Type keyword(s) to search

S06:E13: GVO or GTFO!

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I hope the rumors are wrong; I like Wendy and Eddie as a couple.

I don't think he cheated on her but I do think he was oogling big booty IG models and that bothered Wendy so she decided to become a big booty IG model, in part because of social media commentary about her appearance.

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

She's incredibly messy, but I like that she doesn't lose her mind over petty insults.

She did throw that handful of lettuce at Candiace because she was tired of all the nightcrawler, stripper, pimp comments.

And she jumps on social media to clap back at Candiace and Askale, days after the episode has aired.

6 hours ago, qtpye said:

Mia was being messy at the video shoot but I think part of Candiace's anger is actually toward Dorothy for stirring the pot up in the first place. 

It was also easier to blow up on Mia than Karen, Gizelle and Robyn who were also getting the tea from Dot.

Mia seems like Gizelle in that she kinda hazes and picks at people before she befriends them. She has antagonized Karen, Wendy, Gizelle/Robyn, and now Candiace.

I don't remember Mia coming for Karen but I think Mia was trying to have a moment (like Wendy) and went to pick at everyone trying to get a moment and struck gold with Candiace. Now Mia is feuding with both Candiace and Askale on social media.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, sATL said:

In this day of age where you can have home videos' as well as pictures on your cell phone, not to mention Facetime... why would a person need to carry a 20 x 14 family picture, that belongs on a wall  on a 2 day outing ?

To prove she's in a "happy" marriage.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 10/4/2021 at 12:30 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Mia bringing her on this show and exposing her to this would be Mias fault for not knowing that it would be detrimental to her mother’s sobriety. 

If somebody relapses, it is the individual’s “fault.” As someone in recovery, if a situation I have a decision in may be triggering, I will either avoid the situation or prepare myself with a plan, meetings, supports, etc. 

Life will still happen, and there will be  situations I have no control over; however, what I do have control over is my decision to drink or not.

It is Mia’s mother’s responsibility to stay sober whether Mia brings her on the show or Candace insults her. As they say, a relapse happens even before you pick up a drink (or drug of choice).

Watching them take shots looked like a lot of fun and made me miss drinking for a moment, but then seeing G reminded me why this bitch can’t drink 😯

Watching people on reality tv who reportedly are in recovery or sober fascinates me. Sometimes it’s inspiring, and other times it reminds me I need to keep my ducks in a row.

Anywho, thank you for reading my long message about something that doesn’t really pertain to the episode 🥲

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, littleowl07 said:

If somebody relapses, it is the individual’s “fault.” As someone in recovery, if a situation I have a decision in may be triggering, I will either avoid the situation or prepare myself with a plan, meetings, supports, etc. 

Life will still happen, and there will be  situations I have no control over; however, what I do have control over is my decision to drink or not.

It is Mia’s mother’s responsibility to stay sober whether Mia brings her on the show or Candace insults her. As they say, a relapse happens even before you pick up a drink (or drug of choice).

Watching them take shots looked like a lot of fun and made me miss drinking for a moment, but then seeing G reminded me why this bitch can’t drink 😯

Watching people on reality tv who reportedly are in recovery or sober fascinates me. Sometimes it’s inspiring, and other times it reminds me I need to keep my ducks in a row.

Anywho, thank you for reading my long message about something that doesn’t really pertain to the episode 🥲

Congratulations on your sobriety!

• Love 10
On 10/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, Jeopardy15 said:

I don’t like Mia or her husband with their “I’m too good to carry my own luggage” bull. Ugh! Mia is classist and seems to look down on everyone who she deems to not be in her level.  That heifer was a stripper who bagged a rich old dude and got to be a “boss” of some back-cracking chains. MIA, YOU ARE NOT A BOSS!!! 

I'm just curious.  Is it okay for people to be classist if they were born rich?

On 10/4/2021 at 12:35 AM, Marley said:

Well Mia crossed those boundaries first tho when she started talking to Candice’s mom at her video shoot.

Anyways Mia is bringing her mom on the show and the mom is agreeing so they are putting it all out there.

I'm trying to understand the link.  Please explain how Mia asking Candiace's mother about Chris getting paid (a conversation Dorothy opened the door for) for managing means Candiace has the license to insult Mia's mother.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2021 at 12:53 AM, RealReality said:

This.  

This is Mia's very first season on the show and  so she probably could have just survived on the mystery surrounding her origin story and the multiple fights and conflicts she insists on starting.  

SHE made the decision to exploit her mother for a storyline.  So, I don't see how she now feels that she has some grounds to demand that her mother not be discussed.  I feel like most people had a similar conversation about Eddie's cheating rumors, and it was like "well, if she is on the show, it doesn't matter how much it bothers Wendy, they all have a right to bring it up"  And in Wendy's case she never brought up the rumors, but Mia has put her mothers business on front street.  

I think Kenya was on the show for like 6 or 7 seasons before we saw her try to confront her mother.  Guess Mia was desperate, but thats on her and her alone.  

All of their mothers have been on the show, so does that mean it's okay to insult them every time the Housewives get into an argument?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

No and the only person we've really seen be classist and born in privilege is Candiace.  Robyn, Katie & probably Gizelle grew up in similar circumstances and we don't see them lording their class/privilege.

Having said that, the ladies only throw around their class privilege when they are fighting someone.  So if we are going to blast Candiace for being classist, then Mia can get that smoke too.

8 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I'm trying to understand the link.  Please explain how Mia asking Candiace's mother about Chris getting paid (a conversation Dorothy opened the door for) for managing means Candiace has the license to insult Mia's mother.

Why do they have the license to insult Candiace's husband?  If we accept that Gizelle & Robyn were being messy by asking if the Eddie rumors were why Wendy changed her body, then we should also accept Mia was being messy for asking Dorothy about Chris getting paid.

We can't jump up and down and scream YASSSS! when Wendy got into Robyn & Gizelle's ass for "asking a question" and but Candiace is wrong for getting into Mia's ass when Mia asked a question.  And before anyone says "But Mia's mother" nobody had a problem when Ashley got into Candiace's ass about the townhouse being Dorothy's, not hers.  "But, but, Candiace said something BAD about Mia's mother and Ashley didn't say anything BAD about Dorothy!"

Candiace didn't say anything bad about Mia's mother, either.  Mia's mother IS low budget.  If Candiace had said "Ya mamma's a Baltimore crackhead," THAT would be saying something bad about Mia's mom.

9 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

All of their mothers have been on the show, so does that mean it's okay to insult them every time the Housewives get into an argument?

If mothers are not to be insulted on the show, then nobody should be insulting ANYONE sincel all of them are mothers except for Candiace.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, Sheenieb said:

Right, and if Mia were to say, "I see now why you got your head slammed on a table," she would've been out of order. The tissue square would've made an appearance.

That tissue square needs to get PAID.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I dont think that they all have made their mothers struggles a storyline.  

And I don't think everyone has made it a point to approach someone else's mother without knowing them to get tea when the subject was 10 feet away.  

So, I think the comparison doesn't stand because the situations are different and distinct. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

What Dorothy said is irrelevant.  Mia is the one who made the decision to entertain and engage in gossip about someone she doesn't know standing 10 feet away. 

Mia wasn't asking Dorothy because she cared.  If she cared she could have asked candace.  Who was there and whose number she has through the floss posse group text.  

But I refuse to believe that Mia joined this show and didn't watch past seasons. 

If that's the case she knew about the issues between Dorothy and candace and decided to try to hurt candace by using her mom. 

And even if she didn't know about their strained relationship Mia used Dorothy to hurt candace because she was never under duress to entertain or start that conversation.   What Dorothy did doesn't change mias intent.  

Candace made a yo momma joke about mias mom without knowing her at all.  Since mias mom wasn't there to hear the comment it was clearly meant to hurt Mia. The same way Mia used Dorothy to hurt candace.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, drivethroo said:

No and the only person we've really seen be classist and born in privilege is Candiace.  Robyn, Katie & probably Gizelle grew up in similar circumstances and we don't see them lording their class/privilege.

Having said that, the ladies only throw around their class privilege when they are fighting someone.  So if we are going to blast Candiace for being classist, then Mia can get that smoke too.

Why do they have the license to insult Candiace's husband?  If we accept that Gizelle & Robyn were being messy by asking if the Eddie rumors were why Wendy changed her body, then we should also accept Mia was being messy for asking Dorothy about Chris getting paid.

We can't jump up and down and scream YASSSS! when Wendy got into Robyn & Gizelle's ass for "asking a question" and but Candiace is wrong for getting into Mia's ass when Mia asked a question.  And before anyone says "But Mia's mother" nobody had a problem when Ashley got into Candiace's ass about the townhouse being Dorothy's, not hers.  "But, but, Candiace said something BAD about Mia's mother and Ashley didn't say anything BAD about Dorothy!"

Candiace didn't say anything bad about Mia's mother, either.  Mia's mother IS low budget.  If Candiace had said "Ya mamma's a Baltimore crackhead," THAT would be saying something bad about Mia's mom.

If mothers are not to be insulted on the show, then nobody should be insulting ANYONE sincel all of them are mothers except for Candiace.

There is a compare and contrast and intellectual dishonesty issue going on here.  Mia talking to Candiace's mother isn't the same as Candiace insulting Mia's mother.  Something being considered low budget is obviously considered an insult or Candiace wouldn't have gotten angry about her video being called low budget.

There isn't an issue with women who are mothers being unable to be insulted.  The issue is that the mothers of these women are not getting in the mud and they are "innocents" on the show just like people's children.  The relationships that most people consider sacred are relationships with their parents and children.  If the husbands get in the mud, they are fair game, although Mia wasn't insulting Chris by asking if he got paid as a manager.

You can like Candiace, but it's a reach to act like what Mia said about Candiace's video and asking if Chris getting paid justified Candiace insulting Mia's mother.  

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I dont think that they all have made their mothers struggles a storyline.  

And I don't think everyone has made it a point to approach someone else's mother without knowing them to get tea when the subject was 10 feet away.  

So, I think the comparison doesn't stand because the situations are different and distinct. 

So if one of the women doesn't speak on any of her mother's challenges the women should avoid insulting the mother, but if one of the women talks about her mother's challenges, the women have carte blanche to bash her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

There is a compare and contrast and intellectual dishonesty issue going on here. 

You are absolutely correct.

Mia talking to Candiace's mother isn't the same as Candiace insulting Mia's mother.  Something being considered low budget is obviously considered an insult or Candiace wouldn't have gotten angry about her video being called low budget.

You can like Candiace, but it's a reach to act like what Mia said about Candiace's video and asking if Chris getting paid justified Candiace insulting Mia's mother. 

The intellectual dishonesty that's going on here is we want to start at Chapter 10 instead of starting at Chapter 1.  We want to start as the end credits are rolling up to justify a dislike of Candiace instead of starting at the beginning credits to find out what happened to lead to the events of Chapter 10.

As I've said before, if Robyn & Gizelle were messy and out of order for "asking Wendy a question," then Mia was also messy for "asking Dorothy a question."

The intellectual dishonesty is pretending Robyn and Gizelle deserved to get blasted by Wendy for "asking a question" but Candiace is wrong for blasting Mia for "asking a question."

Mia did not know Dorothy and did not know Chris. Candiace had told the group on a previous occasion she wasn't paying Chris so Mia already knew the answer.  Why are you asking my mom about my husband?

Let's not start at the end of the book to tell the story.  When Candiace calmly told Mia on at least 2 occasions that she didn't appreciate Mia talking to her mom, instead of Mia apologizing and saying "I was wrong, I shouldn't have done that,"  Mia decided to get some more licks in by calling Candiace's video "low budget."  Mia went for the low blow first, But Candiace is somehow "wrong" for returning a low blow with a low blow. 

It's not about "liking Candiace;" it's about reading the book from Chapter 1 to Chapter 10 in order instead of just starting at Chapter 10 to justify a dislike of Candiace.

A prime example of this intellectual dishonesty being displayed on this show is Ashley, who repeatedly starts at Chapter 10 when interjecting about her opinion of a situation Candiace is involved in when she never bothered to read Chapters 1-9.

There isn't an issue with women who are mothers being unable to be insulted.  The issue is that the mothers of these women are not getting in the mud and they are "innocents" on the show just like people's children. 

This is another example of intellectual dishonesty. We say, "well the mothers aren't getting in the mud and they are innocents like people's children!"

You can't use somebody's mother as a weapon against them but they're not supposed to use your mom as a weapon against you.  It doesn't matter if nobody said anything mean against Dorothy, they all regularly weaponize Dorothy against Candiace.  Mia weaponized Dorothy to shade Candiace's husband and when called out on it, decided to lob another bomb on Candiace.  Candiace returned the favor.  If Mia's mom is caught in the crossfire, that's just how it goes.  Were people this riled up when Ashley said Ray had a dried up old penis? Was Ray not an innocent?

So if one of the women doesn't speak on any of her mother's challenges the women should avoid insulting the mother, but if one of the women talks about her mother's challenges, the women have carte blanche to bash her?

Mia and Ashley both use motherhood as a shield to their bullshit.  Ashley uses being a mom and her motherhood journey as a shield to protect herself from being held accountable for her bullshit and Mia uses her mom's drug struggles & foster care story to get out of being held accountable for her bullshit.

What's intellectually dishonest is pretending Candiace is more wrong or vile than any of the rest of them.  If we have smoke for Candiace for doing X, then we need to have an equal amount of smoke for the rest of the cast when they do X. We don't and that's what people are pointing out.

What a lot of people who defend Candiace want is for the Candiace haters to be honest and just admit they don't like the bitch and they don't care what happens to her because they don't like her, instead of making up reasons why she needs to be disliked, when other cast members are doing the same things if not more and are not getting the same heat as her.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I watched the episode this morning.  First of all, I am not sure why there needs to be a Universal Theory of Blame when it comes to Candiace - as in, she's entirely right in every situation or entirely wrong.

When it comes to the situation with Monique, IMO, she was the victim. Mostly because there is never a justification for physical violence. But even taking the actual physical fight out of it, no one has ever explained to me what Candiace said to Monique that deserved such anger from Monique.  I certainly understand that Candiace had a lot of conflict with Ashley prior to the events with Monique but I just don't get what she supposedly did to Monique.

But with this situation, I absolutely think she's been in the wrong. That doesn't mean that I also don't think that Mia has been shady - Mia was shady in talking to Dorothy at the video shoot, and she was downright insulting when she called the video shoot "low budget."  (For one thing, it probably was an actual low budget shoot but in some circles, that's called entrepreneurial. For a second thing, until you've actually seen the final product, you can't say that it looks low budget). 

With that being said, I think that Candiace is going below the belt when it comes to Mia and her mom, and I will go even further and say that the fact that the other women were telling Candiace not to go there with Mia's mom was inadvertently encouraging Candiace to use that insult because she knew it was getting to Mia. I also think that it was interesting that as Mia remained calm, Candiace was getting more and more angry. Mia would have been smarter to just walk away, but instead she threw the lettuce and lost any moral high ground.

So it comes down to me that Candiace isn't always totally in the right or wrong. In this situation with Mia, IMO, they are both acting badly. And it's okay to call them both out for their bad behaviors. (But it's also okay to say that regardless of what happened with Mia, Candiace is not responsible for Monique's behavior last season. That is still on Monique and will be forever on Monique).

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 6
On 10/4/2021 at 4:11 PM, Rlb8031 said:

So Mia was gossiping about Chris - Candiace's response was to talk about Mia's mom - not G. Then when Mia didn't turn up Candiace, called Mia a ho, then when Mia still didn't turn up, she turned and called G a pimp. So who exactly is deflecting? 

That is how I remember the "conversation."  And I don't like Candiace at all.  I'm not jealous of her upbringing, her career(s), her husband, her house, her voice, her luggage or anything.  She strikes me as unlikable and when I am around unlikable people, I accommodate them by not liking them.  

• Love 2

Drunk Gordon reminded me of  Drunk Michael Darby, neither of which I would want to be around, Gordon and his air licking while talking to Karen was cringe worthy, if the cameras were not there Karen would have walked away quickly.

Mia has probably seen G like this before, many times.  

Candiace starting with Mia and Ashley is not a good look...wasn't she going to some sort of therapy last season?  I guess when the cameras stopped rolling she stopped going.  

It was nice of Chris to clean up his wife's mess yet again. Not one other person pitched in to clean the kitchen, Ashley walked thru the lettuce mashing it in to the floor and did not even think about it.

I love St. Michael's but hate they squandered their time fighting with each other rather than enjoying the town.  So many great restaurants, shops and wineries.

The season confused me, Wendy was dressed for a summer night and the others were dressed for cool weather.

I can't fault Robyn and Gizelle wanting a hotel room,neither felt comfortable in the attic bedroom and the bathroom situation was not good for Gizelle's injury, I like my own space like that. They should have high tailed it over to The Inn at Perry Cabin, it is sublime, the others would have been so jealous!

Karen told a lot of people she has been married for 25 years.

The shot situation was hilarious, those guys were clueless!  Wendy was feeling it (feeling being ignored by her husband) and made sure she bought a round of shots for the wives.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 10:26 PM, Talented Tenth said:

I'd say thats a fair enough rule.  If you make your mother a subject of the show you should expect that she is discussed on the show.  

No one has to like it, but if you've chosen to make a person and their struggles public and part of your storyline then you should expect all the positives and negatives that come with it. 

The only exception I would make would be for children. 

• Love 3

"Discussed on the show" isn't the same as "bashed," though. I don't think, for instance, that anyone has a problem with Gizelle and Robyn talking about Mia's mother and her problems because Mia has talked to them about it. But there is a difference between them discussing what they know - some of which could still be considered unflattering - and insulting her mother. 

Now I think Candiace is basically unaware of Mia's mother's issues, but she should be picking up the hint, here. Also, there are about a million other effective ways to insult Mia without talking about her mother. 

• Love 3
On 10/7/2021 at 12:25 PM, drivethroo said:

If we accept that Gizelle & Robyn were being messy by asking if the Eddie rumors were why Wendy changed her body

This season has been so lame that I'm not going to re-watch any of the past episodes to confirm or deny my impressions.

That said, my impression is that Gizelle & Robyn's reactions following Wendy's plastic surgery were more about Wendy's change of attitude than they were about Wendy's plastic surgery.  They both noted her personality seemed "different."  Many posters on this board noted the same.

I don't remember G&S explicitly linking the personality change to the rumors about Eddie.  I remember they mentioned the Eddie rumors, but correllation is not causality, and since Wendy has a Ph.D. in community affairs—which would mean she had to have taken at least one statistics class—she knows this.  So I call complete bullshit on Wendy's overreaction.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:37 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

she was downright insulting when she called the video shoot "low budget."

The video shoot was low budget.  I've produced videos.  Candiace didn't have any production assistants to wrangle performers and extras when they arrived on set.  That's most likely because she couldn't afford them, and it results in a chaotic mess from a perfomer's point of view (and Mia was showing up as a performer.). The finished product may look terrific.  That doesn't mean it wasn't low budget.

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Now I think Candiace is basically unaware of Mia's mother's issues,

Absolutely.

"Yo mama's a ho!" is kind of a generic insult in this context, tossed at Mia to get a reaction because nothing else seemed to have gotten a reaction out of Mia.

I don't know that it was altogether Candiace's fault that thiis turned out to be the remark that triggered Mia.

(Did anyone else find it really fucking weird to watch Mia cry?  I mean, with the amount of Botox in that face, that face was practically immobile, so it was kinda like wtching a statue cry!)

• Love 3
On 10/11/2021 at 1:17 PM, RealReality said:

I'd say thats a fair enough rule.  If you make your mother a subject of the show you should expect that she is discussed on the show.  

No one has to like it, but if you've chosen to make a person and their struggles public and part of your storyline then you should expect all the positives and negatives that come with it. 

The only exception I would make would be for children. 

I didn't say "discuss".  I asked about bashing which is what Candiace did to Mia's mother.

22 hours ago, Maximona said:

(Did anyone else find it really fucking weird to watch Mia cry?  I mean, with the amount of Botox in that face, that face was practically immobile, so it was kinda like wtching a statue cry!)

I think we can all agree that we are use to seeing tearless crying across the board with all the HW's shows. Not one real tear has been shed in years and while Botox may play a part I think it is also the lack of depth of emotion and feelings or lack there of that these women have.

Now, let's all grab a neatly folded tissue and faux cry about nothing and everything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I didn't say "discuss".  I asked about bashing which is what Candiace did to Mia's mother.

First, I don't think Candace "bashed" Mia's mom, she told a 'yo momma joke. 

However, both joking and "bashing" technically fall into the realm of discussion, which is defined as "a conversation or debate about a certain topic."  If you're talking about someones mother, be it a "bashing" or a "joke" it would fall into the realm of a conversation, since you are directing the comment towards another person and the other person has the ability to respond.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

First, I don't think Candace "bashed" Mia's mom, she told a 'yo momma joke. 

However, both joking and "bashing" technically fall into the realm of discussion, which is defined as "a conversation or debate about a certain topic."  If you're talking about someones mother, be it a "bashing" or a "joke" it would fall into the realm of a conversation, since you are directing the comment towards another person and the other person has the ability to respond.  

It wasn't a joke.  It wasn't meant to be comical and they weren't playing the dozens.  I'm well aware of what a "yo momma" joke is and what Candiace said wasn't it.  When people would tell "yo momma" jokes in grade school, there would be a roasting session between people that was not personal.  For instance saying: Yo momma is so short, her legs can be seen in her drivers license photo.  Calling someone's mother low budget in response to an insult was meant to be a dig.  It feels like intellectual dishonesty in an effort to downplay Candiace's nastiness and absolve her of accountability.  Insults aren't conversations either.  We can't redefine words when it's convenient.  We know what insults, shade, digs, conversations and jokes are.  If everyone else has to be accountable for what they do then Candiace does too.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think we can all agree that we are use to seeing tearless crying across the board with all the HW's shows.

But Mia was shedding tears.

What was weird is that her face remained frozen.

• Love 2