Type keyword(s) to search

Show Spoilers and Book Talk

Athena
  • Start Topic

That link doesn't work for me and I can find no evidence online of a trailer released more recently than Feb 11.  I wonder if it got out there prematurely and then Starz pulled it?  

Maybe, it worked for me when I tried it.

They added at the beginning

Claire looking at the sky from within the stones,transition to her walking the road in a stupor type method and a gentleman asked if she's all right; Claire asked the year and he tells her 1948, everything else is the same except at ~1:22 mark she's in the hospital and a photographer is there.

Edited by GrailKing

Maybe, it worked for me when I tried it.

They added at the beginning

Claire looking at the sky from within the stones,transition to her walking the road in a stupor type method and a gentleman asked if she's all right; Claire asked the year and he tells her 1948, everything else is the same except at ~1:22 mark she's in the hospital and a photographer is there.

I'd love to be able to read that guy's thoughts , he drives up to a woman wearing 18th century garb who asked him for the year . Crazy ?  Regarding the photographer , Roger finds a couple of newspaper articles about Claire's reappearance  and one of them had her picture in it . 

I'd love to be able to read that guy's thoughts , he drives up to a woman wearing 18th century garb who asked him for the year . Crazy ?  Regarding the photographer , Roger finds a couple of newspaper articles about Claire's reappearance  and one of them had her picture in it . 

That doesn't surprise me though, what would surprise me is if he and or Frank finds an 

historical painting / picture or such showing her two rings in a 18th century setting.

1948 onward there be records some where; even Ripley's believe it or not.

Plus,

Geillis also has a newspaper clipping of Claire's return with all her other "research" she had in that journal of hers.

I was thinking maybe it was after Faith. Maybe it's part of his journey to Claire.

Or maybe they're doing this instead of the them finding the cave with the remains of the two people entangled? 

It really could be anything, it sounds like they're diverging from the books quite a bit in S2, so, who knows?

It could also be nothing but a set for a photo shoot.  I just watched all the videos on the EW site about the cover shoot and Sam and Cait talk about shooting the second half of the season, speaking in the past tense.  That tells me that by the time the photos were shot the French sets had probably all been dismantled.  So I assumed that all the sets we see for the EW photos are just sets they used for the photo shoot and not necessarily actual sets or locations used in the show.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1
(edited)

Another episode title:

Season 2, Episode 5: "Untimely Resurrection"

A lot of the spoilers for the next season are compiled on this page.
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/outlander/238332/outlander-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-cast-info-and-more

It confirms that:
Talking to Zap2it about the casting of the role (Brianna), showrunner Ronald D. Moore said about Brianna: “You will get to see her [but] not until we get back to the 1968 story, which won’t be for a while — towards the end of the season."

ETA: Interview with Sam and Cait re Season 2 by Entertainment Tonight Online:

http://www.9news.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/exclusive-outlander-stars-spill-on-jamie-and-claires-wonderful-new-bond-and-more-complex/72326328

Edited by Nidratime

I get that they are promo stills, but I still think it's weird.  

I guess I'm just traumatized from that one time when Sandra Lee moved the contents of her living and dining room - even the chandelier - to the woods for a picnic. 

Louise de Rohan, who I believe is a French noblewoman, who befriends Claire in France and is also the mistress of Bonnie Prince Charlie.

OK, thanks, I'm currently looking something up in google with regards to what I read in DIA.

Update on who's writing which episode and the episode titles we know thus far:

2x01 - Through a Glass, Darkly - Ron Moore

2x02 - Not in Scotland Anymore - Ira Steven Behr

2x03 - Useful Occupations and Deceptions - Anne Kenney

2x04 - La Dame Blanche - Toni Graphia

2x05 - Untimely Resurrection - Richard Kahan

2x06 - Best Laid Schemes - Matthew B. Roberts

2x07 - Faith - Toni Graphia

2x08 - Anne Kenney

2x09 - Matthew B. Roberts

2x10 - Ira Steven Behr

2x11 - Diana Gabaldon

2x12 - Anne Kenney & Ira Steven Behr

2x13 - Matthew B. Roberts and Toni Graphia

That makes sense. I'm thinking Prestonpans will be episode 10 if Faith is episode 7. that'll give 'em one episode for the aftermath of Faith, one episode to travel back to Scotland and learn of the sneaky Prince adding Jamie's name to his declaration and get on the road.

ETA: Oops didn't see there was another page.

Edited by DittyDotDot

DDD, I was just going through the list so far and they are not leaving a lot of time for Scotland/ and 1948/1968. Really hoping we get some Roger and Bree but now I'm wondering if it's going to be just a brief glimpse of them?

I really need to stop obsessing and just let it happen, go with the flow. Just finished House of Cards hoping for a distraction.

I can't wait for April!

Another thought, I am assuming they will be including the Alex/Mary/BJR thing but I really am wondering how they will squeeze it in with all that needs to be covered after the Sandringham episode.

I'm suspecting we won't see much of Roger or Bree until season 3. Sounds like they're gonna do some 1960's stuff with Frank earlier in the season, though. I think they're just going to tease us with Bree and Roger at the end of the season and then have to wait for S3 to delve into their story more.

Ok, so Prestonpans as 2.09. I'm guessing not a lot of down time at Lollybroch. I really hope they do include Geillis in 1968. I'm also wondering what new stuff we will get, like last seasons "the watch." And will the 1948 stuff be scattered into the other episodes or will it be at the end?

Part of me wishes all episodes would be released at once a la Netflix/House of Cards, but I think I'm really glad that I am forced to take a week between them because I know I would binge and then wish for more.

Edited by morgan

Young actor who was casted to play teenage John Grey is listed for episode 2.09 according to IMDB. So I guess that's when Prestonpans happens, with Claire&Jamie returning to Lallybroch and learning that he now must join he rebellion in episode 2.08. So they are going to have 6 episodes to cover Scottish part/1968. They would need to cover some of their life in occupied Edinburgh, Claire treating Alex, Dougal's arrival and Collum's death, Jamie's visit at Lord Lovat, arrestment of Lallybroch men, Jamie rescuing Claire and Mary from Sandringham and finally Alex's death and Mary being wed to BJR. After that DG took them straight to Culloden in the book. I'm suspecting they will manage to cover it in 5 episodes and only leave Dougal's death and Jamie sending Claire back for episode 13, with the rest of episode devoted to 1968 stuff/Brianna&Roger.

I wonder if they managed to fit "searching for Geillis" storyline somewhere.

Oh, see since Jamie meets John in the woods before the battle of Prestonpans, I was thinking it wouldn't be in the same episode as the battle? I thought they might do an "on the road" episode before they get into the actual battles. I also wonder if they'll give a whole episode to that battle? The way it was written in the book, I could see it as being an episode of it's own. There's a lot of stuff to cover here, though, so maybe not.

I'm suspecting all the 1968 stuff, except for a brief meeting of Bree and Roger, to be shifted to S3. I'm imagining the beginning of the season starting with Claire arriving back in the future and it seems like she's telling Frank the story, but at the end of the season we'll see it's really Bree and Roger. 

Edited by DittyDotDot

I was just reading the part about Prestonpans and even though there's a lot of it in the book, there's isn't so much that happens that they can't cover it in one episode along with John Grey parts.  At least half of it is Claire's musings as she prepares for the wounded and when she is treating the wounded.  Most of the action takes place off-screen so I imagine they'll replace musings with action.  Also, the battle itself was very short.  

If we don't see Fergus on the cannon, I'll be disappointed.

• Love 1

Louise de Rohan, who I believe is a French noblewoman, who befriends Claire in France and is also the mistress of Bonnie Prince Charlie.

And owns a monkey with sharp teeth (sadly I think  this is one thing that's not going to make it into the show , I always loved that scene )

• Love 3

All the episode titles with their associated writers. (Episode 12's title is pretty clever.)

2x01 - Through a Glass, Darkly - Ron Moore
2x02 - Not in Scotland Anymore - Ira Steven Behr
2x03 - Useful Occupations and Deceptions - Anne Kenney
2x04 - La Dame Blanche - Toni Graphia
2x05 - Untimely Resurrection - Richard Kahan
2x06 - Best Laid Schemes - Matthew B. Roberts
2x07 - Faith - Toni Graphia
2x08 - The Fox’s Lair- Anne Kenney
2x09 - Je Suis Prest - Matthew B. Roberts
2x10 - Prestonpans - Ira Steven Behr
2x11 - Vengeance Is Mine - Diana Gabaldon
2x12 - The Hail Mary - Anne Kenney & Ira Steven Behr
2x13 - Dragonfly in Amber - Matthew B. Roberts and Toni Graphia

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 4

Excellent! Thanks for posting this.

I'm confused because I assume The Fox's Lair is with old Lovat, but to come right after Faith? No Lallybroch? Or maybe it's all compressed.

Can't wait!!!

Edited by morgan

They probably shifted things around so people don't get confused and it makes mores sense. In the novel, that last part of the story can be quite confusing, going from "the battlefield" to "the old fox" and back again, plus all the other maneuvering. I bet they streamlined and simplified.

• Love 2
Episode 2x11 title probably refers to Sandringham's death at Murtaugh's hands and episode 2x12 features Mary&BJR wedding.

Well, when I think of a "Hail Mary," I not only think of the literal name of the character, Mary, but I think of that football terminology, the Hail Mary pass, which is defined as a very long forward pass in football, made in desperation with only a small chance of success. So, to me, that's what Jamie is trying in his last days/hours with Claire -- planning to get Fergus away to Lollybroch (with Jamie's last will), seeing Claire off into the unknown future -- which is definitely something they're taking on faith -- and returning to try and get his men out of harms way before the big battle -- all of which seems like a lot to accomplish with no guarantees.

The thing about the last episode is that they're going to have to include stuff from the beginning of the book as well as from the end -- the entire framing device.

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 2