Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E02: Some Kind of Tomorrow

Bort
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Norasuke said:

I'm still trying to figure out how a yoni egg could make it out of a self-contained vagina and into one's intestines to cause a blockage. Was the patient so distracted, she put the yoni egg in the wrong place, too? (Maybe that was implied by the strawberry switcheroo.)

She swallowed it. What I don't get is how she didn't realize it wasn't a strawberry as soon as she put it in her mouth? Was she supposed to swallow the strawberry whole? 

(Though, most doctors don't recommend using those eggs as directed, either.)

• Love 3
On 10/10/2021 at 4:01 AM, izabella said:

They must have some reason for why this is happening in Minnesota, becasue there is zero reason the writers couldn't have written this lab story in Seattle.  Parkinson's guy could have been a tech millionaire or doctor in Seattle.  He never had to be from or located in Minneapolis in the first place.

I think they set it in Minnesota so she could meet up with Dr Nick Marsh again.  Mind you, they could have just had him come into to Grey-Sloan for another organ transplant. 

10 hours ago, Norasuke said:

I'm still trying to figure out how a yoni egg could make it out of a self-contained vagina and into one's intestines to cause a blockage. Was the patient so distracted, she put the yoni egg in the wrong place, too? (Maybe that was implied by the strawberry switcheroo.)

Yes, I think she got confused (how?) and stuck them in the wrong places.  

14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

She swallowed it. What I don't get is how she didn't realize it wasn't a strawberry as soon as she put it in her mouth? Was she supposed to swallow the strawberry whole?

Of course she swallowed it; duh! I think I was expecting a chipped tooth or something if it had gone in her mouth (although that would keep any sane person from continuing to try to eat the thing and then there'd be no story). Sheesh.

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Court said:

I wanted Glasses to fail miserably. I still can't understand why Helm and him stayed while the other residents in their class were actually interesting. 

They had better things to do than this mess?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love Scott Speedman but I get zero chemistry with Mer. [same w bald Irish dr].

The only intern/resident I liked was Parker and TPTB got rid of him early on.  Glasses is an idiot. 

Imma need Link and Jo to stay friends and Link and Amelia to reconcile STAT. 

I always liked Megan so I'm cool with her sticking around.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AzraeltheCat said:

I love Scott Speedman but I get zero chemistry with Mer. [same w bald Irish dr].

Yeah, Mere doesn't give off any chemistry vibes with anyone lately.  She is pretty detached and untouchable emotionally.   I wish they'd stop trying to pair her up with people - it's not working.

• Love 8
On 10/10/2021 at 2:29 PM, ams1001 said:

(Though, most doctors don't recommend using those eggs as directed, either.)

I was a bit confused (as apparently she was too.) She was supposed to eat the strawberry and put the other thing in her hoo ha?

I think I'll stick to conventional medicine.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, nokat said:

I was a bit confused (as apparently she was too.) She was supposed to eat the strawberry and put the other thing in her hoo ha?

Yeah. Don't put rocks in your hoo ha, folks. (Seriously, they can harbor bacteria and cause infections. Never listen to Gwyneth or whatever the Grey's World equivalent is called.)

Also don't eat them.

• Love 2
On 10/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, AzraeltheCat said:

The only intern/resident I liked was Parker and TPTB got rid of him early on. 

I had a major crush on Parker and I miss him very much. I love how he was ex-military, a computer hacker, AND a competent doctor. Bring him back, tptb! More trans representation played by trans actors!

• Love 10
On 10/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, AzraeltheCat said:

I don't even know who he is (he seems fine), but I agree that they have no chemistry!  I didn't see it last time or this time...  Since Patrick Dempsey left, I've only seen chemistry between Meredith and Riggs, and Meredith and Deluca.  And even then, it wasn't much, but at least it was a wee little bit.  It's not like I'm the be-all end-all judge on who has chemistry and who doesn't, but at least I can usually see it.  😂😉

• Love 2
On 10/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, statsgirl said:

Deep Brain Stimulation

It doesn't cure Parkinson's though and that's what the Peter Gallagher character was looking for.

A brief medical interlude:

I know DBS doesn't cure Parkinson's, but it can be pretty miraculous when it works. A friend of my parents had the surgery, he was in a wheelchair, tremors so bad he couldn't always feed himself.  After surgery, no more wheelchair, much less tremors. That was over ten years ago, he does need a cane now, but still no wheelchair and the tremors are still under control.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program😎

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, KaveDweller said:

I was disappointed Mama Ortiz is no longer on the show. She was a good character. It's great that she has a job with Jackson, but the other interns are not as interesting. And how long are Glasses and Helm going to be inexperienced? They started back in season 14, so I think they are in their last year of residency, right?

Boston now has Jackson, April, Koracick, and Mama Ortiz. Send Amelia, Link, Richard (and Bailey!) east, and that's 1000 times a better show than Grey's.

Edited by LexieLily
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

And what is it about Boston? Meredith grew up there after Ellis left Seattle and was pregnant with Maggie and didn’t Jackson grow up there too?

Yeah, I think Jackson grew up there because that's where the Avery Foundation was headquarters, which is also why he had to move back there. (Because the head of a company could never move its headquarters to a new city).

But someone on the writing staff must be from Boston since they have made it home to almost everyone. I think Winston is from there and didn't Meredith go to college there?

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

And what is it about Boston? Meredith grew up there after Ellis left Seattle and was pregnant with Maggie and didn’t Jackson grow up there too?

It seems Mass General is the Grey Sloane of the East Coast. Maybe they are connected via the Avery Foundation, or the residency program. But most aren't just going to Boston; they are going to Boston to work at Mass Gen. 

• Love 1

Do they really expect us to believe Mer will leave a hospital named after her and where she is actually worshipped?  Sure. I  do like the Winston character apart from Maggie so he can stay.  Teddy is a horrible person. If Owen wants that, we’ll, it’s on him. I’ll join the others who would run away screaming if Schmitt showed up to do my surgery.

I might have other thoughts but they’ll have to wait till I’m over the headache caused by the giant anvil that fell on my head.

• Love 1