Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: In The Line Of Fire

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

that is what i heard. he certainly wasn't fired.

There's an interview done before season 3 where Titus Makin said he wanted to quit the show because of the BLM issues, etc. 

Titus Makin almost didn't return to The Rookie for season 3.

The actor, who plays John Nolan's (Nathan Fillion) fellow rookie officer Jackson West, found himself doing some soul searching after the police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

"A lot of people are finding a voice, and I found that for myself, where I was like, 'Oh wow, I've been complacent,'" Makin tells EW. "I woke up one morning and I was watching the news, and I was like, 'I can't do this. I can't go play a cop on a show and not talk about the fact that I'm a Black cop.' My character hadn't addressed any of that."

He adds, "I had that conversation with Alexi [Hawley], our showrunner, and he was extremely gracious and he totally understood everything I was saying. I did come to that point where I was like, 'If you want to write me out, I politely receive that. I would rather be written out than ignore the reality and not be able to tell the story.'"

The Rookie star Titus Makin on Jackson's decision and why he debated returning for season 3

So that's why in s3 there were suddenly an overtly racist evil white cop (in a precinct with a black Sargent and a black Commanding Officer of Internal Affairs) who wanted to make Jackson's life a living hell. Even though Jackson as a character was a son of said Commanding Officer of the Internal Affairs.

The writing, it just works, you know.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, Surrealist said:

This, too. She's so tiny!

She's 1.57 metres according to Mr. Google. Don't know how much that is in Imperial.

Why would you bring your date to your colleague’s house to babysit her baby

Because there is nothing sexier than a man caring for a child. Second best is a puppy.
Those guys who parade around fancy cars or big trucks attract other men. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Plus they have zero chemistry.

Bradford has chemistry with everything. Chen, ex-wife, Smitty, dirty laundry.
I will now go lie down with a cologne soaked hankie on my forehead.

Edited by femmefan1946
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, paigow said:

1.50m = 5ft so she is around 5ft 3"

Just under 5' 2" or half an inch taller than I am.
I was pretty mighty and strong, but not that conditioned, so, it's possible.

Edited by shapeshifter
Typo
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, shapeshifter said:

Just under 5' 2" or half an inch taller than I am.
I was pretty mighty and strong, but not that conditioned, so, it's possible.

It is also illegal for fire departments to factor in height for applicants. This was historically used to exclude Asian applicants in SF if I remember the case. You have to be able to meet the requirements for the job skills, but that is not height based.

I don't care about Bailey, but I generally like Jenna Dewan.

I'm always happy to see an Ashford on TV, so I hope Wesley doesn't get killed by his new boss.

• Useful 2