Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: wej Duj

• Start Topic

That was an amazing episode. T'Lyn looked like a cross between Mariner as a Vulcan and Valeris from Star Trek VI. I'm thinking she's going to end up on the Cerritos. 

Speaking of Star Trek VI, the Klingon fuchsia blood, the Shakespearian quoting, the plot to disrupt the peace, the meditation chamber, and probably several other references, it seems clear that's the main thing they were going for here.

Poor Klingon Boimler having to take the Targ for a walk. He does save the day in the end by stopping that rogue Klingon. Meanwhile, Ensign Boimler is recognized by Commander Ransom for his organizational skills and meets the Cerritos version of Acting Ensign Wesley Crusher. 

So that's how the Pakleds have such advanced technology. 

That credits scene with the Borg lower decks is just great. For that matter, the Pakled Lower Decks is hilarious too and is completely in line with what you'd expect from them. "Red Alarm! I'm hungry. You should eat. You are smart." 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DrScottie said:

That credits scene with the Borg lower decks is just great. For that matter, the Pakled Lower Decks is hilarious too and is completely in line with what you'd expect from them. "Red Alarm! I'm hungry. You should eat. You are smart." 

Agreed.  This was a pretty fun episode but I think I laughed hardest at the Borg end credits.

• Love 2

I had some problems at the very end of the episode (stupid Paramount Plus - lots of people like to watch the credits!). I saw the very beginning of the Borg Lower Decks section - did they do anything other than stand in their stations?

4 hours ago, j5cochran said:

I had some problems at the very end of the episode (stupid Paramount Plus - lots of people like to watch the credits!). I saw the very beginning of the Borg Lower Decks section - did they do anything other than stand in their stations?

No, they just stood there and there were a few repeating mechanical noises and that was pretty much it!

I loved T'Lyn's line "Then I hope they notice how unconcerned I am about their assessment." That's how you say IDGAF in Vulcan.

Edit: also loved that she flipped the Captain off with a Vulcan salute like Mariner did in an early episode.

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 1

"Put it in the clay, Papa Bear.  Put it in the clay." 

I know Rutherford clearly has a crush on Billups and loves being an engineer, but the paternal thing he's got going with Shax makes me wish he was in Security.

"Good thing the safety protocols are on.  They...they are on, right?"

"I don't know.  Sure."

T'Ana, killing it as always.

• Love 2

This is one of my favorite episodes by far, and IMO some of the best writing this series has shown. The back and forth with the different lower decks and then the tie in was really clever. 

I also can skip the Pakleds for the rest of the season. 

Speaking of, the next episode is the last of the season. 😥

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone else watches the TrekCulture reviews on YouTube, but while I get why a bit of the Pakleds go a long way, I utterly agreed with what the reviewer said about them:  "They're not funny because they keep failing, they're funny because they keep trying."

Also, the space battle was legitimately exciting, especially with the James Horner-y music.

• Love 2

The BRIGHT PINK FUSCHIA blood had me cackling.

Then when the screen displayed:  Borg Cube Lower Decks - I said to my family "I bet they're just plugged in doing nothing."  And they were!  And we all cracked up as the scene just went on and on and on.

I was surprised that there were no big name guest stars, because one of the Klingons sounded very much like J. G. Hertzler and the female officer voice reminded me of one of the voices from the Barbara March/Gwynyth Walsh sister combo that we used to see for many years. (I know that March died in 2019, but Walsh is still alive).

Excellent episode - I hope that T'Lyn shows up on the Cerritos and that we see the young Klingon captain again.

• Love 2