Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Gone

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Bull and the TAC team must call upon all their collective experience to locate Bull’s kidnapped daughter, and the abductor warns them not to go to the police. As Bull works to build the most important psych profile of his life, he begins to suspect the captor is someone connected to his past.

Sure, the kidnapper said not to call the cops, but they didn’t say anything about calling Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

Alas, no one thought of that.

Bye, Bennie, happily married in Rome. We’ll sweep all the dirt under the rug.

What are they going to do with the character Izzy? I’m surprised the actress has stuck around this long.

• Love 2

Sigh.  I will miss Benny's "gotcha" courtroom moments.  But if the actor was acting badly on the set, then buh-bye...  You'd think a show like Bull would be more cognizant and nip such stuff in the bud, what with the controversy and scandal with Michael Weatherly early on in its run.  As much as I like Chunk, he just doesn't bring the energy that Benny brought to the courtroom.  Chunk certainly has got his own charms, and maybe his schtick is as the rookie attorney who stumbles into the right conclusion and victory in more of a dissembling and fumbling path to the "gotcha" than Benny's damn-the-torpedos courtroom momentum "gotchas".

I wasn't in love with the plotline, but what I did love was that it showcased all the characters, highlighted their strengths, and demonstrated what a tight team they really are.  That's something that got a little lost in the last season. 

Like most of you, I'm confused by Izzy's character.  In the first season, she was used very well off-camera as the ex-wife to Bull but beloved sister to Benny causing tension in that relationship.  But I also swear I remember that Izzy had some fame herself, as some sort of lifestyle guru, like an urban version of Martha Stewart with a brand and maybe even a magazine or show?  Am I just imagining that?  Because if that was the case, then they certainly dropped that story and buried it.  However, that scene between Izzy and Chunk about the coffee was really, really good.  It gave us more insight into Izzy than we've ever seen before.

That was a nice bit, where Bull puts his distinctive glasses in the dashboard of that car, and Danny picked up on that to confirm the sleuthing back at the home office was spot on.  But it also kind of ticked me off, when they went over how foolproof their plan was, with all the tracking devices on Bull and I thought "They should really lo-jack his glasses" and then if they had, there wouldn't have been the panic.  Oh well.

Thanks be to the powers of the universe that they used a real child rather than that gawd-awful Renesmee CGI construct they had in the season premiere last year.  Though, I've got to tell you, those screams of distress felt very, very real and seared my soul, so part of me wished that was a horrible CGI construct, just so I would know for certain those cries weren't real.

• Love 2

I dislike stories like these especially in a series. There is no suspense. You know everything would work out. Are they going to kill the main star of the show, especially in the season opener? It might have more effect if  it were the last show of the season and leaving the doubts. I miss Benny, the other guy is OK,but for some reason I find him bland in his presentations...so I guess I will gradually stop watching this show, unless they bring in another "Benny type"....btw, what is this about him acting awful off the camera? Could someone clue me in?

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

Could someone clue me in?

Do a Google search, or look back through this forum. It came to light at the end of last season. I don’t want to rely on my memory, especially about things like this, so check it out on your own. 

Oh, the irony.  Bull finally gets a paying client ($7 million!) and he gets tagged for $1 million ransom.

I really hate the trope of "Turn around, and get on your knees".  Yeah?  Or what?  That, and her sticking the gun right in his face.  A quick move from him to knock the gun away and then a punch to the nose would have much better odds of working out then playing submissive and hoping the cavalry gets there.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DavidWeis1 said:

Sure, the kidnapper said not to call the cops, but they didn’t say anything about calling Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

It would have been awesome. I have no idea why NCIS would be involved since I do not think anyone has ties to the Navy, but I love the idea. This episode was awful. It was not the series I started watching. The series had been drifting away from a unique courtroom drama series to a generic CBS procedural overtime. I am hoping the series returns to what it does best soon. Also, I wonder if they will hire another lawyer. 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Sigh.  I will miss Benny's "gotcha" courtroom moments.  But if the actor was acting badly on the set, then buh-bye...  You'd think a show like Bull would be more cognizant and nip such stuff in the bud, what with the controversy and scandal with Michael Weatherly early on in its run. 

Can you elaborate? I'd not heard any of this. 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:06 PM, DavidWeis1 said:

Do a Google search, or look back through this forum. It came to light at the end of last season. I don’t want to rely on my memory, especially about things like this, so check it out on your own. 

Wouldn't it have been better if you just ignored my question instead of being 'snippy' about it?

• Love 2
On 10/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, HurricaneVal said:

However, that scene between Izzy and Chunk about the coffee was really, really good.  It gave us more insight into Izzy than we've ever seen before.

I don't know if it's the way the scenes were written, or the actress, but the only time I was able to actually not be aware that she was acting, was in that coffee scene.  All the other times, when she was hysterical, I was conscious that she was acting.  I did not feel that way with Taylor's meltdown...I found that believable.

There's one thing I didn't follow -- when Taylor was talking with her son, and he mentioned something about not being able to count all the fishes at the aquarium, what on earth did he say that caused the aha! moment with Taylor to let her figure out where Bull was?

On 10/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, LuvMyShows said:

There's one thing I didn't follow -- when Taylor was talking with her son, and he mentioned something about not being able to count all the fishes at the aquarium, what on earth did he say that caused the aha! moment with Taylor to let her figure out where Bull was?

She made the mental leap from counting fishes to counting cars. She remembered traffic cameras used for parking enforcement and that they could help her find Bull. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Oh, the irony.  Bull finally gets a paying client ($7 million!) and he gets tagged for $1 million ransom.

I really hate the trope of "Turn around, and get on your knees".  Yeah?  Or what?  That, and her sticking the gun right in his face.  A quick move from him to knock the gun away and then a punch to the nose would have much better odds of working out then playing submissive and hoping the cavalry gets there.

Yeah I guess you'd be forgiven for hoping they won't shoot you. I think I'd rather go down swinging.