Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Facing Fears

• Start Topic

Armando reckons with disappointment; Ellie is heartbroken to see her new home devastated; Steven gets cold feet about the wedding; Corey confesses secrets; Bini takes Ari to a holy site; Sumit reveals to his family that he's engaged.

SteVen never looked in to the idea of a bus in Antalya? If my boyfriend tried hitchhiking in a city, I would sneak out and leave. Surely he can afford a taxi or look in to public transportation to get them to their immigration appointment. It seems like a lot of work to do in 90 days - so many forms, so much paperwork which will leave very little time to spend any time together to make such a major life decision.

Jenny, you will need many more beads than the red ones you got. And now Sumit's brother's wife is preggers and you will once again miss out on a family event? You are not considered family and probably won't unless you have millions of dollars to give to Sumit's parents and put them up in a nice mansion in the US or India.

Ellie, are you paying for all the supplies that Victor is taking to his sister? The island homes look damanged and destroyed. Why are you there?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jenny, you will need many more beads than the red ones you got. And now Sumit's brother's wife is preggers and you will once again miss out on a family event? You are not considered family and probably won't unless you have millions of dollars to give to Sumit's parents and put them up in a nice mansion in the US or India.

I think Jenny won't leave because why lose the TLC pay? She didn't even look all that put out by the news about being left out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

TLC pay or not, I have some dignity. At some point, the person stringing me along will be asked what his plans are for leaving his wife or whatever. Why let yourself be treated this way?

It's probably staged at this point, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

SteVen is fucking stupid. First, you don't hitchhike in any country. Second, This is Turkey, not Vegas. You can't just get married. Personally, to me this is all show. These two or at least SteVen doesnt want to marry. He wants his 15 mins.

I don't know what the heck Ellie sees in Victor. He's not that good looking and the long beard is a turn off.

I laugh my ass off at the whole Jenny and Summet thing. Jenny is a fucking idiot. She gets catfished by this Indian guy pretending he's an English guy yet she still clings to him and is upset because his parents don't want her due to a cultural thing (she's older, she is past the baby making stage) and yet she still feels slighted.  Girl, get it through your head that he will never put a ring on it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

It makes me laugh EVERY TIME Jenny says, "I am reaching my breaking point." Nine years and she is just going to reach it?? Sadly, I think Jenny is just not a very bright person, who is working at 100% capacity. Sumit is probably a few watts ahead of her. (very few!)

And, if I were going to a foreign country to marry so I could go to my fiance's home country, I think I would have investigated what requirements this foreign country had BEFORE i met my fiance' there!! From what I have seen and heard from Steven, I think he is in contention with Jenny for 90 days valedictorian. What guy with a brain keeps telling his fiance' that she is "cute."??

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

It makes me laugh EVERY TIME Jenny says, "I am reaching my breaking point." Nine years and she is just going to reach it?? Sadly, I think Jenny is just not a very bright person, who is working at 100% capacity. Sumit is probably a few watts ahead of her. (very few!)

And, if I were going to a foreign country to marry so I could go to my fiance's home country, I think I would have investigated what requirements this foreign country had BEFORE i met my fiance' there!! From what I have seen and heard from Steven, I think he is in contention with Jenny for 90 days valedictorian. What guy with a brain keeps telling his fiance' that she is "cute."??

Jenny's breaking point will be when the TLC money runs out, she will go home.

SteVen not planning or researching seems about right for him, he does not know consequences of his actions, he does not understand how other people could be affected, it is beyond his comprehension. I cannot wait to see how this ends...maybe Alina will tire of his wide eyed awkward ways.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, greekmom said:

SteVen is fucking stupid. First, you don't hitchhike in any country. Second, This is Turkey, not Vegas. You can't just get married. Personally, to me this is all show. These two or at least SteVen doesnt want to marry. He wants his 15 mins.

I don't know what the heck Ellie sees in Victor. He's not that good looking and the long beard is a turn off.

I laugh my ass off at the whole Jenny and Summet thing. Jenny is a fucking idiot. She gets catfished by this Indian guy pretending he's an English guy yet she still clings to him and is upset because his parents don't want her due to a cultural thing (she's older, she is past the baby making stage) and yet she still feels slighted.  Girl, get it through your head that he will never put a ring on it.

That braid looks like a long turd hanging from his chin 😝

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

SteVen never looked in to the idea of a bus in Antalya? If my boyfriend tried hitchhiking in a city, I would sneak out and leave. Surely he can afford a taxi or look in to public transportation to get them to their immigration appointment.

SteVen wants to be considered adventurous, daring, different, fun, a hoot, unique, a prize and a risk-taker among many other things. I'm not impressed. Don't be stupid, hitchhiking in a foreign country. Really? Who does this? Grow up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, Breedom said:

SteVen wants to be considered adventurous, daring, different, fun, a hoot, unique, a prize and a risk-taker among many other things. I'm not impressed. Don't be stupid, hitchhiking in a foreign country. Really? Who does this? Grow up.

Some young travelers do hitchhike their way through Europe. It was safer years ago. The odds of you vanishing without a trace…

It is not cool or fun or risk taking. The average person here would not stop for a hitchhiker and encourage the person to walk or take the bus.

You do need to know the laws in the foreign country. Spending time in prison and having diplomats try to get you out can be a nightmare.

• Love 3

OMG PEOPLE is that SteVen's Mormon underwear/temple garment sticking out of his shorts and his sleeve?????!!!!?!?!!?! 

And yes, l'autostop was one of the first words in the stories in my  French textbooks. Those were the days!

Mireille pense que l'auto-stop est charmant

Mireille thinks hitchhiking is charming

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Alina agreed to hitchhike and get in a car after expressing the following fears less than a week before:

• American Mormons are part of a for-profit, organ-harvesting cult.
  • Any Turk may abduct her, because she is an attractive young woman alone in a hotel.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Steven and Alina:  I keep telling the girl to run but she just does not listen!!  Run NOW!!!

Evelyn and Corey:  The reason that fast forward was invented.

The Tool and The Liar: Sumit is going to talk to them about shunning Jenny.  Yeah, that’s the ticket!!  His family needs to cut off contact with him as well. He ruined his brother’s celebration.  He is a selfish shit!

Ariel and Bini:  Don’t care.  It’s just water!!!!

Armando and Kenneth:  The difference between Armando and Sumit is like night and day.  What a wonderful young man the former is.

Ellie:  Even more tired of her.  The woman is an idiot.  

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Steven and Alina:  I keep telling the girl to run but she just does not listen!!  Run NOW!!!

Evelyn and Corey:  The reason that fast forward was invented.

The Tool and The Liar: Sumit is going to talk to them about shunning Jenny.  Yeah, that’s the ticket!!  His family needs to cut off contact with him as well. He ruined his brother’s celebration.  He is a selfish shit!

Ariel and Bini:  Don’t care.  It’s just water!!!!

Armando and Kenneth:  The difference between Armando and Sumit is like night and day.  What a wonderful young man the former is.

Ellie:  Even more tired of her.  The woman is an idiot.  

I love everything you said.    Especially about Cory and Evelin. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Ari was a good sport sticking it out in that freezing water. Bini has such beautiful skin. And that beautiful chubby baby - I just adore him. I hope they can make it together.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3

Not-a-V Steven's nervous forced laugh after every sentence would be a deal breaker for me.   There aren't enough redeeming qualities in the world to make up for that. And he doesn't have any anyway. I adore a good weirdo, but Steven is just too much of a lost cause. Why a watermelon?

• Love 12

Jenny and Sumit-I just think it is rude for Sumit to discuss Jenny at his brother and his sister's in law celebration, he should talk to his parents in private and Jenny needs to get a brain and leave Sumit for good

Evelin and Corey-If Evelin is not happy then she should get a divorce even if Evelin's mom said she does not believe in divorce

Ellie and Victor-They are the most boring couple on the show and Victor's shit beard is gross

Kenny and Armando-Can Kenny get through an episode without crying for once?

Steven and Alina-Steven keeps getting stupider and stupider in each episode, I hope Alina leaves him, she deserves much better than Steven

Ariela and Biniyam-Seeing next week's episodes with Ariela crying makes me think she is still in love with her ex-husband and wants to go back to him

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 11

Can Ari not even try???? So disrespectful. 
And I told hubby he needs to have a beard braid like that. I can lead him around in Walmart by it. 🤣 So over Corey and that bitch.  And Jenny and Sumit.  My God it’s been years.  Drop it already.  No longer interesting to watch. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, seasons said:

Geez, Armando, give your dad a chance. Don't push the wedding And kenny on him. It's next year. He just made huge progress in accepting you. Give him some time. This made me frustrated with Armando. 

This!  The father is coming around; let him do so at his pace; baby steps.  

Since we were introduced to Avi's nanny, I can't recall seeing his mother holding him. I find it rather interesting that someone as devout and religious as Bini would procreate without the sacrament of Holy Matrimony and live with a woman who is not his wife.  It would appear that he is picking and choosing which doctrines of his faith he wants to obey.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Ari's superpower is bitching in every circumstance EVER.  Man, you don't even carry that child b/c ya momma is paying for a whole nanny/cook domestic, and you are bitching about the walking.  You agreed to the cleansing, but instead of thoughtful meditation, you are bitching. And next week?  Bitching in a barbershop (likely about your ex-husband who you can't stop thinking about...until you do). 

Ellie has really made some mistakes.  Going to this island while these poor people are trying to process the trauma of essentially losing everything seems like a poor choice.  I appreciate her care and ability to bring some supplies, which is likely welcomed, but in this circumstance, I think she is going to be more of a burden than a help.  I do not get the Victor appeal either, y'all.

Jenny is an idiot and Sumit keeps playing her.  Knowing what the Delta variant did in India, I was dying at how poorly people were wearing masks, including Sumit's family and his pregnant SIL.  Jenny, girl, go home.  This ain't it.  He ain't it.  This season my terrible opinion of Summit has gotten even worse. What a time. 

Evilyn was hilariously mustache twirling today.  The way she explained the marriage was so cold blooded and clearly meant to maximize blame placed on Cory.  Why would Corey talk to Raul about any of this?  Isn't Raul mad about Evilyn? (p.s. how are men attracted to her?  she seems so deficient of any warmth!)

I cringe every time Steven is on the screen. He's so secondhand cringe.  I think he believes he is this edgy, wild dude, but in fact, he's got a lot of arrested development.  How the hell does he continue his Pepe LePew thang + his repressed morality that he blames on her being pretty + his commitmentphobia about getting married so quickly?!  This makes no sense. He's such a pain.  Honestly, Alina seems so lovely compared to him, than it feels unfair how much he's trading up. 

Kenny and Armando continue to be the lovely couple that I cheer for.  I was so anxious about the conversation between Sr and Jr!  Yet, his father, you can tell, genuinely loves his son.  Armando is such a loving person b/c unlike many of these families, he comes from a loving family.  LGBTQ+ is not a cultural norm in Mexico, and it seems fair for his father to have to think about the wedding...big events don't seem like his thing, and it's a lot for him.  This isn't an automatic road, and one that takes time for the culture and generation Sr is from.  Yet, there was progress.  I also like the small detail of Kenny's daughter hugging Armando and wishing him well in the conversation.  Kenny is a bit overemotional, but these people all make you want to root for them, IMO. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 21

I don't think Armando's father is comfortable being on camera, or discussing the upcoming marriage on international TV.     I think he's just a very shy person, and will have to work up the courage to attend a big public event with all kinds of photographers and film crews. 

• Love 17

Ari not even seen holding or carrying her own baby. Last week in the van to bring her ex do the airport when Leandro said he'd miss Avi. She said something like "yah everyone lives that little guy " in the 3rd person. I heard HUGE manipulation from her and the unsaid "I wish someone loves me like everyone lives Avi". She's a mess .

Also, Papa Armando has only met Kenny twice. I would need some time to meet my child's fiance too. Overall I thought Papa Armando did well. Great scene. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I find it rather interesting that someone as devout and religious as Bini would procreate without the sacrament of Holy Matrimony and live with a woman who is not his wife.  It would appear that he is picking and choosing which doctrines of his faith he wants to obey.  

Doesn't everyone?  

Bini wants the wife and children and they should all be whatever religion he is and follow the rules closely but Bini does not want to, he wants to dance with his (gorgeous) ex but wants the facade of the perfect home life.  If it was super important to him in reality he should not have had unprotected sex with Ari, he shouldn't have had sex at all so if I were Ari I would have told him to shove it with the cold water Mikva challenge he made her endure.  Did she even know the prayers to say, did the naked Mikva lady say the prayers?  All I saw was some topless woman strong arm Ari under a stream of water so much my arm was hurting from seeing her clutch her arm and force her to turn this way and that.

I will never understand that religion thing, if it is so important to the person that they should just meet someone from their place of worship and not look at someone who is not in the fold or at the very least not have sex out of wedlock let alone a baby. I mean how religious do you think you are if you are schtupping anyone you are not married to then act all high and mighty when the person says they do not want to convert to your religion or take part in ceremonies. Like Anita said from West Side Story, "Stick to Your Own Kind" and there won't be an issue, easy peasy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I will never understand that religion thing, if it is so important to the person that they should just meet someone from their place of worship and not look at someone who is not in the fold or at the very least not have sex out of wedlock let alone a baby. I mean how religious do you think you are if you are schtupping anyone you are not married to then act all high and mighty when the person says they do not want to convert to your religion or take part in ceremonies. Like Anita said from West Side Story, "Stick to Your Own Kind" and there won’t be an issue.

Steven falls into the same category, doesn’t he?!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Steven falls into the same category, doesn’t he?!

Most of the do!

Not only do they ignore the religion but they go the most expensive, difficult route to make the relationship happen.

If you were involved with a very religious man, have his baby out of wedlock, live together, never see him go to church then he puts all this crap on you to hike to a ceremony, insist you get baptized, etc...I would tell that person to eff themselves, clearly their religion is not that important to them.

• Love 11

Summeat's parents will never, every accept Jenny. He knows it, too. Stop saying "I will talk to them". You have already said and done that a million times, Summeat. Stop lying. Jenny, stop believing. 

Alina needs to leave SteVen. He stupid antics could put her in to great danger. I worry about her. Hitchhiking in a foreign country, not speaking the language, barely knowing where you are going.  Yet, he has managed to survive doing those type of things. Go figure. 

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yet, he has managed to survive doing those type of things. Go figure. 

There are just those lucky assholes who walk among us that never, ever seem to face any consequences for their actions. My exhusband is one---for ex, driving home drunk one night he rear ended a stopped SUV. The damage to our little car (no, I was not with him) was signficant and it ended up totaled. He got out of the car and argued with the other driver who freaked out and called 911 cause it was like 4 am. Cops showed up and waved them all away as a fender bender. Never even asked if he had been drinking. That's the kind of luck he has....Steven seems to be that kind of dude. Watching him triggered me big time because my ex also liked to do things he saw as "edgy" and hip. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Cini said:

I don't believe that Victor is 38. He looks considerably older. I think he shaved at least 10 years off his age.

Where did they meet? Dating app? 

Here's the whole back story: "According to a preview clip posted on 90 Day Fiancé's YouTube channel, Ellie reveals how she met Victor two years ago while on a solo trip to Colombia. 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way newbie Ellie met up with a friend, and she ended up going to Providencia. “We were walking down the beach and this guy drove up on a motorcycle to one of the little beach bars,” recalls Ellie as she speaks of Victor’s big smile. Ellie felt some “immediate chemistry and tension.” She blushes, “Oh my god, this guy is such a dreamboat,” and she called him “cute.” Ellie immediately came back to the beach. Victor saw her, smiled and made her a pina colada, which the 90 Day Fiancé celeb describes as having “literally changed my life.”"

I agree that he appears to be older than 38, but since Ellie herself is 45, I don't understand the reason why he needs to appear younger. 

Edited by magemaud
Just had to bold that! To each his/her own, I guess
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Jenny is an idiot and Sumit keeps playing her.  Knowing what the Delta variant did in India, I was dying at how poorly people were wearing masks, including Sumit's family and his pregnant SIL. 

Yup. I notice how many people wear masks and then when they arrive at their destination with people they know - be it family they haven't seen for awhile, friends or whomever, they immediately take their masks off. They apparently think that just because they know these people they become immune from catching Covid from them.

I also noticed when Jenny was looking at the beads she greeting the woman behind the "counter" in English. This is an ongoing thing in many if not all of the segments with English-speaking people being in foreign countries  - they just assume everyone speaks English. Don't like that. Respect where you are and ASK before blurting out what you want and say, "Hello, do you speak English?" Be respectful of where you are.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Here's the whole back story: "According to a preview clip posted on 90 Day Fiancé's YouTube channel, Ellie reveals how she met Victor two years ago while on a solo trip to Colombia. 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way newbie Ellie met up with a friend, and she ended up going to Providencia. “We were walking down the beach and this guy drove up on a motorcycle to one of the little beach bars,” recalls Ellie as she speaks of Victor’s big smile. Ellie felt some “immediate chemistry and tension.” She blushes, “Oh my god, this guy is such a dreamboat,” and she called him “cute.” Ellie immediately came back to the beach. Victor saw her, smiled and made her a pina colada, which the 90 Day Fiancé celeb describes as having “literally changed my life.”"

I don't know why I'm still amazed by the fact that these idiots turn a vacation fling into the TRUE LOVE/SOULMATE THAT THEY CANNOT POSSIBLY LIVE WITHOUT.

Nothing wrong with having a fling on vacation with either someone local or another traveler. Be safe, use birth control, have fun for a few days. Maybe exchange a few texts afterwards, but both go back to their non vacation lives and try to find someone local for an actual relationship? 

Just a thought. Oh wait, these people do not think! Silly me...

6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe if she returns to the US, she'll bring Nanny Mimi along instead of Bini

Nanny Mimi should start growing dreads to increase her chances of this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't think Armando's father is comfortable being on camera, or discussing the upcoming marriage on international TV.     I think he's just a very shy person, and will have to work up the courage to attend a big public event with all kinds of photographers and film crews. 

First, I love Armando and Kenny...I completely agree with you, CrazyinAlabama, Armando sr did not sign up for this show, his son did.  Armando jr needs to give his dad time and space to get used to all of it, it's a lot!!  That said, it seems clear to me that Armando sr does love his son and whether or not sr attends the wedding or not, jr needs to remember how much his dad loves him

• Love 9