Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E08: The Threat

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I’m still mystified as to how Bananas built that reputation in the first place, as I found him more attention-seeking than I did entertaining.

Bananas is a cocky sonofabitch but he can back it up with a long history of wins, many of which he earned through strength, determination, and endurance.   I don't think he's a bad guy at heart although he has a quick-trigger mouth that has often cast him in a poor light (in an episode of Free Agents I watched the other night he said to Jordan "You'll be missing more than a hand if you go up against me").  His early appearances were also marked by many unfortunate misogynistic moments.   Like CT, I think Bananas has grown a lot.   I also think he shows good sportsmanship when he loses.   I thought I couldn't like him anymore after the conclusion of Rivals III, but there's something about him that I find appealing despite his flaws.

For a long time I despised Devin, which came to a peak several seasons back when he brought his inability to deal with his father's death into the Challenge.   He took a season or two off after that and seemed to return as a more mellow fellow.   More self-deprecating humor, less desperate to be the new Bananas.   He seems almost benign now.  

11 minutes ago, millennium said:

For a long time I despised Devin, which came to a peak several seasons back when he brought his inability to deal with his father's death into the Challenge.

This was season 32. I’ve never looked up or read anything about that season but I’ve always speculated Devin and Johnny were supposed to be partners that season stemming from their “rivalry” on Vendettas. In the first Challenge, Johnny didn’t have a partner and Devin originally flew out with the rest of the cast coming into South Africa (I think that’s where that season was) and had to turn back because of the news about his father.

3 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

This was season 32. I’ve never looked up or read anything about that season but I’ve always speculated Devin and Johnny were supposed to be partners that season stemming from their “rivalry” on Vendettas. In the first Challenge, Johnny didn’t have a partner and Devin originally flew out with the rest of the cast coming into South Africa (I think that’s where that season was) and had to turn back because of the news about his father.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same season.   I was referring to the one where an OTT Devin tried to subject Bananas to sleep deprivation, resulting in Bananas finally lashing out and asking Devin what his father would think of his behavior (or something to that effect), which sent Devin into a tailspin of rage.

Edited by millennium
5 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm not sure we're talking about the same season.   I was referring to the one where an OTT Devin tried to subject Bananas to sleep deprivation, resulting in Bananas finally lashing out and asking Devin what his father would think of his behavior (or something to that effect), which sent Devin into a tailspin of rage.

Yes, that was season 32, Final Reckoning. When Devin came late into the game partnered with Cory.

• Love 1