Type keyword(s) to search

The Castle Fashion Thread: The Good, The Bad, The (Very) Ugly!

WendyCR72

(edited)

They were rehearsing the scene that someone took footage of and threw on YouTube (Verdana linked it either in the Media or Spoilers thread).

Edited by Nadine

I hope it's Castle's clothes for the day and not just Nathan on a break....

Oh, who am I kidding, Luke will take care of this tee.

Sooooooo good. They both look great. I wish Luke could go off sick for a few days and leave things to some capable assistant who realised the value of having Castle look this. But seriously why, why, why don't they let Castle wear something like this at home? It's perfect for his character too. Argh! 

I hope it's Castle's clothes for the day and not just Nathan on a break....

Oh, who am I kidding, Luke will take care of this tee.

Can Castle burn his jackets along with his PJs worn by his mother's lover?

Fantasy director scenario, "Hey Nathan, you actually look way better in your own tshirt than in wardrobe, so why don't you ditch that for the day?" ;)  I think Stana being a fashionista can offer her objective opinion about which looks better, and there's really no contest (unfortunately)!

They both look so good here.  Stana looks great as usual and Beckett like, but Nathan looks way better here than he does dressed as Castle.  It's a crime that Castle isn't dressed like this.   

• Love 1

In the second sneak peek of the Seamus Deaver episode, was that at Betsey Johnson purse? The leopard lining makes me think so, but the outside is very simple and 'under-the-top' for a Betsey. I have two of her purses and they do tend to be a little wacky.

Stana posted the first BTS photo that she promised, the "lucky shirt":

https://instagram.com/p/0lpUKHR4Y_/

For some reason I never imagined that shirt to be a button up. She always described it in a way I assumed it was more a tunic style shirt. This changes everything.

I'm kidding, mostly. Well, about this changing everything, not about me never thinking it was a button up.

• Love 1

For some reason I never imagined that shirt to be a button up. She always described it in a way I assumed it was more a tunic style shirt. This changes everything.

I'm kidding, mostly. Well, about this changing everything, not about me never thinking it was a button up.

Not just you. I seem to remember her describing it as a tunic-style shirt in an interview when she first started talking about this story. Oh well. I'm amused at some of the comments from folks who imagined it a different color. Exactly how long did some folks spend thinking about this famous shirt? LOL. 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that had a different vision in my mind of this shirt. In this 2010 Kimmell interview she describes it as a "long tunic top". I'm still confused how such a shirt can be also a button up.

But also for the record, in my head this shirt was more of an orangey red, not black. I don't know why.

Edited by McManda

A tunic is just a longer shirt, it can be either a button down or not.  I have a couple tunic-style button up shirts (that were labeled like that in the store).  I always pictured the shirt as white though.  Not that I spent that much time thinking about it.  I more wondered what was so awful about how the shirt looked long?  Or how she didn't realize that before she left her house....Beckett would never make such a mistake.  

• Love 1

Someone on Tumblr put it side-by-side with a black top that Stana's character wore in The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice and guessed that might be the same shirt. I can see the similarity. 

Nice to see the famous shirt at last.  Now if only they could reenact Nathan cutting it off of her. :P  It really is a lovely piece of backstory.

I imagined it to be white too.  Maybe because Beckett wore a white shirt in the pilot (?) and I think of white shirts as the go to for job interviews and such, auditions for detective roles included.  White is more striking to me, but maybe black is more the actor go to.  But I did imagine it to be a button down because that's what I think of when I think shirts.  Tunic button downs have been in a lot of shops and overlong shirts are a bother for someone like me who is on the petite side and I don't have a Nathan to help cut off my shirt. :P  I do wonder if it wouldn't have been easier for Stana to just have tucked it in her pants, even if it was a bit billowing?  Getting someone to cut off your shirt while you're wearing is more extreme!  I wonder if she knew who Nathan was when she asked him to do it.  She may have known if it was her final screen test and he'd already read with her before.

I also thought the shirt was white for some reason, haha. But sweet that we finally got to see it.

And woah, I almost didn't recognize Stana in that BTS pic Seamus posted - did she go a hair shade lighter or is it the lighting making her look so blonde?

I also thought the shirt was white for some reason, haha. But sweet that we finally got to see it.

And woah, I almost didn't recognize Stana in that BTS pic Seamus posted - did she go a hair shade lighter or is it the lighting making her look so blonde?

It looks lighter, straighter AND shorter to me. Guess Stana changed up her hair a bit while on vacation. 

It looks lighter, straighter AND shorter to me. Guess Stana changed up her hair a bit while on vacation. 

Yep it's lighter (going by other pics circling the past day as well).

As soon as I saw that pic of Luke with the Green Hat I thought of the Mad Hatter. Guessing he was channeling him.

Edited by Nadine

That red leather jacket was really lustworthy.  While re-admiring it on rewatch, I noticed how Beckett was as tall as Castle in the opening crime scene and figured she must be wearing her super high boots again.  Then while they were in the woods, there was the noticeable natural height difference which signified Beckett without heels.  So just how many pairs of boots does Beckett have in her work locker and how does she know when to wear heels and when to go without (like when you have to chase down criminals and dig up graves heh)? :P

Not that I think she should have been in a flowing dress or anything, but I wasn't a fan of the chunky sweater Beckett was wearing as she whirled around gracefully in the loft. 

That red leather jacket was really lustworthy.  While re-admiring it on rewatch, I noticed how Beckett was as tall as Castle in the opening crime scene and figured she must be wearing her super high boots again.  Then while they were in the woods, there was the noticeable natural height difference which signified Beckett without heels.  So just how many pairs of boots does Beckett have in her work locker and how does she know when to wear heels and when to go without (like when you have to chase down criminals and dig up graves heh)? :P

Not that I think she should have been in a flowing dress or anything, but I wasn't a fan of the chunky sweater Beckett was wearing as she whirled around gracefully in the loft. 

I was wondering who puts on a thick sweater when they are about to exercise? 

Beckett clearly has amazing instincts for when to wear which shoes.  Remember how in Still and had to stand on a bomb all day she just happened to be wearing sensible flat shoes for like, the only time ever?  But I actually have colleagues who wear one pair of shoes while going into the office and then change  to heels in the office.  It seems like a pain to me.

(edited)

Beckett clearly has amazing instincts for when to wear which shoes.  Remember how in Still and had to stand on a bomb all day she just happened to be wearing sensible flat shoes for like, the only time ever?  But I actually have colleagues who wear one pair of shoes while going into the office and then change  to heels in the office.  It seems like a pain to me.

I must admit I did contemplate doing that and taking my high heeled ankle boots to work each day because I saw others doing it but then thought nah what a pain in the arse but I see other women doing that, I do love my heels...sigh. Funny about Still that was the one time I really noticed the fact she had thick soled sensible shoes on like I imagine real cops might choose, I should have realised that something was going to happen but then I guess having her standing there in high heels for hours filming would be uncomfortable to not to mention drawing attention to them. 

Yeah I noticed the sweater and wondered if Luke's obsession with dressing Nathan in bulky jackets and coats was starting to spread into Stana's wardrobe too. Nooooo!  

I noticed how Beckett was as tall as Castle in the opening crime scene and figured she must be wearing her super high boots again.

Yeah she was wearing those high boots again which I have to admit I'd rather she didn't because they can be distracting (plus lets keep that adorable height difference heh) I can't help but fixate on them but she looks fabulous in those jackets, I loved the orange one she wore in the zombie episode and there was a green one she had on in that awful Swan Song. I'd love her boot collection too. *sigh* 

Although what I don't get is why Beckett by now hasn't done something about Castle's wardrobe because I sure would have started taking matters in hand and having a huge clear out of all those bulky jackets and coats, Beckett could then make room for more of her own clothing and also get Castle something decent to wear. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Although what I don't get is why Beckett by now hasn't done something about Castle's wardrobe because I sure would have started taking matters in hand and having a huge clear out of all those bulky jackets and coats, Beckett could then make room for more of her own clothing and also get Castle something decent to wear.

Lol we wouldn't be having this conversation if Luke wasn't such a fail with Castle's wardrobe. Especially when he done annoying things like the PI wardrobe of seeing the same gray shirt/black jacket 3 eps in a row. It feels like Castle's entire wardrobe is like the 40 piece minimalist thing. Plus it's drabby this season cause it seems like all we seen are black, grays and shades of blue.

Anyways, Beckett was wearing heeled ankle boots in Still but she was wearing thick soles like a 1/2" platform and large heel circumference compared to the usual stiletto heeled boots she wears most eps. The most sensible shoes she's worn were the ones while get we're wandering in the woods this ep, chasing the suspects in a few eps and climbing on Castle in the haunted house ep.

Edited by turnitwayup

I like Beckett's chunky cable knit sweater. That's totally the kind of thing I'd wear if I was lounging around the house in the winter.

I'd wear in lounging around the house, but not when I was practicing dance routines.  But maybe the loft is really cold (as suggested by Caskett's overuse of robes).

But I actually have colleagues who wear one pair of shoes while going into the office and then change  to heels in the office.  It seems like a pain to me.

One of my colleagues, before I retired, kept shoes under her desk. One day we counted. She had 19 pairs there.

(edited)

Bam, said the lady ‏@a_contrario7  45m45 minutes ago

#tbt to the times when #Castle was dressed as millionaire

https://twitter.com/a_contrario7/status/586175381167853569

Glad some fans still remember the days when the guy knew how to dress as befitted his status.   That was back when I enjoyed seeing Alexis. *sigh* 

One of my colleagues, before I retired, kept shoes under her desk. One day we counted. She had 19 pairs there.

Nineteen. I don't have that many shoes in total let alone to keep under my desk at my work. 

The cleaners must have got fed up having to clean around them every night. Heh. 

Edited by verdana

And she told us she had twice as many at home.

Cleaners? You must work in private industry. I was in the Canadian public service.

We got recycling pickup once a week and vaccuuming twice a month. In a building with such a bad environment that it got called Terrors of the Shoddy Air (Terrasses de la Chaudiere, officially) because of the bad HVAC system.

This is quite random, but I saw a photo of Roger Federer wearing this jacket and thought, oh my gosh, he's wearing Castle's jacket (old man jacket by Luke)! And even Federer can't make it look good. ;) 

Edited by madmaverick

Oh Roger. *sigh* 

"old man jacket by Luke" Heh. He really needs to have that trademarked or something, all the top designers have their perfumes and different clothing lines marketed with their branding etc and Luke could have his "old man jacket range" exclusively by Luke!  At least he knows he's got two guaranteed customers...

Had a good laugh watching the season finale of "Forever".    They had a 20 something victim who was engaged, and the ring they used was Kate Beckett's ring! 

Large oval center stone,  4 round stones bracketing the center stone.   Diamond encrusted band.  Yep.   Beckett's.     Whoo boy, they really want us Castle fans like this show...they're using all of the props! 

Still,  I like "Forever" and hope it gets renewed.   

(edited)
Still,  I like "Forever" and hope it gets renewed.

Yeah me too I've only watched clips but the fans that do watch seem enthused after a shaky start and I think it deserves the same chance Castle got when it was on the bubble the first season although seems sadly that it will get the chop.

Top: Figene Crepe Shirt by Maje as worn by Kate in 7.21

Sorry but I hated it, thought it was shapeless and old fashioned and made her look washed out. I would not be paying $290 for that. 

Jacket: Leather Detail Field Jacket by Burberry seen in 7.22

Like this jacket though, they rarely go wrong there. Was $1,150 but it's now out of stock

Edited by verdana

Season finale episode, Hollander's Woods, Becket is wearing a neutral knit pullover sweater in the precinct that I thought did absolutely nothing for her.  I'm not a fan of tan/oatmeal/nude neutrals on most people ... I think wearing color almost always flatters your complexion more, and of course, the key is finding the colors that flatter you the most.

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of tan/oatmeal/nude neutrals on most people ... I think wearing color almost always flatters your complexion more, and of course, the key is finding the colors that flatter you the most.

Especially in the gloom of the precinct <g>... However, keeping Beckett so muted in the professional arena (including that peculiar "performance review") worked rather nicely to contrast to what she wore in the Castle celebration scene.

(edited)

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  May 11

Thank you tweetlings for an other great season!  And it looks like we'll be seeing you in September!  This month I'll be trekking the EU.

Damn, poor Richard Castle another season of uninspired dressing beckons. 

Season finale episode, Hollander's Woods, Becket is wearing a neutral knit pullover sweater in the precinct that I thought did absolutely nothing for her.

Good job you don't like it then, it's a Burberry and retailed (now unavailable) at $604. although it looks browner in that shot but seems the same style, didn't do much for me either. 

Ribbed Cashmere V-neck Sweater by Burberry

I rather liked the robe she was wearing when she was reassuring Castle at the end.

Cherry Blossom Silk Robe by Meng  but I am not paying £989 for the privilege of swanning around in it. 

Guipure Lace Cocktail Dress by Monique Lhuillier and it's a snip at $3,195 here or you could get the rather cheaper Lord & Taylor or H&M versions!

I do like Katic in bold colours she looks great in reds, not that keen on all that lace but she looked good. 

Edited by verdana

In what world does an Herve Leger dress get marked down from $1,340 to $149.60? Wow. And I thought (from what we could see), it was a very, classy black dress. I'd buy it if I had any occasion to wear it.