Type keyword(s) to search

Alter Ego - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I find it odd to listen to the judges compliment the singers on the qualities of their avatars, when it’s some offstage visual artists who are responsible for them. Otherwise, we find the singing entertaining enough.

If the setup shots are true, the Avatars are a combination of the Visual FX artists and the singers, so the singers do deserve some degree of praise for their avatar looks. The Visual FX artists are just implementing what the artists are describing.

That said, some of the avatars and FX are better than others. I guess it comes down with how imaginative the singer is, and how well the FX shots line up with the songs. 

I'd love to see a few more "Behind the Scenes" of the show; specifically the stage setup. Are the judges just watching the screens overhead and the actual stage is only used for the reveal (and for the broadcast), or are there some more advanced tricks in play?

I think we have at least 2 contestants who have Avatars that are the opposite sex of their own (or at least the avatar is more androgynous). It'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts when they are revealed. (Which is intentional of course). The guy who did Whitney was surprisingly good; I'm curious to see how far he goes. 

It's a pretty standard music competition show in the end. I'm still enjoying the creativity of the avatars and would love some more details of how they mix the VR and RL. (they do get shadows/reflections on the stage too which is impressive). 

As for the actual singers, I find I rarely have muhc to say about them one way or another so I don't comment much on the eps. 

I was surprised that the host seems to know who they really are. I thought she was being kept in the dark like the judges are; but a few eps back, they showed her interviewing the singers behind the scenes, so she obviously knows who they are. 

So those of us who watched, are you all happy with the winner?

I thought for sure it would be the girl with the deep voice (Seven?), but happy for Dippity Doo (LOL).

I wish the host would have asked how/why they chose the names they did.