Type keyword(s) to search

S06:E13: GVO or GTFO!

• Start Topic

The ladies and their husbands head to Maryland’s Eastern Shore for a couples trip - but the Green Eyed bandits threaten to stay home due to their rocky relationship with the hostess, Wendy. The party goes from 0-100 - Gordon reveals his wild side, and Candiace and Mia go head to head in a shocking way.

Air Date: 10/03/2021

Hmm... watching someone get a relaxer... kind of weird for me since I've been going natural.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong (hair is such an individual choice and decision)... I'm just saying I haven't seen it in a while.

I hope it didn't burn.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Aren’t these women Marylanders?  Why are they acting like the Eastern Shore is a foreign country?

"Is that the ocean?"

Oy. I don't know exactly where they are on the Eastern Shore, but it takes a lot longer to get to the ocean from DC.

Edited by Andi27
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Andi27 said:

"Is that the ocean?"

Oy. I don't know exactly where they are on the Eastern Shore, but it takes a lot longer to get to the ocean from DC.

Yep.  If they’re near Easton, it may have taken an hour.

• Useful 1

Did Karen and Ashley get lost? Because they seemed to be on that road for damn near forever. And it took them practically the whole episode to get there. So after all that posturing, Gizelle and Robyn show up anyway? What, did producers tell them they better show up or else? Can't imagine why since Candiace and Mia were doing more than enough to bring the drama. 

I don't care for Mia overall and I certainly don't want to revisit THAT mess of last season but I just feel like this episode shows again why some feel about Candiace the way they do. There's just something about the way she argues and verbally fights that just feels different than the usual Housewives' fight. It just feels uglier and darker.

I don't know how to explain it. It's funny she talks about Mia needing therapy because I think she she does as well. I know there was the storyline of her seeing Gizelle's therapist over her issues with her mother and so hopefully she's still going. Because I do think she has deep-seated anger issues owing to her fucked up relationship with Mama Dorothy.

And I can't say I entirely blame her seeing as the little we've seen of Dorothy makes me very glad my mother is nothing like her. I just feel like while Candiace may not be the first to throw the fists, she'll throw verbal daggers. It's just very nasty with her. Like there's shade and snark but with Candiace, shit often quickly swings to this dark and nasty place. Also, she was the first to throw the food. I hope that's noted.

Yeah Mia picked up the handful of salad but Candiace, even as Mia was walking away, picked up what looked like an olive or something and threw it her way. It just escalates with her. Also, did she imply that Mia was only on because of Monique's supposedly choosing not to return. I know that's a hot topic of conversation in the show's fandom with many of the Monique haters insisting she was lying that she was offered a new season contract and chose not to return but I thought it was interesting that Candiace said Mia barely got in. 

eta: I can't believe how these men all saw this was going left and chose instead to just peace out. I guess in their defense they may have just thought it'd be nothing more than some petty drama that wouldn't escalate any further than some verbal jabs. And not instead to an angry food fight.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 22

Lol, G not wanting to go on the trip but going to support Mia. A 180 from Juan. This is the group that was present for the love party and I liked the dynamics of that group, so I knew I would love this trip. G quickly let go of his apprehension with those shots. He is nuts! Karen and Ashley were in that car traveling almost the entire episode. I kept forgetting about them until they went back to them, it was so funny to me. I like the conversation between the husbands saying that they were cool and if the wives argue they are still cool. They probably get it, it's their job to argue, don't take it too personally. 

I bet dollars to donuts production told Wendy the order for letting people pick rooms. I do love that the cottage crew gets to go first. Nevermind the cottage thing, but Askale is the newest and Karen is the eldest plus Ray, so it's nice that they are in a room where they will both be comfortable. 

Looks like Robyn and Gizelle do end up coming on the trip. I'm not surprised. I thought that Gizelle would get out of it because of her foot, but if there is nothing wrong with Robyn, she should have to go. It is a group trip so that whole cast should be present. Yes you can make rationalizations that oh Wendy was mean to Robyn so she shouldn't have to go if she doesn't want/Wendy shouldn't invite Robyn, blah blah this is a job and the housewives are expected to attend all casts events, especially cast trips.  If Ashley can go without Michael and leave her babies then Robyn can too. I'll never know that behind the scenes though.

Next week's episode looks good. People will probably run with the fact that Candiace appeared to throw a grape or something towards Mia before Mia tossed the salad. 

3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Did Karen and Ashley get lost? Because they seemed to be on that road for damn near forever. And it took them practically the whole episode to get there.

I remember Karen saying in the beginning that Ashley ran late, that's probably why they arrived after everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Also, did she imply that Mia was only on because of Monique's supposedly choosing not to return. I know that's a hot topic of conversation in the show's fandom with many of the Monique haters insisting she was lying that she was offered a new season contract and chose not to return but I thought it was interesting that Candiace said Mia barely got in. 

Yeah I caught that line. I thought maybe she was referring to her getting the champagne flute over Askale, but this makes sense too. 

• Love 8

G there's already a disgusting, vomit inducing old man on the show,  his name is Michael Darby.  He's more than enough. I really like Candiace and I see the growth in her since she's been in therapy. I know she has depression and anxiety,  but I think there's something else that makes her easily triggered. And she's usually triggered by the women who are married to creeps.

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12

I don’t like Mia or her husband with their “I’m too good to carry my own luggage” bull. Ugh! Mia is classist and seems to look down on everyone who she deems to not be in her level.  That heifer was a stripper who bagged a rich old dude and got to be a “boss” of some back-cracking chains. MIA, YOU ARE NOT A BOSS!!! 

• Love 23

Nothing Mia said at that video shoot warranted such a vile reaction in my opinion. Hilarious how they accuse Wendy of "protesting too much" but just let that little bite size snickers spew her nonsense. Her and Robyn reacted the same way they accused Wendy of reacting. So by their logic everything is true

1. Video was low budget

2. Chris is working for free

3. Robyn and Juan are not in a real relationship 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Nothing Mia said at that video shoot warranted such a vile reaction in my opinion. Hilarious how they accuse Wendy of "protesting too much" but just let's that little bite size snickers spew her nonsense. Her and Robyn reacted the same way they accused Wendy of reacting. So by their logic everything is true

1. Video was low budget

2. Chris is working for free

3. Robyn and Juan are not in a real relationship 

4. Robyn and Gizelle talked about her man on site

5. Dorothy brought the heat FIRST

• Love 10

Wendy’s outfit was horrible y’all. Why do people with the financial means to dress nice wear messes like that? She didn’t bother me this episode though. G? Yuck. And Mia was so unbothered. The whole phone call with the car dealer was so unnecessary and lame. 

• Love 14

I don't care for Mia overall and I certainly don't want to revisit THAT mess of last season but I just feel like this episode shows again why some feel about Candiace the way they do. There's just something about the way she argues and verbally fights that just feels different than the usual Housewives' fight. It just feels uglier and darker.

Right, and if Mia were to say, "I see now why you got your head slammed on a table," she would've been out of order. The tissue square would've made an appearance.

It's always two steps forward, two steps back with Candiace. She doesn't know when to quit. She makes these nasty asides about Mia being a stripper and having big feet. I mean, the big feet thing is so stupid. Mia is tall. Is she supposed to wear a size 4 shoe? Mia is a lot, so I get why she can be off-putting, but moving forward, she should just laugh in Candiace's face instead of engaging.

Whooo, boy. G was too too mucho. It's one thing to get lit, but to tell your wife to STFU? That shouldn't happen publicly or privately. Shame because I like Gordon, and I was on his side in the beginning of the episode when he was apprehensive about going on the trip, but clearly the alcohol helped.

17 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Wendy’s outfit was horrible y’all. Why do people with the financial means to dress nice wear messes like that

To show off their designer duds. I have no issue with anyone wearing designer clothes, but there was too much branding on that Balenciaga coat.

Askale looked nice in her Versace top. Versace prints can be too too mucho, but it worked for her.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 13

Candiace, just a tip for you:

You don't need to keep poking at Mia like you did Monique (to get her leave/fired from the show). She steals no screen time from you, all we hear is blah, blah, blah when she opens her low class mouth.

No one really cares for Mia or her husband G (especially after his nasty self this episode)

They will be gone next season.

Focus on your singing and acting career. You are actually quite good at both. May be time for you to move on as well.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

just feel like this episode shows again why some feel about Candiace the way they do. There's just something about the way she argues and verbally fights that just feels different than the usual Housewives' fight. It just feels uglier and darker.

Now I do see why ppl dislike candiace.   I don’t think I’ve seen this side of her mouth before.  I imagine at some point she will feel incredibly terrible about it.  She’s young...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Now I do see why ppl dislike candiace.   I don’t think I’ve seen this side of her mouth before.  I imagine at some point she will feel incredibly terrible about it.  She’s young...

She isn't young. At all.

She's in her mid-30's and if keeps up this level of cruelty and pettiness, I see another dragging in her future.

• Love 23

The women use their words as weapons, and this is what they are supposed to do on this show. 

Mike Tyson used his fists when he was in the ring.  Even if his opponent was weaker, I still wasn't mad about a TKO.  People shouldn't get in the ring with Candiace if they are going to be offended when she says something really mean or petty in response to something that say that is just kinda mean and petty.  

If Candiace is responding to someone who decided to step into the metaphorical ring with her, I'm probably not going to clutch pearls when she lays them out.  

• Love 8

Michael not liking Candice and Chris makes me like them more lol.

Gordon is gross. Mia sucks. Trying to brag so much with the car. Yuck. Ppl bragging like that is try hard and gross.

Askale and Dre seem like ppl I would rather watch then Mia and G.

Ashley bringing a big pic of her fam gross. Ashley and Michael are trash.

Wendy sucking up to Mia is pathetic.

I don’t care but Candice is still my fave this season. 

• Love 12

Candiace is looking for a size 14 shoe to kick her ass again. She’s all bark and absolutely no bite; she needs to understand that there are boundaries that one shouldn’t cross, including family. 

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

One thing about Michael Darby is that he does the majority of his sleazy behavior off camera and we hear about it later, but, G is doing his baffoonery right in front of the camera.

I think they were in the Stevensville area or possibly Easton.  Either way, fairly close to the Bay Bridge and at least 90 minutes from the ocean.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Candiace is looking for a size 14 shoe to kick her ass again. She’s all bark and absolutely no bite; she needs to understand that there are boundaries that one shouldn’t

ross, Including famoiky. 

Well Mia crossed those boundaries first tho when she started talking to Candice’s mom at her video shoot.

Anyways Mia is bringing her mom on the show and the mom is agreeing so they are putting it all out there.

• Love 7

That mouth. She even repeatedly called the man a pimp to his face. Maybe he is one, but she's wading into a confrontation regardless of the consequences. 

Although several people have told Candiace to steer away from the mama slashing, she keeps going full force.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Candiace is looking for a size 14 shoe to kick her ass again. She’s all bark and absolutely no bite; she needs to understand that there are boundaries that one shouldn’t

ross, Including famoiky. 

If a housewife cannot fight with words, she should apply for a remake of bad girls club.  

Candiace's family has been discussed plenty on the show.  

These women aren't supposed to be bite, they are supposed to be all bark.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

That mouth. She even repeatedly called the man a pimp to his face. Maybe he is one, but she's wading into a confrontation regardless of the consequences. 

Although several people have told Candiace to steer away from the mama slashing, she keeps going full force.

Mia brought her own mother on this show knowing her criminal history and has made it a part of her storyline.  Had she not done that, I might agree, but Mia shouldn't exploit her mother for a sympathetic storyline and then get mad when she is the topic of discussion.  

When Marlo was shitty to Kenya over her mother, I thought that was an awful thing to say, but you gotta chalk it up to the game.  Particularly if the housewife in question has made a conscious decision to put their mother and estranged relationship on national TV.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Aren’t these women Marylanders?  Why are they acting like the Eastern Shore is a foreign country?

Because it is.  For me being a native Virginian, the Eastern Shore of Virginia (on the same peninsula as the Eastern Shore of Maryland) might as well be another state or a foreign country...it's just ...over there...

4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

What the fuck is with everyone having an issue carrying their own bags? It’s just so fucking stupid. 

Ashley, Karen and Wendy probably shouldn't be carrying their own bags due to health reasons.  Everyone else needs to pick up their bags.

3 hours ago, Jeopardy15 said:

Mia is classist and seems to look down on everyone who she deems to not be in her level.  That heifer was a stripper who bagged a rich old dude and got to be a “boss” of some back-cracking chains. MIA, YOU ARE NOT A BOSS!!! 

Mia & G are new money posers.  People who ain't never had anything get excited when they finally get a coin.

Let's get into Candiace, her mouth and Mia:

When you lob a shot at someone, you can't cry when you get shot back.  Not everyone is Michelle Obama; when you go low, they go lower.

Candiace is a very mean person.

Everyone cries, "Oh Candiace and her mouth! Her mouth is reckless! She's so vile! She's so cruel! She goes below the belt!"

Yes she does.  Cast, viewers & Andy Cohen doesn't like it.  That's why most people know Monique was wrong for attacking Candiace, and lets be clear, there was nothing Candiace did in that barn last year to justify Monique's attack on her.  If Candiace had done/said something, BRAVO would've shown it.  BRAVO would've LOVED to have kept Monique on and gotten rid of Candiace, but they wouldn't have been able to justify firing the victim of an attack like that and keeping the attacker.  They barely have any credibility after keeping Ashley & Michael on.  But let's be clear, people cheered Monique on because we do not like mean people and we like it when mean people get taken down.

For example, the movie "Mean Girls:"  Regina George was actually the victim in that story but because she had been mean to the other girls in the school and because we don't like the girls who seemingly have everything, we root for the underdog to take them down, even if that underdog is the actual villain and just as mean as the mean girl we want taken down.

Mia is the actual villain in this situation not because of her gossiping with Dorothy* but because when she was called out about getting in Candiace's business with her mom, instead of saying "I'm sorry, I should not have done that," she says "Your video is low budget."

Candiace is very mean but one thing she does not do is just attack you for no reason. 99% of the people she's gotten into scuffles with, they have come for her first.  If you attack her, you then can't dictate how she comes back at you. 

Why people defend Candiace is standards are applied to her and only her.  ONLY Candiace needs to watch her mouth.  ONLY Candiace has a reckless mouth.  ONLY Candiace is vile and appalling for body shaming.  ONLY Candiace needs her ass beat for running her mouth.  Nobody ever advocates beating Ashley or Gizelle's ass and they are actually the top 2 meanest people on the cast and always have been. The difference between Ashley/Gizelle and Candiace is Gizelle and Ashley's meanness is more sneaky and shady while Candiace's meanness is in your face.

Candiace went overboard with the yo momma jokes, calling G a pimp and Mia a stripper.  But, just like everyone's been saying for the past few weeks that Robyn & Gizelle poked at Wendy and she fired her entire gun into them, you can't come back and say 'Well Candiace needs to ___________" or "Candiace shouldnt _________________."

I think if Mia had not kept calling Candiace's video "low budget" and blared on about how SHE is a CEO and expects things to be done a certain way blah blah blah they probably could've come to some resolution because Candiace was speaking calmly to Mia before Mia piped up again with "low budget."

Ashley is just itching to jump into the situation and pour all the blame on Candiace even though she wasn't in the parking lot in the first place to see how the story started so whatever bullets Candiace pumps into Ashley is what she deserves.

Lastly, Mia can NOT blame Candiace for her mom relapsing.  That would be Mia for bringing that lady on national tv to tell everyone she's a low budget drug addict with multiple baby daddies and a 20 year prison sentence.  Candiace didn't make her do that.  Not even Ashley has discussed her mom's obvious crack tendencies.

11 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Candiace should not have called G a pimp but G was acting like a nasty pimp in front of people he does not know and next week will be leering and licking lips at Karen & Ashley. Candiace doesn't owe that man any respect when he's acting like Pervy Perv out in public. Not even Michael Darby was doing all of that.

But again, with the standards for Candiace but no one else.  So Candiace can't talk shit about Mia's husband, but Mia (and the rest of the cast) can talk shit about Candiace's husband?

11 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

But why would Candiace not talk about other people's mothers when the whole cast has felt free to talk about HER mother? 

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, Marley said:

Well Mia crossed those boundaries first tho when she started talking to Candice’s mom at her video shoot.

Anyways Mia is bringing her mom on the show and the mom is agreeing so they are putting it all out there.

This.  

This is Mia's very first season on the show and  so she probably could have just survived on the mystery surrounding her origin story and the multiple fights and conflicts she insists on starting.  

SHE made the decision to exploit her mother for a storyline.  So, I don't see how she now feels that she has some grounds to demand that her mother not be discussed.  I feel like most people had a similar conversation about Eddie's cheating rumors, and it was like "well, if she is on the show, it doesn't matter how much it bothers Wendy, they all have a right to bring it up"  And in Wendy's case she never brought up the rumors, but Mia has put her mothers business on front street.  

I think Kenya was on the show for like 6 or 7 seasons before we saw her try to confront her mother.  Guess Mia was desperate, but thats on her and her alone.  

• Love 13

I am confused by the preview, is Mia really crying and pretending like Candiace would be the reason why her mother relapsed when no one would know hide nor hair of that woman if Mia hadn’t dragged her ass on TV and given her multiple dressing downs about how bad of a mother she was all while crying and pulling the “Mommy I just want us to move forward” BS? Mia needs to check herself and realize that on a TV show like this one, people can and will take shots at whatever you have given them to take shots at, right or wrong. Especially when you’re coming at things that they hold important. Mia shouldn’t be on this show and her husband is a disgusting old man who might end up worse than Demon Darby. The phone conversation about the fully loaded G Wagon was super tacky. Yuck.

I felt Wendy was the Zen Wen she keeps talking about today and came with the voice of reason and without her attitude, maybe it is Robyn and Gizelle that are putting her hackles up and she doesn’t have a problem without them there. She even gave Ashley a nice welcome so I have to assume she just gets on the defense around the GEB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I wouldn’t talk about Mia’s mother and her struggles in Candiace’s shoes because that’s just really not nice. However, if Mia’s mom relapses because of Candiace calling her low budget, then there’s a bigger problem at hand, I’d imagine. 

And Mia’s husband is like those nasty old men in the club with a few dollars and thinks someone wants them. They are wrong. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

I wouldn’t talk about Mia’s mother and her struggles in Candiace’s shoes because that’s just really not nice. However, if Mia’s mom relapses because of Candiace calling her low budget, then there’s a bigger problem at hand, I’d imagine. 

And Mia’s husband is like those nasty old men in the club with a few dollars and thinks someone wants them. They are wrong. 

LOL.  This reminds me of this hot club in hollywood we used to go to back in the day (the bouncer was obsessed with my friend, so we always got in).  There was always this elderly guy in a suit, like Ray's age.  I guess he had money but I always kinda felt sorry for him, I barely wanted to be there in my 20s, I couldn't imagine how much of a hassle it was to get going at 70.  Anyways, apparently he was loaded, but still, kinda sad.  Who wants to be around a bunch of hip/obnoxious/wanna be/aspiring actors,dancers,singers,producers desperate for attention in your 70s?

• Love 6

These people are too old to be making rookie drinking mistakes. 3 or 4 shots with no food in broad daylight!? That's a recipe for a fight. G was on 2am level crass behavior and it was still late afternoon/early evening. And this was the first impression he was making on some people in the group. A. Mess!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 23

There’s Candiace again trying to get someone to attack her. Then she’ll go running like a brat bitch to mommy and to press charges. Let’s not forget Camdyaas, it was YOUR MAMA that was trash talking your lazy husband first and to anyone who would listen.

Gordon acted like a jerk but Candiass is the biggest jerk in the room. I’m glad Mia isn’t letting the dumb talentless pissant goad her into doing something dumb like stomping her with her so called size 14 feet. Candiass is a gross human being. No wonder she is so miserable.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Jeopardy15 said:

I don’t like Mia or her husband with their “I’m too good to carry my own luggage” bull. Ugh! Mia is classist and seems to look down on everyone who she deems to not be in her level.  That heifer was a stripper who bagged a rich old dude and got to be a “boss” of some back-cracking chains. MIA, YOU ARE NOT A BOSS!!! 

Ramona from RHONY is the same way. Came up dirt poor in the boonies somewhere, yet complains when she's not treated like absolute royalty just because she has money now. New money really is the worst. You can always spot them.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, nb360 said:

Hmm... watching someone get a relaxer... kind of weird for me since I've been going natural.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong (hair is such an individual choice and decision)... I'm just saying I haven't seen it in a while.

I hope it didn't burn.

I didn't think it was a relaxer, I thought he was doing color. But now actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure what he was doing, He was putting something from a bottle into her roots, and she definitely had some sort of product on the roots only. So maybe a relaxer? I was more intrigued that she has this fabulous new house and was still doing her hair in her kitchen...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I forgot to add that it's rather rich of Candiace to talk about how Mia needs therapy because she's always going on about how much money she has and Askale even cosigned with the classist comment that I assume was intended for Mia. But it's Ms. Candiace who lived to tell everyone in her earlier seasons how she was raised in a "country club" existence.

And she never hesitated to call people hood and hoodrat and ghetto and again how she Candiace, grew up moneyed and privileged. Hell, Gizelle even mentioend it when they were playing tennis and Candiace sucked so badly. That she thought "Ms. Country Club" would be better at tennis. So rather rich for her to declare Mia needs therapy because she constantly talks about her supposed wealth. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Yes, Mia was wrong to go there initially but Dorothy is also an instigator and stirs things up for no reason. Since Candiace needs her inheritance, she can’t check her mom. Mia’s mom was brought on the show but there is no reason for Candiace to attack family when they were talking about the video shoot being low budget.  She purposely goes low bc she can’t have a mature argument. 

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Yes, Mia was wrong to go there initially but Dorothy is also an instigator and stirs things up for no reason. Since Candiace needs her inheritance, she can’t check her mom. Mia’s mom was brought on the show but there is no reason for Candiace to attack family when they were talking about the video shoot being low budget.  She purposely goes low bc she can’t have a mature argument. 

I think Mia felt comfortable speaking to her  about Chris , most especially since her mother was putting all of her business out anyway . 

• Love 8