Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: Caution: Feelings Approaching

• Start Topic

On 9/30/2021 at 1:51 PM, Cancun said:

When Jose read his flash card that said, “I promise to always check on my wife, morning, noon and night, to be sure that…” my brain filled in “to be sure that she is still locked in the closet where I put her.”  I know he was trying to communicate ultimate care for her safety, but it gave me a controlling vibe. He still doesn’t understand that it isn’t just her safety he should care about. It is that he CAUSED her to be unsafe.

I actually don't think he was trying to communicate that.  I think he was trying to re-frame the whole issue as being a safety concern, to shift focus from the fact that it was a manifestation of deep anger and rage, which I think he feels day and night and is just below the surface, and he struggles mightily all the time to keep it there.   And there is no need whatsoever for him to randomly check on his wife's safety morning, noon and night; first of all, to promise to do that, when it's just insanely impractical, would piss me off as a cheapening of the value of his words and of his promises.  Second, she has already had concerns that he is too controlling, and this just takes it to whole other level.  And finally, it makes it sound like there is some nebulous danger that she needs to be protected from, when, like in the horror movies, the danger is coming from inside the house!

On 9/30/2021 at 9:31 AM, Empress1 said:

I wouldn’t have forgiven Jose, and that apology wasn’t anything. He wouldn’t even admit that he locked Rachel out on purpose and as she pointed out, his first instinct was to get mad at her for being mad at him. Huge red flag.

As I was thinking about this, I came to the conclusion that I don't think he is actually lying when he says he didn't lock her out on purpose, meaning, he did not go to bolt the top lock so that he could lock her out.   I think he bolted the top lock, which is something he does every night, and he knew damn well that it would lock her out, but locking her out on purpose is not why he bolted it in the first place.  It's a very passive-aggressive spin that I think he put on it, rather than an outright lie, and in a way, that actually makes it more insidious because it enables him to deceive himself about the extent of his anger and rage.  

On 9/30/2021 at 11:26 AM, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Jose’s apology was crap and his use of flash cards to demonstrate contrition was laughable but hey not only will Rachel take it, she will declare herself back in love. You in danger, girl! 

The whole concept of the flash cards was really OTT.  It's task-oriented, which is how he functions, and it's almost like he thinks that the writing it down part is the most important.  It's such a facile gesture that is all show..."Look how serious I am about this.  I have seriously written these words.  That's because of my serious seriousness." 

On 9/30/2021 at 9:31 AM, Empress1 said:

Poor Brett. (Her roots are killing me.) If Ryan is saying he feels even less for her now than he did at the altar, there’s no hope. It means he’s getting to know her & doesn’t like what he’s finding out. She’s going to get hurt. She seems like a sweet person so it’s sad to watch because you know she’s going to end up in tears.

I disagree, with a more hopeful spin.  I think he genuinely likes the Brett he has come to know and feels something for her that is friendship-y in nature.  The problem, as he said, was that when he saw her at the altar, he had hope that he would develop the spark.  But now that he has gotten to know her better and still doesn't feel the spark, it makes it worse.

• Love 7
On 9/29/2021 at 11:43 PM, kristen111 said:

Let’s see.  Rachel takes forever to get a sentence out.  Every word has to be precise .. slow perfect talker, annoying.  Gil knows everything about women, he thinks.  Bao is scary as hell.  She whines a lot.  Michaela is nuts, period.  Moody and hot tempered,@and he’s not comfortable and is waiting it out.  I wouldn’t trust Jose with a ten foot pole.  That temper turned me off.  Ryan should tell her the truth .. he’s just not into her.  We didn’t need to see Baxter having to be put down.  Bummer.  I can’t decide if Myrla and Gil are for real.  He’s doing all the work mentally.  She just smiles and thinks that’s enough.  Not crazy about this season.

Kim, Johnny’s friend should have put slippers on while eating barefoot on the couch.  Unappealing.

Bao with the cuddling.  He doesn’t have it for you.  Enough.

Her feet were filthy and Johnny just acted like it was ok.  I thought he was the Shower King?  He wasn't grossed out by that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, Jax7917 said:

Some of the couples probably don’t admit that they consummated the marriage on television because they are hoping for an annulment .

The Texas Family Code provides the grounds for annulment, and it's not a case of declaring (whether true or not) "we didn't have sex so we can get an annulment":

Sec. 6.106. IMPOTENCY. The court may grant an annulment of a marriage to a party to the marriage if:

(1) either party, for physical or mental reasons, was permanently impotent at the time of the marriage;

(2) the petitioner did not know of the impotency at the time of the marriage; and

(3) the petitioner has not voluntarily cohabited with the other party since learning of the impotency.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier