Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: New Year, Old Grudges

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, lawrbk said:

I think PK was amusing himself. Maybe seeing if he could get some laughs from her crazy stories. He was in the WWHL audience since Dorit was on and Andy flat out asked him a question about whether he was sorry for laughing and saying it was unbelievable. And it was like ‘no, because it was’. He didn’t even hesitate. So I think he didn’t have anything better to do with Dorit off and about than to try and entertain himself. I just wish we could’ve seen him asking her questions and her spinning more stories. 

PK seemed sedated on WWHL.

• Love 5

Is Rinna even relevant?  God she gives me a headache with that horrible cackle.  And she looks like a cartoon character!

Speaking of cartoon characters, is Erica moving in a robotic way and wearing absurd outfits and bad makeup on bad skin to deflect attention from the real issue?

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Although I didn't watch earlier seasons, I understand Rinna was held in high regard for her hijinx.

But now she has the whiff of has-been all over her. Her hijinx are past-sale-date and she's morphed into desperate and nasty.

She thinks she’s being edgy and funny, when in fact she’s gross and annoying, one of those people who laugh the loudest at their own jokes and think the world loves them. Other than meanness, I can’t think of one thing she’s brought to the table lately. 

Replace her with Lois. Lois is a trip.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, I used to like Rinna quite a bit and remembered her from her role in Melrose Place.  Her actions on RHoBH show the kind of morally reprehensible person she really is and my opinion of her has plummeted.  She'll do anything to stay relevant and sink to new lows to maintain this gig.  She probably tells herself that she is playing the role of a villain, but at what cost?  She loves to take down popular co-stars without a thought to the consequences that may bring to their lives.

LOL!  But, Erika explained herself on this episode- she's not lying, she's "trolling the trolls."  Now when her ridiculous stories are disproven, she will be able to say it was all to troll the judgmental viewing public.  

I absolutely LOVED it at the lunch when Erika had to stop and think for a second about her “truth.” Her stories are getting to be too much even for her. I thought the “trolling the trolls” crack was about posting the gross Insta pics and the obscene captions.

Yep — Rinna will do anything to hold on to that diamond. Methinks it’s time for a housecleaning. If Andy can toss Tamra Judge and Vicki Gunvalson, he can do the same to a few BH howives.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 22
On 10/7/2021 at 7:58 AM, Lassus said:

I would have done this if I thought it might help my brother's alcoholism not kill him, so she gets a pass on this as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Faye Resnick, that's second order.  

AGAIN, I don't know these people.  But stirring shit on a TV show that requires shit to be stirred or it's called boring - even by this board - just does not prove to me Kyle is MORE than a TV villain.  And she IS that villain.  But I admit I don't think she's in Rinna's class of personally awful by a long shot.  Maybe it's just a preference for a type of evil, I suppose.

I agree with you. I think a Kyle does the job she was hired to do. A producer pulls her aside and says, “we need a final Sutton/Erika confrontation. We can’t leave it in limbo.” So Kyle (clumsily) stokes that fire. I appreciate Kyle on the show. I am not a “fan”  but I appreciate that she does the job she needs to do. She doesn’t seem evil or inherently shady to me like Erika or Rinna, respectively.

I am also fine with Dorit. She didn’t come hard for Erika but she seemEd to try more that other women to me. PK has turned a corner for me and amuses me. 

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Especially in light of Erika’s threats. I think Sutton is a person who doesn’t like conflict. But for her own well-being she needs to run — not walk — away from Erika. 

I cringed watching her make yet one more overture to Erika at the table. 

With all Sutton’s money, why would she want to be friends with these idiots, especially Erika?  Does she like to be abused?  That thing with Crystal was intended to make her feel bad.  To me, looks like Crystal is a mean girl.  Imo.  They all are mean in one way or another, except Kathy and Sutton and Garcelle.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

With all Sutton’s money, why would she want to be friends with these idiots, especially Erika?  Does she like to be abused?  That thing with Crystal was intended to make her feel bad.  To me, looks like Crystal is a mean girl.  Imo.  They all are mean in one way or another, except Kathy and Sutton and Garcelle.

I think there are some people who just need to be liked/accepted by those who don’t want to be friends. I was kind of like that when I was younger, but it’s exhausting, frustrating, and hurtful, until you realize that you just won’t connect with everyone. Truthfully, I hope that’s the case with Sutton rather than her having second thoughts about questioning Erika’s “truths.” She has been a true voice in the wilderness with this story. Erika’s gaslighted too many people already.

Crystal was kind of a cool kids’ mascot this year. She really didn’t find her lane. I didn’t care at all for how she treated Sutton concerning the coat incident — was it a “violation,” or not? While she’s not my fave, I’ll give her one more season.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I absolutely LOVED it at the lunch when Erika had to stop and think for a second about her “truth.” Her stories are getting to be too much even for her. I thought the “trolling the trolls” crack was about posting the gross Insta pics and the obscene captions.

Yep — Rinna will do anything to hold on to that diamond. Methinks it’s time for a housecleaning. If Andy can toss Tamra Judge and Vicki Gunvalson, he can do the same to a few BH howives.

Yes, that was about her instagram posts, but I'm extrapolating that she may use the same excuse when her crazy stories are debunked.  "Oh, I had to give the audience something fun...they'll buy anything!"

• LOL 3

To me, looks like Crystal is a mean girl.  Imo.

I don't think she is one. While I am glad she and Sutton are now friends, Sutton was the one who contributed to the majority of their drama. And them getting off to a bad start was all Sutton.

• Love 10
On 10/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Opine said:

Is Rinna even relevant?  God she gives me a headache with that horrible cackle.  And she looks like a cartoon character!

Speaking of cartoon characters, is Erica moving in a robotic way and wearing absurd outfits and bad makeup on bad skin to deflect attention from the real issue?

I wonder if Erika is on medication, maybe anti-anxiety or some kind of downer? She’s always spoken in a flat kind of monotone but she seems to be sleep-walking through a lot of the show now (except when she goes off on Sutton). And there’s this really angry, nasty energy emanating from her. I don’t even like watching her in scenes or THs at all. Her comments on her Instagram page are disgusting. 

I don’t enjoy Rinna. I wish she was off the show. Same with Kyle and Erika. It’s frustrating watching her spin tales and everyone just laps it up. 

I like Garcelle and Sutton. Dorit is ok. PK is endearing himself to me this season. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 13
On 9/18/2021 at 10:16 AM, chlban said:

I remember the episode where they all had dinner together and I remember thinking Bethanny had figured out that the whole Erika Jayne persona was laughable, although she was reasonably polite (for Bethenny) about it. Since I have always felt it both laughable and pathetic, I was pleased to see someone was not buying the BS. Of course, when I thought it was laughable, I had no idea there were actually victims involved. Nothing funny about it now, but it remains pathetic.

I thought the rumor is her new wallet in Jon Peters?

On 9/30/2021 at 9:51 PM, amarante said:

This still captures exactly how awful Erika's makeup.

If you can see exactly where the contour and the highlight was applied through a murky still, can you imagine what it looks like in real life.

And are those lips a thing? 

Not even the eye shadow is applied well.

And of course there is no fixing the sour expression on her "puss face" - pat the puss indeed.

Sutton might not be aiming for the same level of faux glamour but she actually looks like a normal female and not someone trying out for a drag contest.

RHOBH-Recap-Erika-Jayne-and-Sutton-Stracke...thumb.jpg.8c3c41dec08c1a54790b94b5d61d697e.jpg

Harsh

On 10/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Is Rick Hilton in the Witness Protection Program or something? Why does Kathy always bring these randoms?

She said it's no fun to bring a date whos hangdog face and watch checking is a buzz kill (Rick)

On 10/7/2021 at 3:22 AM, amarante said:

Inquiring minds want to know why Chinese New Year was celebrated in a Japanese restaurant. The building is a replica of a restaurant in Japan where Lill Bill was filmed. 

Here is the menu 

https://shansocialhouse.com/food.html

It looked Japanese.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, byrd said:

I declare Cathy's taste is so dam country .. she always looks like a old frumpy lady when she calls herself dressed up..

She is an old lady and I think is way more appropriately dressed than the others

On 10/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, byrd said:

I am so over Kathy's country taste.. that dress was horrible, most of her fahsions are very ugly and country !!!!!!!!!!!  I like Kathy, but just because you have money does not mean you have taste.  However I love the home she's working on.

I like the floral dresses and her soft interior decorating

• Love 5

So now we know why Kathy joined the show: to sell this house. (And to receive a big Bravo paycheck)

ETA: and possibly to test the water for a Kathy + Kyle  + Kim spinoff.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Fun to see the finished product.  Many of the comments are hysterical!

I am disappointed, only one laundry room...I have come to expect the owners laundry with an additional regular laundry located elsewhere in the house for you know, the commoners.

It is a gorgeous house but because of the distance between the washer and dryer and the fact that it is the only laundry room in the house, like the Shark Tank people say, "I'm out."

4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

PK is endearing himself to me this season. 

None of us would have imagined using the word, "endearing," when it came to Pique but damn it, he became endearing this season!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 10/8/2021 at 6:24 AM, kristen111 said:

Hahaha .. you can’t make this shit up.  Funny! 😂👍

Uh well you can evidently lol. 

(Meaning Erika can, not any of us, I have yardwork-brain)

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

None of us would have imagined using the word, "endearing," when it came to Pique but damn it, he became endearing this season!

PK definitely deserves the diamond more than Dorit, and he came up with some of the same thoughts I had when I first saw Erika's IG posts.  However, his performance at the finale dinner, sitting next to Erika and then later only the two of them, was disappointing.  I thought for sure he would say SOMETHING of interest or drop a zinger.  Do you think he's trying to sign Erika Jayne to his management group?  She could do a duet with Boy George.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I am coming in late and hot with this one but WTH Mauricio! Waltzing into the dinner and banging on the drums and gong? It was some sort of dumb cultural appropriation AND the instruments of a professional musician to boot. Those are NOT yours to touch and bang on like a dumb loser at a frat party. Have some respect. He is dumb and such an entitled privileged asshole, as bad as Kyle and that's saying a LOT. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I am coming in late and hot with this one but WTH Mauricio! Waltzing into the dinner and banging on the drums and going? It was some sort of dumb cultural appropriation AND the instruments of a professional musician to boot. Those are NOT yours to touch and bang on like a dumb loser at a frat party. Have some respect. He is dumb and such an entitled privileged asshole, as bad as Kyle and that's saying a LOT. 

I agree.  

I was mortified.

He's a pompous, entitled  ass.  

• Love 10
On 10/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, kristen111 said:

What favor has Erika done for Lisa Rinna?  Lisa doesn’t say Boo about her.  Just sits there with a blank face.

I think Erika has evidence of SOMETHING that Rinna has done. Rinna wants to keep whatever it is under wraps, so she's ALWAYS gonna be in Erika's corner.  It's a theory.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

I think Erika has evidence of SOMETHING that Rinna has done. Rinna wants to keep whatever it is under wraps, so she's ALWAYS gonna be in Erika's corner.  It's a theory.

I always wondered what Denise had on Rinna. The TH where Denise said she’d spill what she knew has always intrigued me; same with Rinna’s about-face with Brandi. The way Rinna’s and Denise’s friendship imploded has always struck me as odd/suspicious.

We’ll never know, probably…Rinna has a talent for things not touching her.

Your theory is sound, though. I’d be much more afraid of Erika than Denise.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 5
On 10/9/2021 at 5:15 AM, Hiyo said:

I don't think she is one. While I am glad she and Sutton are now friends, Sutton was the one who contributed to the majority of their drama. And them getting off to a bad start was all Sutton.

But then, didn’t Crystal downplay the hotel room thing with the others, but stiil made a case about it with Sutton? While Sutton showed poor judgment, maybe, she had no ill intent. I can see fault on both sides, largely due to misunderstanding and unfamiliarity, and poor chemistry.

• Love 10
On 10/9/2021 at 5:08 AM, OdinO. said:

She is an old lady and I think is way more appropriately dressed than the others

Sixty two is an old lady? Yikes! I don't have a problem with how Kathy dresses (looks like for comfort, which is fine with me) but 62 is hardly an old lady. Just thinking of other howives that would then also be labelled old, including Eileen Davidson who is also 62 and fabulous. 

Did anyone else think that Erika took the money out of the card before she gave it to the dancing dragon? Also, what is Mikey now a creative director of? Erika's lies? It was so funny watching her telling the story once again of Tom's car accident, and trying remember which version she told last. At least Kyle did say that Erika's son coming to help her find him was a new detail. But I am really tired Kyle stirring up shit at these dinners, and then sitting back and saying nothing. I wish someone would call her on it. 

I thought Rinna looked the best at the dinner - loved her outfit and the wig. Also loved Crystal's dress. Garcelle always seems to wear clothing that makes her look bigger than she is. 

What was up with Crystal asking her hubby who made his slippers? Seriously? And the purses at lunch getting their own chairs was hilarious. But of course the howives don't want the purses hidden on chairs, they want them to be the centre pieces. I've yet to see one I would pay more than a couple of hundred for (and that is stretching it) and Crystal's Fisher Price purse I wouldn't carry around if you paid me. I would sell it though for something more useful. 

• Love 8
On 10/9/2021 at 10:14 AM, Thumper said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Fun to see the finished product.  Many of the comments are hysterical!

The home is just lovely, looks better than her own home. 

• Love 2

People are still bringing up what happened last season and the season before that, so I don't see what the issue is about discussing stuff that happened earlier this season.

• Love 1

The Crystal/Sutton stuff just pales in comparison to Erika's lies and claims that she is the victim.  It is so petty next to Erika's seeming zero fucks about the real victims.  And so boring.  They beat it to death over multiple episodes and  I still don't care!

Edited by izabella
  • Love 15
On 10/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am disappointed, only one laundry room...I have come to expect the owners laundry with an additional regular laundry located elsewhere in the house for you know, the commoners.

It is a gorgeous house but because of the distance between the washer and dryer and the fact that it is the only laundry room in the house, like the Shark Tank people say, "I'm out."

I assume that you are being sarcastic but houses of this size are generally built on the assumption that they will be fully staffed 24/7. The laundry room is central because the help will collect the laundry and then it will be put back when clean and the beds will be made as often as once a day and the bathrooms will be fully stocked with towels.

Kitchens - at least the main kitchens are built to accommodate caterers so that they are often not particularly easy to use as if one is cooking a meal for one's family having a kitchen with enormous distances between the work triangle isn't particularly desirable.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, amarante said:

I assume that you are being sarcastic but houses of this size are generally built on the assumption that they will be fully staffed 24/7. The laundry room is central because the help will collect the laundry and then it will be put back when clean and the beds will be made as often as once a day and the bathrooms will be fully stocked with towels.

Kitchens - at least the main kitchens are built to accommodate caterers so that they are often not particularly easy to use as if one is cooking a meal for one's family having a kitchen with enormous distances between the work triangle isn't particularly desirable.

I can't even imagine the carbon footprint of monster houses like these. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
On 10/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, RealHousewife said:

im-coming-for-you-real-housewives-of-bev

Why didn’t any of the woman ask Erika to further explain the accident 3 years ago?  I think they are all afraid of her.  From the bits and pieces we’ve heard so far it seems she saying that Tom was unconscious somewhere in or outside of the car for 12 hours before he called her.  Once he did she went out looking for him with her son.  So during this 12 hours no one coming or going in this area noticed a car had gone off the cliff?  I’d love to know the timeline of this whole scenario.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

My theory about why Erika’s story about the car is so inconsistent: at the beginning of the season, Erika was following her lawyers’ advice and portraying Tom as a controlling abuser. Innocent spouse is a defense the IRS will accept in tax cases, and anytime there is theft and embezzlement like in this matter, there will be tax issues. However, sometime during filming Tom’s lawyers got to her and asked her to help set up Tom’s defense, probably with a financial incentive - that he is an injured, dementia-riddled old man who did not know what he was doing. So then the story changed to Tom was in this car accident and suffered a brain injury and now has problems, isn’t in his right mind, et cetera. She was hoping no one would question the inconsistencies. the Coven surely wouldn’t, but then Sutton had to start asking questions and now Erika is in a bind because neither of her stories are believable and will not fulfill their intended purposes. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why didn’t any of the woman ask Erika to further explain the accident 3 years ago?  I think they are all afraid of her.  From the bits and pieces we’ve heard so far it seems she saying that Tom way unconscious somewhere in or outside of the car for 12 hours before he called her.  Once he did she went out looking for him with her son.  So during this 12 hours no one coming or going in this area noticed a car had gone off the cliff?  I’d love to know the timeline of this whole scenario.  

Probably because the story she told Kyle was believable, and most likely true. Back then she was pretty certain that she and Tom would continue on with their scam, scot free.

She’s a bully. Straight up. 

• Love 8
On 10/8/2021 at 12:13 AM, ivygirl said:

You missed a golden opportunity to tell us a story about the exploding cataracts she had, which developed after a six— no, ten— no, twelve-time rollover accident she had while galloping back up the canyon behind your house ;)

(I’m being silly. I’m sorry about your horse and hope she heals soon!)

Dang!  You're right I missed that golden opportunity!  Thanks for the kind thoughts and she is doing much better.  

• Love 2