overseer - a slave/slave master insult? Really girl? Especially when Candiace herself is married to a white man?

And for some who question the proof of Candiace's knowing about Mia's mother, when she finally stopped screaming at the top of her lungs like a banshee that she didn't care when Karen was questioning her about knowing, she eventually said, "when I said the comment at Gizelle's party, I didn't know..." and the sentence seemed to trail off.

I personally took that as she DID know after. That likely Gizelle told her and it just wasn't shown. Because it would also explain why, please note when Gizelle and Robyn were discussing the incident with her, Gizelle didn't go, "I know you don't know but there's some horrible stuff about her mother or something of that nature." She immediately jumped to telling Candiace she was wrong and shouldn't have gone there.

So again, IMHO, Candiace knew exactly what she was doing and I maintain it's because she got angrier and angrier when she wasn't getting the reaction she hoped from from Mia with all the pimp and his hoe and concubine shade. So she went for the one she knew would get to her. 

On a separate note, G is creepy and gross and I wouldn't sleep under the same roof with him. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Axie said:

Candyass needs to go.  I don’t understand why Chris puts up with her.  She’s horrible.

All of ladies have some trash, but I wish Monique had stayed with the show, I enjoyed seeing her lifestyle and her interaction with family. I don't agree with the fighting, but I believe she would have been ok this season.  Candyass has some deep-rooted issues and I am just over it and I believe her husband is too.     

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candiace is still mad at Ashley for taking up for Monique. Candiace pulled a butter knife on Ashley and her handler husband had to restrain her. I don’t know why Candiace is excused for her violent behavior just because it was a butter knife and not a butcher knife. She is still punishing Ashley by calling her wide and other insults. Chris was pleasant to Ashley because he really does want to have a good time while Candy wants to fight because let’s face it, the music thing probably isn’t going to pan out.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, byrd said:

All of ladies have some trash, but I wish Monique had stayed with the show, I enjoyed seeing her lifestyle and her interaction with family. I don't agree with the fighting, but I believe she would have been ok this season.  Candyass has some deep-rooted issues and I am just over it and I believe her husband is too.     

Chris is always pleasant even to creepy Michael Darby, Michael is just a stupid man and need to keep his mouth shut.  Chris tries to behave like an adult unless he's pushed to his limit. His wife on the other hand is a child.  

11 hours ago, Axie said:

G is really, really creepy.

I like ole creepy G LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4

Yes - ya momma jokes were a black community staple. But we were not 35 years old. I'm not sure where Candiace got her reputation for being a "wordsmith." There is nothing intelligent or noteworthy about the way she argues. Yelling "bitch, hoe, pimp and ya momma" does not a wordsmith make.

With G and Michael Darby on the scene, Aviva's dad finally has some competition for absolutely the worst man on a Housewives show.

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Yes - ya momma jokes were a black community staple. But we were not 35 years old. I'm not sure where Candiace got her reputation for being a "wordsmith." There is nothing intelligent or noteworthy about the way she argues. Yelling "bitch, hoe, pimp and ya momma" does not a wordsmith make.

Yes, THAT, and since we are intellectually honest about the black community, "ya momma jokes" are the quickest way to get your ass beat ... if you're REALLY about that life.

For all of Little Candiace's bragging about her country club rearing, she's just a common guttersnipe.

Edited by StillHere
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, JustbeingReal said:

Hmmm I wonder if Candiace’s husband is using her for tv time. It was weird he was trying to be cool with Ashley and Michael again.

This is what I mean by Candiace not having anyone to defend her.  Michael (who has been charged with crimes) has called Candiace (who has not been arrested or charged with any crime) a "criminal" on camera on several occasions.  He's denigrated Chris and called him white trash, a loser, a nobody etc.  Michael's wife wrote a retaliatory statement to the police as get back on your wife.  Why do you seek to get to a friendly place with these people? You could see a cloud come over Candiace's face when Chris said that, too.

Having said that, I don't think Chris is using Candiace for TV time because if he is, he should be promoting his cooking classes and he's not doing that (and he should be).

5 hours ago, JustbeingReal said:

I think what really set Ashley off was G’s comments about Michael and the wet nurse lol.

Then Ashley should've blasted G, not Candiace.  And I'm tired of Ashley's ghetto voice everytime she talks to or about Candiace.

4 hours ago, eXiled said:

Is it so hard to simply ignore people? I do it all the time. Most of the people I dislike probably aren't aware of it because I'm polite and gracious to everyone.

We want to get on Candiace but the other parties involved can hit the Ignore button on Candiace, too.  But they won't because picking picking picking at Candiace serves a purpose for them.  Ashley (and Andy Cohen) are still tight about Candiace's tweets from almost 3 years ago, singing a sob story of "I was in Labor!"  But Ashley, why are you mad tweeting while in labor? Why is Candiace even on your mind while you're in labor?

The easiest way to handle Candiace is to ignore her but they won't because Candiace having tantrums serves real purposes for all of them, Chris and Dorothy included.

1 hour ago, eXiled said:

She's just as bad with her grudge-holding as Candiace is, yet never receives nearly as much blow-back when she starts shit.

Exactly and it makes me want them to fire Candiace so Ashley can't lean on Candiace hate anymore to help her skate through with her bullshit.

As long as Candiace is on the show, the rest of the castmembers get to skate on their BS and fly under the radar because we can always point at Candiace.

1 hour ago, byrd said:

but I wish Monique had stayed with the show, I enjoyed seeing her lifestyle and her interaction with family. I don't agree with the fighting, but I believe she would have been ok this season. 

Monique is right where she belongs.  The problem wasn't necessarily Monique fighting; it was Monique in such a rage it took 6 grown men to pull her off of Candiace.  She had all of this rage to the point of uttering death threats on Candiace and then ran a year long smear campaign on Candiace.  And the gag is, this rage was towards Gizelle (and Charrisse and Gigi).  She should've been making Gizelle's (and Charrisse & Gigi's) head ring.  Candiace got her ass whooped because of what Gizelle, Charrisse and Gigi did.  Had Chris so tight he was cussing Charrisse out at the Safeway.

She's at her house where she needs to be and needs to stay.  She could end up being mad at Gizelle and trying to whoop Wendy's ass next.

39 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Yes - ya momma jokes were a black community staple. But we were not 35 years old.

If you are 35 years old and getting mad at a "yo momma" joke, it's because what was said in the joke is true about your momma.  That goes for Mia and that goes for Mariah of "Married 2 Medicine" too.  

39 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm not sure where Candiace got her reputation for being a "wordsmith." There is nothing intelligent or noteworthy about the way she argues. Yelling "bitch, hoe, pimp and ya momma" does not a wordsmith make.

What Candiace says to them is very noteworthy and strikes a nerve; otherwise

• Ashley wouldn't still be pressed Candiace called Michael a slavedriver/overseer, because we all know when Michael says Jump, Ashley has to say "How High" or he will put her back out onto the streets
  • Gizelle wouldn't have gotten pressed over Candiace calling her house a $900K tear down cabin; now we see other cast members calling her house "Motel Gizelle," asking why they would be jealous "of this", shading the construction of her home.  Gizelle was mad because she knows she should have torn down that house and started from scratch; that's what everyone else in the DMV does
  • Mia wouldn't have thrown the bowl of salad at Candiace for calling her a nightwalker and asking where her pimp was; Mia didn't throw the salad because of anything Candiace was saying about her mother, Mia threw that salad because she was upset at being called a ho
  • Monique wouldn't have beat Candiace's ass for calling out the fact Monique was pretending to be asleep so she wouldn't have to deal with Candiace; the "Good Night, I'm Sleep" triggered Monique's rage because Gizelle was laughing at Monique being called out but Monique knew she couldn't lay hands on Gizelle and get away with it so she beat Candiace's ass instead

Candiace, more often than not, tells the truth about the women, and they all know it and that's why they say "Candiace's mouth is a trash can, it's reckless etc."  But one thing nobody has said about Candiace's mouth is that she's lying about them.

Yes, THAT, and since we are intellectually honest about the black community, "ya momma jokes" are the quickest way to get your ass beat ... if you're REALLY about that life.

If we're intellectually honest about the black community and "yo momma jokes" it's mainly "middle class" black people going around pretending like "they're about that life" and would "beat somebody's ass" for talking reckless and we know ain't nobody out here actually laying hands on anyone; it's all a bunch of puffery to sound big and bad and tough.  We cheer folks like Monique because the majority of the viewers cheering her on or saying Candiace needs her ass beat are not about that life.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I see "drunk Chris" made an appearance last night. I generally like Chris, but he does become a little aggressive when he's drunk. There are a handful of Candiace's Instagram lives, where she either had to cut off his alcohol consumption or she's had to sheepishly smile and apologize for his behavior. There was one live where she had to stop the video for a few seconds,  apologize for his five minute drunken tirade and cut off his alcohol consumption. 

Candiace is my favorite,  but sis was wrong for starting the salad toss. I was a Mental Health Social Worker for five years and her behavior reminds me of two clients I had in particular. These two clients were sexually assaulted as children. They were nice individuals for the most part, but would "go off" without any warning. They both thought that their trauma didn't affect them because they suppressed it and were able to be contributing members of society and were married.

Ashley please hush! You're married to a sexual predator and you enable his behavior. You have no room to talk about anyone else's behavior. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Candiace, more often than not, tells the truth about the women, and they all know it and that's why they say "Candiace's mouth is a trash can, it's reckless etc."  But one thing nobody has said about Candiace's mouth is that she's lying about them.

Words that hurt and being a wordsmith are not synonymous in my opinion. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 9

I don’t know why Candiace is excused for her violent behavior just because it was a butter knife and not a butcher knife. 

This, Candiace weak ass throwing arm and the fact it's butter knife somehow absolves of her being violent and judged,  why be surprised the lessons she learned was if you are gonna get physical/aggressive be BAD at it (the butter knife, the finger pointing, the lettuce leaves) and you are off the hook. And this woman weaponizes tears like a professional Karen. Even in this conflict with Mia no one is mentioning her flinging bronze tchotchke across the island, again pure luck it injured no one and broke nothing. Mia shouldn't tossed salad and The Mouth shouldn't have flung bronze.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

This is what I mean by Candiace not having anyone to defend her.  Michael (who has been charged with crimes) has called Candiace (who has not been arrested or charged with any crime) a "criminal" on camera on several occasions.  He's denigrated Chris and called him white trash, a loser, a nobody etc.  Michael's wife wrote a retaliatory statement to the police as get back on your wife.  Why do you seek to get to a friendly place with these people? You could see a cloud come over Candiace's face when Chris said that, too.

Not even gonna lie: I caught that too and it was concerning. No matter what Chris thinks about Candiace's mode of communication, she is still his wife. He chose her. He doesn't have to be nasty or petty or bullying to check the other women and let them know he stands by his wife. Unfortunately, I think a lot of what we saw last night is Chris being tired. Let's be honest: When Candi's mad, Chris CAN and DOES get it too. We've seen it. And honey, does she go low. Candiace does not reserve her wrath for just the ladies. She's exhausting, and he's probably tired of having to talk her down.

The easiest way to handle Candiace is to ignore her but they won't because Candiace having tantrums serves real purposes for all of them, Chris and Dorothy included.

I wish they would. I'm great at icing out a dumb bitch. They just have nowhere to go when you remain composed and don't engage. After a while, they withdraw because they don't want to look unhinged when you're unresponsive (or even giggly).

Monique is right where she belongs.  The problem wasn't necessarily Monique fighting; it was Monique in such a rage it took 6 grown men to pull her off of Candiace. She had all of this rage to the point of uttering death threats on Candiace and then ran a year long smear campaign on Candiace.  And the gag is, this rage was towards Gizelle (and Charrisse and Gigi).  She should've been making Gizelle's (and Charrisse & Gigi's) head ring.  Candiace got her ass whooped because of what Gizelle, Charrisse and Gigi did.  Had Chris so tight he was cussing Charrisse out at the Safeway.

I agree. Monique went full out on a woman who had once been her friend. Yet Gizelle, a woman who came for her during her first episode and continued to be rude, shady, and dismissive, received no smoke. In fact, Mo appeared to be trying to befriend Gizelle toward the end of her tenure on the show. As for Charisse, Mo wasn't looking for nothing Charrisse had for her if she'd remained on the show. That wasn't even a question.

I don't care WHAT Candiace said, HOW she said it, or the MEANING behind her words. She did not deserve to be assaulted or have her life threatened. Especially after Candiace had spent the episodes before that one walking away from her former friend when Mo tried to engage. I hate fighting, but I would have respected Monique more if she'd grabbed Gizelle up when she came out her face. Yet she never did. She saved that for the easy target.

I hated every minute of it because from the moment Mo advised Giz that she had four homes, she was my favorite. Damn shame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Mia uses her mother's recovery the same way Ashley uses motherhood.  

Mia drags her mother on national TV and browbeats her for not watching her kids enough.  Mia drags her mother on TV and has her relive her darkest and most shameful moments on national TV.  

She really doesn't think that is going to invite cruel commentary from the general public?

Life itself is going to invite cruel commentary and if her mother is really that fragile, then I don't know why Mia thinks a change in environment and situation so that she can now watch Mia's kids would be any good for her.  

If a person she doesn't know, who doesn't know her, calling her low budget is going to send her to relapse then why is Mia bringing her onto this show in the first place?  

All of these women should be treated equally.  Mia used Candace's mother to hurt her.  Candace used Mia's mother to hurt her.  

And the only difference is that it is highly likely that Mia knew about Candace's strained relationship with her mother before she did it, and Candace did not know about Mia's mother and made an offhand 'yo momma style joke.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 11