Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: House Party

• Start Topic

So, we got the Flintstones theme song. That was... something.

My only guess for the new wildcard is Charlotte Awbery. She went super viral for singing a Gaga song on a random video where a host asks strangers to finish the lyrics. Her body looks like that, height seems right, voice is a perfect match. And she's striking while the iron has cooled down. Lol (She'd be like the Dr Elvis casting)

If Rob Schneider is in one of those costumes, I sincerely hope he leaves next. He's a horrible person in real life. Buh bye.

The clues being harder make guessing harder, and I like knowing who is behind the mask. Mystery isn't really my thing. I get that's the gimmick, but early seasons had helpful hints and I got to enjoy the show knowing who to root for, and the judges still had their fun.

My guess for the Pepper is Natasha Bedingfield. Unwritten became a Tiktok dance last year and she's got a big voice like the Pepper. Plus, a couple of vowel sounds during her song sounded British and not in a fake-British Baby way. But if it's not her, I'm not going to have a clue because I don't spend much time on tiktok.

That Bull is Todrick. I know I guess him every year but I think I'm finally right. Everything about that Britney performance screamed Todrick, right down to him doing the splits. 

The Skunk is next level and if they're not adding any additional wildcards to this group, I'm hoping the Hamster goes next to leave us with Bull, Skunk and Pepper for this group.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

My guess for the Pepper is Natasha Bedingfield. Unwritten became a Tiktok dance last year and she's got a big voice like the Pepper. Plus, a couple of vowel sounds during her song sounded British and not in a fake-British Baby way. But if it's not her, I'm not going to have a clue because I don't spend much time on tiktok.

Yep. Definitely sounded like a Brit to me (which Charlotte is) and I love Natasha B as a guess. Wonderful guess!

• Love 3

The new gimmicks (the I Know Who It Is buzzer and the wild cards) are distracting for me, though I like Pepper's performance a lot.

Larry the Cable Guy makes it further in a singing competition than Toni Braxton, though he did a great job with the Flintstones theme.  That's a sentence I *never* thought I'd type, because she's that talented, but that's the fun of the show.

If you have to explain what the clues mean after the singer is revealed, they're not great clues.  For the more subtle clues, I'm fine with that.

The timing seems off; this reveal seemed to have more time after he was unmasked.

I really think the Hamster is Rob Schneider (he played Tiny Elvis on SNL and I think for a while was an actual Elvis impersonator). The only thing is though, don't the rules on this show require everyone to get vaccinated? Schneider's a pretty ardent anti-vaxxer I think.

2 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

I really think the Hamster is Rob Schneider (he played Tiny Elvis on SNL and I think for a while was an actual Elvis impersonator). The only thing is though, don't the rules on this show require everyone to get vaccinated? Schneider's a pretty ardent anti-vaxxer I think.

Some jobs allow daily testing in place of getting the jab. But my guess is he is vaccinated and won't even fess up to it. We all had the same questions about Jenny. 

I'm happy for him to leave.

Also, the different group format is annoying. Have everyone participate every episode. I forget everything between groups.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 6:13 AM, vibeology said:

That Bull is Todrick. I know I guess him every year but I think I'm finally right. Everything about that Britney performance screamed Todrick, right down to him doing the splits. 

The Skunk is next level and if they're not adding any additional wildcards to this group, I'm hoping the Hamster goes next to leave us with Bull, Skunk and Pepper for this group.

I agree with Todrick for Bull.  I like your Natasha guess too even though I only know her voice and don't know anything else about her.

Glad Baby left because I actually ff'd through his performance.  Can't believe we lost Toni Braxton to that.  Hamster can go next.