Type keyword(s) to search

My Life Is Murder - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Another season ended, another good season.
I know it is a show about murders but I love how bright and colorful is.
It reminds me a bit of Death in Paradise.
And Lucy really shines. And the locations are gorgeous. 
Do we know if we will have another season? I really hope so.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I like that Alexa has kind of flirty relationships with Harry and Reuben, but they aren't in romantic relationships.  

I liked the "fashion show" at the end of episode 10.  It looked as if they weren't sure if the show would be picked up for a new season and if not, this would be the "we're family" series finale.  

I think Madison is really attractive, but there is no way she would be accepted as a runway model at her weight -- which is fine for a regular person, but models are thin, almost anorexic.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, buckboard said:

I like that Alexa has kind of flirty relationships with Harry and Reuben, but they aren't in romantic relationships.  

I liked the "fashion show" at the end of episode 10.  It looked as if they weren't sure if the show would be picked up for a new season and if not, this would be the "we're family" series finale.  

I think Madison is really attractive, but there is no way she would be accepted as a runway model at her weight -- which is fine for a regular person, but models are thin, almost anorexic.  

Now days they do accept some "overweight" models. Not because they really like it, for PR /PC reasons I am afraid...

Edited by Zaffy

I too enjoy this show - it is a pleasant way to spend an hour.

I hadn't thought that the end scene might have been a series finale - I'll be disappointed if the show doesn't return.  However, that was a really nice scene.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I agree with so many of the thoughts shared already. It was a really pleasant and enjoyable season, really comforting, like revisiting friends. Lucy Lawless is wonderful. I've loved her since Xena, and watched her a little in Spartacus which was quite the turn. Forget, that she was also in Battlestar Galactica. This has been really a really fun show to watch her in. 

I also felt like if the show doesn't come back, that last scene in E10 would be a nice sendoff. But I want another season, maybe 2 more! 

Felt nice to see Alexa acknowledge quietly to herself that she does have friends and that she's happy to have them. 

10 episodes really doesn't feel like enough!

Edited by msani19
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I really enjoy this show -- and I did not like it in the first season. The relationship between Alexa and Madison is great and I like the addition of Beth to the team. 

The bright colors shown throughout the show really do add to the mood. Auckland looks sparkling and gorgeous. 

I hope that they get additional seasons. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 11/9/2022 at 8:52 AM, LisaM said:

The bright colors shown throughout the show really do add to the mood. Auckland looks sparkling and gorgeous. 

You must not be watching all the crime and mystery shows of the UK! Nothing but sunshine and blue skies all the time. And the characters are cheerful and energetic, too! You can't imagine anyone ever being depressed there. 🙄

I like to watch the shows coming out of NZ and Australia. Not only do they tend to be lighter, but...sunshine. The Good Karma Hospital is colorful, too. 

Edited by mojito
  • Like 2
On 2/18/2023 at 12:53 AM, laredhead said:

I just read this, so it looks like there will be a season 3 - In February 2022, the series was renewed for a third 10-episode season by Acorn.

You mean a season 4??

Zaffy, no word on a Season 4 yet.  When I posted my earlier comment last Friday, I was not aware that Season 3 was on Acorn.  it had not popped up on my watch list.  Since last Friday, I have watched all of it, and really hope there is a Season 4 coming.

• Like 2
On 10/25/2023 at 11:43 AM, mojito said:

https://www.techradar247.com/2023/07/26/my-life-is-murder-season-4-release-date/

The article has some confusing sentences, I think, like seemingly talking about a main Season 1 character as not returning in Season 4. I'd like to see the Harry character return. I liked the way he and Alexa fake-flirted with each other. 

This article is from India. Obviously English isn't the author's first language.

• Like 1