Type keyword(s) to search

The Nate And Jeremiah Home Project - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, carrps said:

I've always thought Poppy was Jeremiah's, and Oscar was Nate's.

I've always thought Poppy's eyes are like Nate's, but haven't made my mind up about Oskar. Sometimes he looks sort of like N, other times like J. I'll need to see if more distinct features appear as he gets older or if he has a tendency to button his top shirt button & belt his pants above his navel or not.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
On 11/10/2021 at 12:07 PM, carrps said:

I've always thought Poppy was Jeremiah's, and Oscar was Nate's.

I thought the same thing because Poppy seems to have a lot of Jeremiah’s personality. That could be nurture and not nature.  They’re both absolutely adorable kids, though. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2021 at 6:49 PM, Gam2 said:

So what if they call a house their “forever” house?

At least for me, they make a big deal of these purchases and how much time they spend remodeling/redecorating because each particular house is going to be it for them.  They certainly have every right to change their mind, but you can only buy so many "forever" homes before people are going to side eye you.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, MartyQui said:

They must still get things donated, there’s no way they did all that work for $90,000.

I did wonder about that.  Maybe there were some non-obvious corners cut, but having had parents who recently did a renovation that encompasses a very similar space, $90,000.00 seems on the really low side in terms of cost.  

• Love 3
(edited)

When I saw their show, I really liked the radiators they used to put in the house when they were doing the renovations. I have long searched for approximately similar radiators and found. Design batteries that radically change the appearance of the room, making it more modern. I ordered a vertical radiator for the bathroom through www.radiatoroutlet.co.uk, can state, looks very cool, I am pleased with my purchase.

Edited by barhamyn

I was looking forward to the new season and seeing new families/new projects. Thus far, the second season is showing projects from last season, interspersed with updates on Nate's and Jeremiah's old/new home.  I always enjoy seeing them but am a bit disappointed.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, katenm said:

Thus far, the second season is showing projects from last season, i

I have Feb. 22nd on my calendar as the start date of the new show.  I don't remember now where I got that date from though.

Season two hasn't started yet. The episodes they're showing now are called "Nate and Jeremiah Home Project - S1 on the Move".

This is getting more common on HGTV. Other shows do it as well to fill in between seasons.  They revisit past episodes, often with a different name, and labeled as new - so our DVRs are picking them up:

Home Town - Memory Lane 

My Lottery Dream Home - Scratch Offs 

Married to Real Estate "in a look back"..."     

House Hunters Monday night themed double episodes

There have been others, can't remember them all right now.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, kirklandia said:

Season two hasn't started yet. The episodes they're showing now are called "Nate and Jeremiah Home Project - S1 on the Move".

This is getting more common on HGTV. Other shows do it as well to fill in between seasons.  They revisit past episodes, often with a different name, and labeled as new - so our DVRs are picking them up:

Home Town - Memory Lane 

My Lottery Dream Home - Scratch Offs 

Married to Real Estate "in a look back"..."     

House Hunters Monday night themed double episodes

There have been others, can't remember them all right now.

Thank you for pointing this out! My DVR was recording these as new so I did not bother to check the exact title. I'm looking forward 2/22!

Ordinarily, I do not like being wrong, but this time I'm very happy to have been!

Edited by katenm
  • Like 2

This was labeled a new episode, but unless I'm dreaming, I've seen that daughter paint a cabinet before. Was that a different episode/show (a good idea found and reapplied?) or should I be concerned? [ETA: Was checking my DVR and found this episode ran on Dec. 26--as a "sneak peak" of the second season. Whew.]

I'm afraid to know how crowded their bedroom situation is. Wouldn't it make sense to lower the high-end finishes and tackle them in some way that's helpful? Sigh.

I was trying to figure out, when N & J were discussing donating their new hand-carved chest, if they had buyer regret or if Jer just never liked it. Also, I started laughing when, after all the talk about materials that would stand up to all those kids, they install a marble kitchen countertop. 

Still, glad they're back.

Edited by buttersister
I knew I wasn't dreaming
  • Like 1

Thanks, Soapy Goodness, I'd caught that an hour after I originally posted (and dropped in the ETA). Now I'm really looking forward to a new (and unaired) episode next week. Wouldn't mind seeing how the Fifth Ave. place is coming along (and whether Jer managed to get rid of some of the furniture they talked about last season).😀

First off, Jeremiah needs a haircut.  :)  He and the kids (of course) all look older.  Nate looks exactly the same to me.  I wish they'd do a slow about how they fixed up their old house.  It was pretty fancy before.

I was surprised by how much they were able to transform what was a fairly small house.  I didn't care for the kitchen but it was fine for the space they had to work with.  Everything else looked good.  The family seemed very nice but not exactly organized or tidy so I hope they can keep the new rooms looking good now that the kids have a play area.

• Like 2

I'm fine with Jeremiah's hair, but I totally agree with Nate about the goat shoes.

I thought the place looked fine except for the mudroom where they eliminated all the places to hang things up.  The dining room table was a little much.  They look like the kind of folks who need a table you can add leaves to for holiday meals.  That round table only fit  6 people.

• Like 5

Did they leave some of the basement area for storage or do they plan on building a shed or something?  It seemed to me that they were storing out of season stuff (kids' bikes, clothes, decorations, etc) that they would need again.

I can't believe they painted Grandma's curio cabinet. No. It may not be my style but no. It can go live in guest room or the end of the hallway and hold all the ugly precious moments and Hummel figurines that have invaded the house and multiplied.

• Like 2

I didn't love the dining room.  The dark grey made it feel smaller than it was, and I just didn't like the way it was set up. 

And yeah, I don't know what is going on with Jeremiah's hair, but someone needs to have a discussion with him about whatever it is he is trying to do.

• Like 1

And yeah, I don't know what is going on with Jeremiah's hair, but someone needs to have a discussion with him about whatever it is he is trying to do.

That poor kid. I didn't like the pompadour either but this tangled, stringy mess is even worse. 

• Like 5
On 2/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, txhorns79 said:

I didn't love the dining room.  The dark grey made it feel smaller than it was, and I just didn't like the way it was set up. 

I was getting caught up on episodes, so now they're all running together in my mind!  Was that the dining table with the big fabric chairs?  If so, I didn't like those.  I don't think those will work well with kids.  They looked too clunky in that space.  I didn't like the shade of the curtains against the gray either.  I liked what they did with the basement though.  I appreciate that Nate & Jeremiah seem to genuinely care about their clients.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Was that the dining table with the big fabric chairs?  If so, I didn't like those.  I don't think those will work well with kids.  They looked too clunky in that space.  I didn't like the shade of the curtains against the gray either. 

Yeah.  It was the round table with the fabric chairs.  It seemed too fussy for someone with small children, and like it was inviting a mess.

• Like 3
On 2/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, iMonrey said:

That poor kid. I didn't like the pompadour either but this tangled, stringy mess is even worse. 

Should we take up a donation and buy him some shampoo? That would help a lot!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It seems to me that Jeremiah looks worse this year and Nate looks better (I think he's lost a few pounds and moved away from the grandpa sweater vests - and I've always thought Nate was adorable from when he first started appearing on Oprah).

I wondered about the bedroom situation also.  And taking a whole room just to make a dining room - I guess that is super important to them.  No way to open it up any more since the staircase was in the center of the room.

Sweet family though.

• Like 1

This latest house was kind of weird. I don't know what else they could have done with that entryway but the bench seating just seemed pointless. I hated the dining room - too dark and too small. It was all updated but I don't know if the flow was really much better. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know what else they could have done with that entryway but the bench seating just seemed pointless. I hated the dining room - too dark and too small. It was all updated but I don't know if the flow was really much better. 

Seems like most people want a kind of catch-all space, so I guess the foyer was the best place for doing that.   I liked the bigger window in the foyer.  That certainly helped that odd space.  From the outside, it appeared to be an add-on.  It didn't look too attractive from that angle. 

I didn't like the dark gray dining room.  No offense to those who have this color in their home, it just seems to be a color that's overdone these days.   The guys once said that they like to do stuff that isn't exactly "on trend," but yet the color gray has been very on trend for years now.   I do like seeing the arched doorways.  I've always loved those in a home.  Overall, I like what Nate & Jeremiah design, but there are always a few elements that I give the side eye to (as with any designer.)  I think they could've found a way to use the jeweler's scale too.  They could've put a couple of little fake plants on each side, or even put some type of little decorations on them with each holiday.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I got the impression that the scale was staying with the family, just not going to be displayed. At least in the final N & J version.

I didn't mind the dining room, thought it was a nice contrast with the rest of the place, which didn't look like Grandpa's anymore. Euro farmhouse wasn't/isn't my style, but if the boys want to stop by and make a few suggestions here, I'll bake some cookies.

• Like 1

I really wish they would have put in some under cabinet lighting in kitchen,  and some niches in the stove alcove.

Dr area was small. but they can use the table in the area off the entry for larger groups if needed.

I was thinking how the bench in the entry could also be nice to have as another seating area when giving a party

Overall I like the new vibe

• Like 1

I guess the updates were an improvement but I ended up FFing through a lot of the show.  I didn't like the house before or after.  In truth, I enjoy the show more when the homeowners are filthy rich and/or the homes have some historic or architectural interest.

• Like 2

I am a sucker for arches, so I loved those. The stove placement looked impractical. Zero counter space on either side and how low long before the white walls are dirty from cooking splashes?  

The sink and refrigerator looked to be quite a distance from the stove. Am I correct in thinking the golden triangle notion of kitchen design is passe? (I am old. lol)

• Like 2

It looked like Restoration Hardware in that dining room and I HATE RH. I don't get that small table with those oversize arm chairs in front of the fireplace, that was just strange. Then again, it was an odd space to begin with. Didn't like the mantle either.

I like some things they do but this one was really a miss to me.

• Like 1

I really liked the floors.  The entryway looked great.  I'm not liking the dark gray, and felt like the formal dining room was a little claustrophobic.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:49 PM, buttersister said:

Euro farmhouse wasn't/isn't my style, but if the boys want to stop by and make a few suggestions here, I'll bake some cookies.

I wonder how much they charge for their services. 

• Like 1

I didn't mind the arches except for the idiotic one above the stove. Waste of space, unnecessarily difficult to position pans and get them on and off the stove, more challenging to install a proper hood... Terrible idea. The bar space was weirdly closed in, too and it seems that space would have been better used than just putting tons of crap on display to make it a huge pain to dust. Way too many neutrals meant the decorating was dull. It may just have been a bad house.

• Like 5

I love the relationship of these two guys. Perfect amount of banter between them before becoming obnoxious. 

I did not like Poppy's new room. I never could understand putting a bed in the middle of the room. N& J must have endless amounts of money. House in the Hamptons and this new home project in Manhattan must of cost multi millions, plus they are running a successful business. Kudo's to them. They really know what they are doing even if I don't always agree with the design choices. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I didn't mind the arches except for the idiotic one above the stove.

I was surprised they did that.  I've seen homes in the past where an arch above the stove looked good, but I didn't think it was a trend nowadays.  The one they installed looked so big and out of place. 

7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They really know what they are doing even if I don't always agree with the design choices. 

I agree, and I feel that way about other designers I see on TV.  For me, Hilary Farr of 'Love it or List It' would come closest to what I'd choose, but I'd still want to pick out everything myself (with some advice!).  I would hate to spend a huge amount of money just to walk into a remodeled home that I hated.  I do not like those kinds of surprises!!  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I've seen homes in the past where an arch above the stove looked good, but I didn't think it was a trend nowadays

I remember seeing this feature on some HGTV shows. Usually it was when they were going for a Tuscan look. So, fits in with the European farmhouse vibe. I think that Tuscan style would now be considered outdated.  Although, I bet there are plenty of people who like it anyway!  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, kirklandia said:

I think that Tuscan style would now be considered outdated.  Although, I bet there are plenty of people who like it anyway!  

I had a friend who had that style in her kitchen, and I loved it.  A few years ago she remodeled the kitchen and had it removed.  I was sad to see it go!  

• Like 1

Wow, this latest house was something else. It started out really boxy and felt even more boxy after they finished with it. That weird angled roof did not lend itself to the shower in the master bath. The husband is tall, he's barely going to fit in there. I thought it was weird they didn't show the kitchen, that's always a big deal on this show. 

What on earth was that weird bib thing Jeremiah was wearing in the fabric store? 

• Like 1

I wonder if the couple in last night's show was really happy to find that their kids' rooms were now on a different floor, especially since one is an infant.  With the stairway and the anteroom outside their bedroom, it might be hard to hear a baby crying or a preschooler getting up to no good.

I kept getting distracted by Jeremiah's hair.  He just looks dirty.  I'm sure he can afford a shampoo and haircut.  

• Like 2

The couple seemed sweet, if overwhelmed (according to their timeline story, they had to vacate their home for nine weeks right after the new baby arrived--yikes). 

That might have been the kids on another floor factor, although there was plenty of room in their new palace for the baby...for awhile, anyway. What surprised me about Finn's room was that it was at the front of the house, with windows on the outside and their porch. I dunno. The parents never explained where they thought both kids would go in their original plans (as they were planning a second kid). 

I guess all the structural changes (and high-end finishes) ate the budget, but I was left wondering if they'd already finished DIYing the kitchen and whatever downstairs bathroom(s) existed.

One thing that surprised me in the original N&J plan was that desk in the bedroom. After all their oasis talk, moving it was the good bet.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, buttersister said:

but I was left wondering if they'd already finished DIYing the kitchen and whatever downstairs bathroom(s) existed.

The husband said that they painted the kitchen cabinets themselves, so I assumed that they were happy with the kitchen as it was. 

• Thanks 1
On 3/9/2023 at 8:55 AM, iMonrey said:

What on earth was that weird bib thing Jeremiah was wearing in the fabric store? 

I bet it's from someone's avant garde clothing line that he's wearing on screen for $.  Matches the goat shoes from the previous episode.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I bet it's from someone's avant garde clothing line that he's wearing on screen for $. 

That third floor they bought at the 5th Avenue place and fixed up for their kids had to be pricey. In one of the recently aired eps, they mentioned they couldn't have afforded it before now (or last year;-)

• Like 1
On 3/9/2023 at 3:58 PM, buttersister said:

That might have been the kids on another floor factor, although there was plenty of room in their new palace for the baby...for awhile, anyway. What surprised me about Finn's room was that it was at the front of the house, with windows on the outside and their porch. I dunno. The parents never explained where they thought both kids would go in their original plans (as they were planning a second kid). 

Just assumed Finn and new brother would share a room once he got older

On 3/9/2023 at 4:44 PM, mlp said:

I wonder if the couple in last night's show was really happy to find that their kids' rooms were now on a different floor, especially since one is an infant.  With the stairway and the anteroom outside their bedroom, it might be hard to hear a baby crying or a preschooler getting up to no good.

I thought the same thing, but I guess they realized that it would have been hard to put in a real bathroom and master suite while maintaining the kid's room.  I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just end up moving the crib into their suite until their kid is a little older.  I did really love that master bath.  Those blue tiles they picked for the shower were beautiful.  

I really did like the couple, but the house itself seemed to honestly need more work than even the most accomplished DIYers could have handled.  Further, all those steps up to the house are going to be a nightmare in the winter with a stroller and/or a child that's about to be a toddler.  I also laughed when they were talking about Finn having the kind of dresser he could use in his first apartment.  I am well beyond my first place, and would love to have it now!  

As a side note, Poppy and Oscar's rooms are amazing.  I don't love her bed in the center of the room, but the rest is just kind of incredible.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the front stairs may not be the only access to the house. My in-laws had a similar property. An alley at the back of their property gave

them access to their garage and backyard. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 3/9/2023 at 1:58 PM, buttersister said:

What surprised me about Finn's room was that it was at the front of the house, with windows on the outside and their porch. I dunno.

I kept thinking that when he's a teen, that kid is going to be in and out of that window every night!

• Wink 2