Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
StatisticalOutlier

All Episodes Discussion

Recommended Posts

I'm gonna try making an "all episodes" thread because there's so little action here.  Pulling these comments from other threads:

Quote

I was surprised by Stephan actually being a voice of calm.  I’m sure he’s embarrassed by his “old ass” mom throwing punches. 

I'm wondering why we're surprised, and if it might be because he's getting somewhat of a bad edit.  He's not saint, or even a charmer, but he was heads and shoulders above both Kayla and his mother.  And considering how his mother acts, I wonder where he got any ability not to be an idiot hothead.

Quote

I need to start fast-forwarding through Brianna's segments again. Her inappropriate rage and screaming at her mother in front of her toddler are maddening.

What I found maddening was how when she was at her alleged friend's house and Braeson repeated the word "pissy" or something, her friend was appalled and Briana said mommy said a bad word, don't repeat it, etc.  But when she's fighting with her mom, in front of Braeson, it's a barrage of fuck this and fuck that, with no oops, mommy said a bad word.

I hate all these people.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Wish there was more traffic here. It's such a shi*****. Brianna acts 12. Her mom isn't much better. Kayla is ok at times, but such a pot-stirrer others. Rachel and whole family are the poster children of trailer trash. Can't remember what Ashley and Kiaya are up to. Lather Rinse Repeat. Do like the new Madisen. She seems like she really wants to better her life.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Transsexuals don't have enough problems without being shoehorned into this shitshow?

This is the THIRD transexual relationship that MTV has tried to bring into Y&P. The prior two have blown up spectacularly and now we have a third.  It's like they put out a call for young stupid transexual kids who have a baby to apply for this franchise.

And speaking of -- seriously?  So a girl and her transexual partner (both teens I take it) decide to have a baby while during the transition period and go to a sperm bank! to get pregnant, have a baby, then break up and coparent, all while ridiculously young (and stupid). And now they bemoan the fact that they neither of them have fathers in their lives (one through death, the other through rejection) but still they intentionally bring a little girl into the world who will be in the same freaking position they are in in all likelihood. For sure she doesn't have both parents in a two parent household which seems to be the holy grail for the kids in this franchise. No let's grow up, let's get married, let's get a life together and then have a baby that will be in a loving stable home. Nope. It's let's have a baby and then see where that takes us. 

Rachel is still a shrieking lunatic who thinks she's grown.  When Mallory is the voice of grown up reason you know you are a freaking idiot.  I'm beginning to think Rachel has brain damage from the drugs her mom used to take. Good grief. And I think at this point her mom should just tell her to go and live her life the way she wants somewhere else if she's so grown and good luck. I would not be supporting a legal adult who talks to me the way Rachel talks to her mom. Her mom has tried to make up for her mistakes, too late obviously, but there's a point where you have to stand up and say you aren't going to be a stooge and take that kind of verbal abuse any more. Rachel needs to see what living on her own is really about because she has no effing clue.

Ditto for Brianna's mom. Brianna is still irrationally and angry and biting the hand that literally feeds her.

Kayla thinks Luke and his family will be there for her forever so she doesn't need anyone else really. She's such a short sighted idiot. I like Luke's mom: "If you take me to the circus I'm gonna be a clown."

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Brianna's therapist talked over her half of the snippet of session we saw. And she kept completing Brianna's thoughts as Brianna was trying to say them. I think that therapist needs to go back to school. MTV therapy really lets me down. I wonder where they find these folks.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

This is the THIRD transexual relationship that MTV has tried to bring into Y&P. The prior two have blown up spectacularly and now we have a third.  It's like they put out a call for young stupid transexual kids who have a baby to apply for this franchise.

And speaking of -- seriously?  So a girl and her transexual partner (both teens I take it) decide to have a baby while during the transition period and go to a sperm bank! to get pregnant, have a baby, then break up and coparent, all while ridiculously young (and stupid). And now they bemoan the fact that they neither of them have fathers in their lives (one through death, the other through rejection) but still they intentionally bring a little girl into the world who will be in the same freaking position they are in in all likelihood. For sure she doesn't have both parents in a two parent household which seems to be the holy grail for the kids in this franchise. No let's grow up, let's get married, let's get a life together and then have a baby that will be in a loving stable home. Nope. It's let's have a baby and then see where that takes us. 

Rachel is still a shrieking lunatic who thinks she's grown.  When Mallory is the voice of grown up reason you know you are a freaking idiot.  I'm beginning to think Rachel has brain damage from the drugs her mom used to take. Good grief. And I think at this point her mom should just tell her to go and live her life the way she wants somewhere else if she's so grown and good luck. I would not be supporting a legal adult who talks to me the way Rachel talks to her mom. Her mom has tried to make up for her mistakes, too late obviously, but there's a point where you have to stand up and say you aren't going to be a stooge and take that kind of verbal abuse any more. Rachel needs to see what living on her own is really about because she has no effing clue.

Ditto for Brianna's mom. Brianna is still irrationally and angry and biting the hand that literally feeds her.

Kayla thinks Luke and his family will be there for her forever so she doesn't need anyone else really. She's such a short sighted idiot. I like Luke's mom: "If you take me to the circus I'm gonna be a clown."

How old exactly was this girl when she went to the sperm bank? How are they paying for that and transition, etc.? Why do I watch this show?

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, politichick said:

How old exactly was this girl when she went to the sperm bank? How are they paying for that and transition, etc.? Why do I watch this show?

That was what I was wondering. How did these kids get the money for insemination? Is "we went to the sperm bank" a cover story? There are "free sperm" sites that match women to men. They aren't regulated and sound rather skeevy to me. (About free donation sites). I wonder if she is covering up involving herself in something like that. Which I could see two misguided teens doing.

Edited by TooMuchRealityTV
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Rachel is still a shrieking lunatic who thinks she's grown.  When Mallory is the voice of grown up reason you know you are a freaking idiot.  I'm beginning to think Rachel has brain damage from the drugs her mom used to take. Good grief. And I think at this point her mom should just tell her to go and live her life the way she wants somewhere else if she's so grown and good luck.

Not gonna happen.  Even in the scene we saw, where Rachel got in a fight with Malorie and stomped off with Coty (that name!) leaving Hazlee behind, her mother came and picked up Hazlee.  I don't see that doormat turning into a tough love master.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

So a girl and her transexual partner (both teens I take it) decide to have a baby while during the transition period and go to a sperm bank! to get pregnant, have a baby, then break up and coparent, all while ridiculously young (and stupid). And now they bemoan the fact that they neither of them have fathers in their lives (one through death, the other through rejection)

I think you're conflating the two black couples on the show. Kiaya and Teazha lost their fathers through death and rejection, respectively. Teazha is gay and dresses pretty masculine, but as far as we know, she identifies as female and hasn't transitioned. Kiaya got pregnant the old-fashioned way with a guy who's now in prison, during a breakup with Teazha. It's the new girl, Kayla J, and her ex Makel who had their baby thanks to a sperm bank during his transition. We don't know anything yet about either of their fathers.

They're all young and stupid, I grant you that.

It does seem like MTV could support a whole series about trans young people coming out to their parents, managing relationships, etc. I'd probably watch it, but that's not why I watch this show. We spent so much time with Makel's story that we have no idea why Kayla J thought it was a good idea to have a baby on purpose while she was a teen, or how she affords that nice living situation in Maryland with the updated kitchen, etc. I don't want to join a young mom's story when her kid's already 2!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, IvySpice said:

I think you're conflating the two black couples on the show. Kiaya and Teazha lost their fathers through death and rejection, respectively. Teazha is gay and dresses pretty masculine, but as far as we know, she identifies as female and hasn't transitioned. Kiaya got pregnant the old-fashioned way with a guy who's now in prison, during a breakup with Teazha. It's the new girl, Kayla J, and her ex Makel who had their baby thanks to a sperm bank during his transition. We don't know anything yet about either of their fathers.

No. Not Kayla and Teaza. Didn't Brianna hook up with another transexual young man after her abusive ex? When she was in Portland and the guy came to live with and alive off her for a while?

Anyway, there was in all that lengthy talk between Kayla J and Makel conversation about their families and mention of their fathers. Makel's father I believe rejected him and his mom is a single parent. I thought Kayla J said her father died at some point but I could be wrong.  My point though is that MTV seems determined to get a trans story in this part of the franchise in any way they can.

And Kayla J sat there, talking to Makel who had just mentioned that he wanted to find someone in the future to have a life with and without barely missing a beat told him that she wanted to have another kid with him right away so 'their' kids would be close in age. There's something seriously wrong with that girl's head.  It's not even having kids who are biologically related because Makel can't give her that. She wants a second kid who is not biologically related to Makel whom she is not in a committed relationship with and declare him the father. I mean if they were an actual committed couple I have no problem with it (except for the part where they are too young and stupid to be doing this) but they've only been in a romantic relationship for two of the five years they have been friends and haven't been in a romantic relationship for some time now and Makel doesn't seem genuinely interested in one. But Kayla J sits there and somehow misses all the points and wants to have baby number two and play house with him.

Also, Makel has a pretty good beard going on there. So how can his mom pretend that he is not transitioning, that it is a complete surprise to her that he tells her this? Do young women usually sport full beards in her neighborhood?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Didn't Brianna hook up with another transexual young man after her abusive ex? When she was in Portland and the guy came to live with and alive off her for a while?

Yes. The one with acne who came on the family beach trip?

(Boy, do I have a lot of useless crap from this franchise taking up brain space where more useful information could be.)

Needless to say, Makel's mom has no business barking orders about what identity her adult child is going to project. I will say one thing in her defense, though...it's reasonable that she needs to grieve her old conception of her daughter. None of this is easy even for the most LGBT-woke family members, which Mama Makel clearly is not. Okay, it feels like a funeral to her. She should be allowed to feel how she feels about that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, IvySpice said:

(Boy, do I have a lot of useless crap from this franchise taking up brain space where more useful information could be.)

I know. I am pretty sure I lose brain cells every time I watch this show. Rachel alone will probably be responsible for early onset dementia.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Not gonna happen.  Even in the scene we saw, where Rachel got in a fight with Malorie and stomped off with Coty (that name!) leaving Hazlee behind, her mother came and picked up Hazlee.  I don't see that doormat turning into a tough love master.

I have to say, Malory cracked me up when she was recounting the story to their mom. The way she imitated Rachel "We're gonna live together, we're gonna work in a sandwich shop, we're gonna make bank!". Yeah, that's pretty much what she sounds like. Rachel is delusional and has no idea what it's like to live in the real world.

So is Madisen off the show to make room for Kayla J?

I was more focused on the giant basket of wings that I didn't pay much attention to the Kiaya/Teazha fight. 

I completely zone out when Stephan is on my screen. Luke seems like a good guy and looks like Kayla is going to screw that up.

There is a whole lot to unpack with Kayla J. I'm also confused as to why 2 teenagers thought it would be a good idea to have a baby when one parent is transitioning.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Yes. The one with acne who came on the family beach trip?

(Boy, do I have a lot of useless crap from this franchise taking up brain space where more useful information could be.)

Needless to say, Makel's mom has no business barking orders about what identity her adult child is going to project. I will say one thing in her defense, though...it's reasonable that she needs to grieve her old conception of her daughter. None of this is easy even for the most LGBT-woke family members, which Mama Makel clearly is not. Okay, it feels like a funeral to her. She should be allowed to feel how she feels about that.

Heh about the one with the acne, I totally forgot about that relationship.

Agree, Makel's mom just needs a minute to grieve what never was.  Everyone grieves differently, some people take longer.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I have to say, Malory cracked me up when she was recounting the story to their mom. The way she imitated Rachel "We're gonna live together, we're gonna work in a sandwich shop, we're gonna make bank!". Yeah, that's pretty much what she sounds like. Rachel is delusional and has no idea what it's like to live in the real world.

I can't stand Rachel but she is very sad. These are her aspirations. This is what she envisions when she sees her life play out before her.  When she told her mom last episode that she could get benefits and live in section 8 housing or whatever it seemed like she thought that was a good life plan. She seems determined to find some loser druggie to shack up with and make more babies. That is what she sees as her best life. It's depressing. She has her whole life ahead of her and this is her plan. But she is so terrible and completely out of control of her emotions that I find it hard to actually feel sorry for her.

As for Makel, yes please give your mom a chance to process your transitioning and grieve the girl she raised and loved. She still loves him, she just has to make her own transition to having a boy now. She said she accepted the gay revelation but she was stumbling over the transition. She'll get there because she really does love him.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, IvySpice said:

Kiaya got pregnant the old-fashioned way with a guy who's now in prison, during a breakup with Teazha.

That would be X'Zayveon, who got a prison tattoo of Kiaya's name, which has made her reconsider her relationship with him, and not in the way I would be doing any considering after a prison tattoo with my name appeared on someone.

I was going to post a long analysis of Kiaya's and Teazha's fight during the dinner on the apartment balcony, and was checking to see if we know what the status was of Kiaya and her father when he died, but I got distracted by some reports that Kiaya was arrested a while back for brandishing a firearm.  Her defense should be that her brandishing a firearm shouldn't cause anyone fear of bodily injury because in the time it took for her to thread her index talon through the opening for the trigger, even the slowest person could easily get to safety.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

If Makel's mother was opposed to the transition, where did he get the insurance money to do it.   It involves many trips to the doctor and injections, etc.  Wish they'd explain this.   And what does he do now, travel back and forth to Philly?  So he doesn't work?  None of this makes sense.  If they want to explain living with transition on the show, MTV needs to do a better job.  

Same with the couple who are getting a $1600 a month house.   She isn't working and he doesn't even know where he will spend his senior year.   I don't even have the names straight yet; I didn't watch previous seasons.   

Rachel is sad; no hope there at all.   That deadbeat boyfriend does have beautiful blue eyes; that's all I've got.  

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I can't understand the new girl, Kayla J??  With the mask, and her mumbling forget it.  She has an indoor couch outside, someone needs to tell her that's not a good idea.  

I want Brianna to move out and realize how hard it is without her mom's help.  I want to see her get her comeuppance!

Kayla seriously FUCK OFF wanting Luke to drop out of school where he is on the basketball team to stay near her.  OMG think long term, why would you do that to him?  I want her to get HER comeuppance, as well!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

What happened to Madison? Why did they only bring her on for a few episodes? 

And why was she replaced with this new couple? Isn't the show supposed to be about accidental teen pregnancies? not teens that went to a fertility clinic and purposely got pregnant.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

I can't understand the new girl, Kayla J??  With the mask, and her mumbling forget it.  She has an indoor couch outside, someone needs to tell her that's not a good idea.  

I want Brianna to move out and realize how hard it is without her mom's help.  I want to see her get her comeuppance!

Kayla seriously FUCK OFF wanting Luke to drop out of school where he is on the basketball team to stay near her.  OMG think long term, why would you do that to him?  I want her to get HER comeuppance, as well!

Yes to all of this!

Doesn't Luke have a basketball scholarship that payed for his tuition and housing? Why would she ask him to give that up? She can't suck it up for 2 more semesters until he graduates? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Yes to all of this!

Doesn't Luke have a basketball scholarship that payed for his tuition and housing? Why would she ask him to give that up? She can't suck it up for 2 more semesters until he graduates? 

Yeah I mean this guy could actually have a good future, why would she try to f it up?  I don't know if it is selfishness or stupidity or both.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Yes to all of this!

Doesn't Luke have a basketball scholarship that payed for his tuition and housing? Why would she ask him to give that up? She can't suck it up for 2 more semesters until he graduates? 

I also don't think it's easy to transfer with one year left of college and finish on time.  This story is not making any sense.  She can't do long distance for 9 months for a decent man that would come back with a college degree?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

What happened to Madison? Why did they only bring her on for a few episodes? 

And why was she replaced with this new couple? Isn't the show supposed to be about accidental teen pregnancies? not teens that went to a fertility clinic and purposely got pregnant.

I know.  Someone must have realized we actually like Madisen and gotten rid of her. Or she or her dad did or said something not acceptable and they cut them loose for it.  I don't follow any of these people so I don't know. And then replaced her with Kayla J with a ready made two year old and a boyfriend who is trans because someone at MTV TM absolutely MUST have a trans storyline in this franchise. It's like an itch they can't get rid of.

Last episode Kayla J's deal was they were perfect co-parents and she wanted to get back with him for real and have another baby with him. This week he's a bad co-parent because he keeps bringing new girlfriends into his life and exposing them to Mecca four hours away in Philly where he lives for some reason and she doesn't want him to take Mecca anymore. That's a huge leap for one week.

It seems like MTV is investing a lot of air time to this couple and a lot of instant drama is being manufactured so we'll buy in to them.  So much of their story line doesn't make sense as noted by weaver above and I don't find any reason to care about them and their co-parenting issues.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

So according to her, Kayla J had a scholarship to go to college/was about to join the Army but instead went to a sperm bank and decided to have a baby with someone who is transitioning. Makes sense. 

17 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I also don't think it's easy to transfer with one year left of college and finish on time.  This story is not making any sense.  She can't do long distance for 9 months for a decent man that would come back with a college degree?

Seriously. Her "I don't do long distance" was stupid. You have a kid with this man. So if Luke had decided to go back to Iowa to finish school, she would be done with him?

18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I want Brianna to move out and realize how hard it is without her mom's help.  I want to see her get her comeuppance!

I want both her and Rachel to move out and realize how hard it would be. They both treat their mothers horribly. Brianna is slightly better, only because I don't think she is as dumb as Rachel. Rachel's mom knows if Rachel gets her IUD taken out, it's only a matter of time before she's pregnant again. Because she's that dumb. I mean, she is talking to 4 other guys.

I'm also wondering what happened to Madisen

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Last episode Kayla J's deal was they were perfect co-parents and she wanted to get back with him for real and have another baby with him. This week he's a bad co-parent because he keeps bringing new girlfriends into his life and exposing them to Mecca four hours away in Philly where he lives for some reason and she doesn't want him to take Mecca anymore. That's a huge leap for one week.

It's not that much of a leap if you focus on the bolded:  she wants to be with him (and I think having another kid would be an attempt to cement that, but of course we all know it wouldn't work), but he doesn't want to be with her.  She tried to couch it in terms of his bad decisions, but I'm convinced that the only decision she really has a problem with is the one where he doesn't get back together with her.

 

6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

So according to her, Kayla J had a scholarship to go to college/was about to join the Army but instead went to a sperm bank and decided to have a baby with someone who is transitioning. Makes sense. 

And usually it's "my dreams are dashed because I got pregnant," but in this case she had to take a lot of steps to get pregnant, so shut up about what you're missing out on because you just happened to choose a different path.

 

6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Seriously. Her "I don't do long distance" was stupid. You have a kid with this man. So if Luke had decided to go back to Iowa to finish school, she would be done with him?

And don't forget, she wants Luke to adopt the kid she had with the still-living-and-still-around Stephan. 

 

6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I want both her and Rachel to move out and realize how hard it would be. They both treat their mothers horribly. Brianna is slightly better, only because I don't think she is as dumb as Rachel. Rachel's mom knows if Rachel gets her IUD taken out, it's only a matter of time before she's pregnant again. Because she's that dumb. I mean, she is talking to 4 other guys.

I can't figure out the whole thing about Rachel using her mother's phone to call the doctor, and then Rachel getting ragey because her mother mentioned it and is now butting into her fucking business.  While I hate it when situations are produced just for drama, it's a much more acceptable option than for Rachel to be that stupid that she thinks she can use her mom's phone for that and her mom not react.  And...why would she have to use her mom's phone anyway?  If for some reason she couldn't use her own phone, of all the phones in all the world, that's the only one she could use?

I'm gonna have to go with it was all set up, in the interest of my own mental health.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

This show... makes me stabby. Rachel using her baby sitting $$ for a few nights at an AirBNB? Ha! And  having to use her mom's phone to call Dr? No way that makes sense. Kayla- FFS, Luke has one year of college left, suck it up and go with him. Then he will have his degree. Transferring schools may lead him to lose credits. Brianna, if you are potty training and your mom cares for your son on any kind of regular basis, she needs to be committed to helping which she wants to. No need for you to worry, you can "take the lead". You're an idiot. Don't care anything about new Kayla J, and Kiaya is just annoying AF.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

What legal rights does Makel have to Mecca?   He’s not the biological father.  Is his name on the birth certificate?  He’s not married.

I can’t keep it all straight.  Now another guy, Ryan, is in the picture with Kayla?  She seems so calm about the whole thing.  

The editing is terrible, or else it’s all just too confusing.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

So Kayla's attorney told her it would be no problem to just replace Stephen with Luke, like Stephen has no legal right to be a father.  How is it possible to just replace dads like that on the whim of the bio mom? If they aren't married and she doesn't like him she can just find someone else to adopt the kid?  Nothing I have ever seen has led me to believe that unmarried mothers can just declare the admitted father of their child superfluous to needs and stick in someone else unilaterally. And now there is Ryan, who looks like Izaiah (and Stephen we have remarked before, does not).... and the upcoming DNA test.  Jeez. I really dislike Kayla and her march to have a perfect little family no matter the cost to Izaiah in the long run. This is all about Kayla, not about Izaiah. It's all "I had a baby with my boyfriend but I don't like him anymore so I will just have my new boyfriend adopt him - against the declared father's wishes - and have a perfect little family." I find it really offensive.

When Rachel declares she is leaving home does she just show up at people's houses and sleep on their couches or does she find boys who will let her sleep with them in exchange for temporary room and board?  And she still expects her mom to be instant babysitter, no questions asked. She justifies all this because her mom was gone for nine years of her life so she 'owes' her now to be a doormat and verbal punching bag.  Her mom needs to call her out and show her the door. She's just so spineless. Rachel is a raging bitch to everyone, she's going to run out of people to abuse and wind up on the street (except for MTV babying her and providing income so she will never learn to be a decent human being.

Kayla J and Makel -- just don't care. At all.

Kiaya. Dear lord she has no control over her emotions at all. She still goes from nice to raging lunatic in ten seconds flat. You can hear her screaming from the space station. She needs to be medicated and get serious therapy. Carla is not exactly rational either but she raised a son who is now in prison so I kinda think I can see how that happened. But Kiaya is insane.

Brianna - no one is going to hire someone for a good job an hour commute away when they are young with a three year old. Or they'd be dumb to do so. Can't she deliver groceries or something to make extra cash during covid?  Work part time hours at the job she has and then fill in the lack with something like that. Braeson sure is cute but he's also a dynamo. That kid is cheerful energy in a small package. It's exhausting just watching him zoom around.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

So Kayla's attorney told her it would be no problem to just replace Stephen with Luke, like Stephen has no legal right to be a father.  How is it possible to just replace dads like that on the whim of the bio mom? If they aren't married and she doesn't like him she can just find someone else to adopt the kid?  Nothing I have ever seen has led me to believe that unmarried mothers can just declare the admitted father of their child superfluous to needs and stick in someone else unilaterally. And now there is Ryan, who looks like Izaiah (and Stephen we have remarked before, does not).... and the upcoming DNA test.  Jeez. I really dislike Kayla and her march to have a perfect little family no matter the cost to Izaiah in the long run. This is all about Kayla, not about Izaiah. It's all "I had a baby with my boyfriend but I don't like him anymore so I will just have my new boyfriend adopt him - against the declared father's wishes - and have a perfect little family." I find it really offensive.

When Rachel declares she is leaving home does she just show up at people's houses and sleep on their couches or does she find boys who will let her sleep with them in exchange for temporary room and board?  And she still expects her mom to be instant babysitter, no questions asked. She justifies all this because her mom was gone for nine years of her life so she 'owes' her now to be a doormat and verbal punching bag.  Her mom needs to call her out and show her the door. She's just so spineless. Rachel is a raging bitch to everyone, she's going to run out of people to abuse and wind up on the street (except for MTV babying her and providing income so she will never learn to be a decent human being.

Kayla J and Makel -- just don't care. At all.

Kiaya. Dear lord she has no control over her emotions at all. She still goes from nice to raging lunatic in ten seconds flat. You can hear her screaming from the space station. She needs to be medicated and get serious therapy. Carla is not exactly rational either but she raised a son who is now in prison so I kinda think I can see how that happened. But Kiaya is insane.

Brianna - no one is going to hire someone for a good job an hour commute away when they are young with a three year old. Or they'd be dumb to do so. Can't she deliver groceries or something to make extra cash during covid?  Work part time hours at the job she has and then fill in the lack with something like that. Braeson sure is cute but he's also a dynamo. That kid is cheerful energy in a small package. It's exhausting just watching him zoom around.

 

I thought Kayla said Stephan never asserted his parental rights but weren't they kinda together when Izaiah was born? I assume his name is on the birth certificate. And now this new guy. Kayla seems sure he's not the father but I wonder if she's really sure or if she's just always maintained it's Stephan and she doesn't want to change that.

Rachel is just the worst. She yells at her mom about trick or treating, then says she's leaving her baby and going somewhere else and then oh wait, can I have money, I want food. And her mom just gives it to her. 

I also don't care about Kayla J and Makkel but I'm curious of what rights Makkel has. Is his name on the birth certificate? He does seem devoted to Mecca but I'm also wondering why he agreed to do this because it seems like he doesn't want to be in a relationship.

I had to laugh at the escalation of Kiaya's call. It went from "we'd like to invite you over for Thanksgiving" to "Fuuuuck youuuuuuu" in about 5 seconds.

Briana, if you are actively applying for jobs wouldn't you google map the address to see where it is and how long the commute would be before the interview? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I also don't care about Kayla J and Makkel but I'm curious of what rights Makkel has. Is his name on the birth certificate? He does seem devoted to Mecca but I'm also wondering why he agreed to do this because it seems like he doesn't want to be in a relationship.

I am curious about this too.  What a mess.

That guy Ryan looks A LOT like Izaiah!

Why is Kiaya wearing a sparkly baker's hat?  I do have to laugh at the grandma messing up Amour's name.  Also all this time I thought Amour was a girl.

Edited by heatherchandler

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Why is Kiaya wearing a sparkly baker's hat?

I think that was her hair dryer bonnet.

Yeah, Makel and Kayla J make no damn sense at all. But since they went to a sperm bank they may have extra paperwork regarding parenting that they had to sign (I don't know this) and Makel may be all over that with the father thing. Also I imagine they had no hesitation putting him on the birth certificate. Mecca was not an oopsie baby, she was the result of over the top planning by two very stupid eighteen year olds.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

And now there is Ryan, who looks like Izaiah (and Stephen we have remarked before, does not).... and the upcoming DNA test. 

I can imagine Kayla's mom thinking "I put up with Stephen's abusive rage and he isn't even the kid's dad???"  Kayla is one messed up young lady.  So, she fits right in on this show. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I think that was her hair dryer bonnet.

Yeah, Makel and Kayla J make no damn sense at all. But since they went to a sperm bank they may have extra paperwork regarding parenting that they had to sign (I don't know this) and Makel may be all over that with the father thing. Also I imagine they had no hesitation putting him on the birth certificate. Mecca was not an oopsie baby, she was the result of over the top planning by two very stupid eighteen year olds.

This is why I don't understand why they are on the show at all. Wasn't the show's original purpose to raise birth control awareness? or at least show the ramifications of unprotected sex (without MTV $)? These idiots are only on the show because they are trans/bi/lesbian people of color.  There was no unplanned pregnancy to learn how to protect themselves from.  Imo, they don't belong on the show at all. Not to mention I can't understand 3/4 of what they say, and I am MUCH more interested in Madisen's story.

ok, rant over. I feel better now.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I really dislike Kayla and her march to have a perfect little family no matter the cost to Izaiah in the long run. This is all about Kayla, not about Izaiah.

I dislike Kayla, too, but regardless of her motive for getting Stephan out of Izaiah's life permanently, I view that as a gift to Izaiah in the long run. Izaiah is better off without Stephan AND his mama. If I had a kid, I'd keep him away from the entirety of Clan Stephan, based on the two examples we've seen. It's too bad that this show will mean that Izaiah will see the family violence in his background firsthand.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Geesh, between the excessive, horrid makeup, the mile long eyelashes and the 2 inch long nails (which none of them seem to know how to maneuver with) I am having a harder and harder time watching this shit show. When Rachel was slapping that bright blue eye shadow on, I was sure it was gonna be a joke, but nope, she meant it to look like that!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I think that was her hair dryer bonnet.

I don't know...the part at the back of her neck was folded over, but it didn't look like the hose would attach in the part that was in the fold, and I couldn't see a place where it would attach anywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post

Why is no one affirming Kayla J's decision to refuse to have Mecca around whatever woman Makel is dating at the moment?  The idea of not exposing your kids to whoever is the date of the moment is pretty standard good parenting advice but I hear no one saying that on this show. You don't move people in and out of kids' lives like that just because you the parent are all involved for a second. When you have an established relationship of some time and you believe it is really going somewhere then you bring them into it. Drives me crazy the way everyone keeps blaming 'jealousy' for Kayla J not wanting Mecca to be with Makel and whatever woman he happens to be dating this week. Also, I do not watch Teen Mom to constantly listen to talk about Makel and transitioning. Move on. This is supposed to be about Kayla J and teen parenting, not Makel's gender identity. Move on.

Rachel is so stupid. That's all I have on her. It's a weird ass time when Mallory is the voice of reason but there she goes again. She's right, Stephanie needs to cut Rachel off. Rachel's "fuck you mom! Here's my kid to watch and give me twenty dollars now!" schtick is getting ridiculous. Rachel needs a wake up. Also, how long do you think it'll be before her 'best friend' has had it with her being a 'grown up' while living with her. And how long before Rachel quits that factory job (work!) or leaves Hazelee with her friend's mom and goes walkabout for a day or two and then gets upset when she's called out on it? 

Kayla (original recipe) has really stepped in it now. Luke is mad about the DNA testing. I've never seen Kayla so tentative.

Kiaya is Jekyll and Hyde. Seems so mature and reasonable but she sure can turn on a dime. Now her mom is acting stupid about Carla. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Brianna is so... dumb. I don't know what else to say about her at this point.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2021 at 12:49 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Drives me crazy the way everyone keeps blaming 'jealousy' for Kayla J not wanting Mecca to be with Makel and whatever woman he happens to be dating this week.

I do think it's jealousy, because she's made it clear that she wants to be together with Makel, and was even talking about having another kid with him.  So while I agree with her about not wanting Mecca to be around rando girlfriends, I'm not convinced it's her primary motivation.

And while I agree that having the kid be around rando girlfriends is bad, does Kayla J have a vote in that?  Does she have any authority to stop Makel from doing anything he wants to when he's with Mecca, as long as it's not dangerous enough for a judge to get involved and prohibit it?  While I think their story has no business being on this show, it might at least reinforce the advice that girls/women be very careful about who they breed with, because if things go south, there's no guarantee you're going to get your way on everything when it comes to the child.

 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:49 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Rachel is so stupid.

Well, she's smart enough to know that her mother is willing to be walked all over, constantly. 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:49 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Also, how long do you think it'll be before her 'best friend' has had it with her being a 'grown up' while living with her. And how long before Rachel quits that factory job (work!) or leaves Hazelee with her friend's mom and goes walkabout for a day or two and then gets upset when she's called out on it?

Who cares?  The worst that can happen to her is that she gets upset.  Then she'll move back in with Stephanie.  Same old same old--she just has to put up with a little grief, which is no doubt a lot easier than working in a factory.

 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:49 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Kiaya is Jekyll and Hyde. Seems so mature and reasonable but she sure can turn on a dime.

I just can't pin the labels "mature" and "reasonable" on somebody with those fingernails.  Just can't.

And I'm still annoyed at her reaction to Teazha's saying that when her parents die, then so be it.  They've been "gone" her entire life already.

Just because Kiaya misses her dad doesn't have anything to do with how Teazha feels about either of her parents.  The most Kiaya should have done is express regret at how things played out with her own father, and tell Teazha is could be food for thought.  But nope--Teazha needs to work hard on her relationship with a father who's allowing her to live with him but doesn't speak to her, according to Kiaya.  Which starts a huge fight.  Good work, Kiaya.

Although I have to say that I almost cried watching Teazha at her birthday party, when she said nobody has ever done anything like that--the joy on her face was palpable.  She tugs at my heartstrings.  And deserves much better than Kiaya, or Kaiya's mother (whom she seems very attached to).

Then again, I think I read somewhere that Kiaya and Teazha are doing some sort of MLM scheme, presumably based on their fame from this show.  So fuck them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I do think it's jealousy, because she's made it clear that she wants to be together with Makel, and was even talking about having another kid with him.  So while I agree with her about not wanting Mecca to be around rando girlfriends, I'm not convinced it's her primary motivation.

And while I agree that having the kid be around rando girlfriends is bad, does Kayla J have a vote in that?  Does she have any authority to stop Makel from doing anything he wants to when he's with Mecca, as long as it's not dangerous enough for a judge to get involved and prohibit it?  While I think their story has no business being on this show, it might at least reinforce the advice that girls/women be very careful about who they breed with, because if things go south, there's no guarantee you're going to get your way on everything when it comes to the child.

 

Well, she's smart enough to know that her mother is willing to be walked all over, constantly. 

Who cares?  The worst that can happen to her is that she gets upset.  Then she'll move back in with Stephanie.  Same old same old--she just has to put up with a little grief, which is no doubt a lot easier than working in a factory.

 

I just can't pin the labels "mature" and "reasonable" on somebody with those fingernails.  Just can't.

And I'm still annoyed at her reaction to Teazha's saying that when her parents die, then so be it.  They've been "gone" her entire life already.

Just because Kiaya misses her dad doesn't have anything to do with how Teazha feels about either of her parents.  The most Kiaya should have done is express regret at how things played out with her own father, and tell Teazha is could be food for thought.  But nope--Teazha needs to work hard on her relationship with a father who's allowing her to live with him but doesn't speak to her, according to Kiaya.  Which starts a huge fight.  Good work, Kiaya.

Although I have to say that I almost cried watching Teazha at her birthday party, when she said nobody has ever done anything like that--the joy on her face was palpable.  She tugs at my heartstrings.  And deserves much better than Kiaya, or Kaiya's mother (whom she seems very attached to).

Then again, I think I read somewhere that Kiaya and Teazha are doing some sort of MLM scheme, presumably based on their fame from this show.  So fuck them.

I agree with this and I've been saying Free Teazha since last season. She needs to go be happy and live her life and not be tied to Kiaya and her constant drama. 

They are?? I wonder what kind of MLM.

I also think it's jealousy with Kayla J. She seemed to want to create this instant family with Makel, so much so that she went to a sperm bank and now seems upset that he moved on. Though I also question his motivations for agreeing to raise a child together and then bailing on their relationship. It's confusing.

Same old same old with Rachel. I think Stephanie's main concern is also Rachel ending up pregnant again. Because we all know Rachel is an idiot when it comes to birth control.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Blessing Loop?  That's illegal so they should be getting some interest from law enforcement for that one.  So stupid to do it so openly like that.

I agree that Kayla J is jealous and that is her motive for not wanting to let Makel have Mecca meet random women he decides to date and live with. My problem is that regardless of her motive the objection is a very valid one and no one seems to address that as well. Regardless of Kayla's motives, moving children in and out of the lives of the flavor of the week is a very bad idea and harmful to the kids. No one points this out, only that Kayla is jealous. The idea seems to be that if Kayla admits she is jealous and lets that go then all is well with what Makel is doing and it's not.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I think that was her hair dryer bonnet.

Yeah, Makel and Kayla J make no damn sense at all. But since they went to a sperm bank they may have extra paperwork regarding parenting that they had to sign (I don't know this) and Makel may be all over that with the father thing. Also I imagine they had no hesitation putting him on the birth certificate. Mecca was not an oopsie baby, she was the result of over the top planning by two very stupid eighteen year olds.

It's a thing she wears at night to protect her hair from pillowcase friction which can cause breakage. Like a satin pillowcase for your head and tacky as all fuck to be wearing it in public.

I wonder if Luke will regret upending his life for Kayla. It also surprises me how encouraging his mother is of all that. He should finish school. Won't make the big leagues but could perhaps play overseas, though Kayla may not like that.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Regardless of Kayla's motives, moving children in and out of the lives of the flavor of the week is a very bad idea and harmful to the kids.

And it could be argued that a woman and a transexual man going to a sperm bank to have a baby when they're 20 and not settled, never mind thriving, is a very bad idea and potentially the source of a lot of problems for the kid.  It seems pretty obvious to me that having a procession of women through any kid's life isn't a great situation, but I'm sure not every child who's experienced that has been harmed by it, and we don't really know what Makel's actually doing. 

What he needs to do is not lie about it.  Just be up front with what he's doing, if Kayla asks (although you know she will)--he should own his parenting decisions.  If conflict continues, get something enforceable in writing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

They were eighteen when the decided to go to the sperm bank. Eighteen.  There's no fix for that kind of stupid.

1 hour ago, politichick said:

It's a thing she wears at night to protect her hair from pillowcase friction which can cause breakage. Like a satin pillowcase for your head and tacky as all fuck to be wearing it in public.

Thank you!  That makes perfect sense. I knew about the pillowcases but didn't realize there was a bonnet too.  She just went outside the apartment to cool down from her hysteria so I won't diss on her for that. It's better than running around with curlers in your hair as I've seen some women do all over town.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, politichick said:

It's a thing she wears at night to protect her hair from pillowcase friction which can cause breakage. Like a satin pillowcase for your head and tacky as all fuck to be wearing it in public.

I wonder if Luke will regret upending his life for Kayla. It also surprises me how encouraging his mother is of all that. He should finish school. Won't make the big leagues but could perhaps play overseas, though Kayla may not like that.

Does anyone know what college in Iowa Luke was playing at?  I want to check the roster.  Luke does not look athletic to me, so I want to check his stats & see if he is any good.

Share this post


Link to post

To me, Luke looks 35 and not the 21 or so he’d be as a senior in college.  
 

It puzzles me that MTV doesn’t make it clear what legal rights Makel has with respect to Mecca.   
 

Rachel, sigh.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Does anyone know what college in Iowa Luke was playing at?  I want to check the roster.  Luke does not look athletic to me, so I want to check his stats & see if he is any good.

Somebody had a t-shirt or sweatshirt on that said "Dubuque" so I assume University of Dubuque.  Northern Illinois University in DeKalb is the school he said he could go to and walk on to the basketball team, if he finished school there instead of going back to Iowa.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The University of Dubuque is Division III, and in a nowheresville conference in Division III at that, so their players are not going pro even in the National League of Elbonia. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size