Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E03: My Million Dollar Mistake

secnarf
  • Start Topic

On 10/6/2021 at 11:32 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

If all players choose tarp, everyone gets a tarp to bring home to their tribe.

If all players choose steal, all players lose their votes.

If there's a mix of steal/tarp votes, the steal players get a steal the vote advantage and the tarp players get nothing.

Tiffany and Sydney ended up voting tarp and so got nothing because Brad did choose steal.

The solution for this game is basically straightforward when you can negotiate in the open: either get everyone to agree to tarp so that everyone wins, or get one player to agree to take it for the team and choose tarp and allow the other two to get the steal the vote advantage.

The players seemingly quickly settled on the latter.  When Sydney said, "I'm going to protect my vote and go tarp," Tiffany should have just said, "OK so Sydney, you stay on tarp, and that leaves Brad and me to go steal a vote. We'll hook you up in the future at the merge with our steal-a-vote advantage or some other way."

Instead, Tiffany blathered some nonsense to antagonize her about "Do you want to play it safe or do you want to play Survivor?" Stupid, you want to cement her playing it safe here! Because if you talk her into taking a risk in this context that's bad for you!

Also, after all her shittalking about playing it safe, Tiffany took the safe option of tarp. She sucks so bad. She's bad at the challenges, bad at the social game. I imagine everyone who has ever played but got booted off in the first couple episodes their seasons are like, "How did I lose Survivor before she did?"

Unlike the first group on the hill, these three were actually given the opportunity to discuss their choices.  It was really obvious that Brad was going to choose steal a vote.  Sydney announces that she can't risk her vote so she is choosing tarp.  Tiffany with her crazy eyes says something like "well why don't we all just leave it alone and whatever happens, happens" which to me implied that she was going to choose steal a vote, and didn't want others to know that.  And then she goes and picks tarp.  

She is a very bad player... I think her reasoning must have been that Sydney couldn't be trusted, but if that's really what she thought, then why go blathering on to Sydney about taking chances on Survivor?

On 10/7/2021 at 6:56 AM, cowgirlwen said:

Shan to JD:  "You should have told me that you had an advantage.  Now I know that I can't trust you."

Shan to Brad: "Thanks for telling me you have the advantages.  You have too much power, so now I need to vote you out."

Did anyone else think that Shan was talking down to JD for not sharing his advantage details with her?  Almost like a parent scolding a child for doing something wrong.  I find it hard to believe that she would have talked to Ricard, Jeanie, or Brad in that same condescending manner.  

Brad's ultimate mistake was sharing too much with the wrong person!  

Agreed.  She criticised JD for not telling her about his advantage, but then when her ally Brad tells her about his two advantages, she quickly votes him off because he's "too dangerous".  I thought Brad was incredibly dumb for telling her about both of the advantages.  It was obvious that Genie was his #1 ally, why not keep it between the two of them?

On 10/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, seacliffsal said:

This may sound a bit cruel, but I think Jeff wants more than this truly successful show.  He has tried writing movies and really, really wanted a talk show which he got and then lost as the viewers just weren't interested.  Is he punishing us, the loyal viewers, by ruining his one endeavor that we supported because we haven't supported his other (vanity) projects?  I just don't understand why he doesn't care what loyal, long-term viewers want and enjoy.

Yep.  I remember the time he appeared on some sitcom in a towel, or maybe it was naked holding a tray in front of him.  Then his talk show.  It's obvious he wants to be more than just being the host.  I don't think he's going to get there anymore.  Looking at him in the promos or in the Game Within a Game scenes... he looks like he's one step away from zombie stage.  I don't know why he looks so old in these and not quite as old looking in the show itself.  Is it the filter?  The better camera?  Lack of hair dye?

On 10/7/2021 at 8:13 AM, laurakaye said:

I ended up averting my eyes in second-hand embarrassment in preparation for those stupid phrases.  I get the concept, but why couldn't the phrases be something that a semi-normal person would actually say?  And once one person has said it, I don't think they should have to say it at every immunity challenge - once someone says their phrase and later on another person finds the advantage and reads it, I think it would be interesting for them to try and recall who said it last time.  Repeating it just makes it look way more suspicious.

I don't understand why they couldn't have made the phrases something that people might conceivably say.  Like perhaps "I'm running on empty here".  It's funny hearing talk about butterflies and broccoli, but anyone who doesn't know, should be surely suspicious now.  Everyone on Yellow already knows because of Evvie and her big mouth, I think everyone on Green except maybe JD should now know because of Shan.  I'm not sure about Blue... didn't Evvie tell Deshawn about this idol already, or no?

• Love 3

The phrases have to be something that no one else would say. "I'm running on empty" is something that lots of people say. It could just be said by a contestant before the challenge or after the challenge. I don't think the note says that it has to be said before the challenge starts, just that it has to be said at the immunity challenge.

So the phrases have to be unique enough that it is highly unlikely for other people to say them. But the ones that they choose are stupid. The Producers know that there is a reward at each of the challenges, the phrases could have been something like "Man, I wish there was a bubble tea" or "Fir making kit with waterproof matches" or something along those lines. At least they would be a bit less awkward and noticeable, unless you were looking for them.

Brad and Genie both commented that Xander said his stupid thing about butterflies for a reason, so they both noticed that weird talking point. I would guess it was something that people discussed because it was so stupid. The broccoli would have been notable as well because it was so random.

Or at least have it that someone needs to find a way to use the word butterfly or broccoli and not a specific phrase.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AncientNewbie said:

I am really trying, Peachy, to keep liking your new version of the game, but I find I can't care about what people are doing with the twists if I don't know the people. This cast seems to have some interesting people, but half the cast is Purple so far and the other half are just reacting to advantages. 

It's a shame, because I thought the premiere was pretty good in terms of introducing everyone and letting them all have their say about something. But since then, people like Heather (the oft-mentioned mysterious blonde), Erika, and Danny have drifted into the background. The advantages/summits/consequences take too long to explain, and are often explained multiple times an episode, so there's no time left to find out what Genie is really up to, or why Sydney does/doesn't like Naseer this week.

55 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I’m wondering what advantagepalooza means to season 42 which was filmed right after…maybe a full back to basics season for contrast?

There was an episode of Star Trek where two planets waged war by having computers simulate attacks on the opponent.  if the computer determined you died in the simulated attack, you had to report to be vaporized.   At this rate, I'm fully expecting this is what Survivor will morph into.   The entire season will take less than an hour as Peachy hands out proclamations to each castaway of what tribe lost, what advantages were played, who voted you out and report to Tribal Council to be snuffed, please and thank you.     

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Looking at [Probst] in the promos or in the Game Within a Game scenes... he looks like he's one step away from zombie stage.  I don't know why he looks so old in these and not quite as old looking in the show itself.  Is it the filter?  The better camera?  Lack of hair dye?

Frankly I’ve found myself a little concerned about Jiffy’s overall health, and I finally figured out why this past episode - which I mention because I think it relates to what you’re describing.  You don’t see it quite so much in the longer-distance shots on the beach, but in the GWAG and the Survivor Casting bits you see a lot more of JP in closeup - and he has lost a LOT of weight, particularly in his face; look at his cheeks when he’s talking, and you can see a couple of loose and deep skin folds which I’m pretty sure weren’t there last year.    Peachy has dropped a lot of weight very quickly - so quickly his skin hasn’t had time to adjust naturally - and I really hope he’s simply been doing some severe dieting and/or exercising, because none of the other explanations I can think of for sudden rapid weight loss bode very well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I’m wondering what advantagepalooza means to season 42 which was filmed right after…maybe a full back to basics season for contrast?

Dream on. They would not have had time to process any feedback from this season, so I'm quite sure they were convinced all these new advantages and twists were going to be wildly popular. 

• Love 2
On 10/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

It occurs to me that this boot may be the first time in Survivor history that there was a majority-minority tribe that booted a White guy. Can someone more familiar with the game confirm or correct? Not that race had anything to do with why Brad got booted. But it seemed that part of the subtext of a lot of Survivor early boots was "get the old person" or "get the person of color" so it seemed worth pointing out.

Well, considering this is probably the only time (outside of Cook Islands) where they actually cast more than 2-3 minorities total, it might have been the first opportunity for it to happen.

JD was an idiot and had his paper with the advantage sticking out of his underwear so everyone could see it. the guy has cargo shorts with massive pockets and he stuck the paper in his undies so that it could be seen above the button on his shorts.

Or JD wanted everyone to know he had found an advantage because he wanted people to know he was a gamer.

I am leaning towards idiot.

I lean toward idiot too because everything that followed the discovery seemed to indicate that it was an unintentional reveal.

When he first rolled up with it, I was assuming it was the old "wear my fake immunity idol around my neck" ploy, but as the discussion unfolded, it appears that no, he just messed up.

I would love for there to be a future reveal where he admits that it was on purpose and it all went to plan with his tribe keeping him over Brad, but not holding my breath.

Brad acknowledging that he said it so badly. Don't worry, Brad. It's a dumb thing to say, however it comes out of one's mouth. You're forgiven.

Well, aside from mangling the phrase, he actually raised his hand to say it. It seemed like Jeff was about to start the challenge and then swung back to Brad's raised hand, so it just added all the pressure to the moment. 

I thought Xander worked his in quite smoothly, it seemed like an out-there surfer dude musing that matched his general vibe. But between the hand raising and the stumbling over words, Brad's was a clunky moment. 

Peachy has dropped a lot of weight very quickly - so quickly his skin hasn’t had time to adjust naturally - and I really hope he’s simply been doing some severe dieting and/or exercising, because none of the other explanations I can think of for sudden rapid weight loss bode very well.

Considering that he's never had any extra weight to lose, extreme dieting seems unlikely. Hopefully he's okay. I've always worried about his potential for skin cancer with all of the exposure he's had over the years. Some of those challenges go for 12 hours in the blazing sun and he's always right out there with them.

It's a shame, because I thought the premiere was pretty good in terms of introducing everyone and letting them all have their say about something. But since then, people like Heather (the oft-mentioned mysterious blonde), Erika, and Danny have drifted into the background. The advantages/summits/consequences take too long to explain, and are often explained multiple times an episode, so there's no time left to find out what Genie is really up to, or why Sydney does/doesn't like Naseer this week.

There's a blonde named Heather? Really? 

I know we're only 3 episodes in, but there are a handful of people I definitely know and a whole bunch of others that surprise me every time they appear onscreen.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

Tiffany with her crazy eyes says something like "well why don't we all just leave it alone and whatever happens, happens" which to me implied that she was going to choose steal a vote, and didn't want others to know that.  And then she goes and picks tarp.  

I believe Tiffany actually first said that 2 should choose tarp so that 1 could get the steal-a-vote. Sydney said something about not knowing or not trusting that or something so then Tiffany said something about just doing whatever then.

10 hours ago, AncientNewbie said:

This cast seems to have some interesting people, but half the cast is Purple so far and the other half are just reacting to advantages. 

And yet I'll always watch, because even bad Survivor beats no Survivor. 

Beautifully put. This is how I feel. 

• Love 4

Oddly enough, following these tribes through three days without any nourishment, brings me back to the Jewish Holy Days of Yom Kippur, --a day of fasting.  My family was not really religious, but I recall deciding, one year, to try a 24-hr. fast.   Well...by late afternoon, it wasn't the hunger that got to me.  It was the awful headache that pounded thru my brain AND the total lack of energy that left me capable of little more than turning from one side to another in my bed.  (My mom quickly restored me with tea and bread with honey!) 😌 

So....I DO keep that experience in mind as I watch these tribes struggle through exhaustive challenges AND then attempt to play the 'mental' game without the nourishment that the normal human body/brain requires.  (Heck!  I can barely follow this season's idols and rules on my normal 24 hours of nutriments!!!)  This season has really gotten a little ridiculous. 🥺 🙄 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

We have been complaining that there were too many advantages, so what does Survivor do?  Give us more - and twisty ones that leave us confused and even more annoyed.

Jeff needs to get off the happy juice or get another hobby before he breaks the show.

• Love 7
On 10/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, iMonrey said:

As soon as Brad said his secret phrase, Jeff pivoted right to Xander and asked him what he thought about that. 

“I’m not sure, Jeff. Let’s see if anyone else has any comments first” is what he should say, the next time Jeff tries to back him into Butterfly Corner.  I doubt it will happen, though. 

On 10/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, iMonrey said:

Dream on. They would not have had time to process any feedback from this season, so I'm quite sure they were convinced all these new advantages and twists were going to be wildly popular. 

Yes, if anything I expect them to double down on the gimmicks next time. This is what happens when Jeff is left alone in his garage for too long with nothing but a whiteboard and a dry erase pen. I can picture him scrawling diagrams across all four walls like an obsessed mad scientist in a movie. Might explain his gaunt appearance, too.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I know we're only 3 episodes in, but there are a handful of people I definitely know and a whole bunch of others that surprise me every time they appear onscreen.

It’s a good thing that we have a more diverse cast this year, so we can get to know… none of them. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

But they did give the people complaining about how they don't starve the contestants what they want lol.

True... but we wouldn't know that since all they show from camp are people looking for advantages or talking about advantages. lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Brad being voted out with all the advantages he could have played just ruined the twists.

He couldn't play them though. The idol isn't active until they're all found and because he had an inactive idol he lost his vote therefore he couldn't use his steal-a-vote.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He couldn't play them though. The idol isn't active until they're all found and because he had an inactive idol he lost his vote therefore he couldn't use his steal-a-vote.

uggg what??  way too much information     I want the old Survivor back!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think seemingly half the contestants are now aware of these hidden idols with the obvious magic phrases.  So once people hear three weird phrases, then many will know exactly which three players have immunity idols.  Especially the Yellow tribe since Xander shared the note with Evvie and she now knows exactly what the magic phrases are.

Also, what happens if these HII are never activated?  I presume that Brad's Beware Advantage will be re-hidden.  But what if Blue never finds theirs?  And what if there is a merge or, more likely imminent, a reduction from three tribes to two?  And the Blue beach is eliminated so it will never be found?

Way too many unexplained answers to these stupid twists.  Thanks Jeffy.  Jeffy wanted to "improve" and "evolve" the game and I think what he is actually doing is killing it.  Things have gotten way too confusing and convoluted for the sole purpose of being convoluted.  And some viewers will lose interest.

The worst is that I believe this season and the next one 42 were filmed back to back, so we will see the exact same stupid magic phrase Beware Advantage in the next season.  I wonder if Jeffy writes the phrases himself?  If so, given his constant obsession over the young buff guys, I'm kind of surprised one of the phrases is not "Your pectorals look so impressive and manly... may I touch them?"

I would think that now that everyone at home has seen these stupid magic phrase advantages, if they will be absent from future season 43, because everyone will know to listen for weirdness.  So hopefully will only have to be endured for two seasons. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I think seemingly half the contestants are now aware of these hidden idols with the obvious magic phrases.  So once people hear three weird phrases, then many will know exactly which three players have immunity idols.  Especially the Yellow tribe since Xander shared the note with Evvie and she now knows exactly what the magic phrases are.

Also, what happens if these HII are never activated?  I presume that Brad's Beware Advantage will be re-hidden.  But what if Blue never finds theirs?  And what if there is a merge or, more likely imminent, a reduction from three tribes to two?  And the Blue beach is eliminated so it will never be found?

Way too many unexplained answers to these stupid twists.  Thanks Jeffy.  Jeffy wanted to "improve" and "evolve" the game and I think what he is actually doing is killing it.  Things have gotten way too confusing and convoluted for the sole purpose of being convoluted.  And some viewers will lose interest.

The worst is that I believe this season and the next one 42 were filmed back to back, so we will see the exact same stupid magic phrase Beware Advantage in the next season.  I wonder if Jeffy writes the phrases himself?  If so, given his constant obsession over the young buff guys, I'm kind of surprised one of the phrases is not "Your pectorals look so impressive and manly... may I touch them?"

I would think that now that everyone at home has seen these stupid magic phrase advantages, if they will be absent from future season 43, because everyone will know to listen for weirdness.  So hopefully will only have to be endured for two seasons. 

The note that they found says that the penalty ends at the merge if the idol wasn’t activated. 

• Useful 2

Well, good for Evvie and Liana that they found out about Tiff's advantage, since she obviously doesn't have the loyalty toward them that Evvie thought she would after they kept her for two votes.  Of course, it doesn't mean much, since Tiff was completely stupid going for the tarp when she knew Sydney was choosing tarp and Brad was choosing vote steal.  And no Tiff, Sydney doesn't give a crap about you and now Brad is gone.

I've got Naseer in my Survivor dead pool, so I'm hoping Sydney goes before him.  She's been real nasty towards him and Naseer better wise up on who to trust.  At least blue keeps winning, so Naseer is safe for now.  but he had better hope for a tribe swap/merge soon, as he is really at risk at a TC right now.

Kindof sad to see Brad go, he was definitely a player.  but it does seem that he didn't gel all that much with the rest of the tribe.  Shan may do well to be Denise to JD's Malcolm.  worked out well for her.  

Its certainly a tough season.  more limited food, losing fire is a constant risk, much quicker gameplay with smallish tribes.  

• Love 2
On 10/7/2021 at 7:56 AM, cowgirlwen said:

Did anyone else think that Shan was talking down to JD for not sharing his advantage details with her?  Almost like a parent scolding a child for doing something wrong.  I find it hard to believe that she would have talked to Ricard, Jeanie, or Brad in that same condescending manner.  

This. people are talking way too much this season. With like 4 people left on a team, you shouldn't really trust anyone.

• Love 5

I'm going to add my whine here:  I want more footage of camp life, less advantage crap.  This whole "take someone from each tribe, transport them over to this other island, make them hike or sing kumbaya or whatever, then do the prisoner's dilemma thing" takes up too much time.  I do like how it gets three people together so maybe after the merge it could be interesting to see of those bonds hold, but it isn't interesting enough to waste what feels like a third of the screen time on it.

Three tribes also means less time spent on whatever little footage they show of camp life.  There's also that other tribe where there is little happening since they haven't had to go to tribal council yet, so there is little time spent on them.  Last week we heard everybody hates Naseer, but want him around for a little while to pick his brains about his skills.  So I want to know why they hate Naseer, and what skills?  SHOW ME. 

And?  Apparently over at that other camp, they're still all sleeping on the sand with no shelter.  Why?  Have they even tried to build a shelter?  Why not?  And with no rice or staples provided, how are they getting food?  Is anyone looking for snails or crabs?  Throwing rocks at coconuts high in the trees?  Two tribes got fishing gear....have they used it? 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I'm going to add my whine here:  I want more footage of camp life, less advantage crap.  This whole "take someone from each tribe, transport them over to this other island, make them hike or sing kumbaya or whatever, then do the prisoner's dilemma thing" takes up too much time.  I do like how it gets three people together so maybe after the merge it could be interesting to see of those bonds hold, but it isn't interesting enough to waste what feels like a third of the screen time on it.

Three tribes also means less time spent on whatever little footage they show of camp life.  There's also that other tribe where there is little happening since they haven't had to go to tribal council yet, so there is little time spent on them.  Last week we heard everybody hates Naseer, but want him around for a little while to pick his brains about his skills.  So I want to know why they hate Naseer, and what skills?  SHOW ME. 

And?  Apparently over at that other camp, they're still all sleeping on the sand with no shelter.  Why?  Have they even tried to build a shelter?  Why not?  And with no rice or staples provided, how are they getting food?  Is anyone looking for snails or crabs?  Throwing rocks at coconuts high in the trees?  Two tribes got fishing gear....have they used it? 

I don’t know why they hate him (although I suspect his accent and appearance may be part of it, but I hope not), but skills: he can start fire without flint and can recognize/retrieve breadfruit and probably other food.  He also seemed good at the challenges.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t know why they hate him (although I suspect his accent and appearance may be part of it, but I hope not), but skills: he can start fire without flint and can recognize/retrieve breadfruit and probably other food.  He also seemed good at the challenges.

These are definitely my same thoughts, but show me, show!  Until I'm shown anything else demonstrating he's a flaming asshole at camp, I can only assume it is his ethnicity that makes his tribe hate Naseer.  And I would rather see scenes of him showing them how to prepare and cook breadfruit and starting a fire than scenes of mysterious midnight boat trips that will probably amount to nothing in the end. 

I'm just a cranky "old school" Survivor fan.  I don't care about fancy advantages and potential vote stealing and complicated idols.  I want to see people arguing over how to build a shelter, then watch the shelter fall apart when the wrong person won the argument.  I want to see someone emerge from the water with a triumphant grin and a full spear of fish.  I want to see someone almost fall out of a tree when trying to get coconuts, dammit!  I want to see them all just floating around, enjoying the view and shooting the breeze, while some crazy guy digs up the forest in search of imagined hidden idols.

Edited by HurricaneVal
There was some other stuff I wanted to see too.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I think that he is an awkward player. He discussed voting people out with folks, who bring the info back to the other person, and then he wants the people to come tell him why he screwed up. He is willing to talk about other people behind their back but gets upset when he realizes that people are doing the same to him. We saw that with Danny twice now, the first time on the beach with the idol hunt tell and then this past episode.

I would guess that he has some mannerisms and behaviors that are different then the other players that they don’t quite understand. 

I just get the feeling that he is on the outs because of how he is playing and just being different enough to be uncomfortable.

That said, the tribe seems to vacillate on how they feel about him. They all seem to appreciate his knowledge and skills around camp. They seem to think he is a hard worker and they don’t seem to dislike him. 

He is kind of like Brad, not in the main alliance but I don’t think he is fully aware of the fact that he is not in the main alliance. 

I think he is playing the game but he is more unaware of his position then most players are. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

He discussed voting people out with folks, who bring the info back to the other person, and then he wants the people to come tell him why he screwed up. He is willing to talk about other people behind their back but gets upset when he realizes that people are doing the same to him.

That's a surefire way to get in trouble.  Nobody trusts him at all.

And to flog the horse, yes, too many confusing "advantages".

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

13 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

These are definitely my same thoughts, but show me, show!  Until I'm shown anything else demonstrating he's a flaming asshole at camp, I can only assume it is his ethnicity that makes his tribe hate Naseer.  And I would rather see scenes of him showing them how to prepare and cook breadfruit and starting a fire than scenes of mysterious midnight boat trips that will probably amount to nothing in the end. 

13 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I think that he is an awkward player. He discussed voting people out with folks, who bring the info back to the other person, and then he wants the people to come tell him why he screwed up. He is willing to talk about other people behind their back but gets upset when he realizes that people are doing the same to him. We saw that with Danny twice now, the first time on the beach with the idol hunt tell and then this past episode.

I would guess that he has some mannerisms and behaviors that are different then the other players that they don’t quite understand. 

I just get the feeling that he is on the outs because of how he is playing and just being different enough to be uncomfortable.

That said, the tribe seems to vacillate on how they feel about him. They all seem to appreciate his knowledge and skills around camp. They seem to think he is a hard worker and they don’t seem to dislike him. 

He is kind of like Brad, not in the main alliance but I don’t think he is fully aware of the fact that he is not in the main alliance. 

I think he is playing the game but he is more unaware of his position then most players are. 

I don't think the dislike of Naseer has anything to do with his race or ethnicity.  I think it started because he spied on Danny and Deshawn taking a break from their water task to look for idols, and promptly scurried back to the tribe and told the rest of them that they need to vote them out.   So obviously Danny and Deshawn have reason to not trust him, but so do the others because it showed to them what kind of person he is.  If Naseer ever goes off and hunts for idols, does that make him a hypocrite?

He seems kind of bossy.  And he seems to have a chip on his shoulder about his ethnicity.  He said something like "English is not my first language" and I believe a woman said "right, you have told us this several times before".  It seemed to me that he was trying to say "my English is not good so if you have misinterpreted anything I say or do, it must  be because English is not my first language". 

Seems to me like he is trying to use this as a crutch or an excuse.  But from where I stand, his English is perfectly good.  Seems to me that he is already setting up to use this as an excuse if he gets voted out... "they didn't like me because I am brown".  Might I remind him that another Sri Lankan - American named Natalie Anderson won the entire game and was also the runner up in a stacked Winners at War season.

We never saw much reasoning for why the Yellow tribe voted out Abraham in the first episode either (other than a casual "he is bossy") and I don't think I saw any observations here that that tribe was racist/ethnist?  Voce said in an interview that none of them liked him but the level of dislike wasn't really shown onscreen.

• Love 2

Wow.  I must have blinked and not seen any of that Naseer footage.  I vaguely recall him spying on those two during the water run--but that's standard in Survivor.  Sometimes with more comedy (see: Spy Shack).  But I don't remember any of the rest of that.  We just really haven't seen much of that third tribe.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Wow.  I must have blinked and not seen any of that Naseer footage.  I vaguely recall him spying on those two during the water run--but that's standard in Survivor.  Sometimes with more comedy (see: Spy Shack).  But I don't remember any of the rest of that.  We just really haven't seen much of that third tribe.

First episode: They showed him saying they shouldn't discuss strategy until Danny and DeShawn were back, out of fairness. Then he went down to see how they were doing and saw them hunting for idols so he went back and said if Danny and DeShawn were strategizing, then should all do the same.

Second episode: They showed Naseer talking about his life in Sri Lanka and how easy it was to make fire without using flint (he used the embers/heat from coals to start the tinder on fire, it really wasn't that impressive or exciting). They also showed him finding bread fruit and knocking it out of the tree.

Third episode: They showed Naseer discussing the need to vote out Danny and then asking people to talk directly to him if they are upset with him.

He has actually gotten a decent amount of time for one of the Blue Tribe players. We have seen Danny a few times because of the water challenge and going to the island the first episode. We saw DeShawn because of the water challenge and volunteering to go on the boat ride the second week. We saw Sydney because she found and read the advantage clue. So all of them got air time because of the advantages. Naseer is the only one to get air time because of what he is doing at camp.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We’re they allowed to bring several changes of clothes this season?

Last episode showed several of them with sparkling clean clothes, and definitely changes of tops. Even if it is only a few days, you would expect spots, grime, wrinkles, etc. Looks like they might have walk in closets this season….going to stream season one again and cry silently into my pillow for the loss of what Survivor once was……

• Love 3

I'll echo others that please give us old-school Survivor back. Where it's building shelters and strategizing and figuring out how to survive physically and emotionally.

Where the only rewards or immunity idols are earned by winning challenges.

No hidden idols, no stupid "I need a manual to understand it" advantages.

Let's get back to knowing each contestant. Falling in love with a contest one episode and out of love the next (or sometimes both and back again in the SAME episode).  

• Love 4

Old school Survivor will be pure pangonging and we will hate it. It will be, older people get voted out first, then younger women because we need to win at challenges. I don't love this many advantages but I prefer it than seeing Mike Hallloway beast his way to the end time and time again. Because in old school Survivor strategy has no use if only the strong players stay to win challenges.