Type keyword(s) to search

S06:E13: GVO or GTFO!

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

If a housewife cannot fight with words, she should apply for a remake of bad girls club.  

Candiace's family has been discussed plenty on the show.  

These women aren't supposed to be bite, they are supposed to be all bark.  

But who has come on the show and called Dorothy a name? What has been discussed? The fact that her mom pays for everything? Dorothy does a great job of insulting her own child and son-in-law, and starting the rumors. Candiace can’t take her frustration out on her mom because she needs the financial help/inheritance so she “projects” onto others.

The issue is that Mia was talking about Candiace’s video shoot and calling it “low budget.” Since Candiace couldn’t come up  with a clever comeback, she goes after Mia’s mom.  She hits below the belt and is unnecessarily nasty.  No one should be physical but for some reason, Candiace feels a need to go there and then cries when someone fights back. 

• Love 20
11 hours ago, StillHere said:

She isn't young. At all.

She's in her mid-30's and if keeps up this level of cruelty and pettiness, I see another dragging in her future.

Seriously. And she ran her nasty mouth like this with Mo too. Candi better start to realize that taunting people to drag you, or whatever BS she screams could very well lead to someone actually dragging you! Bravo producers ain't gonna follow you around the rest of your life sweetie.

Maybe she's just dim and thinks this makes good tv. But IMO it does not. Candiace is trashy and brings the entire mood of this ridiculous show down (as if anyone ever thought that could be possible).

11 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Now I do see why ppl dislike candiace.   I don’t think I’ve seen this side of her mouth before.  I imagine at some point she will feel incredibly terrible about it.  She’s young...

Watch last season, and the one before that etc. Candaice has been nothing if not consistent. I think what we are seeing on this show is the real her. The level of nastiness in that woman isnt something you create for your tv "personality". 

• Love 16

Aaaaaaaannnnd my G. crush is officially over, I felt like I needed a frickin’ shower after his shenanigans!  I can’t believe he told Dre he’s a big motherfucker.

He’s like that old Uncle Rufus who had too much to drink and hits on every woman in the room, no matter the age.  And he’ll likely pay for that ‘shut the fuck up’ comment later, you know Mia’s gonna hold off on the nanny until he begs and apologizes.

BEAUTIFUL house, some rooms were better looking than others and I loved the view.

Also loved how the men hit it off immediately, as one of the wives I’d likely just hang with them instead of all the stupid drama that went down.

Candiace is that bitch who finds your weakness and gloms onto it….for Mia it is her mother.  Even after Wendy and Askale tried to tell Candiace about Veronica’s back story, Candiace still went HAM.  And what is it with her and mocking Mia’s feet?  It cracks me up until I look down and see my size 12 ½, then I begin to cry.

Ah, the salad tossing….Candiace would never have done that to Monique, just saying.  I hate that they went there messing up that lovely kitchen. 

Loved Wendy giving it back to Candiace regarding room assignments….but Candiace felt it was shady, never mind how shady it was when she did it to Wendy, Karen and Askale. 

Ray looked like he wanted to put Ashley on a plate and eat at the Y when he saw her outfit as she came to get Karen.  Looks like G. will have a disgusting comment about her body next week.

Finally, we have Gizzard and Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.  Heiffas, your podcast party invite had ‘haters’ on it how do you think that made Wendy and Karen feel?  But ya’ll don’t want to come because ya’ll don’t feel ‘welcome’, GTFOH with the hypocrisy!  And then have the balls to show up next week?  Wendy is nicer than I am, I would have not only rescinded the invite to them but would have told them to go right the fuck back home.  I hope their rooms are the smallest.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Did Karen and Ashley get lost? Because they seemed to be on that road for damn near forever. And it took them practically the whole episode to get there. So after all that posturing, Gizelle and Robyn show up anyway? What, did producers tell them they better show up or else? Can't imagine why since Candiace and Mia were doing more than enough to bring the drama. 

I don't care for Mia overall and I certainly don't want to revisit THAT mess of last season but I just feel like this episode shows again why some feel about Candiace the way they do. There's just something about the way she argues and verbally fights that just feels different than the usual Housewives' fight. It just feels uglier and darker.

I don't know how to explain it. It's funny she talks about Mia needing therapy because I think she she does as well. I know there was the storyline of her seeing Gizelle's therapist over her issues with her mother and so hopefully she's still going. Because I do think she has deep-seated anger issues owing to her fucked up relationship with Mama Dorothy.

And I can't say I entirely blame her seeing as the little we've seen of Dorothy makes me very glad my mother is nothing like her. I just feel like while Candiace may not be the first to throw the fists, she'll throw verbal daggers. It's just very nasty with her. Like there's shade and snark but with Candiace, shit often quickly swings to this dark and nasty place. Also, she was the first to throw the food. I hope that's noted.

Yeah Mia picked up the handful of salad but Candiace, even as Mia was walking away, picked up what looked like an olive or something and threw it her way. It just escalates with her. Also, did she imply that Mia was only on because of Monique's supposedly choosing not to return. I know that's a hot topic of conversation in the show's fandom with many of the Monique haters insisting she was lying that she was offered a new season contract and chose not to return but I thought it was interesting that Candiace said Mia barely got in. 

eta: I can't believe how these men all saw this was going left and chose instead to just peace out. I guess in their defense they may have just thought it'd be nothing more than some petty drama that wouldn't escalate any further than some verbal jabs. And not instead to an angry food fight.

Yes, I can completely understand why Candiace gets popped in her mouth , she's like a dog with a bone, she just will not shut up .  Her mother left that door open for Mia to walk through , if she is mad at anyone it should be her mother.  Yes, you are correct  there is something really wrong with Candiace she has far more issues than Mia does. This season I 'm not sure what's up with all these mommy insults but it' so very mean and low.  The men try not to get involved unless it gets physical because if they do then they will have issues between them. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

But who has come on the show and called Dorothy a name? What has been discussed? The fact that her mom pays for everything?

No one has called Dorothy a name; this is true.  But if Candiace is being told, don't put anyone's mother in your mouth then they need to stop putting Dorothy in their mouths.  If Candiace is being told, don't talk bad about nobody's husbands, then they need to stop talking bad about HER husband.

Candiace generally doesn't come after someone unless that someone has come after her first.

Dorothy does a great job of insulting her own child and son-in-law, and starting the rumors. Candiace can’t take her frustration out on her mom because she needs the financial help/inheritance so she “projects” onto others.

And Mia is upset her mother preferred crack to her, let her get taken out of the home and prefers to be with her younger daughter than her, but she needs a storyline so she projects onto Candiace.

The issue is that Mia was talking about Candiace’s video shoot and calling it “low budget.” Since Candiace couldn’t come up  with a clever comeback, she goes after Mia’s mom.

Let's stop telling the story in the middle and lets drive back to the beginning: the reason Mia called Candiace's video "low budget" is because she got called out for gossiping about Candiace's husband with Candiace's mother, whom she had just met.  Instead of just apologizing and saying she was wrong, she lobbed a bomb. 

I promise you this: if Mia had been caught gossiping about Jamal with Gizelle's mom and Gizelle confronted her, Mia would've apologized right away. She wouldn't have said "Well you had a low budget party in the driveway of Motel Gizelle."

Unfortunately Candiace took the bait instead of staying on the fact that Mia was gossiping about Candiace's husband and getting too familiar with Candiace's mom.  Mia was in the wrong and lobbed a bomb to get the smoke off of her.

She hits below the belt and is unnecessarily nasty.

Isn't calling Candiace's video "low budget" also hitting below the belt and unnecessarily nasty? Which came first? The low budget insult from Mia or the low budget insult from Candiace?

No one should be physical but for some reason, Candiace feels a need to go there and then cries when someone fights back. 

No one should be physical but Candiace needs her ass beat, right? 

And speaking of ass beatings, where is Mia's ass beating? It's long overdue.  We were told all last season and even now that Candiace needs and deserves to get her ass beat for waving her hands in Monique's face and she's provoking.

Yet we've seen Mia repeatedly waving her hands in Wendy's face, touching Wendy after Wendy told her NOT to touch her and waving her hands in Candiace's face. Where is Mia's ass beating, since waving hands in people's faces means you need to get your ass beat?

I'm 101% sure Ashley will run her mouth and claim Candiace was being provoking and that's why Monique did what she needed to do but will not say one word about Mia repeatedly touching Wendy and waving her hands at Wendy after Wendy asked her numerous times (on several different occasions) to stop.

I promise you, if Mia waved her hands at Wendy or touched her one more time and Wendy hauled off and beat her down, the same people who said Monique was being provoked by Candiace and had every right to beat Candiace's ass will turn around and say Wendy is wrong for beating Mia's ass, it doesn't matter if Mia was being provoking, Wendy should've exercised restraint! She's a mother with 3 children! She's a Johns Hopkins professor! She should fight with her words or get off the show!

1 hour ago, byrd said:

Mia’s mom was brought on the show but there is no reason for Candiace to attack family when they were talking about the video shoot being low budget.

They were actually talking about why was Mia running her mouth about Chris to Candiace's mother; Mia didn't want the heat about that so she threw the bomb back on Candiace by saying her video was low budget. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Mia brought her own mother on this show knowing her criminal history and has made it a part of her storyline.  Had she not done that, I might agree, but Mia shouldn't exploit her mother for a sympathetic storyline and then get mad when she is the topic of discussion.  

When Marlo was shitty to Kenya over her mother, I thought that was an awful thing to say, but you gotta chalk it up to the game.  Particularly if the housewife in question has made a conscious decision to put their mother and estranged relationship on national TV.  

I get the impression Mia brought up her mom and put the story out there to eliminate the blog universe from tracking her down and spreading all the info about her past on their own. By doing so Mia controlled the narrative of their relationship and presented her moms past legal and drug issues in a boring kind of way. Versus the XYZ Blog headlines plastering her mugshots and listing her charges and tying it all to the show. Not to say they still can't/won't do that, but if they do, ehhhh it's old news, we already knew that. 

Theres no way any of these women or their fans would have let some new girl come into the show and be all mysterious about her past and her family. Not gonna happen. Whether or not she planned it that way, Mia was smart regarding the story with her mom. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

But who has come on the show and called Dorothy a name? What has been discussed? The fact that her mom pays for everything?

This. I may be wrong but I can't remember any of the women insulting Dorothy. They've insulted Candiace in relation to Dorothy financially taking care of her and Chris. But not Dorothy herself. The infamous dinner fight with her and Ashley, Ashley's comebacks were, "what in your mama's house that she's paying for" and "don't destroy your mama's table." So once again shading Candiace that all she had was really bought and paid for by Dorothy. I don't remember anyone saying, "Dorothy's low budget, Dorothy's trash, etc."

And speaking of, another facet of that whole mess last night that at one point made it seem to me that Ms. Candiace came there guns drawn to hit every blow on Mia no matter what she said, is that Mia if I remember correctly, even said at one point how she liked Dorothy and even aspire to be like her (she was probably full of shit but still). Candiace throws back to that, "well she didn't come from a stripper pole but whatever..." Like what?

And as others noted, absolutely Mia was being shady and messy as these Housewives can all be, at the video shoot. But again, she a hundred percent felt emboldened because Dorothy was ready and willing with a quickness to spill all the tea. She was ready to go for any and everyone that was willing to listen. And that's the major issue Candiace needs to deal with and address. That her mama was more than happy to shade and drag her amongst a bunch of women she, Dorothy only casually knows. And Mia she only met that day. 

1 hour ago, TheCouchPotato said:

The issue is that Mia was talking about Candiace’s video shoot and calling it “low budget.” Since Candiace couldn’t come up  with a clever comeback, she goes after Mia’s mom.  She hits below the belt and is unnecessarily nasty.

I just didn't get why she didn't just say Mia was low budget and continue on her rants about Mia's big feet and hands. It's odd she went for her mother, which is what makes it hard to believe she didn't know the backstory, even though I know she's claiming she didn't on social media. But why her mother? 

Mia was a stripper, as Candiace loves bringing up, there's a lot tacky about her, etc. so again, why not just go, "bitch you're low budget." Instead she keeps going for Mia's mother, a woman she's never met who has nothing to do with the argument. Just weird.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

No one has called Dorothy a name; this is true.  But if Candiace is being told, don't put anyone's mother in your mouth then they need to stop putting Dorothy in their mouths.  If Candiace is being told, don't talk bad about nobody's husbands, then they need to stop talking bad about HER husband.

Candiace needs to address this mess with her mother not her castmates. Ms Dorothy is the one who continues to open the doors to all this trouble. Others follow through and then she lashes out on them, acting as if Dorothy wasnt even there. Here's a thought Candi, create your own storylines, tell your mom not to come around today because you're filming, and then watch and see if things change. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This. I may be wrong but I can't remember any of the women insulting Dorothy. They've insulted Candiace in relation to Dorothy financially taking care of her and Chris. But not Dorothy herself. The infamous dinner fight with her and Ashley, Ashley's comebacks were, "what in your mama's house that she's paying for" and "don't destroy your mama's table." So once again shading Candiace that all she had was really bought and paid for by Dorothy. I don't remember anyone saying, "Dorothy's low budget, Dorothy's trash, etc."

And speaking of, another facet of that whole mess last night that at one point made it seem to me that Ms. Candiace came there guns drawn to hit every blow on Mia no matter what she said, is that Mia if I remember correctly, even said at one point how she liked Dorothy and even aspire to be like her (she was probably full of shit but still). Candiace throws back to that, "well she didn't come from a stripper pole but whatever..." Like what?

And as others noted, absolutely Mia was being shady and messy as these Housewives can all be, at the video shoot. But again, she a hundred percent felt emboldened because Dorothy was ready and willing with a quickness to spill all the tea. She was ready to go for any and everyone that was willing to listen. And that's the major issue Candiace needs to deal with and address. That her mama was more than happy to shade and drag her amongst a bunch of women she, Dorothy only casually knows. And Mia she only met that day. 

I just didn't get why she didn't just say Mia was low budget and continue on her rants about Mia's big feet and hands. It's odd she went for her mother, which is what makes it hard to believe she didn't know the backstory, even though I know she's claiming she didn't on social media. But why her mother? 

Mia was a stripper, as Candiace loves bringing up, there's a lot tacky about her, etc. so again, why not just go, "bitch you're low budget." Instead she keeps going for Mia's mother, a woman she's never met who has nothing to do with the argument. Just weird.

Exactly! Candiace could’ve stuck to insulting Mia, as she started to do in this episode, but instead goes after her mom (this episode calling her husband a “pimp.”). She just can’t help herself. Exactly right about being emboldened by Dorothy. Dorothy stirs and welcomes any takers. 

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 5

Mia has been complaining that her mom doesn't spend time with her, and likes her sister better, but she'd like to work on their relationship, and so on.

I think she just wants a nanny or babysitter she doesn't have to pay because, here's her mom, set to watch the kids, while Mia and G are on the trip. If I were Mia's mom, I would feel used.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Aaaaaaaannnnd my G. crush is officially over, I felt like I needed a frickin’ shower after his shenanigans!  I can’t believe he told Dre he’s a big motherfucker.

He’s like that old Uncle Rufus who had too much to drink and hits on every woman in the room, no matter the age.  And he’ll likely pay for that ‘shut the fuck up’ comment later, you know Mia’s gonna hold off on the nanny until he begs and apologizes.

*SNIP*

I get the feeling that Mia's attempts to withhold nanny or anything else from Big G would come with penalties Mrs. Boss Bitch, CEO, Inc. can't afford to pay. I feel the same way about Ashley, Monique and Karen (during her younger years). A lot of well-to-do men enjoy taking women out of lower socioeconomic situations to spoil them. But some of these men also like to control the women they are "saving." 

I believe strongly that anytime Mia tries to assert herself, Big G will drop Mia back off in the hood and run down to the strip club to make it rain. Who knows? Maybe next time he'll rescue one of the white women he was grinning about.

Marry for money and you work for every last penny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Mia brought her own mother on this show knowing her criminal history and has made it a part of her storyline.  Had she not done that, I might agree, but Mia shouldn't exploit her mother for a sympathetic storyline and then get mad when she is the topic of discussion.  

When Marlo was shitty to Kenya over her mother, I thought that was an awful thing to say, but you gotta chalk it up to the game.  Particularly if the housewife in question has made a conscious decision to put their mother and estranged relationship on national TV.  

But Marlo's brutal quip insulted Kenya, not the mother.

2 minutes ago, HotHW said:

Candiace needs to address this mess with her mother not her castmates. Ms Dorothy is the one who continues to open the doors to all this trouble. Others follow through and then she lashes out on them, acting as if Dorothy wasnt even there. Here's a thought Candi, create your own storylines, tell your mom not to come around today because you're filming, and then watch and see if things change. 

One really doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Mia calling Candiace's video "low budget" doesn't have anything to do with Dorothy.  Dorothy didn't make Mia say that.  Dorothy didn't tell Mia "this is some low budget shit."  That's all on Mia and that's the issue at hand.  Even after Candiace calmly explained to Mia how she felt, Mia kept poking with the low budget insults and trying to justify it with "well as a CEO I'm just giving you some constructive criticism."

Mia lobbed the bomb at Candiace first, but Mia, the other castmates and the audience want to put 99% of the blame on Candiace because she's a mean girl and we don't like mean girls who are mean upfront.

I will say about Dorothy, should Candiace stay on this show, that Candiace should never film with Dorothy again.  Dorothy doesn't like Candiace; she may love her as her daughter but she does not like Candiace and everyone knows it and everyone uses that against Candiace.  Cut off Dorothy's access to the spotlight and I think a lot of things will improve for Candiace.

7 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I feel the same way about Ashley, Monique and Karen (during her younger years). A lot of well-to-do men enjoy taking women out of lower socioeconomic situations to spoil them. But some of these men also like to control the women they are "saving." 

I'm not sure about Karen being in this position necessarily.  Karen didn't have as much money as Ray when they married but I don't get the impression that Karen was or is in survival mode.  I heard Karen owned her own business when she married Ray and sold it when they married so she could tend to him.  I think the issue between her and Ray is Karen has gone back to doing for Karen and Ray didn't like that because all her attention wasn't on him.  If they separated today, I think Karen would be able to continue the lifestyle she has.

If Ashley, Monique and Mia's husbands left them today, they would not be able to continue their lifestyles and the only reason they would even get a crumb from their husbands is because they all have small children and none of the husbands will want their children going back to the tents, trucks and strip clubs their mommas came from.  All 3 of those women were and are scratching and surviving and all 3 husbands know that (with Chris Samuels being the best of that bunch, he does love and care for Monique as a person and not a plaything).

23 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Marry for money and you work for every last penny.

Ashley and Mia are working hard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If Mia’s mom relapses thats on Mia and no one else. Mia is the one that brought her on this show and exposed her. 

I believe if that happens mom's relapse will be on mom.

None of this helps but we are all the arbiter of our own sobriety.

Also, no one slipping on lettuce like a cartoon character slipping on a banana peel was very disappointing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I believe if that happens mom's relapse will be on mom.

None of this helps but we are all the arbiter of our own sobriety.

Also, no one slipping on lettuce like a cartoon character slipping on a banana peel was very disappointing.

Mia bringing her on this show and exposing her to this would be Mias fault for not knowing that it would be detrimental to her mother’s sobriety. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

*SNIP*

I'm not sure about Karen being in this position necessarily.  Karen didn't have as much money as Ray when they married but I don't get the impression that Karen was or is in survival mode.  I heard Karen owned her own business when she married Ray and sold it when they married so she could tend to him.  I think the issue between her and Ray is Karen has gone back to doing for Karen and Ray didn't like that because all her attention wasn't on him.  If they separated today, I think Karen would be able to continue the lifestyle she has.

If Ashley, Monique and Mia's husbands left them today, they would not be able to continue their lifestyles and the only reason they would even get a crumb from their husbands is because they all have small children and none of the husbands will want their children going back to the tents, trucks and strip clubs their mommas came from.  All 3 of those women were and are scratching and surviving and all 3 husbands know that (with Chris Samuels being the best of that bunch, he does love and care for Monique as a person and not a plaything).

*SNIP*

I appreciate the info because I didn't know this about Karen (I don't do social media and I don't really follow the women when they're not on the show). Glad to know Karen had her own coin.

As for Ashley, Mo, and Mia, I'll say they're lucky their husbands are old (Michael, G) or old-fashioned (Chris). These modern men be out here taking their kids so that they don't have to pay child support (Usher knows all about that). Michael, G, and Chris don't look like they're about that life, so I believe you're right in that we won't be hearing about these kids living in tents and trailers out here. It's easier to send monthly payments to make sure everyone's okay.

As for Chris seeing Mo as a person, I can agree, though I do recall a few tear-filled moments when Mo was real about not always wanting to have sex when Chris wanted to. She was tired, and Chris didn't always get it. A lot of men don't understand what goes into running a household, though, so it never bothered me. I certainly never got the impression that Mo not having sex or disagreeing with him would land her in a broke-down apartment in Alexandria living next door to Ashley (who better not ever forget where Michael found her because he'll remind her with a quickness).

I could see Chris maybe surprising me, if he and Mo ever divorced, though. He might try to get custody of those pretty babies to please his mama. She never liked that "heffa" anyway. 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HotHW said:

Seriously. And she ran her nasty mouth like this with Mo too. Candi better start to realize that taunting people to drag you, or whatever BS she screams could very well lead to someone actually dragging you! Bravo producers ain't gonna follow you around the rest of your life sweetie.

Maybe she's just dim and thinks this makes good tv. But IMO it does not. Candiace is trashy and brings the entire mood of this ridiculous show down (as if anyone ever thought that could be possible).

Watch last season, and the one before that etc. Candaice has been nothing if not consistent. I think what we are seeing on this show is the real her. The level of nastiness in that woman isnt something you create for your tv "personality". 

Agreed, now please note that Candiace tossed food at Mia first, now if Mia chosen to drag her ass all over that kitchen , would she have been wrong ? I know it was food , but she used to attack her.  The reason I am asking is because for a lot of people this is all it would have taken to snatch Candiace edges out !  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

But if Candiace is being told, don't put anyone's mother in your mouth then they need to stop putting Dorothy in their mouths.  If Candiace is being told, don't talk bad about nobody's husbands, then they need to stop talking bad about HER husband.

But Mia didn't say anything bad about Dorothy - in point of fact she was very complimentary of her. Same with Chris. Mia has never said anything negative about Chris - with the exception of pointing out that if he was managing that video shoot, he should have been provided with some critiques. Now Ashley? She has come after Dorothy (although I don't remember her saying anything about Chris ever). But my recollection about this season's commentary is:

• Karen - has said nothing about Dorothy in front of others (and her conversations in her talking heads have been generous at worst). Has commented about Chris only to try and explain to Candiace that the ladies had concerns about whether he was taking advantage of her in some way. Candiace did not take it personally.
  • Robyn- gossiped directly with Dorothy on camera about Chris' involvement and role (although she also said that she feels comfortable talking about her finances on camera) as well as in her talking heads. Candiace has not come for her
  • Gizelle - gossiped directly with Dorothy on camera and has said to the other women that she thinks Chris is taking advantage. She has also been very negative about Chris' role in her talking heads. Candiace has said nothing
  • Wendy - has said nothing about Dorothy other than saying in a talking head (and I think at the video shoot) that Dorothy shouldn't be talking about Candiace's business. Given her background and upbringing, I don't think Wendy would every say directly to Candiace that she needs to regulate her mother or her husband. Wendy has not said anything negative about Chris.
  • Askala - has said directly, that the ladies were wrong for both asking and entertaining commentary about Chris with Dorothy. She has never said anything negative about Dorothy, except in the context of this behavior. She hasn't said anything about Chris.

So I think that the problem is that Candiace is equally as inconsistent with who she has problems with and who she does not. She's never come for GEBs even though both of them have had a lot to say about Dorothy and Chris, and I think that's because she knows that she'll lose in the court of public opinion and with Andy. 

My issue with Candiace's way of doing battle, is that she runs down 3rd parties as a way to hurt the people she is fighting with. Mia's mom has never said a word to Candiace, but she feels like its okay to call that woman everything but a child of god to get back at Mia. G may have been drunk, but he's also never been anything but polite to Candiace, who proceeded to call him a pimp TO HIS FACE to hurt his wife. She's drawn on a long history of racial tropes to insult both Ashley and Michael, even though the irony of that coming from a woman in the same exact situation is lost upon her. And her failure to go after Gizelle or Robyn or even Karen in prior seasons, means she can control herself, she simply chooses not to. 

Any benefit of the doubt that Candiace had about her intentions when she pokes the bear went away when Candiace said to Mia: "Your problem is you want to start a fight, but you don't want to finish it." So I've got to wonder, how does Candiace think a fight ends?

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Mostly a bor-r-r-ring episode, but it did kinda explode in the last few minutes.

I have to guess that most of the Mia/Candiace catfight was the result of Bravo producers prodding them with big sticks 'cause, you know, who the fuck cares?  It's a completely let's-pretend fight, but if it were a real fight, my sympathies would be entirely with Mia who has lots of rough edges because she does not come from a privileged background the way Candiace does.  I really don't get Candiace's obsession with the size of Mia's feet.  Yes, Candiace, tall people generally have big feet; growth is proportional because us tall people need a larger base of support.  Why this should attract disdain is a mystery to me, honestly.

And Candiace's video shoot was "low-budget" not because it took place in a parking lot but because it did not have a production assistant telling people what they should be dooing as soon as they arrived on set.

My Ashley ❤️LUV❤️  was reaffirmed when she took care of her own suitcase.  It's a really obnoxious noveau riche thing for people not to carry their own luggage.

• Love 6

They may have been staying at the Victoriana Inn in St. Michaels. Haven't watched the full episode. Did production only show the back side of the inn? Refuse to give it fee advertising?

Edited by pasdetrois
2 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

But Mia didn't say anything bad about Dorothy - in point of fact she was very complimentary of her. Same with Chris. Mia has never said anything negative about Chris - with the exception of pointing out that if he was managing that video shoot, he should have been provided with some critiques. Now Ashley? She has come after Dorothy (although I don't remember her saying anything about Chris ever). But my recollection about this season's commentary is:

• Karen - has said nothing about Dorothy in front of others (and her conversations in her talking heads have been generous at worst). Has commented about Chris only to try and explain to Candiace that the ladies had concerns about whether he was taking advantage of her in some way. Candiace did not take it personally.
  • Robyn- gossiped directly with Dorothy on camera about Chris' involvement and role (although she also said that she feels comfortable talking about her finances on camera) as well as in her talking heads. Candiace has not come for her
  • Gizelle - gossiped directly with Dorothy on camera and has said to the other women that she thinks Chris is taking advantage. She has also been very negative about Chris' role in her talking heads. Candiace has said nothing
  • Wendy - has said nothing about Dorothy other than saying in a talking head (and I think at the video shoot) that Dorothy shouldn't be talking about Candiace's business. Given her background and upbringing, I don't think Wendy would every say directly to Candiace that she needs to regulate her mother or her husband. Wendy has not said anything negative about Chris.
  • Askala - has said directly, that the ladies were wrong for both asking and entertaining commentary about Chris with Dorothy. She has never said anything negative about Dorothy, except in the context of this behavior. She hasn't said anything about Chris.

So I think that the problem is that Candiace is equally as inconsistent with who she has problems with and who she does not. She's never come for GEBs even though both of them have had a lot to say about Dorothy and Chris, and I think that's because she knows that she'll lose in the court of public opinion and with Andy. 

My issue with Candiace's way of doing battle, is that she runs down 3rd parties as a way to hurt the people she is fighting with. Mia's mom has never said a word to Candiace, but she feels like its okay to call that woman everything but a child of god to get back at Mia. G may have been drunk, but he's also never been anything but polite to Candiace, who proceeded to call him a pimp TO HIS FACE to hurt his wife. She's drawn on a long history of racial tropes to insult both Ashley and Michael, even though the irony of that coming from a woman in the same exact situation is lost upon her. And her failure to go after Gizelle or Robyn or even Karen in prior seasons, means she can control herself, she simply chooses not to. 

Any benefit of the doubt that Candiace had about her intentions when she poke the bear went away when Candiace said to Mia: "Your problem is you want to start a fight, but you don't want to finish it." So I've got to wonder, how does Candiace think a fight ends?

As quiet as it's kept, Andy is really not that pleased with Candiace right now .

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

o show off their designer duds. I have no issue with anyone wearing designer clothes, but there was too much branding on that Balenciaga coat.

There is so much Balenciaga stuff on these shows I wonder if they send items to the women gratis for advertising 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, StillHere said:

She isn't young. At all.

She's in her mid-30's and if keeps up this level of cruelty and pettiness, I see another dragging in her future.

Mid 30s?  Yeah you think she would little bit more under control. 😕

and you’re probably right she’s likely going to mess with the wrong person again.

3 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

The issue is that Mia was talking about Candiace’s video shoot and calling it “low budget.”

Why do these women seem to financial-shame each other so often?  It’s so stupid.  

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, byrd said:

As quiet as it's kept, Andy is really not that pleased with Candiace right now.

Spill the tea, don't be teasing up in here!

37 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Candiace said to Mia: "Your problem is you want to start a fight, but you don't want to finish it."

Chile I forgot about this....Monique started AND finished, unfortunately that got her gone and Candiace spending damn near six months channeling her inner Mary Jane Paul with the 'I'm special, I'm good' post-its every which-a-way.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

They may have been staying at the Victoriana Inn in St. Michaels. Haven't watched the full episode. Did production only show the back side of the inn? Refuse to give it fee advertising?

I posted the link above-it seems to be called the Chesapeake Mansion (clever) near St. Michaels (Tilghman island). It is very pretty! I would probably let lettuce be thrown at me to stay there for a couple nights and ride a bike around the Eastern shore and not pay the $1500/night.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I will say this about Karen and her candles:

Karen discussed having La Dame candles back in Season 4.  What we don't know is when Karen decided to start production on the candles: was it before Wendy told her about her candle line or was it after?

It really doesn't matter if Karen decided to start production on her candle line after Wendy told her about her candle line because Karen already had the tools and team in place to start producing her candles immediately, with prototypes and packaging and she likely has distribution in place.

Wendy still has that one box with the candle.  No business plan.  No source of funding.  No source of distribution.  No marketing other than carrying that one box of candle onto the show.

So if Karen did decide to put her candles into production after Wendy told her about her business idea, I say good for Karen because Wendy is still in play play stage.

43 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

My issue with Candiace's way of doing battle, is that she runs down 3rd parties as a way to hurt the people she is fighting with. Mia's mom has never said a word to Candiace, but she feels like its okay to call that woman everything but a child of god to get back at Mia.

The only thing Candiace has said about Mia's mom is "ya mamma is low budget."  Where is all this extra stuff coming from?

And her failure to go after Gizelle or Robyn or even Karen in prior seasons, means she can control herself, she simply chooses not to. 

She's gone after Gizelle ($900K tear down cabin comment).  She's gone after Karen (reunion).  She hasn't gone after Robyn because Robyn hasn't really said anything nasty about or to Candiace and Robyn and Candiace are friends off camera.

Any benefit of the doubt that Candiace had about her intentions when she poke the bear went away when Candiace said to Mia: "Your problem is you want to start a fight, but you don't want to finish it." So I've got to wonder, how does Candiace think a fight ends?

When Candiace is talking about "fighting" she's talking about with her words.  What people hear is "let's physically fight."  Candiace needs to learn that while most people claim they want to see fighting with words, they really want PHYSICAL violence.  Unfortunately for Candiace, most of the viewers (and cast mates lowkey) want physical violence enacted upon her and they will not be satisfied until that happens.

40 minutes ago, Maximona said:

but if it were a real fight, my sympathies would be entirely with Mia who has lots of rough edges because she does not come from a privileged background the way Candiace does. 

And this is the REAL reason why people want to see Candiace get her ass beat, not her mouth or her actions, but her privilege, because she hasn't done/said anything worse than anyone else on the cast.

39 minutes ago, byrd said:

As quiet as it's kept, Andy is really not that pleased with Candiace right now .

Andy is not pleased with Candiace because she rightly calls out his BS and double standards.  He can't pretend to be shocked and dismayed by Candiace bodyshaming new mom Ashley but getting his giggle on when Porsha bodyshamed new mom Eva.  He can't keep bringing up the tweet war between her and Ashley (in which Ashley was a full participant) and demanding Candiace constantly apologize to Ashley.

But, if Andy is so displeased by her, he needs to fire Candiace and I will tell you why:

I don't think Candiace is necessarily any more toxic than anyone else on the cast. But Candiace* triggers a lot of toxic feelings from the viewers to the point where viewers are actively cheering on people who are clearly in the wrong.  Candiace does the same things the other cast members do, yet those cast members don't trigger the same toxic feelings that Candiace triggers.  I'm seeing people posting Candiace's address on message boards.  The blogger who died was harassing Chris's baby mommas and Candiace's relatives to get dirt on Candiace.  It's a toxic circus.

Get rid of Candiace to get rid of the toxic environment and the toxic application of double standards.  She can move on and concentrate on her entertainment career & schooling.  Her not being on the show should reduce people posting her address so people can go harass her, it should turn down the temperature on social media, her mother will no longer have a national TV outlet to bash her and cast members like Ashley & Mia will have to come up with a new storyline other than being victimized by Candiace.

The toxic application of double standards is not good for Candiace because it gives people a green light to come for and attack Candiace first, then hide behind those double standards to justify their attack.

Remove Candiace from the situation so we can see if those double standards stay in place or how much the dynamic changes.

16 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Mid 30s?  Yeah you think she would little bit more under control. 😕

Monique was 36 when she attacked Candiace and Mia was allegedly 36 when she threw a bowl of lettuce at Candiace so when will get they some self control? 🤔

*When Candiace goes, Wendy will be the new target from not just the cast but also viewers and we will see the same toxic double standards applied to Candiace being applied to Wendy.  And Wendy is even more easily triggered than Candiace.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

When Candiace is talking about "fighting" she's talking about with her words.  What people hear is "let's physically fight."  Candiace needs to learn that while most people claim they want to see fighting with words, they really want PHYSICAL violence.  Unfortunately for Candiace, most of the viewers (and cast mates lowkey) want physical violence enacted upon her and they will not be satisfied until that happens.

Folks keep saying this, but I don't see evidence of it. When Ashley said something about Dorothy paying for Candiace's house, Candaice said "Don't talk about my mother in my house" then threw a (butter) knife at her. When Mia was walking out of the room, Candiace threw something (nuts? food? lettuce?) at her first. She has on many occasions ramped up arguments by physically moving into or towards the person she's arguing with (both with Monique at Katie's and again at the barn, and in the argument with Mia where she started towards her AFTER she threw the food). She's not trying to fight with only words, she's trying to get a reaction out of the other person hoping to use that as a way to continue the fight. And again to what end? When would Candiace say "no mas" and back down? Her "fighting with words" seems to define winning as saying something so incredibly horrid, that the other person is cowed into submission. I don't understand how that's considered to be a proper/legitimate/socially acceptable outcome.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Rlb8031 said:

Folks keep saying this, but I don't see evidence of it. When Ashley said something about Dorothy paying for Candiace's house, Candaice said "Don't talk about my mother in my house" then threw a (butter) knife at her. When Mia was walking out of the room, Candiace threw something (nuts? food? lettuce?) at her first. She has on many occasions ramped up arguments by physically moving into or towards the person she's arguing with (both with Monique at Katie's and again at the barn, and in the argument with Mia where she started towards her AFTER she threw the food). She's not trying to fight with only words, she's trying to get a reaction out of the other person hoping to use that as a way to continue the fight. And again to what end? When would Candiace say "no mas" and back down? Her "fighting with words" seems to define winning as saying something so incredibly horrid, that the other person is cowed into submission. I don't understand how that's considered to be a proper/legitimate/socially acceptable outcome.

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Exactly , and THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I will say this about Karen and her candles:

Karen discussed having La Dame candles back in Season 4.  What we don't know is when Karen decided to start production on the candles: was it before Wendy told her about her candle line or was it after?

It really doesn't matter if Karen decided to start production on her candle line after Wendy told her about her candle line because Karen already had the tools and team in place to start producing her candles immediately, with prototypes and packaging and she likely has distribution in place.

Wendy still has that one box with the candle.  No business plan.  No source of funding.  No source of distribution.  No marketing other than carrying that one box of candle onto the show.

So if Karen did decide to put her candles into production after Wendy told her about her business idea, I say good for Karen because Wendy is still in play play stage.

The only thing Candiace has said about Mia's mom is "ya mamma is low budget."  Where is all this extra stuff coming from?

She's gone after Gizelle ($900K tear down cabin comment).  She's gone after Karen (reunion).  She hasn't gone after Robyn because Robyn hasn't really said anything nasty about or to Candiace and Robyn and Candiace are friends off camera.

And this is the REAL reason why people want to see Candiace get her ass beat, not her mouth or her actions, but her privilege, because she hasn't done/said anything worse than anyone else on the cast.

Andy is not pleased with Candiace because she rightly calls out his BS and double standards.  He can't pretend to be shocked and dismayed by Candiace bodyshaming new mom Ashley but getting his giggle on when Porsha bodyshamed new mom Eva.  He can't keep bringing up the tweet war between her and Ashley (in which Ashley was a full participant) and demanding Candiace constantly apologize to Ashley.

But, if Andy is so displeased by her, he needs to fire Candiace and I will tell you why:

I don't think Candiace is necessarily any more toxic than anyone else on the cast. But Candiace* triggers a lot of toxic feelings from the viewers to the point where viewers are actively cheering on people who are clearly in the wrong.  Candiace does the same things the other cast members do, yet those cast members don't trigger the same toxic feelings that Candiace triggers.  I'm seeing people posting Candiace's address on message boards.  The blogger who died was harassing Chris's baby mommas and Candiace's relatives to get dirt on Candiace.  It's a toxic circus.

Get rid of Candiace to get rid of the toxic environment and the toxic application of double standards.  She can move on and concentrate on her entertainment career & schooling.  Her not being on the show should reduce people posting her address so people can go harass her, it should turn down the temperature on social media, her mother will no longer have a national TV outlet to bash her and cast members like Ashley & Mia will have to come up with a new storyline other than being victimized by Candiace.

The toxic application of double standards is not good for Candiace because it gives people a green light to come for and attack Candiace first, then hide behind those double standards to justify their attack.

Remove Candiace from the situation so we can see if those double standards stay in place or how much the dynamic changes.

Monique was 36 when she attacked Candiace and Mia was allegedly 36 when she threw a bowl of lettuce at Candiace so when will get they some self control? 🤔

*When Candiace goes, Wendy will be the new target from not just the cast but also viewers and we will see the same toxic double standards applied to Candiace being applied to Wendy.  And Wendy is even more easily triggered than Candiace.

Andy's double standard bullshit may be true. but Candiace takes it to a whole different level than the other castmates, in my opinion . Then what burns me, then the kleenex comes out and she plays the victim.  I am no fan of Mia's but this time it was just low down and dirty .

33 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Spill the tea, don't be teasing up in here!

Chile I forgot about this....Monique started AND finished, unfortunately that got her gone and Candiace spending damn near six months channeling her inner Mary Jane Paul with the 'I'm special, I'm good' post-its every which-a-way.

Also did Candince not have her hand in Monique's face last season,  now she wants to talk about Mia's hand in the face ? Girl Bye !!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

So having said this, was it justified for Monique to beat up Candiace last year and would it have been justified for Mia to have put her hands on Candiace in last night's episode?

And if so, would it have been justified for Wendy to fight Mia on last week's episode?

2 minutes ago, byrd said:

Andy's double standard bullshit may be true. but

This is what I mean by the toxic double standards.  Yes, Candiace has a point BUT (she still needs her ass beat).

If we are all in agreement that Candiace (and only Candiace) needs her ass beat for the same things her cast members do then we the audience need to press Andy and BRAVO to fire Candiace after this season, not because of anything she's done or said but we the audience don't like her and don't want to see her on our TV screens again.

I just want people to be honest about this and stop creating justifications, double standards and pretzel twisting over why Candiace (and nobody else on the cast) needs to be dragged for the same things her cast members do and say.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

True enough.

But I instinctively root for the underdog, and Candiace does not feel like an underdog.

I don't dislike her, by the way.  She, Robyn and Karen have honest reasons for being on this show that go beyond exhibtionism/narcissism—Robyn and Karen are promoting product lines; Candiace is promoting a music career.  I get it.  And I think when she's out and out nasty, it's probaby because a Bravo producer is whispering, Gotta come up with a storyline.

• Love 1
Just now, drivethroo said:

So having said this, was it justified for Monique to beat up Candiace last year and would it have been justified for Mia to have put her hands on Candiace in last night's episode?

And if so, would it have been justified for Wendy to fight Mia on last week's episode?

This is what I mean by the toxic double standards.  Yes, Candiace has a point BUT (she still needs her ass beat).

If we are all in agreement that Candiace (and only Candiace) needs her ass beat for the same things her cast members do then we the audience need to press Andy and BRAVO to fire Candiace after this season, not because of anything she's done or said but we the audience don't like her and don't want to see her on our TV screens again.

I just want people to be honest about this and stop creating justifications, double standards and pretzel twisting over why Candiace (and nobody else on the cast) needs to be dragged for the same things her cast members do and say.

Yes, I drag them all, but I have never heard them insult Dorothy or anyone else's mother. I don't know for me, this feels really dark and it cuts really deep.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, byrd said:

Andy's double standard bullshit may be true. but Candiace takes it to a whole different level than the other castmates, in my opinion . Then what burns me, then the kleenex comes out and she plays the victim.  I am no fan of Mia's but this time it was just low down and dirty .

Also did Candince not have her hand in Monique's face last season,  now she wants to talk about Mia's hand in the face ? Girl Bye !!

To me that is textbook Ashley behavior.  

She routinely says something shitty and then has a reason why anything said to her is SO MUCH WORSE AND SO DIFFERENT.  

Candiace worked double, triple time to avoid a confrontation with monique last season and had twice walked away from monique very clearly trying to instigate something with her.  

At the dinner candace just apologized to monique instead of engaging with her and at the lakehouse she literally walked away from an enraged for no good reason monique. 

She refused to do moniques podcast to avoid confrontation (which immediately upset monique, because I guess candace was supposed to volunteer to be her punching bag).

This idea of some over the top provocation is ridiculous to me because candace walked away so often, was she never going to be allowed to say anything back to monique?

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Her "fighting with words" seems to define winning as saying something so incredibly horrid, that the other person is cowed into submission. I don't understand how that's considered to be a proper/legitimate/socially acceptable outcome.

If your goal is to take your opponent out then why wouldn't shutting them up be an acceptable outcome?

It seems the most acceptable outcome. 

Ashley picked on someone who was mentally weak and probably wasn't of sound mind to even make the decision to be on the show when she went after Katie.  

Ashley made jokes about Ray getting raped in prison.  

But candace is so mean! when she takes down someone of equal mind who comes at her..  

what did Ray ever do to Ashley to deserve a prison rape joke?  To have his penis described as dried up on national TV?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3

Regardless of the reason (who started it, who did what), they all behave like gutter trash some of the time. This is not what I want to see on these shows. Removing Candace from the show doesn't change anything; there will be another asshole to replace her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think that's because she knows that she'll lose in the court of public opinion and with Andy. 

It doesn't seem like she is winning now. Her video shoot was low budget and she's embarrassed. If you're going to have all you "friends" drive to the middle of nowhere. Maybe have a cooler of bottled water or show a little more gratitude. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, byrd said:

Yes, I drag them all, but I have never heard them insult Dorothy or anyone else's mother. I don't know for me, this feels really dark and it cuts really deep.  

That feels worse than Ashley joking about Ray getting raped in prison?  That didn't cut deep or go dark?

• Love 1

Candance at this point in the show doesn’t know about Mia’s mom. Had Mia said look my Mom is in recovery please be respectful of that and candance didn’t then I’m all for dragging Candance. But she hasn’t had that conversation with her. Hell Mia just told 5 degrees Wendy about it. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

None of this is about justification. There is a concept in tort law that you don't get to use the frailty of the victim as a defense against your actions. The application in this case is that Candiace can't claim that the women who come at her must respond a certain way or their reaction is their own fault. 

It's about what Candiace thinks the outcome of these dustups is going to be. Does Candiace think that throwing things and making physical approaches to people she is arguing with ISN'T going to ramp things up? You can't on one hand suggest how everyone SHOULD respond without also thinking about what Candiace thinks the outcome WOULD be. Clearly there is something very wrong in Candiace's thoughts about how a fight should go. What is the line that she won't cross or the point at which she'll say "that the thing that could trigger a response I'm not prepared for" or even what is the response she's not prepared for? If she's prepared to say anything or do anything to "win", isn't that a problem - not just on reality tv but also in real life? 

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Wendy’s outfit was horrible y’all. Why do people with the financial means to dress nice wear messes like that? She didn’t bother me this episode though. G? Yuck. And Mia was so unbothered. The whole phone call with the car dealer was so unnecessary and lame. 

G. Yuck, indeed.

And how he walked around the kitchen, making sure EVERYONE heard... I was with Chris, rolling my eyes.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That feels worse than Ashley joking about Ray getting raped in prison?  That didn't cut deep or go dark?

I never heard anything about Ray getting raped in prison ?????????, but now since I am aware of this , yes it 's just as bad. Family needs to be left out of any fights. Direct your insults at the person only.  

Edited by byrd
1 hour ago, byrd said:

It used to be a quiet dislike, but he's right out there with it now. I do enjoy though every time he tells her she is a disaster on twitter and she thanks him like it's a compliment. I want to see that same energy from him towards Mia at the reunion though, because she has been reckless on social media. 

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

In the discovery phase, as Karen once called it lol. 

In my opinion, this is Monique's fault, because the she and the viewers forgot that housewives is a war of words. Housewives is not the place for physical fighting. This is not the bad girls club. 

I don't think Candiace is necessarily any more toxic than anyone else on the cast. But Candiace* triggers a lot of toxic feelings from the viewers to the point where viewers are actively cheering on people who are clearly in the wrong.  Candiace does the same things the other cast members do, yet those cast members don't trigger the same toxic feelings that Candiace triggers.  I'm seeing people posting Candiace's address on message boards. 

She really hasn't said anything worse than the others, but she triggers people. My thought has always been that the women are upset that they can't win a battle of words with Candiace, and the viewers are upset that their favorites can't win a war of words with Candiace. I would encourage the new fans (like the ones who only started watching season 5) to go back to season 1 on and see how Ashley behaved before she was a new mother. Her behavior was inexcusable at times. Posting her address on message boards is also going way too far. People seriously need to chill. 

• Love 3

This episode and the next are reminders for anyone who was beginning to forget Candiace’s past behavior including myself. Agree with everyone that she throws grenades in response to stones. 

As sloppy as G was, the vibe was still positive until Candiace arrived. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, byrd said:

Well why not, since it's been established by the viewers and some of the cast that hands in the face are provoking and justifies a fight?

25 minutes ago, Maximona said:

But I instinctively root for the underdog, and Candiace does not feel like an underdog.

That's because the people who deliberately go out of their way to antagonize Candiace (Ashley, Monique, Mia) are skilled enough to act like victims when Candiace fires back.

18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Candiace worked double, triple time to avoid a confrontation with monique last season and had twice walked away from monique very clearly trying to instigate something with her.  

Last season proved it didn't and doesn't matter if Candiace tries to disengage, walk away, etc.  People want to see Candiace either physically beaten or tossed off the show because they don't like her.  Not because of anything she's done or said. 

17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

hat did Ray ever do to Ashley to deserve a prison rape joke?  To have his penis described as dried up on national TV?

Yet no one has said Ashley is so low and dark and needs to be bopped for her slick mouth.

17 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Regardless of the reason (who started it, who did what), they all behave like gutter trash some of the time. This is not what I want to see on these shows. Removing Candace from the show doesn't change anything; there will be another asshole to replace her.

That's why I feel Candiace now needs to be removed 1) to turn down the temperature on Candiace and 2) to see if things are really bad and dark because of Candiace?

Removing the spotlight from Candiace will put it back on other cast members who have been sliding under the radar with their toxicity.

16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Candance at this point in the show doesn’t know about Mia’s mom. Had Mia said look my Mom is in recovery please be respectful of that and candance didn’t then I’m all for dragging Candance. But she hasn’t had that conversation with her. Hell Mia just told 5 degrees Wendy about it. 

The cast keeps making Jay Z Yikes faces whenever Candiace talks about Mia's mom yet nobody wants to pull her to the side to tell her why she needs to stop talking about Mia's mom.  Granted, it's not their story to share.  If they tell her to stop without any further explaination she's going to want to know why she needs to stop talking about Mia's mom but everyone else can talk about her mom.  This is where the cast could've done one of those interventions or meetings they like to do so much.

23 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

The application in this case is that Candiace can't claim that the women who come at her must respond a certain way or their reaction of their own fault. 

And the women who come at Candiace should not be claiming that Candiace needs to respond to them a certain way, but that's what's going on.  We can talk shit about you, your mom, your husband, your living arrangements, your marriage, etc. but you BET NOT say nothing back to us.

13 minutes ago, byrd said:

I never heard anything about Ray getting raped in prison ?????????, but now since I am aware of this , yes it 's just as bad. Family needs to be left out of any fights. Direct your insults at the person only.  

Ashley also said Ray had a dried up old penis.  "Don't talk about people's families" apparently only applies to Candiace, it's only distressing when it comes from Candiace.

30 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

And how he walked around the kitchen, making sure EVERYONE heard... I was with Chris, rolling my eyes.  

"Where the white women at?" took me down.

14 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I want to see that same energy from him towards Mia at the reunion though, because she has been reckless on social media. 

You probably won't see that; You'll see Andy chastizing Candiace for calling Mia "Big Foot" or "Handsome" on her social media but I doubt you'll see Andy chastizing Mia for coming at Candiace on social media or for coming for Askale on social media.

17 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

In my opinion, this is Monique's fault, because the she and the viewers forgot that housewives is a war of words. Housewives is not the place for physical fighting. This is not the bad girls club. 

This is a tough one.  Ultimately I would put the blame on BRAVO, Monique AND the viewers:

BRAVO: for not immediately firing Monique/stop filming Monique after the barn fight.  The fight consumed the whole season and cast members have said they had other storylines going on that were not shown because it was all about the fight

Monique: BRAVO HAD to show the entire fight because Monique and her social media team had put out so many stories and narratives about the fight that Bravo really had no choice but to show the entire fight so the viewers could decide what really happened.

Viewers: Because the fight had been so hyped up by Monique & her social media squad, it brought in new viewers who wanted to see a FIGHT! They got their lives to seeing a Mean Girl get her ass beat and they want to see more of that.  Hence all of the "Monique needs to come back" and "This season so boring, it needs some spice." 

19 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

why does Candice think its an insult to bring up Mia's 15 FRANCHISES?  I don't know much about the company, but I think if you have 15 of anything - its can't be bad.

I would supposed for the same reason they all bring Dorothy paying for Candiace's house: you're bragging about this accomplishment but it's not really yours.  Mia doesn't own or run 15 franchises; her husband does.  At best she probably gets to pick out the lobby furniture.  Mia is probably in the same position Ashley was with the restaurant; the husband is letting the wife think she is running things but the wife has no power, control or decision making authority beyond the little things whatsoever.

14 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

This episode and the next are reminders for anyone who was beginning to forget Candiace’s past behavior including myself. Agree with everyone that she throws grenades in response to stones. 

That's what Gizelle told her last season when she went on her apology tour: they will pinch her (in their minds) and she will come back with a gun and blow everyone away.

How about this: if Candiace's mouth is so reckless, so trash, so slick...stop hanging out with her? Stop talking to her?  Go forth with the original icing out plan from last season.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

None of this is about justification. There is a concept in tort law that you don't get to use the frailty of the victim as a defense against your actions. The application in this case is that Candiace can't claim that the women who come at her must respond a certain way or their reaction is their own fault. 

But then, by the same concept, none of these women should claim that Candace has to walk on eggshells when she insults Mia about her mother just because of Mia's history and her mother's history.  

What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.  If Mia can talk about moms then Candace can talk about Moms too.  If Ashley can talk about Ray getting raped in prison, Karen can turn the joke around on her.  If Ashley wants to body shame Charisse for having t-rex arms, then she shouldn't claim some special exception because of her status as a "new mommy" when she is called wide bodied.  If Ashley wants to come at a mentally fragile Katie, she shouldn't expect to be treated with kid gloves because she has PP depression.  If Gizelle wants to talk about Wendy's marriage and relationship, she shouldn't claim some special outrage when Wendy talks about her relationship history.  

• Love 6