Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

S18.E02: Some Kind of Tomorrow

Recommended Posts

Meredith seeks advice from Amelia. Meanwhile, Richard is reenergized as he takes teaching to a new level at the hospital, and Winston treats a patient suffering from kidney failure.


Airdate: 7 Oct 2021

Share this post


Link to post

Guess Jo got to the salon...still don't love her as a blonde but the hair is at least better.

If Leo wants to wear princess costumes to daycare, let him. He's what, three? He'll probably outgrow it. Or not. Let the kid have some fun. (I did love that the presumed-judgy dad turned out to just want to know where he could get one for his kid.)

If I were that patient, you could not pay me to let Glasses operate after his introduction to her. And instead of having the experienced surgeon right next to him, y'know, teach him (at a teaching hospital?!), they have his fellow residents telling him what to do from the gallery where they can't possibly see everything that he sees?

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

This crop of interns/residents have no business being actual doctors. They're a mockery of what M.A.G.I.C, plus Lexie, were - because while Meredith and Co. all had their immature moments, they were ultimately passionate and surgery-hungry young doctors who made real effort to learn and be the best. These newer kids are idiots. Glasses and Helm have been here how long and they still act like they're fresh out of medical school. It's not very funny, nor endearing, if that is what the show is going for.  

At this rate, the series should end with Grey+Sloan Memorial being forced to close down due to negligence and incompetence. 

Grey's in recent years has been as subtle as the running of the bulls, and it appears tptb ruined Riggs and Megan's lovely happy ending frolicking on a beach so she could flirt with Hayes - whose son will conveniently be okay with dad dating again when the time comes for them to hook up. 

The Grey's PR-heavy push for Scott Speedman in the promos and commercials is having the opposite effect on me. YMMV

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, funnygirl said:

At this rate, Grey's should end with Grey+Sloan Memorial being forced to close down due to negligence and incompetence. 

The whole Minnesota opportunity would be a good way to end the series, if they were headed that way. Let Meredith and Amelia go save the world. I guess it's too early in the season to be a likely option, though.

Also remind me never to get an endoscopy from any of these children. (Helm's little-girl braids don't really inspire confidence, either.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

The whole Minnesota opportunity would be a good way to end the series, if they were headed that way. Let Meredith and Amelia go save the world. I guess it's too early in the season to be a likely option, though.

I must be too snarky for my own good but I thought Meredith invited Amelia to be a part of the project so even if she moved to Minnesota she wouldn't lose her built-in, 24/7 babysitter for the kids. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

How does Meredith possibly raise 3 kids on her own?  Between work, dating, sleeping around, traveling, when does she ever see them?  They’re way too old for daycare and there’s never any mention of a nanny.  Just doesn’t seem like there was any point in giving her all these kids.  And now she’s going to fly to Minnesota once a week?

Also, why is every doctor on this show a single parent?  

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Helm's little-girl braids don't really inspire confidence, either

Poor Helm, she'll have braids on and off for the duration. The GA hair people love them. Meredith is 50 and wore them last year or the year before.

Quote

 

I must be too snarky for my own good but I thought Meredith invited Amelia to be a part of the project so even if she moved to Minnesota she wouldn't lose her built-in, 24/7 babysitter for the kids.

 

Ha! Maybe Maggie will show up next week. Meredith needs Amelia or another neurosurgeon since she has no neuro training or experience other than during her early resident years.

I like Linc and Jo as friends. The show needs more friendships so I am hoping the remain friends with no romance at all.

Glasses remains one of the most irritating characters on television. I'm sure they were going on the George doing the appy vibe from S1, complete with all the friends watching from the gallery, but they got babbling idiot instead. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

The Good:

The spotlight on the medical standard of the180  lb man and racism in medicine practise. Carol Tavris wrote her book The Mismeasure of Woman in 1992 and it's past time to be more aware of the differences in race as well as sex.

The spotlight on the fire pits and how it harms the people in the military charged with doing the burns. It's criminal.

The Bad:

The surgical resident Olympics. Seeing them hollering and cheering utterly turns me off having any of them as my doctor.

I hate the viewing gallery in the OR. I know that it's a staple of GA but no real hospital wastes room like that.

Parkinson's is a disease of the dopamine receptors. There is nothing surgical that can be done there, even if Meredith is The Sun.

Megan is just as rude and judgmental as she was the first time around (yay continuity).  It makes me wish that Rebel had not been cancelled.

I was disappointed to her that the mom in the mother/daughter resident team was off the show. I thought that she was the best of the new residents, and played by Lisa Vidal. Since she's gone to work for Avery, maybe she'll return in an episode.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

If Leo wants to wear princess costumes to daycare, let him. He's what, three? He'll probably outgrow it. Or not. Let the kid have some fun. (I did love that the presumed-judgy dad turned out to just want to know where he could get one for his kid.)

They are desperately trying to redeem Teddy. It's not working for me.

41 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Helm's little-girl braids don't really inspire confidence, either.

It's overdone with her long hair but that kind of braiding is popular among women surgeon's because it keeps your hair out of your eyes and face during surgery. Many years ago I taught a surgery resident how to braid her hair like that so that she could do it for surgeries.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I actually liked Amelia again in this episode. She was giving Meredith good advice, but of course they can't actually move to Minnesota because Mer has to do voiceovers about Grey-Sloane.

I must watch too many hospital shows because I keep seeing the same plots. 

I was disappointed Mama Ortiz is no longer on the show. She was a good character. It's great that she has a job with Jackson, but the other interns are not as interesting. And how long are Glasses and Helm going to be inexperienced? They started back in season 14, so I think they are in their last year of residency, right?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

So does anyone remember that curing parkinson's is Link's one of the biggest dream? I wonder if this topic reconciles him with Amelia or divides them even more. Or if the writers completely forgotten it, which is most likely...

  • Like 4
  • Useful 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm here for all the Glasses hate. Please dump him show. I feel like they decided to try to give him more personality but still not working. Get some decent residents who seem competent and write some compelling storylines.

I don't know why they felt like we really needed Megan back. They could have just created a new character.

Had we ever seen retiring Dr. Wong before? this show seemed to show an unusually high number of doctors outside of the normal circle.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I really want Meredith with Hayes, Cristina sent him!  Her twisted sister that knew her better than anyone else.  I don't know, but this relationship with Nick is feeling forced.  Almost trite.  I don't want to see Hayes with Megan, they say she isn't staying.  I know, things can change, but still. 

The Olympics between the interns, also seemed a waste.  I think they need to boot this lot and write some that have some backbone and are prepared to lay their ass on the line for their patients.  Helm spends too much time drooling over Grey, Glasses is a dweeb who seems fully inept at times and the new ones haven't had enough time spent on them, but to be whining about early starts, well they seem poorly written too.  

I loved Amelia in this episode, she seemed so unAmelia.  What I don't understand is Meredith's role in the study,  Did I miss something last week?  I only watched it once.  I also don't like the fact that Meredith is flying away from her kids once a week.  Does this mean we will have to see her get together with Nick every week when she visits?

I really like Winston too.  He was such a great advocate for his patient.  Also grateful the texting with Maggie stopped before we had to read sexting.  🙃

While I still can't fathom how Owen and Teddy can trust each other, I didn't really mind their interactions together in this episode.

Have to say, I am looking forward to next week's episode too 😁

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

as for Owen and Teddy, I feel like we are supposed to pretend her storyline last year didn't happen. They are written like they have always been this adorable couple where some obstacles kept them apart. You really have to just fan wave past the other stuff to watch them this season. At least that is what I do.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, windsprints said:

Poor Helm, she'll have braids on and off for the duration. The GA hair people love them. Meredith is 50 and wore them last year or the year before.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's overdone with her long hair but that kind of braiding is popular among women surgeon's because it keeps your hair out of your eyes and face during surgery. Many years ago I taught a surgery resident how to braid her hair like that so that she could do it for surgeries.

Yeah, I thought about Mer's braids, but hers are always tucked under/pinned and seem to be more of a practical choice to keep her hair out of the way during surgery. You don't usually see her wearing them otherwise. (Arizona did similar braids, too, I think). The two long braids hanging down is what makes it seem juvenile.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The spotlight on the fire pits and how it harms the people in the military charged with doing the burns. It's criminal.

Jon Stewart's new show's first episode was about this, too.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, windsprints said:

Ha! Maybe Maggie will show up next week. Meredith needs Amelia or another neurosurgeon since she has no neuro training or experience other than during her early resident years.

But Meredith was married to the Greatest Neurosurgeon Of All Time (GNOAT, the "n" is silent). Surely some of that shifted to her by osmosis.

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

This show has never been able to capture the magic of the first interns. Like ever. They couldn't even do it right when George and Lexie were still around because they had to destroy George's growth just to keep interest in the new stable of interns but all they had was him and Lexie. That was where the money was for me. Watching all these grown ass/successful doctors act like children is just not it. It's been 18 seasons but I may honestly have to bail out.  Network TV really is losing me year by year.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

But Meredith was married to the Greatest Neurosurgeon Of All Time (GNOAT, the "n" is silent). Surely some of that shifted to her by osmosis.

I kinda like G-NOAT. Probably dating myself but it reminded me of Gary Gnu. Gno gnews is good gnews.

image.png.ceea4adf5249a176066e806eda9d0bf0.png

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Katie111 said:

How does Meredith possibly raise 3 kids on her own?  

I have said this for so long it has become my mantra. I have never understood why the character was ever made a mother? To be honest - like Meredith I forget the children even exist. Unless they are on screen. Then I am like -- what? kids? 3 of them? say what?

Anyway I feel like I was distracted during the ep and may have missed some stuff.

How long has glasses been on the show? cuz whoa! He is almost unwatchable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, taanja said:

I have said this for so long it has become my mantra. I have never understood why the character was ever made a mother? To be honest - like Meredith I forget the children even exist. Unless they are on screen. Then I am like -- what? kids? 3 of them? say what?

Anyway I feel like I was distracted during the ep and may have missed some stuff.

How long has glasses been on the show? cuz whoa! He is almost unwatchable.

I actually love Zola. What she brought out of Meredith. It also brought out layers to Derrick. One of my top moments of all time in Grey's is Derrick reaching out to Bailey for help with hair care. I also like that it was adoption and a choice. The kids after that were just window dressing. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Get some decent residents who seem competent and write some compelling storylines. 

I know all the medical shows are different & Grey's focuses more on the relationships (supposedly) but I just don't get why GA cannot have some decent residents like other shows. I looked on IMDB and Glasses has been in 77 episodes (a couple may not have aired yet so 77 give or take),  He's well into his residency even with the wonky non-time. He shouldn't be behaving like a bumbling first week intern. In 77 episodes there's been little growth for him as a doctor. Same for all the interns.  If you watch The Resident who would you want for your doctor - Glasses or Devon Prevesh (75 episodes)? 

48 minutes ago, taanja said:

I have never understood why the character was ever made a mother?

I think Meredith becoming a mother was part of them showing she did not become her mother. She & Derek becoming parents was a big step so I get why they wrote her having a family. While thankfully she is not awful like Ellis they rarely show any warmth between Meredith and her kids. We saw it with Derek and the kids. I think there's been more motherly moments with Amelia & Maggie and Meredith's kids than Meredith. I don't expect to see any of the characters children all that often (especially now with COVID restrictions still in place) but a moment here and there could have gone a long way.  

Edited by windsprints
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, taanja said:

I have said this for so long it has become my mantra. I have never understood why the character was ever made a mother? To be honest - like Meredith I forget the children even exist. Unless they are on screen. Then I am like -- what? kids? 3 of them? say what?

Anyway I feel like I was distracted during the ep and may have missed some stuff.

How long has glasses been on the show? cuz whoa! He is almost unwatchable.

Most people in Meredith’s situation wouldn’t raise children on their own they would hire childcare or in home care.  What annoys me about the show if they try to pretend that this doesn’t exist and that Meredith is somehow working 16 hours a day and taking care of all of her kids which is insane.

 

My mom actually told me this episode sucked because it’s got a bunch of new people that she didn’t care about but I actually liked it.

 

I always love seeing Richard teach.  Also part of me feels bad for Miranda if you’re a doctor and you know they’re short on people to work there why not just postpone your retirement three months.  
 

I felt really bad for that kidney transplant patient.  I really like Maggie’s husband.  I thought I didn’t like him but now I realize it’s because he was in scenes with Maggie and now that he’s on his own I realize I do.

No to Jo’s hair.

Also I don’t understand the drama on Meredith and Amelia can’t they technically do that in Seattle.  Why not just ask to have the lab moved?

Also heartwarming to see new interns being supporting each other 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Scott Speedman actually looks a bit like Patrick Dempsey, don't you think? 

Quote

If Leo wants to wear princess costumes to daycare, let him.

Can somebody remind me where this kid came from? Owen adopted him, right? From some drug addict teen? Right? What happened to her?

Also, I've harped on this for years, but this show has the worst child actors/extras ever. They put zero effort into getting any kind of realistic shots out of these kids. They are always staring off into space ignoring the people who talk to them. For all the world, it looks like they're autistic or deaf or something. I mean, how hard is it to get an appropriate reaction shot of them and then cut it into the scene?? Too hard for this show, I guess.

Quote

Parkinson's is a disease of the dopamine receptors. There is nothing surgical that can be done there, even if Meredith is The Sun.

There is some kind of brain surgery you can get to slow the progress of the disease. Michael J. Fox got it early on, and my mother (who died from Parkinsons) was offered the same procedure, which she refused. So I assume there are some surgery-related things that could be explored. It is, after all, a disease of the brain.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, dmc said:

Also I don’t understand the drama on Meredith and Amelia can’t they technically do that in Seattle.  Why not just ask to have the lab moved?

they did. peter gallaghar said no it was too expensive to do so, and other people moved to Minnesota to be in the project. 

 

3 hours ago, windsprints said:

He's well into his residency even with the wonky non-time. He shouldn't be behaving like a bumbling first week intern. In 77 episodes there's been little growth for him as a doctor.

I remember that awesome scene that Owen had that basically had him say man up and do your job or find another job. That should have been glasses's last scene imo because he's yet to man up and do his job. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I continue to be amazed that Meredith is allowed towards any research program at all after the way she hosed Derek's Alzheimers trial.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Daisy said:
2 hours ago, dmc said:

Also I don’t understand the drama on Meredith and Amelia can’t they technically do that in Seattle.  Why not just ask to have the lab moved?

they did. peter gallaghar said no it was too expensive to do so, and other people moved to Minnesota to be in the project. 

Yeah, Mer's plan of coming out once a week was her compromise after he declined to move it.

54 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Can somebody remind me where this kid came from? Owen adopted him, right? From some drug addict teen? Right? What happened to her?

Yes, he did; I don't remember if she decided she couldn't be involved or if she just sort of faded out of the picture. I think she might have gone home and decided to get clean and just be a kid. (Which is probably the best thing for everyone.) But I'm lucky if I remember stuff that happened last week, so remembering details from at least 3 seasons ago (going by Leo's apparent age) is a crapshoot.

And he was with Amelia when that happened and she was very involved in his care, but now she seems to no longer have any relationship with Leo at all.

54 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Also, I've harped on this for years, but this show has the worst child actors/extras ever. They put zero effort into getting any kind of realistic shots out of these kids. They are always staring off into space ignoring the people who talk to them. For all the world, it looks like they're autistic or deaf or something. I mean, how hard is it to get an appropriate reaction shot of them and then cut it into the scene?? Too hard for this show, I guess.

The kid playing Leo looked like he didn't even want to be there. Not at all excited for his new Elsa cape, either.

I wanted to sneak up behind Teddy as they were heading out and pull things out of the wide-open bag hanging off her back.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ams1001 said:

If Leo wants to wear princess costumes to daycare, let him. He's what, three? He'll probably outgrow it. Or not. Let the kid have some fun. (I did love that the presumed-judgy dad turned out to just want to know where he could get one for his kid.)

If I were there (in the position of the judgy/non-judgy man) and saw a toddler/preschool age kid with blond ringlets wearing a princess dress, my first thought would have been more like "cute kid" than "why is that boy wearing a dress?"  In fact, I had pretty much forgotten what variety of kids they have, and my default assumption, fair or not, was that this was a little girl. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

If I were there (in the position of the judgy/non-judgy man) and saw a toddler/preschool age kid with blond ringlets wearing a princess dress, my first thought would have been more like "cute kid" than "why is that boy wearing a dress?"  In fact, I had pretty much forgotten what variety of kids they have, and my default assumption, fair or not, was that this was a little girl. 

Same here, actually. I thought the dad was going to assume he was a girl (then I thought since it's the hospital's daycare, he's probably seen them before and knows he's a boy). Honestly at first glance I thought it was a girl until it registered that it was Leo. (Still jealous of his hair.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dmc said:

Most people in Meredith’s situation wouldn’t raise children on their own they would hire childcare or in home care.  What annoys me about the show if they try to pretend that this doesn’t exist and that Meredith is somehow working 16 hours a day and taking care of all of her kids which is insane.

What's especially strange is that I recently read Shonda Rhimes's book, where she talks about how great her nanny is and how much she depends on her. She has a whole section where she wonders why women feel the need to pretend nannies/childcare don't exist.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Yes, he did; I don't remember if she decided she couldn't be involved or if she just sort of faded out of the picture. I think she might have gone home and decided to get clean and just be a kid. (Which is probably the best thing for everyone.) But I'm lucky if I remember stuff that happened last week, so remembering details from at least 3 seasons ago (going by Leo's apparent age) is a crapshoot.

Leo's birth mother decided to go home to be a kid. She called her parents and they showed up all supportive and were going to help her get clean.

I will admit, when I briefly saw Leo onscreen I thought he must have been Allison because of the long hair and the dress. I would think at his age most people wouldn't be judging because they'd make a similar assumption. But they should let Leo where whatever he wants.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

The kid playing Leo looked like he didn't even want to be there. Not at all excited for his new Elsa cape, either.

 

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

If I were there (in the position of the judgy/non-judgy man) and saw a toddler/preschool age kid with blond ringlets wearing a princess dress, my first thought would have been more like "cute kid" than "why is that boy wearing a dress?"  In fact, I had pretty much forgotten what variety of kids they have, and my default assumption, fair or not, was that this was a little girl. 

 

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Same here, actually. I thought the dad was going to assume he was a girl (then I thought since it's the hospital's daycare, he's probably seen them before and knows he's a boy). Honestly at first glance I thought it was a girl until it registered that it was Leo. (Still jealous of his hair.)

Leo is actually played by twin girls.  I paused the credits this week.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

What's especially strange is that I recently read Shonda Rhimes's book, where she talks about how great her nanny is and how much she depends on her. She has a whole section where she wonders why women feel the need to pretend nannies/childcare don't exist.

Leo's birth mother decided to go home to be a kid. She called her parents and they showed up all supportive and were going to help her get clean.

I will admit, when I briefly saw Leo onscreen I thought he must have been Allison because of the long hair and the dress. I would think at his age most people wouldn't be judging because they'd make a similar assumption. But they should let Leo where whatever he wants.

Yes I mean even when Derek was alive both him and Meredith were full time surgeons.  All their friends are also surgeons.  Derek and Meredith would definitely have a nanny.  
Even when their kids are in school full-time they would still have a nanny to pick them up and drop them off, take care of them after school (drive them to activities), stay with them when one of them is sick. 
 

For Meredith to be doing what she’s doing currently she would have to be like a doctor in a private practice who had regular hours and left work at 5:30 every night.  There are absolutely doctors that work with regular hours but those people like don’t work as hospital surgeons.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

Leo is actually played by twin girls.  I paused the credits this week.

Interesting! And their last name is Gray 😆.

(I wonder, were they planning on some kind of gender non-conforming storyline as he got older or did they just figure it wouldn't matter much for a few years, at least, and who knows if the show will still be on by then? Or did the girls declare they don't want to look like a boy so they just rolled with it?)

According to this, he was also played by a different kid in "Here Comes the Sun," which explains the less-curly hair in that episode.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Scott Speedman actually looks a bit like Patrick Dempsey, don't you think? 

They have similar eyes and the same sort of breathy-quiet way of talking. If only SS had his wavy long hair again!
 

20 hours ago, ams1001 said:

If I were that patient, you could not pay me to let Glasses operate after his introduction to her. And instead of having the experienced surgeon right next to him, y'know, teach him (at a teaching hospital?!), they have his fellow residents telling him what to do from the gallery where they can't possibly see everything that he sees?

I think if this had been a new group of interns it could have been a heartwarming sort of rallying moment around the newbies. I definitely see shades of old Grey's in the setup and the scene. But I agree with everyone who says that this current crop really wore out their welcome long ago and should have either moved up or out by now. How we got stuck with Glasses and Hellmouth out of all the new characters they introduced I'll never understand. Perez and Ortiz can stay - they can hang out with a magically reappearing Qadri and Parker. Everyone else should go and they need to bring in some new blood.
 

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

they did. peter gallaghar said no it was too expensive to do so, and other people moved to Minnesota to be in the project. 

How is it any cheaper for people to be flying back and forth every week!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, shantown said:

How is it any cheaper for people to be flying back and forth every week!

It'll just be Meredith (and Amelia? is she actually working on this?); I assume the lab has a number of people on staff, who already live there.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There is some kind of brain surgery you can get to slow the progress of the disease.

Deep Brain Stimulation

Quote

In DBS surgery, electrodes are inserted into a targeted area of the brain, using MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and recordings of brain cell activity during the procedure. A second procedure is performed to implant an IPG, impulse generator battery (like a pacemaker). The IPG is placed under the collarbone or in the abdomen. The IPG provides an electrical impulse to a part of the brain involved in motor function. Those who undergo DBS surgery are given a controller to turn the device on or off.

DBS is certainly the most important therapeutic advancement since the development of levodopa. It is most effective for people who experience disabling tremors, wearing-off spells and medication-induced dyskinesias, with studies showing benefits lasting at least five years. That said, it is not a cure and it does not slow PD progression. It is also not right for every person with PD. It is not thought to improve speech or swallow issues, thinking problems or gait freezing.

It doesn't cure Parkinson's though and that's what the Peter Gallagher character was looking for.

But it's par for the course on this show. On the first episode,they had surgical interns doing the work that neonatologists should have done and Meredith growing livers was ridiculous. This show wants surgery to be the magic solution to everything.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

And he was with Amelia when that happened and she was very involved in his care, but now she seems to no longer have any relationship with Leo at all.

They want us to forget all that now that Owen is with Teddy. Owen adopted Leo and then his teenage mother showed up. Amelia sussed  another addict and sponsored her getting clean. Then she decided to go home with her parents and live a normal teen life. Amelia was very involved with Leo until Teddy had her baby and Owen chose her. Now the show ignores that Amelia had any connection to Leo.

1 hour ago, shantown said:

How is it any cheaper for people to be flying back and forth every week!

The big costs would be the equipment so it doesn't make sense to have two locations because they would have to double all that. It's very prestigious to have that kind of research facility i your hospital. No wonder he wanted Meredith to work in his hospital.

But it was Meredith's final offer and he really wanted her as the face of his research.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

22 hours ago, windsprints said:

I like Linc and Jo as friends. The show needs more friendships so I am hoping the remain friends with no romance at all.

This is Grey's.  Don't hold your breath.

13 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Had we ever seen retiring Dr. Wong before? this show seemed to show an unusually high number of doctors outside of the normal circle.

I don't believe we've seen Wong before, but there has to be more doctors that aren't part of the magic circle.  And I like that they occasionally show them, so it doesn't seem like the magic circle is doing everything.

 

I know Grey's has always done the topical shit, but this one kinda put me over the edge.  It used to be one good topical story/reference per episode, a normal case or two and a funny case, at least one of which mirrored whatever problem the doc attending to the patient was dealing with.  This episode was all topical - and not done well - except for Schmidt's case, which could be topical, I dunno, I'm too old to know if you can find love by inserting things places.  It's getting tiresome.

If my first date with some guy was in the woods behind his house, I'd be saying bye-bye.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, shantown said:

They have similar eyes and the same sort of breathy-quiet way of talking. If only SS had his wavy long hair again!
 

I think if this had been a new group of interns it could have been a heartwarming sort of rallying moment around the newbies. I definitely see shades of old Grey's in the setup and the scene. But I agree with everyone who says that this current crop really wore out their welcome long ago and should have either moved up or out by now. How we got stuck with Glasses and Hellmouth out of all the new characters they introduced I'll never understand. Perez and Ortiz can stay - they can hang out with a magically reappearing Qadri and Parker. Everyone else should go and they need to bring in some new blood.
 

How is it any cheaper for people to be flying back and forth every week!

I believe a private jet was mentioned. Once you buy a private jet, you may as well use it to get your money's worth.

I'm thinking Peter Gallagher's character just doesn't want to move to Seattle, so the project must stay in Minnesota.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, madmax said:

 which could be topical, I dunno, I'm too old to know if you can find love by inserting things places. 

I think the message is "stay off of Goop.com."

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

And he was with Amelia when that happened and she was very involved in his care, but now she seems to no longer have any relationship with Leo at all.

They all had Christmas together last season at Meredith's house, Link was planning to propose to Amelia and Owen had a snow machine in the back yard and proposed to Teddy in stead.  Link sadly put his engagement ring away.  I think that was the last time we saw Amelia with Leo and I am sure they organised Christmas together so Leo could spend Christmas with both Owen and Amelia.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I think the message is "stay off of Goop.com."

I 100% agree with this message….but the patient had a problem because she was supposed to eat the strawberry and insert the egg, but did the opposite.  

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

It'll just be Meredith (and Amelia? is she actually working on this?); I assume the lab has a number of people on staff, who already live there.

I’m still iffy on the math for this too.  They don’t have to build a new lab.  Seattle Grace has a lab I remember when Meredith switched the placebo for Richard’s wife.  So really they could just transport the equipment also the lab at Seattle is empty because covid.  I mean more than likely they ordered the equipment and it was transported to where the lab is now.
 

It sounds like plot nonsense they want them in another city for the Scott Speedman relationship. 
 

Also if the doctor wants Meredith on board so bad seems like he would have considered she is widow living in Seattle with three kids 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, madmax said:

If my first date with some guy was in the woods behind his house, I'd be saying bye-bye. 

Guessing it was intended to remind us of Derek taking Meredith to his land. The "I'm not sleeping with you", date on the land, & likely more to come - they're trying to make him Derek-like.  If I was a MerDer fan that would aggravate me but I'm not so I don't care, just noticing it. 

Maybe having the lab in Minnesota sets up an ending if they decide this season is it. Meredith leaves Seattle for the next chapter with Nick in a new city. If they decide to continue they can move the lab or end the study.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Same here, actually. I thought the dad was going to assume he was a girl (then I thought since it's the hospital's daycare, he's probably seen them before and knows he's a boy). Honestly at first glance I thought it was a girl until it registered that it was Leo. 

Same. I couldn't remember how many kids they have or whose kid is whose. I did think it was weird how Teddy was giving that guy the stink-eye. Maybe if you want to do a story about a little boy who wants to wear a princess dress, don't cast a little girl in the role? That just makes it more confusing.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, windsprints said:

Maybe having the lab in Minnesota sets up an ending if they decide this season is it. Meredith leaves Seattle for the next chapter with Nick in a new city. If they decide to continue they can move the lab or end the study.

They must have some reason for why this is happening in Minnesota, becasue there is zero reason the writers couldn't have written this lab story in Seattle.  Parkinson's guy could have been a tech millionaire or doctor in Seattle.  He never had to be from or located in Minneapolis in the first place.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, shantown said:

They have similar eyes and the same sort of breathy-quiet way of talking. If only SS had his wavy long hair again!
 

I think if this had been a new group of interns it could have been a heartwarming sort of rallying moment around the newbies. I definitely see shades of old Grey's in the setup and the scene. But I agree with everyone who says that this current crop really wore out their welcome long ago and should have either moved up or out by now. How we got stuck with Glasses and Hellmouth out of all the new characters they introduced I'll never understand. Perez and Ortiz can stay - they can hang out with a magically reappearing Qadri and Parker. Everyone else should go and they need to bring in some new blood.
 

How is it any cheaper for people to be flying back and forth every week!

Well, at least Meredith could get a ton of miles on Delta! 😂 (I picked them because they have hubs at MSP (Minneapolis/St Paul) and Seattle, so there probably are a ton of flights between the two, especially in Grey's Post-Covid world)

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2021 at 8:10 PM, statsgirl said:

The spotlight on the medical standard of the180  lb man and racism in medicine practise. Carol Tavris wrote her book The Mismeasure of Woman in 1992 and it's past time to be more aware of the differences in race as well as sex.

The spotlight on the fire pits and how it harms the people in the military charged with doing the burns. It's criminal.

Yes! Well said.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/8/2021 at 5:33 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

I really like Winston too.  He was such a great advocate for his patient.  Also grateful the texting with Maggie stopped before we had to read sexting.  🙃

I'm liking his character so much. His advocacy and trying to get someone to understand the data used should not be used for everyone. People are finally starting to understand that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/8/2021 at 8:20 AM, Racj82 said:

I actually love Zola. What she brought out of Meredith. It also brought out layers to Derrick. One of my top moments of all time in Grey's is Derrick reaching out to Bailey for help with hair care. I also like that it was adoption and a choice. The kids after that were just window dressing. 

I loved the Zola story line. Bailey: "fix your baby's hair."

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still trying to figure out how a yoni egg could make it out of a self-contained vagina and into one's intestines to cause a blockage. Was the patient so distracted, she put the yoni egg in the wrong place, too? (Maybe that was implied by the strawberry switcheroo.)

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size