Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: No Good Deed

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When one of the doctors is found unconscious in an elevator at Chastain, the staff frantically retraces his steps to figure out the cause. Billie is faced with a personal conflict when she comes face-to-face with the secret she has been hiding all these years. Meanwhile, Bell helps Kit make a decision about a new neurosurgeon joining the team at Chastain.

Airdate: 09/28/2021

I'm assuming at least 8 hours passed between the events of the last episode and this episode.  So in that time, are we to believe that a major hospital in a major metropolitan area did not have a single patient requiring a cast?  Even if you accept there were no patients, was there no staff assigned to work in that area, or even any staff that just passed thru that area?  And what happened to that nurse?  Is she laying on the floor somewhere waiting for somebody to find her?  She said she didn't feel well, but didn't mention going home (as best as I remember).   Seemed like too many holes in the chemical gas storyline.  And when Devan was found, he was halfway out the elevator door, but in his fascinating recap of events we had already witnessed, he clearly collapsed inside the elevator and the door shut with him inside.  Sloppy show, sloppy.   

Billie, if you want to keep something a secret, its best not to discuss it out in the open.  Haven't you ever watched Grey's Anatomy? 

The doorbell of doom finally came about.  Next week should be sad. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I'm assuming at least 8 hours passed between the events of the last episode and this episode.  So in that time, are we to believe that a major hospital in a major metropolitan area did not have a single patient requiring a cast?  Even if you accept there were no patients, was there no staff assigned to work in that area, or even any staff that just passed thru that area?  And what happened to that nurse?  Is she laying on the floor somewhere waiting for somebody to find her?  She said she didn't feel well, but didn't mention going home (as best as I remember).   Seemed like too many holes in the chemical gas storyline.  And when Devan was found, he was halfway out the elevator door, but in his fascinating recap of events we had already witnessed, he clearly collapsed inside the elevator and the door shut with him inside.  Sloppy show, sloppy.   

Billie, if you want to keep something a secret, its best not to discuss it out in the open.  Haven't you ever watched Grey's Anatomy? 

The doorbell of doom finally came about.  Next week should be sad. 

Yeah, I could buy the cast room being empty for a few hours the previous day while they were closed to trauma.....but by the next morning it should have had people there. Even if the people working there were the people who went home sick the previous day and didn't show, someone should have been looking for them.

• Love 4

I kept wondering where the nurse with the headache went too! Is she lying somewhere or did she just abandon her job (and patient)?

I also wondered why suddenly nobody needed a cast. Or wouldn't there be a day shift person for the cast dept coming in?

Edited by katycat74
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

And when Devan was found, he was halfway out the elevator door, but in his fascinating recap of events we had already witnessed, he clearly collapsed inside the elevator and the door shut with him inside.  Sloppy show, sloppy.   

Yeah, I noticed that.  Sloppy, sloppy writing.

• Love 3

Yeah, there were definite inconsistencies with the Devon stuff, once he got into the elevator. At least show him regaining consciousness and trying to crawl out of the elevator from the roof. Also, can we know what happened to the staff in the casting department? Are they still sleeping it off? Are they all ok?

They also wrapped that stuff up fairly quickly. With other main characters, or even recurring characters like Jessica, when they've gotten into trouble, it's usually an episode long problem. But Devon's stuff only takes up about 12 minutes total, because, for some reason, we HAD to have Billie and her bio son take up the entire other 30 minutes.

Billie annoys me, which she didn't really last season, but her attitude toward everyone was so blatantly obvious. She wasn't even trying to hide that she hates this kid because he brings up past trauma. She doesn't want people to know, but she's making it SO OBVIOUS that there's an issue when she can't hide her glaring every two seconds.

And this Trevor kid? I guess he's my new hate character for this show. Terrible, terrible character. He's acting like a brat. I know he's 18 and all, but my god, I do not like that he could very well be sticking around because there was nothing appealing about him to me. I know this show tends to take irredeemable characters and make them redeemable, but I don't think I can take all season of this kid being around and being a pain in the ass. 

That ending sucked, but in a most heartbreaking way. 

• Love 8

Count me in as another person wondering what happened to the receptionist/nurse in the casting room who said she was going to find someone for the blind guy and then was never seen again. Way to do your job, girl. 

I'm sad about next week and also mad because I don't understand why we had to go this route. 

That baby is really cute and I don't actually like kids, heh. 

• Love 5

Can I just pretend next week’s episode doesn’t exist? I’m going to pretend Nik is helping out Mina in Nigeria and will see her daughter offscreen. Gah, this is going to be so sad. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 8

I wish they would have dealt with Nic’s ending between the seasons. Or maybe I was spoiled so long ago it feels like they’re dragging it out. I’m not emotionally invested and it’s like get it over with. 

Nic and Mina balanced (is that the right word) everything out and it’s sorely missed thus far. The new characters are not grabbing me the way those two did. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, I could buy the cast room being empty for a few hours the previous day while they were closed to trauma.....but by the next morning it should have had people there. Even if the people working there were the people who went home sick the previous day and didn't show, someone should have been looking for them.

And once Devon was discovered and they realized it was a gas situation, why didn't they immediately send people to where they found him to see about the leak??? So that they can, I don't know, make sure the hospital is not in danger?

'

• Love 4
14 hours ago, preeya said:

Dr. Conrad Hawkins welcome to the world of Dr. Max Goodwin. Storyline copied from the scripts of New Amsterdam.

Right down to the "overwhelmed, single, doctor dad" having trouble with the hospital daycare. Maybe Show will find some way to make this different. Maybe?

Also, regarding Devon: Why was he trying to go all the way back to the ER for help? Couldn't he just have called someone from the office where he was? Telephone, intercom system, something? I know that place looked like it was in the sub-basement of the hospital or something, but that dept must have a way to communicate with the rest of the hospital, right?

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

And once Devon was discovered and they realized it was a gas situation, why didn't they immediately send people to where they found him to see about the leak??? So that they can, I don't know, make sure the hospital is not in danger?

They found him in an elevator on the roof and the leak was in the basement.  He had memory loss and could not remember where he had been.  That's why Conrad and Kit were trying to retrace his steps and had to call a night nurse at home.

• Useful 2

This isn’t directed at the EVC situation but yeah. We know money wasn’t the issue here for EVC. Makes me wonder what she was asking for that the bosses couldn’t work out something so everyone wins here. Or why bs and say they hope she can return later. EVC ain’t showing up to be a ghost. I hope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The only part of the episode I like- aka slayed me- was the look on Conrad's face at the end of the episode.  I am emotionally dreading 

Regarding EVC- she's on a marvel contract now.   And yes, she probably wanted to spend more time with her kid.

But I, too, would leave a show if Marvel and its money came calling.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

That was just terrible, terrible writing. 

Also doesn't Dev oversee his new girlfriend? Is that allowed? 

I think he is higher up than her, but isn't her direct supervisor, so maybe that's why it's allowed. I think she is a first year resident and he is a higher number years resident. The timing on this show is kind of confusing. They had a time jump for Covid and seemed to have another one this year, since Conrad's baby was born in the season finale and is already talking.

She definitely seemed to be treating him though, which shouldn't be allowed.

• Love 2

I was wondering why Devon almost died when he’d only been in the casting room for a brief time, but the blind patient had been there before Devon and also overnight, but was in much better shape. I know Devon vented the room when he exited to get help, but that still means he nearly died from less of an encounter with the gas than the blind patient had.

I didn’t know anything about the Nic actress leaving the show, but it was obvious when she didn’t appear in the season premiere.

I don’t mind Sutton’s son being on the cast if he becomes a mentee to The Raptor. But his mother can leave the show anytime.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Arkay said:

I was wondering why Devon almost died when he’d only been in the casting room for a brief time, but the blind patient had been there before Devon and also overnight, but was in much better shape. I know Devon vented the room when he exited to get help, but that still means he nearly died from less of an encounter with the gas than the blind patient had.

I didn’t know anything about the Nic actress leaving the show, but it was obvious when she didn’t appear in the season premiere.

I don’t mind Sutton’s son being on the cast if he becomes a mentee to The Raptor. But his mother can leave the show anytime.

Devon is like half the size of the blind guy, so maybe that played a role?  The blind guy also almost died though.  They mentioned that they didn't think he was going to make it. 

• Love 1