Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E31: The Legacy

Granny/Lady Chiyo makes the big speech and the ultimate sacrifice, bringing Gaara back from the dead in exchange for her life. The Sand troops come in just in time to see their boss get revived, including two females fangirl-ing over him. We get beat with the "Gaara = Naruto" stick a few times, but we're used to it by now, right? Oh, and Kabuto is healthy enough to walk around and put his makeup on. One more episode left until the next season, but we get an eyeful of the new Leaf kid in the closing credits.

I get that Sasuke and Gaara are similar, but I can't see any girls getting hot 'n' heavy for the latter. I think it's because Gaara's childhood was less happy than even Sasuke's, and the one-tailed beastie that used to dwell within him would be a dealbreaker.

Gaara's got a couple of advantages when it comes to the fangirls. For one thing he's the Big Important Dude. He's also less of a jerk than Sasuke ever since Naruto defeated him with the power of friendship (and an explosive-tag enema). And that husky voice of his probably doesn't hurt either.