Type keyword(s) to search

The Rachael Ray Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

You can buy vegan Worcestershire sauce, but if she didn't specify that's what she was using, that is misleading.

Yeah, I think in her effort not to mention the brand name on TV she left that part out.

13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

On last Friday's show (10/7) she had a cookbook author (Tabitha Brown) on the show who bills herself as a vegan and made vegan chili.  Someone should tell her that Worcestershire sauce is not vegan because it has fish sauce (anchovies) in it!  And this is likely in her best selling cookbook too.

What is the world coming to?  You expect best selling vegan cookbook authors to know stuff like this.

I’m confused. I just watched the segment on Youtube since RR airs in the middle of the night here, and Tabitha didn’t use Worcestershire sauce. She used A1 steak sauce(which has always been vegan) and liquid smoke. And in looking at the recipe page, Worcestershire sauce is not listed as an ingredient. 

4 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

I’m confused. I just watched the segment on Youtube since RR airs in the middle of the night here, and Tabitha didn’t use Worcestershire sauce. She used A1 steak sauce(which has always been vegan) and liquid smoke. And in looking at the recipe page, Worcestershire sauce is not listed as an ingredient. 

Sorry I really meant to say steak sauce, some of which have anchovies as an ingredient.  She didn't specify on the show which steak sauce to use, but the recipe online specifies A1 which doesn't have them in it.  I think the problem was that she couldn't mention the brand name and was in too much of a hurry to mention needing to find one without anchovies in it.

I also don't get the idea of making a "chili" with nuts.  Sure, nuts are good for you but they have a lot of fat in them (in spite of it being the "good" fat), are expensive, and I don't think all the steak sauce in the world is going to make me think they taste as good as meat in a dish like that.  Maybe it would work better with "impossible" meat substitutes.  Or just leave the fake meat out altogether.  I've had vegetarian chili and it can be very good.

13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I also don't get the idea of making a "chili" with nuts.  Sure, nuts are good for you but they have a lot of fat in them (in spite of it being the "good" fat), are expensive, and I don't think all the steak sauce in the world is going to make me think they taste as good as meat in a dish like that.  Maybe it would work better with "impossible" meat substitutes.  Or just leave the fake meat out altogether.  I've had vegetarian chili and it can be very good.

Not trying to argue, just sharing my perspective here. This isn’t a chili you’d eat by the bowlful, but as a topping I can see it being a nice addition to a rather plain meal. I’m going on a trip soon and trying to just eat everything I already have, but when I get home, I’ll probably try this, maybe as a lentil burger topping or with chili cheese fries. Those are always a fun and quick winter dinner. 

Expensive is relative to each person, where they live, and what other foods they buy/eat regularly. Even with using nuts of all varieties regularly, my grocery costs are still lower than when I was buying animal products. I’ve used nuts as “taco meat” for tacos, nachos, and as a component in a raw taco salad in the summer when it’s too hot to cook anything and it’s really tasty. 

From both a health and nutrition standpoint, I’d take nut meat over the ultra-processed faux meats most days. My body just feels better when I’m eating mostly whole foods, though I will occasionally grab a faux product. 

24 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Not trying to argue, just sharing my perspective here. This isn’t a chili you’d eat by the bowlful, but as a topping I can see it being a nice addition to a rather plain meal. I’m going on a trip soon and trying to just eat everything I already have, but when I get home, I’ll probably try this, maybe as a lentil burger topping or with chili cheese fries. Those are always a fun and quick winter dinner. 

Expensive is relative to each person, where they live, and what other foods they buy/eat regularly. Even with using nuts of all varieties regularly, my grocery costs are still lower than when I was buying animal products. I’ve used nuts as “taco meat” for tacos, nachos, and as a component in a raw taco salad in the summer when it’s too hot to cook anything and it’s really tasty. 

From both a health and nutrition standpoint, I’d take nut meat over the ultra-processed faux meats most days. My body just feels better when I’m eating mostly whole foods, though I will occasionally grab a faux product. 

Of course, I don't expect everyone to agree with me or things to be the same for everyone in every area.  But my posts always attract contrary opinions.  I don't know why, it just is.  I can't have an opinion without it being challenged in a way that begs a response, even if not intended to be confrontational.

I'm one of those people unlucky enough to have the genuine "fat gene" as was pointed out to me on a comprehensive DNA test.  And while I have long been well aware of the health benefits of nuts, they are still something I have to eat in moderation.  Meaning a handful here and there, not even a big blob on top of something smothered in unhealthy salt and sugar laden sauces.  And I am far from alone, I am sure.

And nuts, especially pecans in my area are $15.00 - $20.00 a pound right now, while chopped meat is still significantly less at about $5.00 a lb.  Not to mention produce, which has gone up significantly recently too.  Having recently started a "low glycemic" diet, my grocery costs have gone up buying healthier foods, and it is often mentioned in articles how much more expensive it is to follow a healthy diet than one high in processed, starchy carb-laden foods.

And the show is produced in NYC, where grocery prices are some of the highest in the country, so there is that too.  Rachael herself sometimes uses ingredients that are  on the expensive side for the average person to afford, especially these days.

• Like 1

No RR today in S. California. Just MLB.

I am kind of missing the RR episodes filmed at her "guest house" by her husband. The episodes with RR looking like she just rolled out of bed with a hangover. Bad uncombed hair, bad clothes, no basic make up. That was entertainment at its best (for me!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 3/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, Yeah No said:

That's interesting, it could have been me although I have heard about others.  I remember posting elsewhere that when I was an "audience guest" on her show about 10 years ago she completely ignored me and the other two audience guests who were there with me for the same segment.  We had been invited to discuss our menopause symptoms with an author who came to discuss her book on the subject.  We were seated in the front row before the rest of the audience sat down, and Rachael came out early waiting for the cameras to roll but she just stood there like we didn't exist even though we were only a few feet from her and nobody else was there yet.  When I looked at her her eyes caught mine once or twice and she didn't even react!  It felt very uncomfortable to say the least!

Also, we barely got sad pineapple with toothpicks to eat in the green room meanwhile the stars on the show always talked about how great the green room food was.  I guess we didn't rate.  Then after our segment the stage assistants wanted to shoo us out of the audience altogether.  We couldn't believe it.  They weren't going to allow us to stay to watch the rest of the taping.  They told us we could watch it from the green room.  We had to beg them twice to let us as they were ushering us down the hall to the back door.  Finally after several tense minutes in the hallway they put us up in the balcony, which was fine, but there was no reason they couldn't have let us stay where we were in the front row.  They had the room so why were they acting so weird about letting us stay?

Also, while we were invited to talk about our menopausal mood swings and other emotional symptoms, the questions we were given were leading and frankly a little insulting.  Like, "How long have you been mean to your friends and family since you started going through perimenopause?"  I was shocked and didn't know how to answer.  We had already been rehearsed on possible questions but were not prepared for THIS!  I remember answering that I was never really mean to anyone, just a little down and not myself with people.  Like here I was on national television being told I was mean in front of all my friends and family!  It pissed me off!  None of the show staff ever said anything to us about meanness being the topic before the taping.  Afterward I never said anything to them about it, though.  I didn't want to give them any reason to think I really was mean, LOL.

So needless to say it wasn't the best experience.

Wow! That is terrible. Do you have a link to the recording of that show? I would love to see it.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Does anyone know why Rachael wears those awful, terrible, ugly jeans every day? They are just so unflattering and I don't understand them.

Lol! Yeah those jeans are so bizarre with the asymmetrical zipper? or buttons? 

And YeahNo, I am so very sorry you had such a horrible experience on the RR show. Especially when discussing a very sensitive but important subject as menopause. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/24/2022 at 1:14 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

Wow! That is terrible. Do you have a link to the recording of that show? I would love to see it.

Sorry to respond so late but no, there's no link to a video of that episode online and when I asked for a clip of my segment they told me they didn't do that.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:28 PM, DanaK said:

Canceled. The show will end at the end of its current 17th season. It sounds like Rachael wanted to move on and do other things

https://deadline.com/2023/03/rachael-ray-show-end-canceled-17-seasons-1235278443/

I'm actually sorry to hear this.  For better or worse I've been recording daily it since day 1, fast forwarding through the parts I wasn't interested in.  It's a big chunk of my life now over.

I'm not sure I believe it was completely her decision because on many episodes she has invited guests to come back like she had every intention of being there next season to do so.  Unless something happened to make her change on that all of a sudden.  It should be interesting to see when and if she starts preparing the audience for the show's end.

• Like 2

Her condescending attitude toward the viewers and audience members has gotten worse. The way she fawns over guests seems like she overdoes it. The only person she seems genuine about is Jacques Pepin. Rightly so. He is my favorite TV chef. Time for her to go.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, rcc said:

Her condescending attitude toward the viewers and audience members has gotten worse. The way she fawns over guests seems like she overdoes it. The only person she seems genuine about is Jacques Pepin. Rightly so. He is my favorite TV chef. Time for her to go.

I notice she loves Emeril too.  I wonder if maybe she's going to try to get her own channel over on Roku like he and Martha Stewart have.  I know she and Martha are reported to hate and envy each other.

I've always hated her personality but stuck with the show because every once in a while she had a great guest (like Jacques) and interesting recipes (mostly not hers).  Plus I have this weird, almost familial attachment to her for many reasons including being Sicilian on my mother's side from the same area of Sicily as her family and a very similar ethnic mix on my father's side too, plus a resemblance that could make me pass for her older sister, plus having been born exactly 10 years before her, and many other spooky similarities (personality not being one of them, thankfully).

• Like 3
(edited)

I think those godawful jeans did her in.  Also that creepy husband. It seems that the shine has dulled on many of Oprah adjacent personalities as of late. See also: Dr. Shill McGraw and Dr. Oz. I did learn a lot from her show, but it is time for it to go. Rachael doesn't interview her guests. She brings them on and talks about herself and her husband and dog. She tells the same stories over and over again and brags incessantly about her home in Italy. Criminal charges should have been filed when she 'interviewed' Dolly Parton earlier in the season. They could have went ahead and charged for wearing those pants, too.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
typos
  • Like 5

Hard to believe her talk show was on 16 years. She seemed like someone who outgrew her britches, as my mother would say. But then I wonder if her original toned-down persona was an act, and as she became more successful, the true self came out. I've decided the same is true with Paula Deen. She started out as the sweet Southern lady cooking in Gordon Elliott's kitchen, then with success her true bawdy self came out. 

Speaking of Gordon Elliott, I noticed recently that he's a producer of Pati's Mexican Table. Who knew?

• Like 3
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I think those godawful jeans did her in.  Also that creepy husband. 

I never understood why she always wore the most unflattering, baggy pants or jeans.  And her husband, ugh, gives me the willies....When she has him make drinks on the show every single one seems to be a slight variation on the same negroni he always makes.

11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Hard to believe her talk show was on 16 years. She seemed like someone who outgrew her britches, as my mother would say. But then I wonder if her original toned-down persona was an act, and as she became more successful, the true self came out. I've decided the same is true with Paula Deen. She started out as the sweet Southern lady cooking in Gordon Elliott's kitchen, then with success her true bawdy self came out. 

That's interesting.  I remember years ago we had a theory on the threads that she and the other OTT Food Network stars (like Guy, Paula, Sunny Anderson, Jeff Mauro, etc.) started out more subdued and were encouraged to become more loud and obnoxious by the network.  Because it seemed to happen with all of them gradually.  They became caricatures of themselves.  And I think after a while they bought into that persona themselves.

We used to see the show "Food Network Star" try to get the contestants to become more obnoxious as if that was what they were looking for.  Hence the theory.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, chessiegal said:

In the case of Rachael Ray and Paula Deen, I don't think anyone needed to encourage them - their true selves came out.

To be fair, everything I learned about Rachael Ray from before she became a TV star makes me believe that she was not like that.  She would never have survived working in gourmet markets with the people she worked with if she were that bad.  Rachael is not her true self anymore and I don't even think she could go back to it if she tried.  She has become affected by stardom and wealth like a lot of people are and has changed into a caricature of her former self.  Sure, people have to have something within them to act a certain way but like actors she is not being her sincere self now.  It's a put on persona for TV which has now become the "real" her.  I've watched reruns of her earliest 30 Minute Meals and it's like looking at a different person.  People change with fame and fortune and she is no exception.  So we'll just have to agree to disagree.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've watched reruns of her earliest 30 Minute Meals and it's like looking at a different person.  

The difference is like day and night.  When I watch her now, which is very rarely, I can't even believe it's her, she is so different, not only her appearance but the way she acts.  There are times, especially as she is signing off, that she seems absolutely miserable and has such disdain for her in-house audience as well as those watching.

She's just so odd now, imo, and her husband too; who, btw, she loves to ridicule and put down as much as she can.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
5 hours ago, finnzup said:

The difference is like day and night.  When I watch her now, which is very rarely, I can't even believe it's her, she is so different, not only her appearance but the way she acts.  There are times, especially as she is signing off, that she seems absolutely miserable and has such disdain for her in-house audience as well as those watching.

She's just so odd now, imo, and her husband too; who, btw, she loves to ridicule and put down as much as she can.

I see it too.  She's lost a lot of energy since the pandemic.  It really seems to have taken all her joy out of doing the show.  Since then she has gone through a lot of life altering events, not good ones either.  First of all, menopause, which although she has had guests on who talk about theirs (like Stacy London) has never ONCE mentioned hers, which I wonder about.  At the very least is the way it affected her appearance for the worse, which is striking even if you look at shows filmed in 2019.  Then her mother is getting up there and she has mentioned that she is going blind with macular degeneration, which is hereditary so I'm sure that works on her.  Also was the loss of her house and most of her possessions in the fire over a year ago which couldn't have been easy.  And then was the end of her magazine.  She started a new one but that also folded this year.  So she has also had some loss in that regard.  

Then she made a brief aside on one show about having sciatica, which is something I have a touch of myself (another similarity) so she might be hiding some medical issues of her own to boot.  I noticed that for the first time since she was doing the annual fireman show with Dennis Leary for the foundation they are involved in, she didn't go and dress up in fireman gear and take a hose to a practice building.  She's probably feeling her age, I'm sure.  Having been in her stage of life I can say it wasn't easy for me either (and still isn't), but add all the above stuff in addition to that and I'm sure she's hiding things that are depressing her and making her less than the happy, perky person she started out as.  Add Covid to that and I'm sure she has had to get over some Covid fears.  From the length of time she held out doing her show at home with just her and her husband, which she is doing again for the second half of the season, I'm sure she has gone through this.

Anyway, just some thoughts on that since you brought it up.  I'll take on her dysfunctional marriage in another post later, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Her real persona is uber bitch. I watched the specials on building her Italian villa, and man, she was a bitch on wheels. They filmed from the general contractor's POV, and he dreaded her visits. 

Her place was ugly. She has hideous taste. 

• LOL 1

Can't say I believe the ending of her show was all her decision either. Not sure how the ratings have been but she's just so unlikable to me. So, not sure why I've continued to dvr her shows although I rarely watch them and at some point when there are too many I have to go through and delete the ones that don't sound interesting to me. The rest I just FF to what I want to watch.

I agree she's gone through a lot in the past few years with losing her house, her magazine and her dog. Having to keep up her perky phony persona. Putting up with that little toad of a husband. 

I admit I have learned some things from her show, not so much her recipes but prep tips and such. (A friend gifted me her magazine for years and don't tell her, but at some point, I just skimmed through and tossed them. The recipes sucked.) But I do admire everything she does for animal charities.

It sucks that there aren't any good cooking shows anymore, IMO. I still miss The Chew.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Can't say I believe the ending of her show was all her decision either. Not sure how the ratings have been but she's just so unlikable to me. So, not sure why I've continued to dvr her shows although I rarely watch them and at some point when there are too many I have to go through and delete the ones that don't sound interesting to me. The rest I just FF to what I want to watch.

I agree she's gone through a lot in the past few years with losing her house, her magazine and her dog. Having to keep up her perky phony persona. Putting up with that little toad of a husband. 

I admit I have learned some things from her show, not so much her recipes but prep tips and such. (A friend gifted me her magazine for years and don't tell her, but at some point, I just skimmed through and tossed them. The recipes sucked.) But I do admire everything she does for animal charities.

It sucks that there aren't any good cooking shows anymore, IMO. I still miss The Chew.

I do the same with the show, record, FF, delete the uninteresting.  Where else could I tune in and still watch some favorite TV chefs you don't see much of anywhere else, like Jacques Pepin?  And the occasional appearance by Clinton Kelly and Stacy London.  The occasional makeovers, etc.  Where else will I see them now?  Maybe if she reinvents herself somewhere else they'll follow.

Her recipes started out simple and excellent, probably because most of them were her mother's that she was putting forth as her own.  I still make some of her early Italian American recipes.  Her later recipes became fussy and full of hard to find, expensive ingredients.  Out of reach and out of touch to her average viewer.  Just like her - ha!

As for her little toad of a husband, I've come to the conclusion that the only reason he's still around is because first of all, she wants to keep up the appearance of "family", especially since she never had kids, but also because he managed to make himself indispensable in other ways by becoming her personal lackey and manservant.  He has forfeited his dignity in exchange for pretty much being able to fill his time playing in his 2nd rate band and collecting musical instruments.  He also functions as her personal lawyer and I'm sure he's saved her money and steered her in the right direction legally too.  Small price to pay for being that rich, I suppose.

One more thing - I knew she was a liar way back, because in a few early interviews she mentioned that her grandfather died when she was 5 years old.  She repeated that in several places over the years so I was sure it was right.  Meanwhile on her various shows she always said she learned how to cook from him at his side when she was a kid.  She would relate all these stories about him and what he would do as if she was there for years watching him.  I'm sure all that she was telling the audience came through her mother about the grandfather.  She never actually experienced any of that herself.  She probably did that because FN seemed to like it if their stars talked about learning everything they knew about cooking from their dead relatives, especially if they were from another country.  This was obvious especially watching "Food Network Star" because often the most successful contestants plugged that angle, and it was discussed heavily on the chat boards!

• Like 5

I knew she would turn up somewhere else soon after her talk show ended.  This is from The Futon Critic:

Following the success of "Rachael Ray's Italian Dream Home," A+E Networks expands on its partnership with Rachael Ray, with a number of original series in the home and food space in development. Among the new programs is the cooking series, "Rachael Ray Meals in Minutes" (working title), a fresh take on quick, easy, yummy meals. Rachael demonstrates her creativity and flare from her personal home kitchen, cooking a complete meal in minutes from comfort food to sophisticated fare for entertaining.

"Rachael Ray's Meals in Minutes" (wt) premieres Summer 2023. The series is produced by Free Food Studios. Rachael Ray, Brian Flanagan, Anthony Amoia and Sean Lee are executive producers for Free Food Studios. Teri Kennedy and Jordan Harman are executive producers for A&E.

This article from Popculture.com also discusses this.

• Useful 2

So it seems she's returning to her roots, a "30 Minute Meals" project.  I wonder how she'll make it new and fresh; I'm hoping it doesn't mean she'll include dirty and unkempt hubby sitting at the counter.  She's been looking a bit rough around the edges herself and I apologize if it's due to a health issue.  If it's just laziness, ewwww.

• Like 1
On 3/19/2023 at 7:02 PM, finnzup said:

So it seems she's returning to her roots, a "30 Minute Meals" project.  I wonder how she'll make it new and fresh; I'm hoping it doesn't mean she'll include dirty and unkempt hubby sitting at the counter.  She's been looking a bit rough around the edges herself and I apologize if it's due to a health issue.  If it's just laziness, ewwww.

I find it a little strange that she's doing another similar show to her old "30 Minute Meals" when over the past couple of years she's done like a gazillion new episodes of "30 Minute Meals" on Food Network.

She doesn't talk much about her own health but she did make an aside recently on her talk show about having sciatica, which I know myself can be painful.  I think the change in her appearance has as much to do with being post-menopausal as laziness.  A little bit of both, I think.

• Like 1

I think she made two short seasons of 30MM about 5 years ago. She hasn't been on Food Network in years. 

I watched some of them. Pretentious for the most part, with appearances from that mangy dog she calls her husband. Unwatchable. 

Haven't seen the talk show in years, but it doesn't sound like I am missing anything. She let fame go to her head and became insufferable and unpleasant. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think she made two short seasons of 30MM about 5 years ago. She hasn't been on Food Network in years. 

No, she just did 20 new episodes on a season 30 of 30 Minute Meals that aired on FN in the Fall of 2022.  The last new episode of the season aired on October 7, 2022.  I know because my DVR recorded them.  She also did a 40 episode season 29 that aired in 2019.  Note that Season 28 aired in 2011.

It's all on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Like 1

Yes, I absolutely remember watching these new 30 Minute Meal episodes because they were so cringe-worthy, imo.

She looked so messed up, dirty, sloppy, messy and her husband looked even worse than her and I could not believe how she cut him down and belittled him any moment she could.

It was must-see TV much like SLOP was back in the day, lol.

59 minutes ago, finnzup said:

Yes, I absolutely remember watching these new 30 Minute Meal episodes because they were so cringe-worthy, imo.

She looked so messed up, dirty, sloppy, messy and her husband looked even worse than her and I could not believe how she cut him down and belittled him any moment she could.

It was must-see TV much like SLOP was back in the day, lol.

LOL, I remember SLOP!!

Yeah, notice I said above that my DVR recorded those 30 minute Meal episodes - it didn't mean I watched them.  I watched a couple, cringed and couldn't bring myself to watch any more, LOL.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

No, she just did 20 new episodes on a season 30 of 30 Minute Meals that aired on FN in the Fall of 2022.  The last new episode of the season aired on October 7, 2022.  I know because my DVR recorded them.  She also did a 40 episode season 29 that aired in 2019.  Note that Season 28 aired in 2011.

It's all on Rotten Tomatoes.

I totally missed the shows that dropped last year. Thankfully. I estimated what you call season 28, that was the lasting impression it left on me. 😂

I just wanted to let whoever's still following this thread know that this will be the final week of new episodes of Rachael's daily show after 17 seasons.  They will air on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then go into repeats.  Up until now she hasn't mentioned the end of the show on air but the previews of these last episodes say that they will feature farewell clips from many of her favorite guests and chefs from over the years, so she's definitely acknowledging it now.  In the final episode Oprah makes an appearance.  

I can hardly believe this, but I have to acknowledge that it's true - I've literally been recording this show every single day it has shown new episodes for all of those 17 years!  For better or worse it's been a part of my life for a very long time.  I haven't always watched all of every episode but have fast forwarded through a lot of recipes and guests I didn't find interesting.  Right now I have 23 episodes still waiting to watch.  I've saved the ones that feature the guests I'm most interested in, like Stacy London, Clinton Kelly, Daniel Boulud, Jacques Pepin, Greta Monahan, Carson Kressley and more.   

With the serious lack of good programming out there and the writer's strike, this is going to feel like quite a loss, I know that.  She's supposed to have a new show coming out on A&E soon so I'll be looking for her there, although I'm not sure I'll be all that interested in it, ironically.  It's probably time for me to move on from her too.  I was never a big fan of hers.  I just had an odd connection to her because we were pretty much the same ethnic mix and could pass for sisters plus I had a lot in common with her on paper.  That did not extend to personality, though, and so it was always a bit like holding my nose and not being able to turn away for some reason.  Plus I got a lot out of her shows over the years, mostly from the guests.  

Here's a recent article from the New York Post about the end of her show and what she has to say about her next one:

https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/rachael-ray-on-ending-her-show-and-starting-a-new-one/

• Thanks 1

Well, Rachael's show may be canceled, but my DVR has been recording new episodes for the past couple of weeks.  Some even scheduled for this week, today tomorrow and Friday.  And they are new episodes, I know that.  Just FYI in case anyone cares.

• Like 1
On 9/24/2023 at 2:45 PM, DanaK said:

The show got replaced in early September in my area for game show "People Puzzler"

Rachael has a new show "Rachael Ray Rebuilds" that is coming out on Hulu October 23

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a45129501/rachael-ray-rebuilds-hulu-exclusive/

That's interesting.  I thought she was going to do a design show on A&E.  

A&E also reported about a food series she was going to do for them tentatively entitled "Meals in Minutes" that was supposed to premiere this Summer.  Obviously hasn't happened, at least not yet.

https://www.aenetworks.com/article/ae-expands-home-made-nation-programming-with-new-series-from-buddy-valastro-rachel-ray-michael-yo-and-more

12 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I see Rachael's new show Meals in Minutes is premiering tonight on fyi channel at 9 pm ET.

Thank you!  I watched it.  She's recording it from her guest house in upstate NY.  She repeated herself as usual and her husband was there with her doing the cocktails.  It was just like the food segment of her talk show when she did it from home during the pandemic.

47 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

It looks like fyi will be airing other RR shows.

They're rerunning her Italian Villa renovation series right now.  I've only watched a couple of episodes.  Too much of her and John yelling at each other.

• LOL 1