Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: 2 Night Season Premiere, Part 2: Back To School

• Start Topic

If I were known for my voice (say Christina Aguilera/Adele/Sam Smith/Justin Timberlake) it seems like the smartest move is to sing your own songs. No one would have ever guessed Toni Braxton, and she would have lasted so long, if she just sang Toni Braxton's "he wasn't man enough for me"

If I heard someone nail "Candyman" by CA, I guarantee I'd guess it was Demi Lovato. Lol, not Christina Aguilera. Even "Pieces of Me" by Ashley Simpson would make me guess... like Julianne Hough. Haha

• Love 1

So clearly, that button thing is going to be planned and orchestrated, and will be someone who wanted to perform but wanted to/could only appear once. Not a fan of that, hopefully it doesn't stick around like the Wildcards have. A good group so far, no obvious duds. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Ananayel said:

So clearly, that button thing is going to be planned and orchestrated, and will be someone who wanted to perform but wanted to/could only appear once. Not a fan of that,

Agree about that fix, but I actually don't mind it. I think it's fun to see real singers/celebrities on this show (compared to influencers & the D list, etc)... and if they can only spare one day due to other commitments, I'm happy for that single appearance.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Agree about that fix, but I actually don't mind it. I think it's fun to see real singers/celebrities on this show (compared to influencers & the D list, etc)... and if they can only spare one day due to other commitments, I'm happy for that single appearance.

I agree - I don't hate it. I think it will be Robin or Nicole who uses it, not Ken, since Ken already has one point, and as singers, R/N would have more credibility in knowing for certain who it is, and it would give some "suspense" as to which judge will win whatever the silly trophy is. An ear?

• Love 1

I think Toni Braxton agreed to do the show only if she would be on a certain amount of episodes  Likely due to her medical concerns.  She was too good to be voted off so soon.   Cannot imagine trying to sing with a mask on, let alone with another huge one on your head.

Edited by sas616
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I agree - I don't hate it. I think it will be Robin or Nicole who uses it, not Ken, since Ken already has one point, and as singers, R/N would have more credibility in knowing for certain who it is, and it would give some "suspense" as to which judge will win whatever the silly trophy is. An ear?

Oh, Ken's definitely gonna use it, as part of his whole "I Know Exactly Who This Is" schtick. How else are we gonna find out what the Dire Consequences are gonna be?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sas616 said:

I think Toni Braxton agreed to do the show only if she would be on a certain amount of episodes  Likely due to her medical concerns.  She was too good to be voted off so soon.   Cannot imagine trying to sing with a mask on, let alone with another huge one on your head.

I think that’s likely.  It makes me wonder why Nick isn’t masking,

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I heard Toni was a no vaxer , so…….I’m confused by her appearance, but I’m curious about Jenny too.

Is there any chance the Skunk is male?

Seems like anti-vaxxers often make that choice for their children (these two in particular) as these Gen X parents were definitely vaccinated to attend school. 

That probably means Jenny and Toni got vaxxed to participate in this show. Toni, likely because of her lupus. Jenny, who knows? If she refused the covid vaccine, she is likely being tested daily. Could be agent zero in the outbreaks that occurred this season too.

Welp, I did see Ken (he waved at me!) but he was talking to someone and I didn't want to bother him. Then he got a phone call and it was time to go to the football game. So nothing to report, but he did talk about the extensive testing and safety precautions the production does, and they have had no transmissions on-set the entire time. I promise I wasn't eavesdropping - it's a small store and you can hear everything in it. I am fairly sure his speech tomorrow will be available online, probably on Duke's Youtube channel, if anyone is interested. 

• Love 3
On 9/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, sas616 said:

That's  what I think, too.  There's no way she'd be voted off when "Baby" had such an awful performance.  And it was probably too early to use the "Mask-Off Button" since it had just been introduced and Ken misused it. 

• Love 4

Rewatching this week's episode, and I'm pretty sure the Hamster is Rob Schneider. He's the right height, he talked in the clue package about working with his "famous friends" (Happy Madison, anyone?), and the Elvis impression Schneider did on SNL sounds a lot like Hamster's performance.

15 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Welp, I did see Ken (he waved at me!) but he was talking to someone and I didn't want to bother him. Then he got a phone call and it was time to go to the football game. So nothing to report, but he did talk about the extensive testing and safety precautions the production does, and they have had no transmissions on-set the entire time. I promise I wasn't eavesdropping - it's a small store and you can hear everything in it. I am fairly sure his speech tomorrow will be available online, probably on Duke's Youtube channel, if anyone is interested. 

It’s on WRAL. Great speech by Ken!  I’ll post link for it on media thread.  I’m in Raleigh area.  

I was disappointed by both eliminations in Part II.   Loved Vivica Fox's Mother Nature costume and she didn't sound half bad.    I'm totally shocked about Toni Braxton being the Pufferfish.    I'm a big fan of hers and can't believe I didn't recognize her voice.    Of course after she took the mask off, it was more recognizable.

I only have guesses for the two original Group A contestants left.   Both Hamster and Baby can go anytime.

Skunk - Gave off a Faith Evans vibe.   Second choice:  Lauryn Hill

Bull - Only name that came to mind was John Legend, though would he slum on Masked Singer.

• Love 1

I was disappointed that Vivica and Toni were unmasked. Love them both. Vivica’s costume was amazing and Toni Braxton has seven Grammys. In the  meantime, mediocre talents like T-Pain and Kandi Buress won their seasons. Stupid show!

• Love 5

They really do fill that audience with morons.  Either that or manipulate votes to create shocks.  Even never guessing that was Toni Braxton, that was clearly a better singer than the rest there, but they voted her off anyway.

The one thing I knew is that it had to be someone really capable of adjusting her voice.  While neither the Doja Cat nor the Dua Lipa songs are huge, she mimicked their styles SO expertly, that really threw me off.