Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/5/2022 at 7:44 AM, bluegirl147 said:

If the writers can't write good stories without a stunt like this then they need to just stop. 

Every day that passes without an announcement that Season 2 is happening makes me hope just a little bit harder that they have

What is "premieredate.news"- is it a reliable website?    

Because this looks like something prepared in advance of an announcement... 

Edited by Pestilentia
Added link
  • Useful 2

It got that distinction later.  A lot of people didn't see it until it was on home video or ran as reruns on basic cable. And now of course streaming.  It did absolutely change the television landscape.  It showed women having sex and enjoying it.  It was just a couple years before SATC debuted that an NBC exec wanted Friends Monica punished somehow for having sex.

It showed women having sex and enjoying it.  It showed women talking about sex frankly and sometimes crassly (funky spunk!!!), as they sometimes do and now cowering away from it. It showed women as active players in their love lives, not just characters that things happen to.  And then it went further and made the men the accessories - what a concept.  It showed the real relationships between women, the good, the bad, and the ugly and the candid (albeit dressed up in Prada and Manolos) realities.  Is it relatable for all?  Of course not.  But neither is any show, I'm not sure why this one had to be.

Interesting that you make the Monica comparison.  Not even a decade prior, Brenda Walsh WAS punished for having sex and enjoying it.  They gave her a pregnancy scare and broke her up with her boyfriend because god forbid a teenage girl have sex with her boyfriend without repercussions.  That was 1991.  7 years before SATC debuted.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Not even a decade prior, Brenda Walsh WAS punished for having sex and enjoying it.  They gave her a pregnancy scare and broke her up with her boyfriend because god forbid a teenage girl have sex with her boyfriend without repercussions.

Even worse was the "THAT'S MY BOY" proud back patting Brandon got from Jim when he slept with Sheryl (in the Walsh house! While they were home! Who does Brandon think he is? Brady Hobbes?) before Brenda was even dating Dylan. If one wants to argue whether they were too young to be having sex or not, seeing as it was the first time they were juniors, that's a discussion worth having - for both Brenda and Brandon. That's definitely not how the show approached it, though.

Granted, 90210 was focused on teenagers and SATC women in their 30's and 40's, but it's hard to believe there was less than a decade between the two.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

If one wants to argue whether they were too young to be having sex or not, seeing as it was the first time they were juniors, that's a discussion worth having - for both Brenda and Brandon. That's definitely not how the show approached it, though.

And we knew that Kelly was already sexually active. I don't think viewers were supposed to be clutching their pearls about that. 

Women are always judged for having sex.  If it's not by someone they know then it's by society in general.  The women on SATC were guilty of it as well.  But I do think it was an honest portrayal of women in their 30s having sex.  Although they might have been unrealistically having more than most.  The discussion they had about Charlotte and whether she should let her boyfriend do anal was spot on IMO.  I have known men who really didn't have much interest in doing it but just wanted to see if the woman would.  Samantha and the funky spunk?  Yep that is a thing.  

That was the one big thing that was missing from AJLT.  The authenticity.   On SATC I always believed those four women were friends and the conversations they had were conversations I could have had with my girlfriends. But this show didn't have that.  If I had just left my husband you would not hear me say I'm living in a rom com.  The writers were trying to be clever and it just wasn't.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Even worse was the "THAT'S MY BOY" proud back patting Brandon got from Jim when he slept with Sheryl (in the Walsh house! While they were home! Who does Brandon think he is? Brady Hobbes?) before Brenda was even dating Dylan.

Contrast that with his response to Brenda when she made an excellent point about [paraphrasing] "Why is it you don't worry about Brandon having sex but when I do it, my entire value system is on the line?"

Mr. Walsh: "Brenda, it's different for girls! It just is!"

I mean, his reaction is realistic for a dad, if repellant, but I do wish the show had tried to push back a little more, and not caved so quickly to the parents of the viewers. Brenda and Dylan finally having sex was handled very well, and realistically.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Even worse was the "THAT'S MY BOY" proud back patting Brandon got from Jim when he slept with Sheryl (in the Walsh house! While they were home! Who does Brandon think he is? Brady Hobbes?) before Brenda was even dating Dylan. If one wants to argue whether they were too young to be having sex or not, seeing as it was the first time they were juniors, that's a discussion worth having - for both Brenda and Brandon. That's definitely not how the show approached it, though.

Granted, 90210 was focused on teenagers and SATC women in their 30's and 40's, but it's hard to believe there was less than a decade between the two.

Wow, that's disgusting.

• Love 3
On 2/18/2022 at 9:08 AM, bluegirl147 said:

It got that distinction later.  A lot of people didn't see it until it was on home video or ran as reruns on basic cable. And now of course streaming.  It did absolutely change the television landscape.  It showed women having sex and enjoying it.  It was just a couple years before SATC debuted that an NBC exec wanted Friends Monica punished somehow for having sex.  

This criticism has been leveled at other shows from that time period and while I understand it I always thought SATC was the story of those particular women.  Maybe they did have a more diverse universe but we just didn't see it.

Can you give me more info on this, or message me privately on here if it's not an acceptable topic for this thread?  Thank you

• Love 1

Eh, New Samantha, Old Samantha, No Samantha, doesn't make a difference to me.  I'll watch regardless. And yes, both Annette and Kim C look their age.  Annette was a big smoker, so her a little more so. 

I told you all it was 100% getting renewed, and it still shocks me some people on here actually argued with that. It had the biggest opening ever for a show on the platform. You don't ignore something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Via Deadline, with regard to Stanford:

King told Deadline they have no plans to kill off [Willie Garson's] character Stanford Blatch, who was written off in episode 4 as going off to Japan following his famous social media client who is going on tour. It was also revealed he asked his husband Anthony (Mario Cantone) for a divorce.

“We have no interest or plans in killing Stanford. None,” King told Deadline in February.

He added regarding whether Stanny could be in Japan indefinitely, “Maybe. People change. People live in different places. It’s not something we’ve even discussed at this point because it’s so sad. We had 10 full, authentic, hilarious episodes for Stanford. Those just went away and there’s nothing really juicy about a real death, fictional death you can build around. Everybody knows Willie is gone, so there’s no real trick that we would try to pull to make that non-reality. We can’t bring Willie back so I don’t think we would even attempt to bring Stanford back because that’s a lot.”

I don't think anyone is asking for a 'juicy' death scenario for Stanford. Speaking for myself, I think after six seasons, two middling-to-painfully bad movies and a terrible spin-off series, the franchise could pay tribute in-universe to the actor's passing with doing better by his character than just having him abandon his friends, leave his husband and decamp to Japan.

Full article here.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

I don't think anyone is asking for a 'juicy' death scenario for Stanford. Speaking for myself, I think after six seasons, two middling-to-painfully bad movies and a terrible spin-off series, the franchise could pay tribute in-universe to the actor's passing with doing better by his character than just having him abandon his friends, leave his husband and decamp to Japan.

The "death" is out of the picture for Stanford because they just dealt with a death (Big) that was essentially the driver of this series. So I get that MPK doesn't want to do that again for season 2, even if for someone who was more of a secondary character in Stanford. 

Regarding "writing off" a character, I really didn't expect them to do justice on this seeing as they can't even do a proper, decisive send-off for one of the former leads. Yes, I know Willie is more well-liked than Kim, but still, it's MPK - he's lazy, arrogant and totally not creative. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

The "death" is out of the picture for Stanford because they just dealt with a death (Big) that was essentially the driver of this series. So I get that MPK doesn't want to do that again for season 2, even if for someone who was more of a secondary character in Stanford. 

My counterpoint would be, this is a series about people getting older - god knows, they've loved reminding us how old and out of touch the principals were! - and death is certainly more of a realistic and relatable factor in their lives and friend groups. 

Having said that, MPK just sucks and always takes the easy way out.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Not bothering with a second season, the way I not bothered with the second half of season one.

I will, however, frequent here each week to see which new and exciting way this show can make me burst a blood vessel in an eye simply from reading what happened.

• Love 11

Good luck to those who will watch; I quit S1 around 2 or 3 episodes in. I'm not even going to ATTEMPT watching S2. The board here, however, is a different story. Call it the car-wreck syndrome.

My curiosity at how low this can plunge even further is piqued.

• Love 9

I call BS on the ‘we can’t kill Stanford!’ excuse and the ‘we had ten full authentic (?!?) episodes for him’ excuse, because in the episodes that he actually was in, he came off as a B-I-T-C-A (to borrow Buffy’s phrase) and a total jerk — who strong-arms their way into getting the best seats at a funeral?  A funeral!   And then when he was written off, it was for the flightiest reason possible - you have a HUSBAND, Stanford, and you are just going to abandon your life to follow a Tik-Tok star to Japan!?  I get that the cast and crew feels really protective of Willie Garson, I just wish the writers’ room had felt that same level of protectiveness before they assassinated his character.

A renewal?  I guess our long national nightmare continues.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 3/22/2022 at 8:09 PM, Lethallyfab said:

I get that the cast and crew feels really protective of Willie Garson, I just wish the writers’ room had felt that same level of protectiveness before they assassinated his character.

To be fair, Stanford was just one of many characters assassinated by this shit series. What makes it worse is, some of the ruination is with the blessing of not just the writers, but the actor.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

To be fair, Stanford was just one of many character assassinated by this shit series. What makes it worse is, some of the ruination is with the blessing of not just the writers, but the actor.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I didn't like Stanford.  I much prefer Anthony.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I didn't like Stanford.  I much prefer Anthony.

I was never much of a Stanford fan.  I worship Anthony.  

I'm really curious what the writers will do for Season 2, if they try to do retcon Miranda at all or give Che less of a part or try to make Che less ................ Goofy?  I wonder if they give a damn about the feedback or not, I really do.  I can't help but wonder.

I'm sure most of us assume that they do not give a fuck and it will be more of the same bullshit.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

A renewal?  I guess our long national nightmare continues.

Well, good news is there's not a requirement to watch it. 

I will , tho. I definitely had issues with season, and it’s sad that I'd be perfectly happy if Miranda never came back from California, but I'm still weirdly happy it got renewed (Stockholm syndrome?) and hold out a modicum of hope that they'll do better next season. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, luna1122 said:

I'd be perfectly happy if Miranda never came back from California,

I'd be happy if Miranda was gone forever. At least in the role of the boring person, the bitchy wife who cheats on her husband. 

The first season seemed like the writers tried too hard to cover every current social/personal  topic that one can think of. Death, aging, sexuality, adolescent girls getting their first period, race/ethnicity issues, kids dealing with sexual identity.

What's left for season 2? Will Charlotte get a new puppy? Will Steve start paying for sex? Will Carrie meet another "Mr. Big"? Or maybe Aiden will return as a newly widowed, single dad? Maybe "Berger" will show up on a Harley and as a successful, rich author. 

I'm still a sucker for this series so I'm in for another round!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm sure most of us assume that they do not give a fuck and it will be more of the same bullshit.

Well since they have criticized the audience for not liking what they were telling us we should like and all but calling us bigots for not embracing Miranda and Che I do not think they give a fuck about us.  

2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I definitely had issues with season, and it’s sad that I'd be perfectly happy if Miranda never came back from California,

39 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'd be happy if Miranda was gone forever

We should be so lucky.  But I just know they are going to have even more focus on them. Che's pilot will probably be ordered to series and be a  huge hit and Miranda will be right there looking like a lovesick puppy.  She will become everything she hated.  Giving up her life for her partners.  On the other  hand if they have Miranda and Che back in NYC and Miranda by some miracle has that internship I am going to be pissed.  In the real world that internship would have went to the next applicant who would rightly deserve it because they were available.  

I will keep watching because like @WendyCR72 said it's like a car wreck.  I have to see how bad it is.

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What's left for season 2? Will Charlotte get a new puppy? Will Steve start paying for sex? Will Carrie meet another "Mr. Big"? Or maybe Aiden will return as a newly widowed, single dad? Maybe "Berger" will show up on a Harley and as a successful, rich author. 

They still have to cover menopause in a meaningful way but I hope they don't because they would just fuck it up.  

I have zero faith they will correct the mistakes they made in the first season because they don't think they made any mistakes.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'd be happy if Miranda was gone forever. At least in the role of the boring person, the bitchy wife who cheats on her husband. 

I'll be fast-forwarding through any scenes with Miranda and/or Che, because I honestly can't stand either Miranda or Cynthia Nixon*. If it happens that Che dumps Miranda and Miranda begs Steve to take her back and he refuses, I'll have to find out on the boards where I can then go back and savor Miranda's comeuppance.

*I haven't watched The Gilded Age either. I just cannot stand her now.

• Love 7

My hope for S2 is that Carrie heading her own podcast will provide opportunities to harken back to the theme of the week episodes rather than trying to tackle every sociological issue, all at once.  One week, have her interview a woman with an Only Fans, a man with a girlfriend with an Only Fans who is fine with it, one who is jealous, etc.  Be inspired by Charlotte and talk to couples who still give out BJs and have a hot sex life years into the relationship.  The original series was as much of an anthropological study as it was a comedy.  It’d be nice if it that aspect could come back.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

My hope for S2 is that Carrie heading her own podcast will provide opportunities to harken back to the theme of the week episodes rather than trying to tackle every sociological issue, all at once.  One week, have her interview a woman with an Only Fans, a man with a girlfriend with an Only Fans who is fine with it, one who is jealous, etc.  Be inspired by Charlotte and talk to couples who still give out BJs and have a hot sex life years into the relationship.  The original series was as much of an anthropological study as it was a comedy.  It’d be nice if it that aspect could come back.

This would be great- but I have no faith. 

I’ll be watching because I enjoy chatting with you all. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

We should be so lucky.  But I just know they are going to have even more focus on them. Che's pilot will probably be ordered to series and be a  huge hit and Miranda will be right there looking like a lovesick puppy.  She will become everything she hated.  Giving up her life for her partners.  On the other  hand if they have Miranda and Che back in NYC and Miranda by some miracle has that internship I am going to be pissed.  In the real world that internship would have went to the next applicant who would rightly deserve it because they were available.  

Oh yeah, I'll be watching this wreck like a rubbernecking delay on the FDR Drive.  😏

I have scaled down my hopes, though.  I can only hope she sees how Che is not for her and ends up with the person she really should be with.  I'm not holding out much hope that it will be Steve, though.  Anyone but Che at this point.

I can't really see how the show would keep Miranda permanently at a distance from the other two women, though, so I'm wondering how this is going to play out.  Either Che gets the show, Miranda stays but soon realizes the error of her ways and breaks it off with them, or Che doesn't get the show.  I'm still holding out for Che being her "rebound person".  One can only hope!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’ll be watching because I enjoy chatting with you all.

I'm pretty sure I could quit AJLT but I could never quit you guys.  This board rocks.

2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I have scaled down my hopes, though.  I can only hope she sees how Che is not for her and ends up with the person she really should be with.  I'm not holding out much hope that it will be Steve, though.  Anyone but Che at this point.

I say this (or rather I type this) as someone who has never been a fan of Steve.  If Miranda were to want to go back to him I so hope he says no.  She treated him so poorly and I think he deserves better than her.  I never thought I would ever think that but I also never thought Miranda would so easily cheat on her husband and only tell him because her lover insisted she do but here we are.  

5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I can't really see how the show would keep Miranda permanently at a distance from the other two women, though, so I'm wondering how this is going to play out.  Either Che gets the show, Miranda stays but soon realizes the error of her ways and breaks it off with them, or Che doesn't get the show.  I'm still holding out for Che being her "rebound person".  One can only hope!

I would be surprised if they do the long distance thing with Miranda being in LA like they did with Samantha in the first movie.  My guess is they will have the series set in between seasons of Che's show.  Because you just know it's going to be a success because no way Miranda Cynthia Nixon would be with someone who isn't just so absolutely awesome and like the funniest person ever.  And since the writers seem to give CN whatever she wants I wouldn't be surprised if Miranda hits it big too.  Maybe they will have her be some legal talking head on some show.  Which of course would lead her to some political career.  

All I can say is Charlotte and Harry better still be happy.  

As for Carrie, if there is a time jump which I assume there will be I hope she is happy.  With a man.  Without a man.  Whatever.  She did the widow thing. And I'm not being dismissive. I am a widow and was younger than Carrie when I lost my husband.  You do move on.  

• Love 6

My guess is there will be an off-screen breakup between Che and Miranda - Sara Ramirez sounded so disillusioned about the series as it dragged to its bitter end, and I'm guessing she won't be coming back. I don't blame her. Why be the new TV character that people love to hate?

That would bring Miranda back to NYC.

I know it's just a show, not real people, but it still kills me the way they assassinated the Miranda-Steve relationship. I binge-watched SATC in between episodes of AJLT to make me remember some stuff, and Miranda spent the first half of the last season pining and yearning for Steve. On S6E1 - To Market, To Market, Miranda finally admitted that she loved Steve, and that they "belong together". Even Carrie was taken aback by her admission. So for MPK to say that Miranda fell out of love with Steve because they really only got married due to her pregnancy, is really destroying some of the sweetest moments of the original series.

• Love 13

If I ran the room coming into season 2:

Miranda/Che: I'd wrap this shit up quickly, but in a way that gives Miranda a platform to move forward as a character and doesn't necessarily pit Che as the villain. We see Miranda and Che settling into LA, but the cracks start to show immediately. Between becoming the next Roseanne and being a self-proclaimed narcissist completely uninterested in a traditional relationship, Che quickly grows tired of Miranda and what they see as Miranda's unrealistic expectations. Miranda, on the other hand, tries hard to live her best "rom-com" life, but ultimately realizes that she's made a mistake in throwing in her whole lot for what was at the end of the day, just a really intense crush. There is a good-faith effort to make it work, but at the end of the day, these two recognize that it's not working, and they have a difficult but necessary adult conversation. This results in Miranda going back to NYC to do some much needed soul-searching.

Edited by lamadeleine
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, lamadeleine said:

If I ran the room coming into season 2:

Miranda/Che: I'd wrap this shit up quickly, but in a way that gives Miranda a platform to move forward as a character and doesn't necessarily pit Che as the villain. We see Miranda and Che settling into LA, but the cracks start to show immediately. Between becoming the next Roseanne and being a self-proclaimed narcissist completely uninterested in a traditional relationship, Che quickly grows tired of Miranda and what they see as Miranda's unrealistic expectations. Miranda, on the other hand, tries hard to live her best "rom-com" life, but ultimately realizes that she's made a mistake in throwing in her whole lot for what was at the end of the day, just a really intense crush. There is a good-faith effort to make it work, but at the end of the day, these two recognize that it's not working, and they have a difficult but necessary adult conversation. This results in Miranda going back to NYC to do some much needed soul-searching.

I don't think it is necessary that we even need to see Che anymore. The show set up Che's exit perfectly: the podcast ended and Che went off to LA to film the pilot. Goodbye forever. 

Season 2 can pick up with Miranda back in NY, there will most likely be a time jump anyway. Miranda can have a line or two about how she remembers how much she hated LA from the last time the girls went (SATC season 3) and she realized her and Che don't have much in common and all of that "rom-com" fun fizzled out. Che's pilot got picked up, Miranda's home is in New York, no one is interested in long distance so they parted ways amicably. 

And maybe, just maybe, we can get a little bit of Miranda Hobbes back. 

If MPK can so carelessly handwave Samantha's exit and sloppily handle Stanford's, two characters that are much more crucial to the overall Sex and the City universe, then we don't need a dissertation closing out one of the worst plotlines of the reboot. Will it happen? Probably not. I fully expect Che Diaz to be just as much a polarizing and focal part of season 2 as season 1. I put zero stock in MPK or the writers caring about the backlash and bad press. For them, any publicity is good publicity and they're laughing all the way to the bank. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, funnygirl said:

And maybe, just maybe, we can get a little bit of Miranda Hobbes back. 

I think we only get her back if Cynthia Nixon wants her back and I don't see that happening.  She has made Miranda into her and I will be shocked if she acknowledges she handled things badly with ending her marriage.  I won't be surprised if we don't see Steve again.  Or even Brady for that matter.  I think the new season will be about Miranda living her best life without anyone from her old life.  Except Carrie and Charlotte.  But only if they don't question her choices.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I would be surprised if they do the long distance thing with Miranda being in LA like they did with Samantha in the first movie.  My guess is they will have the series set in between seasons of Che's show.  Because you just know it's going to be a success because no way Miranda Cynthia Nixon would be with someone who isn't just so absolutely awesome and like the funniest person ever.  And since the writers seem to give CN whatever she wants I wouldn't be surprised if Miranda hits it big too.  Maybe they will have her be some legal talking head on some show.  Which of course would lead her to some political career.  

I know that CN was in control of her character last season but it would take a huge amount of balls for the show to just turn a deaf ear on all the criticism and continue with the above scenario.  I'm not saying they won't, but just imagine how many fans will feel even more betrayed knowing that they knew how the vast majority of the public felt about it and didn't do something to cater to our opinion.  Do they really want another season of that?  I suppose they don't care and know that enough of us will hate watch anyway.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I suppose they don't care and know that enough of us will hate watch anyway.

I think being on HBO is the only reason they got renewed.  If they were on a network and ratings were a factor I think they would have been one and done.  I wonder how many viewers dropped off as the series progressed.  

4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I know that CN was in control of her character last season but it would take a huge amount of balls for the show to just turn a deaf ear on all the criticism and continue with the above scenario. 

The last episode dropped three months ago and since then all I have heard from HBO and MPK and anyone else involved with this show is how wonderful they thought it was and blah blah blah.  Unfortunately I think they are going to double down and give us more of the same.  They remind me of those execs who were always chasing the younger demographic.  Trying to make established shows appeal to younger viewers.  And in the meantime you are chasing away your existing viewers because you are writing crap.  MPK and his writers are chasing some "woke" demographic that doesn't exist.  The audience watching AJLT doesn't have a problem with "woke" storylines.  We have a problem with how poorly they are written.  We are woke enough to realize you have fucked up and are too stupid or too arrogant to admit it.  

• Love 5
On 3/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I think being on HBO is the only reason they got renewed.  If they were on a network and ratings were a factor I think they would have been one and done.  I wonder how many viewers dropped off as the series progressed.  

I agree. I told my Mom that they were getting another season, she said "well you can tell me about it."- she refuses to watch. I am sure there are a lot like her, signed on and gave it a chance because they loved the original, but aren't going to continue to watch the drivel.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. I told my Mom that they were getting another season, she said "well you can tell me about it."- she refuses to watch. I am sure there are a lot like her, signed on and gave it a chance because they loved the original, but aren't going to continue to watch the drivel.

Smart mother you have!

• Love 3
On 3/24/2022 at 3:49 PM, funnygirl said:

I don't think it is necessary that we even need to see Che anymore. The show set up Che's exit perfectly: the podcast ended and Che went off to LA to film the pilot. Goodbye forever. 

Please let this happen. I love Sara Ramirez, but I don't ever need to see Che Diaz on my TV screen ever again. They totally destroyed the show for me, and will probably ruin the entire legacy of SATC if they appear in any more episodes.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Mattipoo said:
Please let this happen. I love Sara Ramirez, but I don't ever need to see Che Diaz on my TV screen ever again. They totally destroyed the show for me, and will probably ruin the entire legacy of SATC if they appear in any more episodes.

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, and the entire cast and crew of AJLT are on it.

• Love 4

The Cut’s nightlife/drinking/debauchery column “Are You Coming?” has drinks with Candace Bushnell and she seems like kind of a mess but disses SJP and AJLT twice:

“Asked what she has planned for after [her one-woman show’s] close, she told me she’s hoping to keep working on projects where she’s the star, rather than writing stories for Sarah Jessica Parker, saying SJP’s full name in a whiny baby voice.”

”We both complain about how And Just Like That … tries too hard to be woke (especially Che Diaz)”

I knew there was probably no love lost between her and the show, but I’m tired of the Kim feud, so I am here because I love mess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know I certainly do not see myself revisiting SATC anytime soon.

Yesterday I was channel surfing while folding laundry and I caught the end of the finale on E! The "That is love. You love." scene between Magda and Miranda was the first thing I saw and it was just sad having had it ruined by AJLT. Then the first movie came on and I had it on the the background while doing my hair and makeup. Hearing Miranda shout "You broke us!" at Steve and telling Samantha that "it's the violation of the trust" that she couldn't get past was pretty annoying given the inexplicable Miranda storyline in AJLT. Legacy ruined.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Jillybean said:

I caught the end of the finale on E! The "That is love. You love." scene between Magda and Miranda

THAT was one of my favorite SATC moments. Did they have different writers at that time? And then we have the two movie sequels after the series finale that were beyond cringe worthy. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

THAT was one of my favorite SATC moments. Did they have different writers at that time? And then we have the two movie sequels after the series finale that were beyond cringe worthy. 

Funny how AJLT even made the movies look like high art, though...

• LOL 5